Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Zyla posted:

alpha protocol might be the most genius game ever to be rendered completely unplayable by horrific mechanics

SHOTGUNS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

i keep track of the 5 best posters of all time. its a very prestigious list :hai:

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

its time for a little game theory y'all

*spins chair around backwards*

what if Jared was actually in a Hillary Swank's Boys Don't Cry sitch, and Ivanka is actually a lesbian, and in order to fool Trump and gain his blessing for her hand in marriage....

realtalk swank did some amazing work in that movie

one of those things that just hurts to watch because she made it real as heck

whereas if parasites like jared or ivanka had to deal with some actual physical and emotional trauma id just sort of nod and welcome them to real life

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

LMAO at Mitch McConnell.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Augus posted:

I mean you could just play Far Cry I guess?
Fallout 4's problem is that it completely sucks dick at being an RPG

i never played 4 because it looked bad, but this does apply to 3 and new vegas

far cry is fun but it's not the same whereas fallout as cool but trying to actually shoot rats or whatever feels awful

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

any game that tracks, as a statistic, how many orphans you have created by your actions

is a loving amazing game

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

the wikipedia article on this game is charming af

The game itself was fun even though there was no combat. It was so peaceful and relaxing to just farm items or create art or breed beetles or try to figure out beer brewing or cutting gems or a whole bunch of other poo poo.

You could completely ignore the political stuff.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can't even find a mass effect andromeda thread

grim

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Duscat posted:

twitter really needs to get proactive with this poo poo, it's not like these propaganda accounts are hard to spot

They have no trouble spotting them. They just don't want to get rid of them.

They have a flag that can be assigned to a Nazi account so that it can't be viewed in countries with laws against that. But they won't delete the account because they either don't care or actually want Nazis using Twitter.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the best gun in alpha protocol... is your fists

and the pistols

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i never played 4 because it looked bad, but this does apply to 3 and new vegas

far cry is fun but it's not the same whereas fallout as cool but trying to actually shoot rats or whatever feels awful

fallout 3 had you cant hit poo poo even if you aim perfectly without high skill points in shooting

New Vegas and 4 have you can hit everything perfectly with good aim but the damage you do is stat based

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Duscat posted:

twitter really needs to get proactive with this poo poo, it's not like these propaganda accounts are hard to spot

twitter has been hemorrhaging money since the day before it was created

they will never spend the money for appropriate levels of curation

social media is just a fancy word for "forums with absentee mods"

always has been

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

some of the finest postin itf was eonwe in the no man's sky thread

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

euphronius posted:

grim

I enjoyed playing it. Which is different from saying it's a good game, but I enjoyed it

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

She had the best body. She had the best face. She had the best hair I’ve ever seen. You know, hair is my thing. I’m really into hair up right now, okay? And she has the most beautiful. I mean, she had the best hair, but she had the best face and the best body. You said [she had] the best face. She had the best body.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
fallout 4's perk system should have been changed so you could pick any perks you want, up to whatever your SPECIAL stat was in that column

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ok yeah New Vegas is a great game that's built on a complete dumpster fire of an engine, I'll freely admit that.
like on console the game just didn't animate enemies that were more than like 25m away from you, their models would just be flopping around in their default position. it was hilarious

Augus has issued a correction as of 17:01 on Sep 27, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zyla posted:

fallout 3 had you cant hit poo poo even if you aim perfectly without high skill points in shooting

New Vegas and 4 have you can hit everything perfectly with good aim but the damage you do is stat based

doing FPS/RPG fusion mechanics correctly: deus ex 1

doing them wrong: deus ex 3, every fallout 3+

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Zyla posted:

alpha protocol might be the most genius game ever to be rendered completely unplayable by horrific mechanics

it wasn't that bad :colbert:

so long as you spent all your points on a gun

which sabotages the whole RPG element of it

... still a good game tho

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Lastgirl posted:

they call them boomers because they explode literally near you upon death

something in a biology book i read, a thing that you should check out, is called "cellular apoptosis"

exploding on death is actually the complete opPoSITE of cELlULar APOPTOSIS LASTGIRL YOU DUMB loving B

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mormonpartyboat posted:

fallout 4's perk system should have been changed so you could pick any perks you want, up to whatever your SPECIAL stat was in that column

wait didn't it actually work like this? i swear it did

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

#skate4

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Schnorkles posted:

some of the finest postin itf was eonwe in the no man's sky thread

NMS is a game that could be really good and nstead it isn't

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
http://www.fox19.com/story/36458367/nky-bbq-joint-joins-restaurants-opting-not-to-show-nfl-games

Watch as he quietly starts playing football again as everyone just went down the street.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Bethamphetamine posted:

She had the best body. She had the best face. She had the best hair I’ve ever seen. You know, hair is my thing. I’m really into hair up right now, okay? And she has the most beautiful. I mean, she had the best hair, but she had the best face and the best body. You said [she had] the best face. She had the best body.

:yooge: i'm a SKIN man

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Schnorkles posted:

gonna be that one dude in games who basically calls rpgs a waste now that graphics are good and says that the only games to play are FPSes

nethack bithc

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how is trump reacting to strange loss

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Lastgirl posted:

they call them boomers because they explode literally near you upon death

something in a biology book i read, a thing that you should check out, is called "cellular apoptosis"

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

:hmbol:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Kurtofan posted:

how is trump reacting to strange loss

he deleted the tweets he had supporting strange lmao
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/912871658498560001

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Schnorkles posted:

yeah but only the first tier i suppose, after that you need to level up for the next tiers

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

euphronius posted:

grim

It was sacrificed to become the gaming food megathread.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Zyla posted:

Look at this babby who didn't go stealth + pistols

Also Fallout 4 on survival mode has such good combat/exploration/etc compared to every other game in the series but then only 4-5 quests that aren't garbage that I fully understand why fans hate it but that doesn't make it any less fun to sneak up on a camp, kill them all and then steal all their water and duct tape

Also, donald tromp? Bad

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Iron Crowned posted:

http://www.fox19.com/story/36458367/nky-bbq-joint-joins-restaurants-opting-not-to-show-nfl-games

Watch as he quietly starts playing football again as everyone just went down the street.

yeah this was totally newsworthy, sure

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

sloppo posted:

it wasn't that bad :colbert:

so long as you spent all your points on a gun

which sabotages the whole RPG element of it

... still a good game tho

lol if u cant roleplay using a gun

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

:stare:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

on this topic, this page owns:
https://factba.se/topic/deleted-tweets

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

wait, friendship ended with luther strange ? loveable big rear end fellow ?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

dungeon crawl is much more enjoyable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

no it unlocked later in the column based on your special stat, so each perk had a minimum stat to go with it

• Locked thread