Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

that's...strange

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Kurtofan posted:

how is trump reacting to strange loss

deleting his tweets, apparently

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/27/politics/deleted-tweets-trump-luther-strange/index.html

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

suburban virgin posted:

exploding on death is actually the complete opPoSITE of cELlULar APOPTOSIS LASTGIRL YOU DUMB loving B

something that was implied, and i think you should check out, is "social apoptosis"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

WE HAVE A NEW DEVELOPMENT ABOUT THIS STORY OF THE PRESIDENT HAVING A RACIST FEUD WITH NFL!!!!

some white dude in florida isn't watching footballl in his shithole bar

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Kurtofan posted:

how is trump reacting to strange loss

deleting tweets, lol

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

is there any other kind of criticism

theres lots o good criticism in the art world, and a tiny amount of good criticism in the music world

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

wat

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

pathetic little tramp posted:

dungeon crawl is much more enjoyable

lol if u can experience joy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mister magpie posted:

deleting tweets, lol

nobody will be the wiser

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zyla posted:

alpha protocol might be the most genius game ever to be rendered completely unplayable by horrific mechanics

yeah! my kinda game

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Lastgirl posted:

something that was implied, and i think you should check out, is "social apoptosis"

what is that, like, curling up into a ball and dying next to the wheeliebins?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

that was a fun day

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/bankedits/status/913071344354553856

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

yeah! my kinda game

obsidian: a dozen shakespeares in the writing and design department, but 100 monkies chained to laptops coding it all

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Alpha Protocol is a good game and every steam sale I buy it for 5bux for yet another friend who never pays it :smith:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

theres lots o good criticism in the art world, and a tiny amount of good criticism in the music world

im not being super sarcastic, like ive honestly never seen any kind of criticism that doesnt boil down to "i like this" or "i dont like this" with the explanation bearing the implication that you should feel the same

and i dont think it can be any different, since art is a dialogue between a person and a thing, and each person's dialogue is subjective so~~~

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

WE HAVE A NEW DEVELOPMENT ABOUT THIS STORY OF THE PRESIDENT HAVING A RACIST FEUD WITH NFL!!!!

some white dude in florida isn't watching footballl in his shithole bar

truley a principaled stand :patriot:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

suburban virgin posted:

what is that, like, curling up into a ball and dying next to the wheeliebins?

and then you explode organically and sometimes orgasmically :q:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
my biggest disappointment so far with the trump admin is they haven't figured out that they can send a text message to every American

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

and then you explode organically and sometimes orgasmically :q:

luv to organ explode

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-physically-mocks-mccain-mcconnell-in-private

======================================

During a private dinner with conservative activists at the White House this week, President Donald Trump complained about his fellow Republicans in the Senate, calling Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) “weak” and physically mocking him and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).

Imitating McCain’s thumbs-down gesture, which he used to indicate his no vote in the last Obamacare repeal vote in July, Trump reportedly mocked the gesticulation at the dinner, complete with a facial expression. He called McCain “disgraceful” for his decision on health care, Politico and Axios reported.

At the private dinner he also called McConnell “weak” for his failure to repeal Obamacare and for not changing the Senate filibuster rule that would only require 51 votes to pass bills.

Trump also physically mocked McConnell, according to Axios, which reported Trump mimicked McConnell’s posture by slumping his shoulders and having a lethargic demeanor.

While Trump hasn’t refrained from publicly shaming McCain or McConnell in the past, he dialed back on his criticism of the Senate majority leader after the two had a meeting a few weeks ago.

During a private dinner with conservative activists at the White House this week, President Donald Trump complained about his fellow Republicans in the Senate, calling Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) “weak” and physically mocking him and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ).

Imitating McCain’s thumbs-down gesture, which he used to indicate his no vote in the last Obamacare repeal vote in July, Trump reportedly mocked the gesticulation at the dinner, complete with a facial expression. He called McCain “disgraceful” for his decision on health care, Politico and Axios reported.

At the private dinner he also called McConnell “weak” for his failure to repeal Obamacare and for not changing the Senate filibuster rule that would only require 51 votes to pass bills.

Trump also physically mocked McConnell, according to Axios, which reported Trump mimicked McConnell’s posture by slumping his shoulders and having a lethargic demeanor.

While Trump hasn’t refrained from publicly shaming McCain or McConnell in the past, he dialed back on his criticism of the Senate majority leader after the two had a meeting a few weeks ago.

======================================

Our president has the emotional capacity of a snotty first-grader, this is awesome

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

With Her

Withher

Wither

NOTCH!!!

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Shageletic posted:

As always, gently caress Joe Scarboarough

quote:

"Your Ex-Intern is Dead"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

holy poo poo lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kurtofan posted:

that's...strange

Luth Er Strange: Before the Tweetstorm

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Wakanim, an officially-licensed anime streaming service in Europe, has started preparing for the fall season by publishing English (and French) subtitled trailers of upcoming TV series My Girlfriend Is Too Much To Handle aka My Girlfriend Is Sobitch aka Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken ("My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch"),

:thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mormonpartyboat posted:

im not being super sarcastic, like ive honestly never seen any kind of criticism that doesnt boil down to "i like this" or "i dont like this" with the explanation bearing the implication that you should feel the same

and i dont think it can be any different, since art is a dialogue between a person and a thing, and each person's dialogue is subjective so~~~

the trick is to look for criticism that doesn't have a score at the end. a lot of it is going to be pre internet. here's a good piece on metal machine music http://www.rocknroll.net/loureed/articles/mmmbangs.html

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

lol

quote:

Clapper said Trump is referring to a short handwritten note delivered the morning after the November election, and that he has sent no subsequent note. His spokesman, Shawn Turner, told the Washington Examiner that Clapper wrote two near-identical letters on the eve of the election — one to Trump, another to Hillary Clinton.

"The night before the election, the intelligence community prepared and deployed two teams of PDB briefers — daily briefers — to give the first intelligence brief to whomever won the election," Turner said. "Director Clapper hand-wrote two almost identical notes to the candidates."

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lester Bangs is a moron

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

can you imagine if obama deleted embarrassing tweets

also Lol they closed bioware Montreal

no more mass effect ever again

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

In his excellent liner notes, Lou asserts that he and the other speedfreaks did not start World Wars I, II, "or the Bay of Pigs, for that matter." And he's right. If everybody took amphetamines, all the time, everybody would understand each other. Either that or never listen or bother with the other son of a bitch, because they'd all be too busy spending three days drawing psychedelic lines around a piece of steno paper until it's totally black, writing eighty-page letters about meaningless occurrences to their mothers, or creating MMM. There would be no more wars, and peace and harmony would reign. Just imagine Gerald Ford on speed- he might manifest some glimmer of personality. Or Ronald Reagan- a blood vessel in his snapping-turtle lips would immediately burst, perhaps ridding us of that cocksucker. As is well known by now, JFK enjoyed regular injections of Meth and vitamins from happy croakers. 'Nuff said. Hey may not have actually accomplished anything (except the Bay of Pigs- wait a minute, Lou hasn't been doing his homework), but he had style and a winning smile.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol good criticism doesnt really matter whether or not you like it

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

HE SAID IT WOULD BE A PLEASURE TO SERVE

HE LIED

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Epic High Five posted:

With Her

Withher

Wither

NOTCH!!!

im witch her was the best, even if it was that one moron who drew it

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

In his excellent liner notes, Lou asserts that he and the other speedfreaks did not start World Wars I, II, "or the Bay of Pigs, for that matter." And he's right. If everybody took amphetamines, all the time, everybody would understand each other. Either that or never listen or bother with the other son of a bitch, because they'd all be too busy spending three days drawing psychedelic lines around a piece of steno paper until it's totally black, writing eighty-page letters about meaningless occurrences to their mothers, or creating MMM. There would be no more wars, and peace and harmony would reign. Just imagine Gerald Ford on speed- he might manifest some glimmer of personality. Or Ronald Reagan- a blood vessel in his snapping-turtle lips would immediately burst, perhaps ridding us of that cocksucker. As is well known by now, JFK enjoyed regular injections of Meth and vitamins from happy croakers. 'Nuff said. Hey may not have actually accomplished anything (except the Bay of Pigs- wait a minute, Lou hasn't been doing his homework), but he had style and a winning smile.

Are you impressed by this?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

Or Ronald Reagan- a blood vessel in his snapping-turtle lips would immediately burst, perhaps ridding us of that cocksucker.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Al! posted:

the trick is to look for criticism that doesn't have a score at the end. a lot of it is going to be pre internet. here's a good piece on metal machine music http://www.rocknroll.net/loureed/articles/mmmbangs.html

that album was tuned wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zyla posted:

Wakanim, an officially-licensed anime streaming service in Europe, has started preparing for the fall season by publishing English (and French) subtitled trailers of upcoming TV series My Girlfriend Is Too Much To Handle aka My Girlfriend Is Sobitch aka Boku no Kanojo ga Majime Sugiru Shojo Bitch na Ken ("My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch"),

:thunk:

anime is.... life??

• Locked thread