Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

deathbysnusnu posted:

So yesterday me and some friends were talking about the whole NFL thing at a bar and how insane it is that trump is actively insulting and attacking people and our waitress said that people were complaining that we were "offensive". I think I'm just going to start keying every car with a trump bumper sticker.

a few weeks ago, i almost got in a bar fight with a crazy serb who was defending the bosnian genocide. he was too young to have even been alive during the war.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Not sure if you've noticed, but the President is a colossal loving moron.

honestly i feel like he gets significantly dumber every single day

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

quote:

Essential, the first major startup from Android founder Andy Rubin’s venture capital firm Playground

i mean, might as well call it what it is

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol owned

also piecing it together it looks like andromeda lost about 50 million dollars lol not including the opportunity cost

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
many years ago pitchfork reviews were funny

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

quote:

The relatively low sales figures from BayStreet for the Essential phone can be contrasted with the company’s valuation; Bloomberg columnist Tim Culpan recently calculated that Essential is now valued at roughly $1.2 billion, the Verge reported.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

I gave up keeping up with video games

:same:

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

a n d t h e y l a u g h w h e n i s a y m o n e y i s a l i e

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

The relatively low sales figures from BayStreet for the Essential phone can be contrasted with the company’s valuation; Bloomberg columnist Tim Culpan recently calculated that Essential is now valued at roughly $1.2 billion, the Verge reported.

This next crash is going to be a wild one

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Earnestly reading pitchfork is a mental disorder

so is reading every post in the the trump thread~

Al! posted:

ive read exactly one pitchfork review and it was the one that gave that bad radiohead album a 10/10

i remember that :whitewater:

i used to read a bit of allmusic after :jerkbag:ing over pitchfork but theres critics and theres critiques

gently caress critics imo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
imagine you are thom f radiohead adn you go "we're going to name our album hail to the thief take that bu$h"

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
I played like five hours or so of dark souls for the first time yest, finally got past like one boss lol but went to sleep thinking it was kinda gimmicky if fun. still thinking abt though so im gonna play more today i think i enjoy using a shield and sword

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

mormonpartyboat posted:

theres plenty of criticism without a score at the end nowadays

also thats just a big piece thats "i like it" and an explanation bearing an implication that you should like it too so idgi????

that's just what criticism is tho. kinda pointless now that 99% of new music is available to stream and you can just decide for yourself without dropping $15

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Reince Penis posted:

Ouch.

Double ouch.

https://twitter.com/CIAGoFundMe/status/912678518714191872

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

wow, hey girl, uh, can i buy u a bowl of baileys and cornflakes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope ur playing dark souls with a game pad

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

smh criticism isnt supposed to be some universal truth

you find someone whose opinion matches yours and use it to find stuff you might like

or you find someone who you think is a fuckin moron and check out stuff they dont like

or you find someone whose writing style you enjoy and read about stuff that sounds interesting

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

venture capitalism is a loving mental illness

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clC6cgoh1sU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
"Lets make a super expensive boondoggle phone this will certainly work and has not been tried before and failed miserably each time" ~ Venture Capitalists, who are loving idiots

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
💯

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
so how crazy is roy moore? more or less than strange?

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
hail to the thief was okay it had that one song about vampires with the glockenspiel, that was funny

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Al! posted:

imagine you are thom f radiohead adn you go "we're going to name our album hail to the thief take that bu$h"

it's a loving great album

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

MacheteZombie posted:

moore

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Push up flag shorts guy is going to be in congress in 10 years.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Al! posted:

my new album is called garbage drumpf its a concept album

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

remember all that bullshit about the ten commandments at the courthouse?

every time it wasnt oklahoma it was roy moore

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

so is reading every post in the the trump thread~

i remember that :whitewater:

i used to read a bit of allmusic after :jerkbag:ing over pitchfork but theres critics and theres critiques

gently caress critics imo

lol p4k is a fkn joke

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

wow, hey girl, uh, can i buy u a bowl of baileys and cornflakes

this image tells me that reince can take like 15 years off his face if he worse some eyeshadow, get on it reince

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
critique is sometimes interesting, reviews are just like "here's a list of poo poo maybe u'll like some of the poo poo????"

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

triple sulk posted:

it's a loving great album
nobody said amnesiac

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

green day did it better :c00l:

punchymcpunch posted:

smh criticism isnt supposed to be some universal truth

you find someone whose opinion matches yours and use it to find stuff you might like

or you find someone who you think is a fuckin moron and check out stuff they dont like

or you find someone whose writing style you enjoy and read about stuff that sounds interesting

preach

its the critics that treat it as a self-evident truth that i have a problem with

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

MacheteZombie posted:

Very religiously crazy

edit: purestrain alabama crazy

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

lol p4k is a fkn joke

lol if u aint a fukken joek

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

Compared to him, Ted Cruz is mildly intense about his religion.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

euphronius posted:

I gave up

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

euphronius posted:

i think understanding video games comes naturally to me because i've been playing them since before i started forming long term memory

but music criticism is like, fuckin impenetrable to me

i know what i like but i can't describe it or understand how to find more of it reliably

destiny 2 is good

trump, tho? he's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this is one of my favorite tweets

• Locked thread