Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

exquisite tea posted:

Not me I love all those Radiohead songs where Thom Yorke woooos like those motion-sensor ghosts you put outside your house on Halloween against a drumpad for 7 minutes.

lol @ the implication that words matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81SBQrGd2f0

extremely my poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zyla posted:

i still think radiohead is the singular most overrated band of all time

:yossame:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ahahaha babby piss golem is lashing out at McConnell for literally no reason

this is turtle man's personal hell on Earth and it fukkin owns

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/913068407133736961

HHOlY loving poo poo CLINTON SHUT THE gently caress UP

KSA is running

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lastgirl posted:

this heat is better

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

no not really

when you look at a game, or a painting, or music, you immediately have a tactile sense of if you like it or not. and certain things snag on your brain as particularly important in your liking - a certain image, a rad guitar solo, the extremely horny furry character you can make. it's an abstract Like or Dislike, based almost wholly on personal experience and context. thats why you have people who loved their time in everquest and would never ever ever play that game again because it's a dogshit bad game. so when you try to verbalize what makes an art subjectively Good or Bad, you look at the things that you liked or disliked on a tactile basis and since we can't just pass a gestalt you try to phrase them in ways that trigger other people to feel that same tactile sense that you got. but it only works where other people have at least the same roots of that tactile sense

so individual criticisms naturally take one of two forms, its either analysis of the emotional impact which is wholly subjective and p worthless except from a warm fuzzy confirmation bias thing, or its technical criticism where you find some objective things that don't follow agreed upon rules. and the latter is always fucky because breaking rules is one of the cornerstones of art, and rules are always more creative limitations than actual Rules anyway, so it's limited to extremely specific formal arguments. games have it the easiest here, because stuff like "its loving broken and crashes all the time" is A Good Objective Criticism

so thats why i said criticism cant really be anything beyond "i like this" or "i dont like this" with little more than explanations and implications attached. and holy moly do people like writing explanations (mlmp)

also tom wolfe is an idiot gently caress art critics and art theory

i understand your criticism of criticsm....... and reject it :evilbuddy:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_sJVazqw58

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQjyGT1-mc

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

pro wrestling nerds and ufc fans are cowardly Trump supporters I'm shocked beyond measure

I mean 95% of the PSP prograps threads are really good people but the remaining 5%, woof

yeah its unexpected and kinda hilarious

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Trump got hosed by Big Luther Strange.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FB1_5pQNk

gonna just leave this here for no reason

trump

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Zyla posted:

i still think radiohead is the singular most overrated band of all time

the most underrated band is aQua

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

punchymcpunch posted:

the most underrated band is aQua

enigma

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lastgirl posted:

i can't even talk in public with my friends about it, its gotta be closed off

thats how divisive and volatile Trump really is

its weird as gently caress, its pretty dystopian because people are getting very emotionally charged these days

i mean they ran over a woman...

im happy i have a really good friend that i met back in university that is almost the total opposite of me when it comes to politics but we're able to keep things from getting personal because holy hell it's boring to talk to someone who agrees with me completely.

like imagine drinking and all you had to talk about was topic->everyone agreeing enthusiastically, that poo poo gets old faaaaast.

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 17:50 on Sep 27, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Admiral Ray posted:

i like how the computer nerds came up with the idea that their god would retroactively hunt down anyone that didn't go 100% to make it since they can't comprehend building a god that then doesn't give a gently caress about puny human problems and just dies/ghosts us.

is this the basilisk or whatever

honestly caring about that is insanely stupid i dont givea gently caress if a computer makes a simulation of me to torture it, gently caress that weakass computer bitch

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

its by the ghengis khan guys (guy?)

the mongols???

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHVarQbNAwU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!

Lastgirl posted:

new order is better

this is v unpopular to say but objectively correct

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

... but the future refused to Trump!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

do u know jenny posted:

lmao what state is this?

You should have asked them if they needed a safe space (as long as it's not a conceal carry state)

isn't every state a concealed carry state now

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
craaaaash into me

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/913068407133736961

HHOlY loving poo poo CLINTON SHUT THE gently caress UP

hillary clinton will never shut up, even after she becomes 46 in 2021

*foghorn blares*

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Squizzle posted:

the mongols???

lol i aint gonna squeal, copper!

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtWTUt2RZh0

mags
May 30, 2008

tenderjerk posted:

this is v unpopular to say but objectively correct

:thunk:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

mister magpie posted:

craaaaash into me

that's was a great CD

1997 owned

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Someone should do this for Trump's Twitter and then have him brag that Twitter is letting him use 280 characters to maga.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

i like how the computer nerds came up with the idea that their god would retroactively hunt down anyone that didn't go 100% to make it since they can't comprehend building a god that then doesn't give a gently caress about puny human problems and just dies/ghosts us.

well i mean if you're gonna build a god it might as well be in your own image

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Trimp

mags
May 30, 2008

euphronius posted:

that's was a great CD

1997 owned

and i'll craaassh into youuuuu

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

it owns that trump is so bad at prez-ing that he cant win in anything including a primary race in his own party

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

i did a lot of drugs and got laid at a lot of concerts ergo i like dave matthews for enabling that

it could have been any band, but for me it was dmb

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

ftfy

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

true faith is one of the best songs of the 80s

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

honestly caring about that is insanely stupid i dont givea gently caress if a computer makes a simulation of me to torture it, gently caress that weakass computer bitch

But what if you are the simulation!?

But that's stupid as hell because you're not

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Brother Friendship posted:

hillary clinton will never shut up, even after she becomes 46 in 2021

*foghorn blares*

I come from the future bearing bad news. There will be no 46. Trump will never abdicate the throne. I'm so sorry.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

the bitcoin of weed posted:

yeah, it is. it's not that they care about it, it's just what they would do if they were a god. all those people that made fun of them, well, they put them in Oregon Trail and let them die. so they imagine their god will do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

shiksa posted:

trump actually really caring about strange losing is even better than him not giving a poo poo imo

trump has pretty good instincts but embracing the GOP establishment was his biggest and most critical mistake...he needed their resources and support to win because if he went too hard against them they were just going to turn towards clinton (who had her arms wiiiiiide open)

• Locked thread