Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I have questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mierenneuker posted:

I have questions.

X-Statix was a tremendously fun comic and I hope everybody reads it.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I 100% believe that after losing whatever bet lead to that situation, Stark locked himself into his lair for 96 hours to build an adonis skinsuit so that no one would know he has a slightly dumpy nerdbody.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
That page makes me think of this video. From the bystander's point of view mainly. There are kids there, Christ.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Mierenneuker posted:

I have questions.

If one is about the guy who isn't Stark freaking out over a tuft of grass, then I can answer it: his mutation is extreme sensory sensitivity, so without his special suit even that could gently caress him up.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Mierenneuker posted:

I have questions.

I remember that one. Tony is suffering from withdrawal, so he's all dizzy and nauseous and off balance. The fellow with the antennae is a master of hitting pressure points to knock people over and make them hurt, but his body is so sensitive that even the slightest stimulation leaves him wracked with pain. What happens when these two forces collide?

The two men roll around in the grass poking each other and screaming.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's legitimately one of the best fight scenes in comic books.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Ariong posted:

I remember that one. Tony is suffering from withdrawal, so he's all dizzy and nauseous and off balance. The fellow with the antennae is a master of hitting pressure points to knock people over and make them hurt, but his body is so sensitive that even the slightest stimulation leaves him wracked with pain. What happens when these two forces collide?

The two men roll around in the grass poking each other and screaming.

Tony's heart was weak and Mr. Sensitive hit a pressure point that affected it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Gaunab posted:

Tony's heart was weak and Mr. Sensitive hit a pressure point that affected it.

Oh yeah, that was it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Thank you all for the answers, it was a very confusing and silly panel before (well, it is still silly, but that's what makes it funny).

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Also they both had to take off their suits because they were on the property of a monastery that believed in the sacredness of nudity, to my recollection

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Zeeman posted:

Also they both had to take off their suits because they were on the property of a monastery that believed in the sacredness of nudity, to my recollection

I'd like to think the monk was just loving with them and tried to get them to leave without fighting and instead they just stripped down and continued the fight.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Marvel Legacy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

What is this I think I need it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm gonna guess it's called Marvel Legacy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

purple death ray posted:

I'm gonna guess it's called Marvel Legacy

Was kinda hoping for a little more explanation, but okay.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's about the legacy

Of marvel

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

prefect posted:

Was kinda hoping for a little more explanation, but okay.

This book.
https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Legacy-2017-1/digital-comic/543272?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC9SZWNlbnRBZGRpdGlvbnM

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
From this week's Power Rangers/Justice League #6 of 6. The day's been saved, and as per standard PR formula everyone's going to the juice bar to celebrate afterwards. Of course, Bruce Wayne being Bruce Wayne...

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

KaosMachina posted:

From this week's Power Rangers/Justice League #6 of 6. The day's been saved, and as per standard PR formula everyone's going to the juice bar to celebrate afterwards. Of course, Bruce Wayne being Bruce Wayne...

You can't put people on American money until they're dead.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

Apparently you can in the DCU America.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Lex Luthor absolutely would have moved to change that law.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Lex Luthor has died multiple times, it's okay.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

KaosMachina posted:

Ben Franklin was never president and he's on money. :eng101: Holding the office of president is not a prerequisite.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

That seems to be the version of Earth where everyone only makes the Dreamworks face

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

CzarChasm posted:

Ben Franklin was never president and he's on money. :eng101: Holding the office of president is not a prerequisite.

I was all excited about the idea of President Pocahontas, since she was on the 20 from 1865 to 1869.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CzarChasm posted:

That's definitely true, but I think their point is that the earth that didn't have a Justice League also didn't have a Lex Luthor.

They're putting Harriet Tubman on a bill soon.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I was all excited about the idea of President Pocahontas, since she was on the 20 from 1865 to 1869.

Did they replace Pocahontas with loving Andrew "killed a poo poo ton of Indians" Jackson? Because that's even worse than him being on a bill at all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

They're putting Harriet Tubman on a bill soon.

I thought Trump blocked that.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

I thought Trump blocked that.

Is my blood pressure safe in no thread? :argh:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It is "not a priority" for his treasury so almost definitely not going to happen

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

True.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

That's terrific, I want a movie of this.

To resurrect this from a few pages ago, did you ever see the thoroughly mediocre Dennis Quaid / Kathleen Turner movie Undercover Blues? Because those Modesty Blaise panels brought the vibe of watching that as a teenager screaming back.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Big Trouble in Little China: Old Man Jack has to go through hell on earth to rescue a attractive woman who is definitely not Lo Pan.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/jesse_hamm/status/913196865104916480

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

How often do you think Peter and MJ talked about him actually doing this bit, and betting on whether it would actually work?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Gaz-L posted:

How often do you think Peter and MJ talked about him actually doing this bit, and betting on whether it would actually work?

I'm guessing it was her idea, and initially he was like "that's crazy, MJ, they're solitary ambush predators; no one's going to believe they'd swarm together like ants" because he's a nerd.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

"Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot" - Uncle Ben

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The best part is the follow up panel. It shows Norman Osborn stomping away from the building fuming about that drat shrubbery and how it stopped him from getting real super powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Keeshhound posted:

I'm guessing it was her idea, and initially he was like "that's crazy, MJ, they're solitary ambush predators; no one's going to believe they'd swarm together like ants" because he's a nerd.

Dude.