Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

deathbysnusnu posted:

They started studying for the final that they need 103% on to pass the night before.

i did that for the bar exam

did just fine :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will never call another band overrated until people stop talking about Nirvana

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Elephanthead posted:

Won't every Trump appointee quit if they are not allowed to steal the public blind?

I think the problem is that people have realized Trump is too much of a giant pussy to actually fire anyone. So they can just keep doing whatever they want and the worst that will happen is a Twitter rant.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

lol this loving idiot

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

that's my dad dancing

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

is this even something they can do via eo?

also lol :rip: health insurance

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

hes doin the jeb!

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Hahaha, will that be able to be an actual law? Or will it be another one of those "I HEREBY DECLAREEEEE BANKRUPTCY!!!!" in the Office moments?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I will never call another band overrated until people stop talking about Nirvana

the thing is tho

Nirvana is properly rated

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

Unplugged was really loving solid

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Guy Goodbody posted:

we are all already enlightened we just have to practice

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

is he actually do it cuz he's did this tease thing a lot where he says he'll EO his way outta nafta but doesn't do it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

brugroffil posted:

it's even less detailed than the napkin sketch they rushed out back in May or whenever

hey man the reagan presidency got it's legislative agenda from a napkin sketch of the laffer curve

dont underestimate the power of napkin stuff

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

So the big tax reform announcement today isn't even a bill, it's a 'framework'

How long have they been working on this?

They are getting pretty decent press on this rollout considering this """"framework"""" has massive question marks strewn throughout.

They've given out goodies (mostly to the rich) but have yet to actually make hard choices.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

brugroffil posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

oh yeah that should work out fine

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

That seems like something that should require a law to be passed

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

brugroffil posted:

what are these PSP threads you guys are talking about

I would like an answer on this please tia

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Admiral Ray posted:

this fuckstick is gonna build the Shrike.

now the shrike is a god i could worship

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Agrajag posted:

hey man the reagan presidency got it's legislative agenda from a napkin sketch of the laffer curve

dont underestimate the power of napkin stuff

that's as detailed as the laffer curve actually is!

(too bad for everyone the inversion point is around 70%, not 1% or whatever idiot Republicans believe)

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Lastgirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FB1_5pQNk

gonna just leave this here for no reason

trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVj0ZTS4WF4

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
man somehow this turned into sincere music criticism chat

is this what it feels like for everybody else when it becomes video game chat

Zyla posted:

im glad all bands exist tho

its good to make music even if it sucks

:yeah:

also: postin on 108 stars of destiny page, suck it luca blight

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this is that good raw uncut poo poo

https://twitter.com/libertarianism/status/913011139830796294

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shiksa posted:

oh yeah that should work out fine

the insurance companies definitely won't collude or anything

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

the gently caress?

hey trump that's not how any of this poo poo works?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:yikes:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Steve albini begs to differ

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

Rebecca Brinkman moved to Baraboo, Wisconsin, an hour north of Madison, from Ohio in the spring of 2016 for a job as a zookeeper. She worked from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day before rushing to her polling place.

In addition to her Ohio driver’s license, she brought a manila envelope stuffed with documents to confirm her identity, including her credit card, her Social Security card, her rental lease, and a paycheck. “I was very well organized,” she told me. But November 2016 was Wisconsin’s first major election with a strict voter ID law in effect, which required voters to present one of a handful of categories of government-issued photo ID. Brinkman couldn’t get a Wisconsin driver’s license in time because her birth certificate was in Ohio.

Even though Brinkman was already registered in Wisconsin and had other forms of ID, poll workers only allowed her to cast a provisional ballot. It was never counted. “I was very frustrated,” she said. “This past election was kind of a big one.” She described herself as “liberal” and said she didn’t vote for Donald Trump, who carried the state by just 22,000 votes.

A comprehensive study released today suggests how many missing votes can be attributed to the new law. Researchers at the University of Wisconsin-Madison surveyed registered voters who didn’t cast a 2016 ballot in the state’s two biggest counties—Milwaukee and Dane, which is home to Madison. More than 1 out of 10 nonvoters (11.2 percent) said they lacked acceptable voter ID and cited the law as a reason why they didn’t vote; 6.4 percent of respondents said the voter ID law was the “main reason” they didn’t vote.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/09/a-new-study-shows-just-how-many-americans-were-blocked-from-voting-in-wisconsin-last-year/

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

triple sulk posted:

the insurance companies definitely won't collude or anything

They'll all just rush to Delaware or South Dakota or whatever state has essentially no regulations and that'll end up being our only choices. Same thing happened to usury laws.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/913087912606142469

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

time for a little reshuffle

Tom Price becomes chief of staff

GENERAL Kelly becüms Health and Human Services Secretary
bing
bong

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

boats to Alaska, all boats to Alaska

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

the mongols???

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

i can't remember now but why is this bad? cuz I sort of remember this will blow up insurance markets in certain states

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

brugroffil posted:

also lol :rip: health insurance

I don't think so, it has too far of a reach on established exchanges and local economies and likely clashes with baked law in the ACA. Seems easy to argue it's unconstitutional.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Aww he's signing an EO on the only thing his smooth brain can grasp about healthcare. Good job Mr. Trump

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

That seems like something that should require a law to be passed

trump is just going to sign a bunch of retarded executive orders and hope all of them getting tied up in the supreme court kills off ginsburg so he can appoint ed balls as her replacement and do whatever he wants

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Squizzle posted:

the mongols???

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oh word? Phyllis Schafly is human poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

trump jostled his brain this morning and unjammed the part from the election where his solution to all the healthcare problems was getting rid of state lines

• Locked thread