Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

ArmZ posted:

yes they only care about bait and switch to put more money in their rich friends pockets

that's part of it, there's also just a lot of dumb and insane ideology and worship of The Market/Capitalism since so many of them are true believers these days (still grifters, but not wise to the game like they were in the past).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

shiksa posted:

i know every time i see it i think its some loving youtube celebrity or whatever

:same:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

yeah that's what im getting from this.

sorta like a "won't somebody help me out with this troublesome person" type of way

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

brugroffil posted:

Bill Mitchell [...] post-meth

brugroffil posted:

Bill Mitchell [...] meth post

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/edatpost/status/913092849087938560

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

brugroffil posted:

that's part of it, there's also just a lot of dumb and insane ideology and worship of The Market/Capitalism since so many of them are true believers these days (still grifters, but not wise to the game like they were in the past).

almost like the OGs left and they got dealt with irony poisoning and are brain dead

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Please forget about puerto rico, thanks. - DJT

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hahahahaha TRUMP HAS TO BE FIRST NO ONE GOES BEFORE TRUMP

NOW, TRUMP CANT MAKE IT OUT FOR A FEW WEEKS SO YOU CANT GO

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Gonna make a prediction right now. When the next healthcare bill fails Trump will be talking about black peoples pants sagging

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

jfc

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/913034005422977030
https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/913088395286597633

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i worship the invisible hand.

the invisible haaaaand!

wOOOOOOoooooOOoOOOOOOoooOOooOOO

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

"He only brought up that you got laid off and had collectors after you to demonstrate that he's been following your situation" the source said "He frequently brings up negative events in other people's lives and tries to use it against them. That's just how he communicates."

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Al! posted:

imo good criticism takes a work of art and either contextualizes it within a body of work by that artist or within greater movements or looks at it through an unusual unique frame so it seems a lil overbroad to go "all criticism is too subjective to enjoy"

thats not what i said, i said that the subjective form is too subjective to enjoy unless you're primed to agree with it. thats why pitchfork is so loving insufferable - they refuse to accept that limitation. im sure other people who thought that radiohead album was the best ever were blown away by the clarity of their stank rear end review. the objective form of criticism is just super limited, and in many ways ceases to be criticism; a really interesting writeup of the history of <whatever> would be neat, and might contain criticisms throughout, but it isnt actually criticism itself. contextualization falls into that boat

which is why im v much 'gently caress criticism, just keep an open mind and experience things and whatever you enjoy, you enjoy'. at its best, criticism is just mental masturbation and at its worst it limits what you allow yourself to enjoy for wholly arbitrary reasons. and people like jerkin off so yeah a lot of people are going to enjoy a lot of criticism one way or another. doesnt make it a functional thing tho like the aesthetic critics wish they could wear

Al! posted:

tom wolfe is great even if he went senile and wrote novels about slutty sorority girls later in his career

i didnt know that but lol

but no its more that he considers artistic rules to have interpretive authority, which is why he's unable to really comprehend people rulebreaking for its own sake. and he focuses his complaints on art critics and the wrong kind of art because he's unable or unwilling to turn his eye inward and wonder why he just doesn't 'get' certain things. i certainly dont get pollack but idgaf that it exists or that other people get it, while hes extremely mad and nude before online. that and his writing accepts degenerate art theory as baseline anyway so lamo

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

tell him to gently caress off and go anyway?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

waitwhat

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

But they stop far short of offering a complete plan, a calculated decision they made to delay attacks from business groups they fear will erupt once they realize some of their favored tax breaks could be eliminated.

Some budget experts believe the blueprint outlined by Republicans on Wednesday could decrease government tax revenue by more than $5 trillion over 10 years. To offset some of that loss, Republicans need to identify tax benefits that they plan to jettison. That process has not yet begun.

“I hope that people will have the intestinal fortitude it’s going to take to do it right,” Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) said late Tuesday. “People say the health care was hard — you have no idea. You have no idea how this is going to be.”

bob corker loving sucks

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

i hate trump

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
can someone explain this "donald trump is president" joke to me?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
trump is going to annihilate puerto rico and its bad op

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

almost like the OGs left and they got dealt with irony poisoning and are brain dead

i spent the last few years building up an immunity to irony poisoning

*falls out of chair*

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

donald trump hates non whites

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

While I'd like to think this is a decision made to be considerate of the fact that literally everything in PR is hosed up and lawmakers showing up would just cause a distraction..... :smugdon:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why is Jared Kushner a woman now

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

tell him to gently caress off and go anyway?

this would rule so loving much

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at how 100% hosed puerto rico is

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

DrPossum posted:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

what the gently caress why

how do they even have the power to do this?

like just get on a plane and go there

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
puerto rico's roughnecks

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

tacodaemon posted:

trumo is on his way to Indianapolis as we speak for his first big tax speech. hope all the hoosiers are excited

while we would never be able to know for certain, thru any means, i strenuously doubt that any hoosiers post on these forums

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DrPossum posted:

People loving suck.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

mormonpartyboat posted:

thats not what i said, i said that the subjective form is too subjective to enjoy unless you're primed to agree with it. thats why pitchfork is so loving insufferable - they refuse to accept that limitation. im sure other people who thought that radiohead album was the best ever were blown away by the clarity of their stank rear end review. the objective form of criticism is just super limited, and in many ways ceases to be criticism; a really interesting writeup of the history of <whatever> would be neat, and might contain criticisms throughout, but it isnt actually criticism itself. contextualization falls into that boat

which is why im v much 'gently caress criticism, just keep an open mind and experience things and whatever you enjoy, you enjoy'. at its best, criticism is just mental masturbation and at its worst it limits what you allow yourself to enjoy for wholly arbitrary reasons. and people like jerkin off so yeah a lot of people are going to enjoy a lot of criticism one way or another. doesnt make it a functional thing tho like the aesthetic critics wish they could wear

i didnt know that but lol

but no its more that he considers artistic rules to have interpretive authority, which is why he's unable to really comprehend people rulebreaking for its own sake. and he focuses his complaints on art critics and the wrong kind of art because he's unable or unwilling to turn his eye inward and wonder why he just doesn't 'get' certain things. i certainly dont get pollack but idgaf that it exists or that other people get it, while hes extremely mad and nude before online. that and his writing accepts degenerate art theory as baseline anyway so lamo

the hell did u just say about my mom?

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Love how this is all happening to Puerto Rico and they have no political representation whatsoever

Makes me feel really good

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:worship:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

are we really white knighting a bunch of grandstanding politicians who are going to do nothing but get in the way and take away resources from relief efforts?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why is Jared Kushner a woman now

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

brugroffil posted:

what the gently caress why

how do they even have the power to do this?

like just get on a plane and go there

he can restrict their security detail most likely. I don't know if he can prevent any of the Dems from going if they really wanted to.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzjuQ3K72u4

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

While I'd like to think this is a decision made to be considerate of the fact that literally everything in PR is hosed up and lawmakers showing up would just cause a distraction..... :smugdon:

eh, some representatives or a senator visiting would help because then they'd be able to go to congress and say how hosed it is. sure, it's 100% obvious it's mega hosed, but the reality of things are that congress won't believe it until one of their own go.

• Locked thread