Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think if you die and get to come back to life there's very little room to complain that the location you were ressed in wasn't perfect. Firstly because you got to come back to life, and secondly because you're the one who chose to stand there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think if you die and get to come back to life there's very little room to complain that the location you were ressed in wasn't perfect. Firstly because you got to come back to life, and secondly because you're the one who chose to stand there.

For my example, it's more to do with "I don't get a say in when I respawn, since Mercy gets to decide that for me (also, I may have resigned to switch characters, but w/e). At the very least, let me have an opportunity to reposition, which I would have had, had I spawned back at base."

More useful during QP, probably less useful on a well organized team, I'll admit.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
all I want is a button I can push to despawn my corpse and stop getting rezzed

a. to save dumb mercies
b. to actually switch off the hero i was being ineffective and thus dead on

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Press F to Embrace Death

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Minrad posted:

all I want is a button I can push to despawn my corpse and stop getting rezzed

a. to save dumb mercies
b. to actually switch off the hero i was being ineffective and thus dead on

battlefield did this after the hilarious debacle that was the bad company 2 revive system

you had no choice in the matter when a medic revived you and you could be revived infinitely as long as they reached your body in time. you weren't invincible when brought back, there was no auto kick for idling, and being revived kicked you out of the menus so you could get stuck in an infinite res chain where the only way to escape was to completely shut the game. the kicker? each individual death was counted against you. the potential for griefing was limitless

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
That reminds me when I tried playing BF1 as a medic and everyone kept forcing a respawn before I could get to them to revive them. Great teamwork guys.

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
Have to agree that rez does need to be nerfed a bit. Not only does it make Mercy the best healer in the game uncontested, but god does it make matches where you don't have one unplayable. Mystery Heroes especially feels like once a team gets a Mercy they've gained a massive advantage over the team that doesn't.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Crossposting from the Chill thread:

I was extremely bored, so I made a poll/google form for your objectively wrong opinions on the best Overwatch skin for each character. Got a bit lazy though and subsumed the classic skins with their recolors into one option.

https://goo.gl/forms/kkudfmN8rvSOZDMR2

Feel free to share the link.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I've found that while flying to a dead soul as Mercy does not allow one to spam the 'e' button for a rez. There seems to be an almost 1-full-second cooldown after hitting 'e' that I am then allowed to revive someone I am standing on top of. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I need to be more patient on waiting until the prompt shows up on-screen before pressing the key to perform the action.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Video Nasty posted:

I've found that while flying to a dead soul as Mercy does not allow one to spam the 'e' button for a rez. There seems to be an almost 1-full-second cooldown after hitting 'e' that I am then allowed to revive someone I am standing on top of. I'm not sure if it's a bug or if I need to be more patient on waiting until the prompt shows up on-screen before pressing the key to perform the action.

Blizzard is real lovely about animation cancels, news at 11

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
The best thing about Mercy being broken is that all the cries for kneejerk nerfs to Junkrat seem to have died off

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mercy has basically become mandatory at this point and it kind of sucks :( I don't want her to go back to the way she used to play because it encouraged a lovely way of playing, but if you don't have a Mercy on your team and the other team does you're more than likely gonna be at a huge disadvantage

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Macaluso posted:

Mercy has basically become mandatory at this point and it kind of sucks :( I don't want her to go back to the way she used to play because it encouraged a lovely way of playing, but if you don't have a Mercy on your team and the other team does you're more than likely gonna be at a huge disadvantage

Not more than likely, guaranteed. Playing against a team with a Mercy while yours doesn't is, assuming equal skill levels, effectively like playing at a permanent numbers disadvantage. Even in a balanced match skillwise, nobody wants to play a perpetual 5v6 when they're the 5.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Semper Fudge posted:

The best thing about Mercy being broken is that all the cries for kneejerk nerfs to Junkrat seem to have died off

:colbert:

I think he should be nerfed a tiny bit. He was fine where he was honestly, the second conc mine just made everyone already good with Junk Rat way better and started a wave of idiots slam picking him.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

KildarX posted:

:colbert:

I think he should be nerfed a tiny bit. He was fine where he was honestly, the second conc mine just made everyone already good with Junk Rat way better and started a wave of idiots slam picking him.

Slow down his ult charge ~10-15% and it's good.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Junkrat makes support positioning so much harder. I've been having trouble adapting to what should be safe vs where he can lob 2 consecutive mines or instatire or even just a lucky grenade bounce.

Maybe that's a good thing for the game. I dunno. I get really frustrated when they are good.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

double conc kicks rear end

i'd look towards slowing down his ult charge, i've had instances where he had his ult basically every team fight and boy howdy that was rough

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Not more than likely, guaranteed. Playing against a team with a Mercy while yours doesn't is, assuming equal skill levels, effectively like playing at a permanent numbers disadvantage. Even in a balanced match skillwise, nobody wants to play a perpetual 5v6 when they're the 5.

Clearly all the other supports need to be buffed so that they're equal to having an extra person too :colbert:

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Main Paineframe posted:

Clearly all the other supports need to be buffed so that they're equal to having an extra person too :colbert:

Ana's darts now pierce through people and get widow levels of headshot critical healing/damage.

Lucio's boop slams people into the wall like doomfist and his healing auras have an opposite effect on the enemy in terms of DOT/slow.

Zen's transcendence is now his E ability and his ult makes him grow huge pecs and his kick does 1000 damage on melee.

That would about even it up.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

turns out the counter to mercy in the current meta is prayer and abstinence

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
If you're going to Nerf Junkrat, conc mine to 90 damage, trap to 120 damage, and fix his projectiles.

Tire is fine, do not touch the tire you bastards, it's a nice soft counter to deathball.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tire needs buffed IMO

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

junkrat needs buffs

tire does not

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

junkrat needs buffs

tire does not

I would like the tire to have more health and also be fast thank you in advance blizzard

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

junkrat is honestly fine right now

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
sick of all these jokers tryna come at my boy Junkrat now that he's good and cool. leave him alone!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Macaluso posted:

I would like the tire to have more health and also be fast thank you in advance blizzard

Instead of a tire, Junkrat should launch an ulting Mercy he controls for the duration of Valkyrie.

At the end she explodes.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

uber_stoat posted:

sick of all these jokers tryna come at my boy Junkrat now that he's good and cool. leave him alone!

Gonna second this. He's in a good place, and actually playable in competitive (at least on some maps in which he excels).

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Semper Fudge posted:

Junkrat did get a slight "nerf" in that he no longer gets absurd speedboosts on his tire when jumping off a wall, which means that you can actually shoot the tire now, which was probably the most frustrating part about Junkrat. He could stand a slight ult charge reduction. He does still have a stupidly high winrate, but yes, Mercy is a much bigger problem than Junkrat. Junkrat is probably still too good, but like... not a crazy amount.

I did new winrate delta graphs for the past week or so. I don't really have time to go over them with a fine toothed comb or anything, but things that stand out are:

-D.Va's winrate is actually higher than it was previously.
-Ana's winrate is way down, and Lucio's winrate is a little suppressed too. This is unsurprising, since Ana is the de-facto replacement for Mercy (she's down like 3%).
-Widow is back to pre-buff performance. This also is unsurprising. Widow is really bad against new-mercy, since most of her impact is being able to reach out and delete a backline hero every once in a while, which Mercy can now instantly undo every 30 seconds.

Here's the newest graph:

embiggen

and here's the most recent one from the prior patch:

embiggen

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lmao at bastion in the new graph

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

yeah, nuMercy making Bastion more viable is the rotten cherry on top of the overall poo poo sundae

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no I'm laughing at the massive dropoff at the end

The Blue Caboose
May 20, 2007

jeff gerstmann hates fun

Manatee Cannon posted:

no I'm laughing at the massive dropoff at the end

Notably, Bastion's pickrate is so low that his stats are on the unreliable side of things. His amount of games played in GM over a given week is probably less than 100 or so.

But yeah, Bastion is the hottest garbage at GM.

Regardless, I totally thought this was the tryhard thread. Nevertheless, hello general thread, I hope you like graphs.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i do

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Blue Caboose posted:

Notably, Bastion's pickrate is so low that his stats are on the unreliable side of things. His amount of games played in GM over a given week is probably less than 100 or so.

But yeah, Bastion is the hottest garbage at GM.

Excuse me, I think noted Bastion main Harbleu would like a word with you.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
I thought Harbleu was a Pharah main?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Harbleu is an Overwatch main

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Harbleu is actually a Junkrat main.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

headcase posted:

Ana's darts now pierce through people and get widow levels of headshot critical healing/damage.

Lucio's boop slams people into the wall like doomfist and his healing auras have an opposite effect on the enemy in terms of DOT/slow.

Zen's transcendence is now his E ability and his ult makes him grow huge pecs and his kick does 1000 damage on melee.

That would about even it up.

All of these sound awesome

Do it Blizzard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I got a Mercy potg yesterday in a random hero match so I feel like I've done everything I can in this game now.