Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Joementum posted:

The Senate is currently voting on the confirmation of Makan Delrahim to lead the antitrust division of the justice department.

He is current deputy White House counsel. Prior to that he was a lobbyist for Comcast, Google, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Johnson & Johnson, and Ultimate Fighting Championship.

well, I'm sure he'll be a great advocate for consumers rigahahahahhahahahahaha i cant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

The Senate is currently voting on the confirmation of Makan Delrahim to lead the antitrust division of the justice department.

He is current deputy White House counsel. Prior to that he was a lobbyist for Comcast, Google, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, Johnson & Johnson, and Ultimate Fighting Championship.

He bad

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

galenanorth posted:

For a long time I asked "but how do they make money?" when reading anything about Twitter. Corporations have realized from Microsoft's "embrace, extend, extinguish" strategy that giving away a product for free and then starting to charge once you've secured market dominance is a viable strategy, and they seek to apply it to social media. When it comes time to start putting ads on the site, people aren't having any of it and they leave for a newer site, but investors haven't figured that out yet. It's a tulip craze where people are buying it because they think they can con bigger fools into buying it.

meanwhile investors don't care that the platform
1) is heavily used by literal nazis
2) has enabled a fascist surge in liberal democratic nations all over the globe
3) could literally cause nuclear war at a moment's notice

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Nichael posted:

meanwhile investors don't care that the platform
1) is heavily used by literal nazis
2) has enabled a fascist surge in liberal democratic nations all over the globe
3) could literally cause nuclear war at a moment's notice

4) doesn't and never will generate a profit

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

brugroffil posted:

I think it was Taibbi who said something like "the GOP can survive Trump losing, but they can't survive Trump winning"

the only catch is that none of us will survive

taibbi's full of poo poo though. they can thrive off of donny winning, even if the old Strange guard is replace with Moore nazis

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

that's an expensive grill

Gotta spend that money if you want a good grill

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The most powerful man in the world, killer mike, uses twitter and it still cant make money

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Reality Winner posted:

The most powerful man in the world, killer mike, uses twitter and it still cant make money

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Twitter doesn't even have the glimmer of a way to maybe turn a profit lol

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Trump could call for the systematic slaughter of black people on Twitter and they still wouldn't ban his account. It will literally never happen

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Joementum posted:

loving lol

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Typo posted:

the actual tax rate which makes corporations leave is actually really high

this is the important point that needs to be brought up whenever corporate rates are discussed

the correct way to deal with offshoring profits is to rewrite the tax code to eliminate the possibility, not a race to the bottom on the corp tax rate

corps aren't going to stop doing business anywhere just because the local taxes are high, anymore than the rich are going to stop investing, and in fact a higher tax rate would result in more investment, since to make a million a year at a 35% rate takes 1.23 times as much profit as making a million a year at a 20% rate

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jose posted:

Broil king keg 2000 + cover + gloves

cool lookin grill

looks like some reviewers are saying its got a nasty rust problem after a few years tho, which would make me leery

i've never had a grill that style but i know the green egg gets a lot of good hype, and its Large size seems super comparable and a bit cheaper

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
https://twitter.com/vanessa_murphy/status/913101217584209925

lmfao

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

PostNouveau posted:

Listening to Preet Bahara's podcast, and :lol: he might have been fired because he didn't return a call to Trump.

He got swept out with all the Obama appointees, but Trump had personally asked him to stay on after the election. As president-elect, Trump called him a couple of times just to shoot the poo poo. After the inauguration, he tried to call again, and Bahara told him it wasn't appropriate because of guidelines about contact. The next day Bahara got a call asking for a letter of resignation.

there was a pretty big case involving iirc money laundering and some russian oligarch. once preet was fired that case disappeared

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

who dat

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol

https://twitter.com/payoletter/status/912797894457032705

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Rename Jose Grill Mitchell vii

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

mormonpartyboat posted:

cool lookin grill

looks like some reviewers are saying its got a nasty rust problem after a few years tho, which would make me leery

i've never had a grill that style but i know the green egg gets a lot of good hype, and its Large size seems super comparable and a bit cheaper

I've not seen it anywhere close to the price here also it's ceramic so can break if knocked over

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

http://twitter.com/NO_BOOT_DEVICE/status/913138336025518080

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Epic High Five posted:

Can't wait for Trump to call Putin to apologize that all those people had to be killed by them

cant wait for little green men to start popping up to "protect us"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:toot: :peanut: :20bux:

https://twitter.com/SenatePress/status/913154520787689475

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Agrajag posted:

cant wait for little green men to start popping up to "protect us"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Bitchells take is that trumo endorsed strange as a fig leaf to the establishment and get support for tax reform and because he knew moore would win all along and this was strategy

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ohh lorday that is someone who definitely never skips everday leg day.

drat who turned up the heat?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Anyone in the dems who voted for Delrahim should be primaried

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

cool lookin grill

rust is just another kind of seasoning

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I'm sure hearing "you're too stupid to defend yourself" does wonders for the ego...though he's probably too stupid to realize why his request was denied, so

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Name and shame those dems

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

:eyepop:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Nichael posted:

I don't know about that. The ultra rich are like... really loving rich now.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Reality Winner posted:

Name and shame those dems

https://twitter.com/SenatePress/status/913155468935270402
https://twitter.com/SenatePress/status/913155717066084359

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i'm the armed guards at the top who decide to kill the wasteful and useless rich families below me

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sure it looks safe, but what happens if the t-virus ever escapes containment

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/DmidPzN.gifv

there he goes

the absolute boy :unsmith:

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

it really does say something booker is smart enough to realize the way the wing is blowing but others in the party still can't lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Jose posted:

I've not seen it anywhere close to the price here also it's ceramic so can break if knocked over

aha

well either way im a loving idiot so my advice is to have good luck!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

• Locked thread