Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Waffleman_ posted:

No way. Considering the diametrically opposed nature of the teams, there's no way they're not in the same series. This is new ground for Sentai, I think. Rider's had Rider vs Rider stuff for a while, but there's never been Sentai vs Sentai.

Well there was the Hurricanger vs Gouraiger stuff in that series but that only lasted a couple episodes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Please let them have good mecha this year

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm so glad Naga got to keep the Metal power-up, even if it got lamer in its good form. And I'm glad Naga is back and everyone was so happy about it. Naga and Balance are still the best parts of the series.

10/10 episode, restored my faith in Kyuranger after two bad ones. Give me more Naga and Balance, forever.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

That's what I was expecting, too.

I was actually expecting part of a spaceship.

SpazmasterX posted:

Please let them have good mecha this year

Well the next series isn't going to be adapted by Saban so they don't have to deal with having a design that fits with the Zord Builder system.

Edit: Finished Kyu 31. Naga is still a good boy and deserves his upgrade. The series still feels terribly underwhelming unfortunately.

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 26, 2017

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Oda Eiichiro’s art style is spreading.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what

is the context for that

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

She's using the Hercules(?) Kyutama to beef up and turn the heck out of a valve. The 'power' was represented as her body inflating so theres a split second shot of that as it moves from her middle to her arms. Thankfully it's only on screen briefly, but nonetheless they knew what they were doing.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm so glad Naga got to keep the Metal power-up, even if it got lamer in its good form.

Yeah that was actually pretty awesome. Since he doesn't really qualify as a Sixth Ranger, this is the first Sentai I can think of where a non-Red/non-Sixth character gets a unique power up form.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah that was actually pretty awesome. Since he doesn't really qualify as a Sixth Ranger, this is the first Sentai I can think of where a non-Red/non-Sixth character gets a unique power up form.

If I recall properly one of the 80's Sentai had it's Black Ranger get a unique powerup, although it was only used as part of a finisher

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Meanwhile, the actual Sixth Ranger is a Red Ranger and the Red Ranger is a White Ranger.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Caphi posted:

Meanwhile, the actual Sixth Ranger is a Red Ranger and the Red Ranger is a White Ranger.

I feel there's a Big One joke that can be made here

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

MachuPikacchu posted:

"Pato" is "duck" in Spanish.

I know it's supposed to be a pun on Patrol+Ranger but I can't see it as anything other than Duckranger.

We've got it all wrong, it's actually Duckranger vs Wolfranger.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Blaze Dragon posted:

poo poo taste, where is the best husbando and sexiest Game Master?

Which episode is this? I need to screencap and add it to my rotating desktop backgrounds.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Dan Kuroto DEUS is definitely second only to Gentaro for my favorite toku character.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TenCentFang posted:

We've got it all wrong, it's actually Duckranger vs Wolfranger.

a rivalry as old as time itself

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Ducktales: The Sentai.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis

V-Men posted:

Which episode is this? I need to screencap and add it to my rotating desktop backgrounds.

Lead-up to Hyper Muteki, look between 33-35 IIRC

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the more i think about it, the less sense build makes. for example, what does faust even want with smash? they can't seem to control them, they haven't had any particular expectation that they could beat build, and presumably misora is indeed the only one who can create bottles. it'd work if they were using build to produce bottles in a very roundabout way, but then night rogue suddenly wanted sento dead.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
it seems they don't specifically want Smash, they want to see the effects of Smash Gas on normal people; NightRouge was talking very much about things like 'we're here to test things, we're scientists'.

They're testing the Gas for something but it's not clear what yet, that's the entire reason we had a single person be two smashes; they wanted to see what happened when you give someone two doses.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also it's likely that if they can get the right combinations together on both of the plaques they will have unlocked some kind of great power

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Burkion posted:

Also it's likely that if they can get the right combinations together on both of the plaques they will have unlocked some kind of great power

but then why let the smash run around? if faust can make bottles, then they could beat up the smash themselves. if only misora can make bottles, then why try to kill build who is the one delivering the incomplete bottles to her?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the more i think about it, the less sense build makes. for example, what does faust even want with smash? they can't seem to control them, they haven't had any particular expectation that they could beat build, and presumably misora is indeed the only one who can create bottles. it'd work if they were using build to produce bottles in a very roundabout way, but then night rogue suddenly wanted sento dead.

Didn't they say they were trying to make the strongest organism or something?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

but then why let the smash run around? if faust can make bottles, then they could beat up the smash themselves. if only misora can make bottles, then why try to kill build who is the one delivering the incomplete bottles to her?

When did Night Rogue et al try to kill Build? The most Night Rogue himself done was slap around Build before running off, if I remember correctly.

And when the Snake Rider (Blood Stark?) poisoned Sento, they could have easily killed him while he was out, but they didn't, though if Boss is Blood Stark then that is about more complicated

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

When did Night Rogue et al try to kill Build? The most Night Rogue himself done was slap around Build before running off, if I remember correctly.

And when the Snake Rider (Blood Stark?) poisoned Sento, they could have easily killed him while he was out, but they didn't, though if Boss is Blood Stark then that is about more complicated

"why didn't you finish him" seems pretty clear. rogue wants build dead, but stark does not.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

a rivalry as old as time itself
Duck Sentai is being paired off with Rabbit Kamen Rider, what an age we live in.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lupin, not Lapin. Wolf.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Arseneger would've been too on the nose.

TenCentFang
Sep 5, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I rag on Super Sentai a lot for how excessively childish it is, because even as a child I would have found it insultingly pre-school, but Kamen Rider Build is amazing to me in how much it goes for real drama even with the utter ridiculousness inherent to the genre. Just the way it's shot is so wildly different. It feels like the difference between Steven Universe and Bear In The Big Blue House.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Ultraman is taking nobody's poo poo this year.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Ganbarizing confirms the right romanization for cobraman is Blood Stalk, rather than Stark as was expected. It makes sense, he fights hidden and from a distance, he stalks his prey.

Also Ex-Aid Double Fighter Gamer is level 39, a level never used before and a really odd number to choose. Even moreso since it means that Knockout Fighter's sequel is weaker than Knockout Fighter itself.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
Does Blood Stalk have some kind of double meaning similar to Night Rogue > Nitro that I'm missing?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eponymous posted:

Does Blood Stalk have some kind of double meaning similar to Night Rogue > Nitro that I'm missing?

Booster?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Eponymous posted:

It would be Buradosutooku in kana, the only thing I can see would be dosu->Dose for the gassings maybe?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Craptacular! posted:

Now I'm wondering if that costume piece was supposed to come off or not and whether the suit actor just decided to roll with it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

V-Men posted:

Now I'm wondering if that costume piece was supposed to come off or not and whether the suit actor just decided to roll with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwHY5z6DUc

Fun fact, Jirass' suit is just straight up two different Godzilla suits put together. It is the body suit from Mothra VS Godzilla 1964 and the head from Godzilla VS The Sea Monster 1966

That's why he has the giant frill, to cover that up a bit better.

Toho allowed the use of Godzilla like this out of respect for Tsuburaya due to him basically making their movies possible and because the suit was technically his.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Craptacular! posted:

Geed tries his hardest but deep down inside, he's his father's son

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm taking this with a grain of salt for now, buuut...

https://www.facebook.com/kamenridernews/photos/a.10151311270888983.476273.115263718982/10155188916288983/?type=3&theater

quote:

Keisatsu Sentai Patoranger and Kaito Sentai Lupinranger

according to some rumors, both Keisatsu Sentai Patoranger and Kaito Sentai Lupinranger will be a part of the 42nd season, it will be two storylines taking place in the same world and both team will alternate each week, with stories still connected and intersect with the other.

By its mid season the shows will eventually merge as one, forming one cohesive story.

Patoranger and Lupinranger will also have separate toy lines until the merge, and once the merging happens the new toys will be able to combine and interact. The release a third wave when the shows become one.

Another interesting note, is that one of the Rangers of Lupinranger being a spy for Patoranger ! And will bounce between both shows. That will give both sides a basis in story continuity, and may will be the reasons for the story and teams to merge.

This could be one of the coolest seasons of Super Sentai !!

It seems plausible, and if this is what the new show does end up being like, it could make for a pretty interesting season.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You'll never see it coming.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
If the immediate consequence of SHT getting pushed into a competitive time slot is that Sentai and Rider start producing really compelling shows, I'm ok with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RCuwx3sNPs

Ganbarizing sure was nice to these three, I love their finishers here.