Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/PostOpinions/status/913178445915590656

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwCRduFEMI0

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

what if i want appropriate action to run rampant on cops

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Rubio getting get woke af

Narrator: He wasn't.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

Lastgirl posted:

because its there

you might as well just unplug yer computer and just not do anything ever just because things "lessen"

the point is accountability. If it occurs, there are supposed to be appropriate action in response, instead of being rampant.

What

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

:drat:

also: thank you!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

well yeah, the island's been flattened, not much else to do but jack off

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

this could've been written in the 90s

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Weeping Wound posted:

TRUMP THREAD QUESTION: where the hell did Axios come from? it feels like it popped onto the scene from nowhere and now is something people yell about on MSNBC

something that... verrit... would have liked to have done...

it's a startup founded by a bunch of politico people in 2016

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

uh

since they Americans .. they uh

what

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Atoramos posted:

Rubio getting get woke af

Narrator: He wasn't.

PR refugees in FL flip his senate seat so he has a very personal worry about making sure the savages stay in their colony.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

redneck nazgul posted:

what if i want appropriate action to run rampant on cops

If it's gotten to that point, go fer it

Human error happens, things will happen. Just because you are occupied with what's going to happen in the future, instead of dealing with now doesn't cheapen what they are trying to do. Just look at any civil rights issues in the past

its called vigilance.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

euphronius posted:

uh

what

mass emigration from the island fucks those too poor to leave :milk:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

[quote="“Shugojin”" post="“476833382”"]
once i got a speeding ticket and i actually got out of the car and approached the cop car and asked him a question

i realized later that if i were black i would be Extremely loving Dead for that

and that was my personal “understanding white privilege” moment
[/quote]

:same:

I was also wearing a black leather trench coat in a post Columbine world.

In my defense, the cop was taking forever.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Agrajag posted:

because dark chocolate tastes bad

the same people that don't like the flavor of dark chocolate are also huge pussies when it comes to what they put into their coffee.

"I'll just drown out the caffeine with an intense amount of dairy, sugar and syrup aaaaaaand... ah that's teh stuff, nothing like a cup of joe in the morning"

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

It's going to be really interesting to see what Puerto Rico looks like in two years. This exodus may be permanent.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

euphronius posted:

uh

what

the headline is really lovely

they mean puerto ricans leaving the island hurts puerto rico because no one who can work wants to live there

it's been a problem for a while — population in puerto rico is ~3.5 mil, puerto ricans who are living in the states are at 5+ mil

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Schnorkles posted:

arcanum and alpha protocol are basically the two games i wish would get sequels or reimaginings or w/e and they never will alas

TIE Fighter.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
my car won't start and there's no way i can afford to get it fixed right now

all pops in this post gain 2 consciousness. all pops in this post gain 3 militancy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kaleedity posted:

the headline is really lovely

they mean puerto ricans leaving the island hurts puerto rico because no one who can work wants to live there

it's been a problem for a while — population in puerto rico is ~3.5 mil, puerto ricans who are living in the states are at 5+ mil

yeah that's what I was thinking

They already left mostly .

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone warn the Jets!

And prepare yourselves for a lot of dance fighting!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
lol if you don't wake up to a fresh mug of hot piss in the morning

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

NofrikinfuN posted:

:same:

I was also wearing a black leather trench coat in a post Columbine world.

In my defense, the cop was taking forever.

how the gently caress do you get out of your car without the pigs telling you to :thunk:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

Lastgirl posted:

If it's gotten to that point, go fer it

Human error happens, things will happen. Just because you are occupied with what's going to happen in the future, instead of dealing with now doesn't cheapen what they are trying to do. Just look at any civil rights issues in the past

its called vigilance.

What on Earth are you on about

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Flavius Belisarius posted:

my car won't start and there's no way i can afford to get it fixed right now

all pops in this post gain 2 consciousness. all pops in this post gain 3 militancy

It could just be a battery problem which might not cost all that much money. Although they have made batteries for newer cars way more expensive than they used to be.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

how the gently caress do you get out of your car without the pigs telling you to :thunk:

be cool, don't wear a seatbelt, leave via windshield

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Louisgod posted:

the same people that don't like the flavor of dark chocolate are also huge pussies when it comes to what they put into their coffee.

"I'll just drown out the caffeine with an intense amount of dairy, sugar and syrup aaaaaaand... ah that's teh stuff, nothing like a cup of joe in the morning"

When I first started working in an office and drinking coffee because it was there I used to load it with cream and sugar.
Then one day this older lady said very bluntly to me "UFO, you don't like coffee you like ice cream".

I took that a challenge. Black is the way to go for me now.
Just realized she super owned me.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Annual Prophet posted:

we can replace real estate

but nothing can replace the returns on my fixed income securites

save perhaps for debt peonage

it owns that the bondholders were calling legislation that would allow puerto rico to declare bankrupcy a "bailout"

quote:

The bill was “nothing but a backdoor, taxpayer-funded bailout for Puerto Rico,” Jenny Beth Martin, the national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots, wrote in a March letter to the House Judiciary Committee. (Asked in an interview to identify the taxpayer funds at risk in the bill, Ms. Martin said, “I don’t know that I can answer that.” She added: “It’s more bailouts for bad decisions, expecting us to help take care of things that we should not be responsible for.”)

while legislation that would simply hand over federal money would be a "response to the island's humanitarian needs"

quote:

A little more than a week later, Mr. Hatch blocked an effort to bring Mr. Pierluisi’s bankruptcy legislation to a vote. He soon offered his own proposal: To respond to the island’s humanitarian needs, Congress would provide $3 billion to Puerto Rico if it submitted to federal financial oversight

everyone with a net worth over about $100 million should be processed into a sterile, nutritious paste suitable for feeding to farm animals imo

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/913184600888881152

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the intro for the intercepted podcast this week (the intros alone are worth downloading the podcast to hear) is trump talking to the guys from Office Space about how he spends his time at the office

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Why do people respond with to pisstape news with 'this won't impeach him!!'

Like,poster, I know. It's about the pisstape. It's about pissing on a bed Obama slept on and that the Pres of the USA paid to watch people do it.

It will be the stream that breaks the brains so hard.

Nobody cares about impeachment

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

He's not wrong

:chaostrump:

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Hell, I didn't know the protocol. Like I said, the dude was being obscenely slow. Also "Ohmigosh I'm gonna get a ticket!" panic.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Thatim posted:

Like,poster, I know. It's about the pisstape. It's about pissing on a bed Obama slept on and that the Pres of the USA paid to watch people do it.

No brain will be left unbroken.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

TMMadman posted:

It could just be a battery problem which might not cost all that much money. Although they have made batteries for newer cars way more expensive than they used to be.

it's a weird problem. the battery is fine but it won't start and the lights don't work. i'm not sure how to narrow down connection issues outside of just cleaning the terminals, which i've done.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

I have no idea what the end game is here for anyone or when it comes.

Police brutality is not going away even if it lessens, and there's not a single police entity to make a deal or agreement or symbolic gesture with. So when do they stop kneeling?

The chuds will be back in two weeks because their lives are empty and meaningless.

i honestly can't predict which way this'll play out

the chuds are loud but not that numerous

but they are stupid proud and i don't think they'll cave in

i suspect some sort of gently caress all of you compromise will probably arise but i don't know what form it could take

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

there are banks and temples in Cookie Clicker

the cookie-themed Skinner box has been irreparably tainted by the gilded hand of Mammon <:gonk:>

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Thatim posted:

you're implying the trump wasn't paid via pisstape related activities?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

When I first started working in an office and drinking coffee because it was there I used to load it with cream and sugar.
Then one day this older lady said very bluntly to me "UFO, you don't like coffee you like ice cream".

I took that a challenge. Black is the way to go for me now.
Just realized she super owned me.

my dad quit smoking when my sister was born

he replaced cigarettes with 10-12 cups of black coffee a day

• Locked thread