Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Echophonic posted:

Final Harbinger is a fun as heck stance, Nyx shenanigans aside.

Final Harbinger is the best stance in the game and Tyl Regor is my favorite boss fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

FunkyFjord posted:

A team built specifically for melee damage can laugh all the way through the sortie, assuming all of the sortie actually lets them use melee.

Or doesn't end with a Raptor Assassination.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I honestly avoid sorties with an Assassinate in it. There was a elemental enhancement Vay Hek Terra Frame the other day and I just skipped the whole thing.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Vay Hek is just super annoying in general. A well-built Mesa will trivialize certain flavors of assassination, because her single-target DPS is absurd.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On the topic, a friend of mine and I were talking about it and there's actually quite a bit of good status resistance available now. Safeguard augmented Warding Halo on Nezha, Oberon's Hallowed Ground, Trinity's Link, Titania's Spellbind, and Icy Avalanche augmented Frost (his and my personal favorite and powerful in general) are all very effective ways to neuter the worst parts of the Vay Hek and Hyena Pack fights.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Final Harbinger along with being the most awesome stance also multiplies the damage of your moves by a large amount for most strikes in its combos. I wanna say some chains of swings have a 500% damage boost on each strike. You can really see the damage difference between having the ack & brunt in quick melee vs having it in your hand.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

FunkyFjord posted:

A team built specifically for melee damage can laugh all the way through the sortie, assuming all of the sortie actually lets them use melee.

This is true. We were doing a radiation hazard sortie once and Fjord one-shot me with a melee finisher. Laughs were had.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Echophonic posted:

On the topic, a friend of mine and I were talking about it and there's actually quite a bit of good status resistance available now. Safeguard augmented Warding Halo on Nezha, Oberon's Hallowed Ground, Trinity's Link, Titania's Spellbind, and Icy Avalanche augmented Frost (his and my personal favorite and powerful in general) are all very effective ways to neuter the worst parts of the Vay Hek and Hyena Pack fights.

Don't forget Inaros with the Swarm augment.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elysiume posted:

Vay Hek is just super annoying in general. A well-built Mesa will trivialize certain flavors of assassination, because her single-target DPS is absurd.
This is not one of them to be clear, Ambulas sortie can gently caress off

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Elysiume posted:

This is not one of them to be clear, Ambulas sortie can gently caress off

I had to try that loving mission line 5 times. I finally just said gently caress it and brought my forma-ed to hell chroma.

It turns out with a 6x damage bonus you can one shot ambulas if you hit the rear panel with a plasmor.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Yeah, it was getting to the point where my nezha was getting his warding halo chewed through almost instantly after the invuln wore off. gently caress ambulas assassination sorties.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
They were dying quickly enough, but I was getting torn apart, and my squad was having trouble securing the ambulasses (ambuli?). Didn't have the time to try it again, so I'm leaving this sortie 2/3rds done.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 27, 2017

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

182.9% crit chance, 6.5x multiplier with Point Strike/Vital Sense. :getin:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Yapping Eevee posted:

182.9% crit chance, 6.5x multiplier with Point Strike/Vital Sense. :getin:

congrats on the thousands of plat you are now sitting on.

Problem with ambulas assassination is the dropship. It is constantly firing down at you and that poo poo REALLY hurts. Squishy frames are instantly downed.

Octavia is great for ambulas though. Her mallet distracts the ship, mostly, as long as its set up on top a crate and no one else is closer. It also prevents most corpus from getting onto the platform at all, she has a large damage boost, and you should be invisible the whole time as well.

Last night I tried to help some people after doing the sortie myself. During my own run my plasmor was killing ambulas in 3-4 shots. Then when I went back again it was barely scratching it. My only guess was lack of corrosive projection (2 rather than 3 or maybe 4. I didn't check the first time), but he had armor on my own playthrough.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.
Ugh, the riven I'm currently sitting on requires getting the last shot on 2 sentients with an assault rifle while sliding or wall running, I can't remember which, and I feel like I can't be arsed to do it, but I wonder if someone here knows a way to goof it.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Sarcastastic posted:

Ugh, the riven I'm currently sitting on requires getting the last shot on 2 sentients with an assault rifle while sliding or wall running, I can't remember which, and I feel like I can't be arsed to do it, but I wonder if someone here knows a way to goof it.

Does Rhino's stomp freeze sentients like it does everything else? That might help with keeping them still and iron skin to keep you alive from their lasers.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Using Loki with a silenced assault rifle should give you plenty of breathing room. I had to unlock a similar riven a while ago.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm really starting to love Ivara even though she was gathering dust for a long time. My grind wasn't too bad for her because I got all of her parts trying to get spy mods.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Moatman posted:

Yeah, it was getting to the point where my nezha was getting his warding halo chewed through almost instantly after the invuln wore off. gently caress ambulas assassination sorties.

I just took mesa and blew them away.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Sarcastastic posted:

I do all the kill sentient challenges in the 2nd(?) Octavia quest mission. They're weak so it's pretty easy to kill them however you need to, then abort once you've unlocked the riven so it's always available for your future rivens.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Reminder that you can use Limbo to freeze time, line up a bunch of shots, and then just release Stasis while you aimglide/wallcling for easy rivens.

Pretty great watching an entire Opticor clip tear through something all at once.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You can also murder them pretty handily with excal or valkyr, the kills don't have to be with the weapon unless this is a condition I've never encountered.

Some weirdo is selling 89 rivens. So much plat burned on slots.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Sep 27, 2017

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Speaking of rivens, currently looking for a zenistar riven, either unrolled or a 2/1 one with range and dmg/status chance/attack speed with a negative that doesn't matter.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Saryn has quickly become my favorite frame but Regenerative Molt has really spoiled me on health regeneration. I am still pretty new, how are you supposed to play frames without regeneration apart from bringing healing squadmates or items?

It’s not helping that the Health globe drop rates are what they are.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I like furis, but some people use life strike. Most of the time though, I just go without and rely on Shields.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Electrophotonic posted:

Saryn has quickly become my favorite frame but Regenerative Molt has really spoiled me on health regeneration. I am still pretty new, how are you supposed to play frames without regeneration apart from bringing healing squadmates or items?

I rely on shields and use the sentinel shield regen mod. At high levels I avoid using non-tanky frames and if I am using one like vauban, I stay in line of sight of non-CCed enemies for as little time as possible.

FWIW health orbs are bugged--almost nothing drops them except from desecrate right now. Steve straight up recognized this on a livestream. That was months ago. DE is garbage.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Electrophotonic posted:

Lifestrike, Hirudo (melee with health return on critical hits), and Mediray on Carrier.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
How would you go about building an exalted blade Excalibur for loving around?

Additionally, how do I build and use Harrow for maximum fun and self-flagellation, as his aesthetic is everything I want.

Electrophotonic
Mar 14, 2010

They're gonna stop
Saturday night
So you better have fun now
I PREDICT

Can’t believe I forgot about Life Strike! I’ll put it on everything I guess.
Also really disheartening to hear about the health globe situation, but it seems the running joke is that the devs don’t play their own game?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Nalesh posted:

Speaking of rivens, currently looking for a zenistar riven, either unrolled or a 2/1 one with range and dmg/status chance/attack speed with a negative that doesn't matter.

I have an unrolled Zenistar Riven, assuming you are on PC.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Even if they spawned at the same rate as energy globes aren't hp globes only 25 hp and not scaling to a % of total hp or something else that would make it more reasonable? In lower levels those 25 hp pick ups can be meaningful but by the 20+ level range that's kinda worthless since with the exception of the shieldless frames it's usually full hp or 1 or 2 shots from death and 25 hp wouldn't help.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I carry energy and health pizzas with me if I get really bothered but I tend to use frames that are toward the extreme end of defensive and offensive powers (can't get hurt if your ember kills everything first) so I generally don't lose more than a handful of red health during a mission. Even then, the mission is usually over quickly enough that it doesn't really matter.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Infected posted:

I have an unrolled Zenistar Riven, assuming you are on PC.

That I am, ign is Crimor and I'm Nalesh on the discord, ping me when ya get on. What's your ign?

Also looking for vulkar rivens.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 28, 2017

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Electrophotonic posted:

Same.

I default to using the Hirudo on most missions, but life strike and the sentinel mods people have mentioned are really handy when you don't have other life regen.

Fridurmus posted:

Additionally, how do I build and use Harrow for maximum fun and self-flagellation, as his aesthetic is everything I want.

My Harrow is pretty basic but it works really well in my experience. I've seen people laugh at duration builds for Harrow but having ~140% duration seems pretty nice to me, allows me to stack basically all his buffs at once for a while and easy lets me keep his 2 stacked with itself to have over a minute of up time. Just a little bit of power and efficiency go a long way, with a little bit more efficiency and strength.

You just chain everything and sacrifice your shields for buffs, try to keep your 3 going so you're always regening or at max energy, pop your 4 whenever people are taking damage, and again use 1 to chain everything whenever there is a group in front of you. Generally I cast my 3 near the beginning of a match, as soon as I even see enemies, and just use all my energy to get ~10 energy per kill.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Mangoose posted:

This is true. We were doing a radiation hazard sortie once and Fjord one-shot me with a melee finisher. Laughs were had.

See, incredibly effective.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Uh Zenistar Rivens are worth a shitload so I hope you're space rich or getting something good in return

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

FunkyFjord posted:

My Harrow is pretty basic but it works really well in my experience. I've seen people laugh at duration builds for Harrow but having ~140% duration seems pretty nice to me, allows me to stack basically all his buffs at once for a while and easy lets me keep his 2 stacked with itself to have over a minute of up time. Just a little bit of power and efficiency go a long way, with a little bit more efficiency and strength.

I use Harrow to get laughs out of already good but slow weapons. Zarr is a hoot with his enhanced reload speed and I'm considering taking Opticor along next to see how they interact. I, too, throw more duration on him cause I get tired of recasting and just want to shoot mans.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

FunkyFjord posted:

Same.

I default to using the Hirudo on most missions, but life strike and the sentinel mods people have mentioned are really handy when you don't have other life regen.

You just chain everything and sacrifice your shields for buffs, try to keep your 3 going so you're always regening or at max energy, pop your 4 whenever people are taking damage, and again use 1 to chain everything whenever there is a group in front of you. Generally I cast my 3 near the beginning of a match, as soon as I even see enemies, and just use all my energy to get ~10 energy per kill.

I run about 115% duration and focused the rest on Strength to maximize Thurible and the other buffs. Natural Talent is an awesome pick for Harrow, unsurprisingly. It makes all of his buffs a lot more clutch and lets you throw a ton of energy into Thurible very quickly. I also run Quick Thinking to decent effect. I'm still learning how to really use it properly, so I drop a lot.

Edit: Here's my current one. It needs a few tweaks, obviously, but the core seems to be good.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Sep 28, 2017

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Fridurmus posted:

How would you go about building an exalted blade Excalibur for loving around?

http://warframe-builder.com/Warfram...5-9_0/en/1-0-55

This is my build and has worked perfectly up even in sorties. Natural Talent is great on him because of the super long animations, but you can just use whatever really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/849327-plains-of-eidolon-sniper-review/

Sniper changes coming with the plains. Less zoom, no sway, easier to use combo system closer to the new pistol, innate punch through, and more!