Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Psychotic Weasel posted:

There's also the cat monkey running around.

I suspect BJs death was from taking a grenade to the face at the end of TNO and not from the attack on the sub, where he seems to be recovering at that point and is able to wheel himself around. Whatever's done to resurrect him happens in the month's between the games.

Does make me wonder what happened to the suit's previous occupant though.

true, but we see him without the neck thing in the sub and in roswell. he is in the vader suit then,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Ah, I haven't watched the gameplay videos as I want to experience it myself first but it seems a lot goes on between the intro and the first level.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

true, but we see him without the neck thing in the sub and in roswell. he is in the vader suit then,

theory: there's a break point near the beginning of the game like in NO, where you have to choose which character dies, but there are larger gameplay ramifications than last time. we know that you get one of two different weapons depending on your choice, but what if it determines whether you utilize the power armor or you get the head transplant and some other stuff with that.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

uber_stoat posted:

theory: there's a break point near the beginning of the game like in NO, where you have to choose which character dies, but there are larger gameplay ramifications than last time. we know that you get one of two different weapons depending on your choice, but what if it determines whether you utilize the power armor or you get the head transplant and some other stuff with that.

yeah, that sounds about right.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

uber_stoat posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, that sounds about right.

Regarding mechanical differences: The power armor probably means you have more armor and other special abilities, but less health while the body transplant will let you play more like TNO. Although even if BJ is using the armor he's suffering from kidney failure so he's going to have to get a transplant. Maybe you get to cut out Hitler's.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I don't know if I'd want that...

Instead the main difference is that you have to run around with one hand always pulling a dialysis machine so you don't puke your organs out while trying to liberate America.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

White Coke posted:

Regarding mechanical differences: The power armor probably means you have more armor and other special abilities, but less health while the body transplant will let you play more like TNO. Although even if BJ is using the armor he's suffering from kidney failure so he's going to have to get a transplant. Maybe you get to cut out Hitler's.

yeah. having watched the new gameplay. they definatly made it more DOOM 2016 like. which is great thing. i loved the gameplay alot in new order but doom blew it out of the water. so DOOM with some ironsights/tactics is fine by me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm going to assume that the Fergus/Wyatt split will either be addressed by a save import, or by an unlockable. Unless they want to do two sadistic choices at the start, one being a flashback.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm going to assume that the Fergus/Wyatt split will either be addressed by a save import, or by an unlockable. Unless they want to do two sadistic choices at the start, one being a flashback.

they have said you pick at the beginning.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I stopped watching the videos to avoid knowing more. Can't fuckin' wait for this poo poo. I haven't anticipated a game so much in a while. It comes out in a couple weeks right?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Grand Fromage posted:

I stopped watching the videos to avoid knowing more. Can't fuckin' wait for this poo poo. I haven't anticipated a game so much in a while. It comes out in a couple weeks right?

end of October, the 27th.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

uber_stoat posted:

end of October, the 27th.

Fuuck I thought it was earlier than that. That's like two more weeks where I'm not murdering any Nazis.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Grand Fromage posted:

Fuuck I thought it was earlier than that. That's like two more weeks where I'm not murdering any Nazis.

Hey, in a couple weeks Shadow of War will be coming out. Murdering Orcs should at least whet your Nazi-murder appetite.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

yeah, but new mordor comes out the 10th and mario game and asssassins creed egypt come out same day as wolfenstein. also you can still pre order the collectors edition of new colossus

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

None of these are games I've heard of and they don't involve Nazis.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

None of these are games I've heard of and they don't involve Nazis.

the rogue trooper remake has space nazis.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
poo poo, this is out the 27th? That's directly conflicting with the Destiny PC launch and my budget only allows for one :smith:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Well, I'm on the fuckin' moon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dapper_Swindler posted:

What Rogue Trooper remake? The game from the original Xbox?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I am slightly worried by the HaHaGuYsUcAnToTeSkIlLnAzIs stuff. Like, whenever a game goes heavy on the "hey guys you can" it ends up being a shart like Saint's Row 3 or Mafia 3.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Xenomrph posted:

Rogue Trooper Redux, it would appear.

Regarding the ample amounts of pre-release video and content--I appreciate that they're not shying away from the marketing and information on this, but I have to agree with a few other goons: I think I'm better off waiting until the game releases, so I can experience things firsthand without knowing much in advance. Will I kill Nazis? Will there even be Nazis? Who knows, but I'm wanting it to be a surprise regardless!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

yes.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Disgusting Coward posted:

I am slightly worried by the HaHaGuYsUcAnToTeSkIlLnAzIs stuff. Like, whenever a game goes heavy on the "hey guys you can" it ends up being a shart like Saint's Row 3 or Mafia 3.

...this is Wolfenstein. If there ever was a game series where you are guaranteed a load of Nazi killing, it's this one.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

uh slaughtering fascists isn't really some wacky gimmick like a dildo bat

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Have you played or seen the previous 2 Wolfenstein games, The New Order and The Old Blood? Yeah, you can and will kill nazis in many gloriously gory ways, but it's actually got really good writing that actually puts thought and care into it's setting and characters without just going for the cheap and shallow route that something like Call of Duty might do where it's just "nazis are bad" without going any further. Machine Games knows what they're doing.

And plus it's loving Wolfenstein. This series has been about killing nazis since day 1.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

People in this thread are talking about how they don't want to be spoiled on anymore details from the game, and here you are and you don't even know about any of the Wolfenstein games. I wish I could go into this game as blind as you, it'd be so beautiful.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Seriously, I think we just got trolled. How could anyone know about Wolfenstein yet NOT know that it's a Nazi Killing Simulator, and has been since 1981?

EDIT: In case you really didn't know about Wolfenstein, and have an hour 15 minutes to spare, this video can enlighten you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzu0AoUxFhk

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they have said you pick at the beginning.

Who the gently caress would pick Wyatt? I only went back and picked him for completion. I love Fergus during TNO prison escape 'where the gently caress do you think you're going?!? Oh you're flanking them, carry on!' :allears:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Fergus supremacy.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
I thought that too until I realised Wyatt lets you get sassed out by Jimi Hendrix.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I'm curious about some of the loading splash screens when you die still featuring Deathshead If they brought him back in the same fashion as the Joker in Arkham Knight I can't say I'd complain. :spooky:
Regarding BJ's collar: his skin definitely looks darker underneath regardless of lighting in each scene. I guess that theory of him getting an artificial body might end up being true.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, any option that leads to Jimi Hendrix is by default the best option. Especially if he gives you drugs and opens your mind to the awesome majesty of creation.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

GUI posted:

I'm curious about some of the loading splash screens when you die still featuring Deathshead If they brought him back in the same fashion as the Joker in Arkham Knight I can't say I'd complain. :spooky:
Regarding BJ's collar: his skin definitely looks darker underneath regardless of lighting in each scene. I guess that theory of him getting an artificial body might end up being true.

re: the first spoiler TNC's IMDB page now has listings of various actors, and Dwight Schultz is indeed listed for Deathshead. I figured it would just be for flashbacks, though. TBH I was kind of hoping he would be dead and finished and Frau Engel would completely take over as BJ's nemesis.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Well that hand grenade took his whole head off. Along with most of his torso. Though if he was a head in a jar like in Hellboy I would be down for more Deathshead.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He comes back as a literal totenkopf

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

CommissarMega posted:

Seriously, I think we just got trolled. How could anyone know about Wolfenstein yet NOT know that it's a Nazi Killing Simulator, and has been since 1981?

EDIT: In case you really didn't know about Wolfenstein, and have an hour 15 minutes to spare, this video can enlighten you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzu0AoUxFhk

It's also possible that you may have just missed a really obvious joke.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Well that hand grenade took his whole head off. Along with most of his torso. Though if he was a head in a jar like in Hellboy I would be down for more Deathshead.

kefkafloyd posted:

re: the first spoiler TNC's IMDB page now has listings of various actors, and Dwight Schultz is indeed listed for Deathshead. I figured it would just be for flashbacks, though. TBH I was kind of hoping he would be dead and finished and Frau Engel would completely take over as BJ's nemesis.

yeah, he will either be a weird joker type flashback, hallusnation type thing. or he will be brought back as a brain/head/whatever monstrosity.

GUI posted:

it might be a transplant, but who knows. thats kinda dumb honestly if he is just roboman.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
no, it means he has become his own worst enemy

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

We're only a month out oh jeez :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe