Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Capn Beeb posted:

We're only a month out oh jeez :f5:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

EULOGY FOR AMERICA

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to say our goodbyes to our dear friend America, who died recently after a brief, intense battle with fascism and a long, slow battle with carbs. Thank you all for coming out to help say farewell. It’s not easy. But at least America died doing what it loved most: deep-frying Halloween candy while white men tried to explain to women what jazz is.

America was sick for a really long time. In the early stages, I think we were all in denial. You could tell that America was unwell—public displays of brutality, deeply internalized prejudice, “Entourage”—but it seemed curable. Just a case of plain old electile dysfunction. We thought that we’d caught the fascism early, but, as we now know, it had metastasized. America was more Florida than country by the end.

America was born right here, in America, and lived here its entire life. America was always about family. It is survived by its similarly ill father, Britain, and its large brood of children: baseball, Google, fireworks, losing your fingers to fireworks, giving your Uber driver only four stars because he talked to you, thinking granola is healthy, Chicago (the place), “Chicago” (the musical), “Chicago” (the movie adaptation of the musical), Chicago (the band), “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago Med,” “Chicago P.D.,” “Chicago Justice,” “Chicago ‘Chicago’ ” (a show about the Chicago production of the musical “Chicago,” coming to NBC this fall), and a bunch of wars.

I’d personally be nowhere without America. America was there when I was born, when I got married, when I saw Janet Jackson’s nipple at the Super Bowl. Remember that? After that happened, none of us slept for days, because we had never seen the pointy part of a boob on our TVs before, and it really upset us. America was really cool that way. It would always get mad when you’d see the pointy part of a boob on a TV. I’m gonna miss that.

However, we should not dwell on the loss of our dear country, friend, and place where all the Cheesecake Factories and Lids stores are. Today, let’s celebrate America’s life, and remember all of the remarkable things it accomplished and how many actors playing Spider-Man who keep getting cuter and younger were inside of it. America gave us so much. And, boy, did it look good for its age. America was two hundred and forty-one years old when it died, but it didn’t look a day over a hundred and sixty-four! It looked so young, it could’ve been the very same America that put its own citizens in internment camps!

America got a bunch of things really right. Mostly how to put food inside other food. Anyone can just eat a chicken. But in a duck?! In a turkey?! In a gun?! No one is going to forget the Turduckenun any time soon. America was so inventive that way. And, I mean, everyone does silly stuff when they’re young. America was beautiful, too. Sure, it was a little lumpy, and you could always see its Florida through its pants, but it just got hotter with age. So hot. It was so, so hot by the time it died. Almost too hot to live in.

If there’s anything we should take away from this tragedy, it’s that you should always check yourself for fascism, especially around your midsection. It’s easy enough to do in the shower. If you catch it early, it can be cleared up with a rigorous regimen of local elections and books and yoga. But America was cocky. Nothing bad had ever happened to it before! It assumed this fascism would pass, just like the Second World War and “Entourage” had.

What a shame. America was just the best drat country in the whole U.S.A. I’m sorry that I’m getting choked up. I get really emotional when I think of America, and also I took too big of a bite of Turduckenun and it got lodged in my windpipe. We will all miss America greatly. Every time I see an American flag or a gun, I’ll think of America. But we can all rest easy knowing America is in a better place now: Russia.

jokes on u fascism, i dont shower

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

she apparently was but I don't know what kind of hosed up situation makes a 12-year-old the best choice to lead your people, seems like a Trumpy gimmick leader

the naboo believe only children should hold political power

kind of a logan's run thing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

*frantically points at it shrugging shoulders convulsively as if to say "whats going on, why arent yo u doin somthin about it"*

america.txt

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/913238362571583488

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

shiksa posted:

yeah some half-assed idea that the queen of naboo is some teenage girl with term limits so amidala could be in the senate too.

man theres just some piss poor worldbuilding in the prequels.

Really really bad

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

milkshake

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
well hef is gone.

the world may be going to hell, everyone.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
what is a naboo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

a really stupid version of logan's run that exists purely for plot convenience

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sessions: free speech is good

also sessions: except that, and that, and that

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
why did the gungans vote for a baby human to represent them in space empire congress

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
hugh hefner is the most handsome man in magazines

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
why are gungans

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/AlBoeNEWS/status/913240604141867009

pence's wife held for questioning

THS
Sep 15, 2017

deadgoon posted:

why did the gungans vote for a baby human to represent them in space empire congress

Geohell

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/morganmpage/status/913186278543364096

:hai:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

he did a treason?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i aint readin some fuckin eulogy for some shithole country that nobody likes

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

deadgoon posted:

I think you'll find that this is explained nowhere and they hoped you wouldn't ask

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Weeping Wound posted:

you're an ant

you don't feel pressure, just the overwhelming support of your sisters :madmax:

Adam Antifa 🐜🔥🏴

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXQ3aJR_fUg

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

deadgoon posted:

maybe amidala was the trump of naboo

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

deadgoon posted:

You think the Gungans had REPRESENTATION?

*intimidating titter*

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hugh Hefner died

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/913240397224271872

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

i feel like there was a lot of coke and sex going on

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Heffner ded? Well, tough to mourn, he lived a long good life

Hopefully he doesn't pick all of the bunnies to be entombed with him

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

shiksa posted:

half-assed

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
trump is bad

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

is that why reagan happened??

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Heffner ded? Well, tough to mourn, he lived a long good life

Hopefully he doesn't pick all of the bunnies to be entombed with him

if he didn't die partying on the high seas that life was a waste though

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

flags at half mast :flaccid: :patriot:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

honestly this is not what I expected

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSdhEflcPvU

but instead of an ant its a 'tactical nuclear defoliation device'

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yinlock posted:

if he didn't die partying on the high seas that life was a waste though

Keel-hauled across the SS Tittay

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

:captainpop:

Death is Certain

:dare:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

deadgoon posted:

the gungans have their own elected representative

jar jar

the gungans are not smart people

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

Can't wait for Pissident to Tweet about Hugh's death. He's going to piss some group off.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/WIRED/status/913031774351101952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Lastgirl posted:

EULOGY FOR AMERICA

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to say our goodbyes to our dear friend America, who died recently after a brief, intense battle with fascism and a long, slow battle with carbs. Thank you all for coming out to help say farewell. It’s not easy. But at least America died doing what it loved most: deep-frying Halloween candy while white men tried to explain to women what jazz is.

America was sick for a really long time. In the early stages, I think we were all in denial. You could tell that America was unwell—public displays of brutality, deeply internalized prejudice, “Entourage”—but it seemed curable. Just a case of plain old electile dysfunction. We thought that we’d caught the fascism early, but, as we now know, it had metastasized. America was more Florida than country by the end.

America was born right here, in America, and lived here its entire life. America was always about family. It is survived by its similarly ill father, Britain, and its large brood of children: baseball, Google, fireworks, losing your fingers to fireworks, giving your Uber driver only four stars because he talked to you, thinking granola is healthy, Chicago (the place), “Chicago” (the musical), “Chicago” (the movie adaptation of the musical), Chicago (the band), “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago Med,” “Chicago P.D.,” “Chicago Justice,” “Chicago ‘Chicago’ ” (a show about the Chicago production of the musical “Chicago,” coming to NBC this fall), and a bunch of wars.

I’d personally be nowhere without America. America was there when I was born, when I got married, when I saw Janet Jackson’s nipple at the Super Bowl. Remember that? After that happened, none of us slept for days, because we had never seen the pointy part of a boob on our TVs before, and it really upset us. America was really cool that way. It would always get mad when you’d see the pointy part of a boob on a TV. I’m gonna miss that.

However, we should not dwell on the loss of our dear country, friend, and place where all the Cheesecake Factories and Lids stores are. Today, let’s celebrate America’s life, and remember all of the remarkable things it accomplished and how many actors playing Spider-Man who keep getting cuter and younger were inside of it. America gave us so much. And, boy, did it look good for its age. America was two hundred and forty-one years old when it died, but it didn’t look a day over a hundred and sixty-four! It looked so young, it could’ve been the very same America that put its own citizens in internment camps!

America got a bunch of things really right. Mostly how to put food inside other food. Anyone can just eat a chicken. But in a duck?! In a turkey?! In a gun?! No one is going to forget the Turduckenun any time soon. America was so inventive that way. And, I mean, everyone does silly stuff when they’re young. America was beautiful, too. Sure, it was a little lumpy, and you could always see its Florida through its pants, but it just got hotter with age. So hot. It was so, so hot by the time it died. Almost too hot to live in.

If there’s anything we should take away from this tragedy, it’s that you should always check yourself for fascism, especially around your midsection. It’s easy enough to do in the shower. If you catch it early, it can be cleared up with a rigorous regimen of local elections and books and yoga. But America was cocky. Nothing bad had ever happened to it before! It assumed this fascism would pass, just like the Second World War and “Entourage” had.

What a shame. America was just the best drat country in the whole U.S.A. I’m sorry that I’m getting choked up. I get really emotional when I think of America, and also I took too big of a bite of Turduckenun and it got lodged in my windpipe. We will all miss America greatly. Every time I see an American flag or a gun, I’ll think of America. But we can all rest easy knowing America is in a better place now: Russia.

rofl

• Locked thread