Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Nonsense posted:

Japan is obsessed with decorum & the Liberal Democrats are DECORUM.

japanese politics go like this

no lose face, you lose face, you lose face

oh very sorry you lose face, i lose face for make you lose face :hai:

no now i lose face for you lose face for i lose face lose face, but i lose face for you lose face so you dont lose face for me losing face if i lose face :sweatdrop:

no i lose face

no i lose face first :hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Consummate Professional posted:

japan gonna get nukes and ghost in the Shell is gonna become real

im okay with this

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

blue squares posted:

What kind of lovely system lets you dissolve another branch of government

I'm p sure he's part of that branch of the government

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
maybe there will be less war crimes this time around? Idk

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agrajag posted:

soko, china, and the phillipines ain't gonna like a wartime japan much

if there's gonna be something that unites them it's absolutely a wartime japan.

it's like japan doesn't realize that the ones in charge are the kids of the people who have experienced japanese occupation/atrocities first hand

There was a really good anime about that

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Abeishly:] ENOUGH :byodood: YOU ALL LOSE FACE *dissolves*

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

I did a thing posted:

im okay with this

I am too but I want a cool robot body.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Why the lose face?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

no now i lose face for you lose face for i lose face lose face, but i lose face for you lose face so you dont lose face for me losing face if i lose face :sweatdrop:

no i lose face

I know a witch house song about losing your face and that makes me an expert in international politics

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

blue squares posted:

What kind of lovely system lets you dissolve another branch of government

It breaks deadlocks

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lastgirl posted:

no i lose face

i gave up at the fifth face, how does it end?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Lastgirl posted:

EULOGY FOR AMERICA

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to say our goodbyes to our dear friend America, who died recently after a brief, intense battle with fascism and a long, slow battle with carbs. Thank you all for coming out to help say farewell. It’s not easy. But at least America died doing what it loved most: deep-frying Halloween candy while white men tried to explain to women what jazz is.

America was sick for a really long time. In the early stages, I think we were all in denial. You could tell that America was unwell—public displays of brutality, deeply internalized prejudice, “Entourage”—but it seemed curable. Just a case of plain old electile dysfunction. We thought that we’d caught the fascism early, but, as we now know, it had metastasized. America was more Florida than country by the end.

America was born right here, in America, and lived here its entire life. America was always about family. It is survived by its similarly ill father, Britain, and its large brood of children: baseball, Google, fireworks, losing your fingers to fireworks, giving your Uber driver only four stars because he talked to you, thinking granola is healthy, Chicago (the place), “Chicago” (the musical), “Chicago” (the movie adaptation of the musical), Chicago (the band), “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago Med,” “Chicago P.D.,” “Chicago Justice,” “Chicago ‘Chicago’ ” (a show about the Chicago production of the musical “Chicago,” coming to NBC this fall), and a bunch of wars.

I’d personally be nowhere without America. America was there when I was born, when I got married, when I saw Janet Jackson’s nipple at the Super Bowl. Remember that? After that happened, none of us slept for days, because we had never seen the pointy part of a boob on our TVs before, and it really upset us. America was really cool that way. It would always get mad when you’d see the pointy part of a boob on a TV. I’m gonna miss that.

However, we should not dwell on the loss of our dear country, friend, and place where all the Cheesecake Factories and Lids stores are. Today, let’s celebrate America’s life, and remember all of the remarkable things it accomplished and how many actors playing Spider-Man who keep getting cuter and younger were inside of it. America gave us so much. And, boy, did it look good for its age. America was two hundred and forty-one years old when it died, but it didn’t look a day over a hundred and sixty-four! It looked so young, it could’ve been the very same America that put its own citizens in internment camps!

America got a bunch of things really right. Mostly how to put food inside other food. Anyone can just eat a chicken. But in a duck?! In a turkey?! In a gun?! No one is going to forget the Turduckenun any time soon. America was so inventive that way. And, I mean, everyone does silly stuff when they’re young. America was beautiful, too. Sure, it was a little lumpy, and you could always see its Florida through its pants, but it just got hotter with age. So hot. It was so, so hot by the time it died. Almost too hot to live in.

If there’s anything we should take away from this tragedy, it’s that you should always check yourself for fascism, especially around your midsection. It’s easy enough to do in the shower. If you catch it early, it can be cleared up with a rigorous regimen of local elections and books and yoga. But America was cocky. Nothing bad had ever happened to it before! It assumed this fascism would pass, just like the Second World War and “Entourage” had.

What a shame. America was just the best drat country in the whole U.S.A. I’m sorry that I’m getting choked up. I get really emotional when I think of America, and also I took too big of a bite of Turduckenun and it got lodged in my windpipe. We will all miss America greatly. Every time I see an American flag or a gun, I’ll think of America. But we can all rest easy knowing America is in a better place now: Russia.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I propose we transition our catchphrase from Nothing Matters to Everything Is Terrible

also the Hef is dead

Everything Is Terrible

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ugh someone give me an anime studio ill make a better GATE

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Louisgod posted:

I propose we transition our catchphrase from Nothing Matters to Everything Is Terrible

also the Hef is dead

Everything Is Terrible

Guess what

Nada matteros

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Consummate Professional posted:

japan gonna get nukes and ghost in the Shell is gonna become real

whoa whoa whoa...

i think japan may be onto something there. i think its best for everyone that we do not rush to judgment

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

no i lose face

https://i.imgur.com/8knpG0A.gifv

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Louisgod posted:

also the Hef is dead

Everything Is Terrible

It doesn't matter if everything's good or terrible lol

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Lastgirl posted:

Abeishly:] ENOUGH :byodood: YOU ALL LOSE FACE *dissolves*

highly unconstitutional if u aske me

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Epic High Five posted:

Is there a party that Abe is underestimating the support of like with Labour and Abe is winding himself up for a cucking?

Or is this a savvy move to streamline war preparations

I loled out loud that that might be the DP, but Koike's new Hope Party (I dunno if they're gonna put candidates in this race though) is the one to watch for. I don't think the LDP is underestimating them though.

edit: dissolving parliament means they're up for reelection, not that there is no more parliament anymore.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

We are all just a glimmer in the eye if a 100 meter quantum mech suit that is going all Childhood's End on our asses

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

still the award winner for amazing premise + botched execution

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Baloogan posted:

There's an anime series called Mobile Suit Gundam Reconguista in G about a society that has known peace for a thousand years deciding to build a military that's a real blatant metaphor for Japan re-militarizing.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Epic High Five posted:

Guess what

Nada matteros

my daughter goes to a bilingual Spanish school and 80% of the time she just adds "os" to the end of the words and she's now "speaking spanish", it owns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

We are all just a glimmer in the eye if a 100 meter quantum mech suit that is going all Childhood's End on our asses

i welcome our new gundam overlords

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

There's an anime series called Mobile Suit Gundam Reconguista in G about a society that has known peace for a thousand years deciding to build a military that's a real blatant metaphor for Japan re-militarizing.

Does it involve a fat dragon with a bad haircut?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
yeah GATE started out strong then HAREM

HAREM HAREM HAREM HAREM DADDERU SISCON LOLICON HAREM

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
America would be good if barry could dissolve congress until they found one that worked

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

still the award winner for amazing premise + botched execution

i can't believe how they hosed it up so badly.

arararararar

yes please god drat it i want to watch modern military equipment destroy fantasy creatures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5-hthd39wM

you can tell the animators were digging it, but the character design and plot is so bad

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Epic High Five posted:

i'm gay

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

I know a witch house song about losing your face and that makes me an expert in international politics

:nyoron:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZHSZceRNxY

:abuela:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

China better be staging troops in manchuria

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Epic High Five posted:

Does it involve a fat dragon with a bad haircut?

no, no dragons. Just robots

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Guy Goodbody posted:

Has Abe seen this anime?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Epic High Five posted:

Alien antifarm

alien antifa

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also that one monologue in GATE where a general is like "if we're not careful japan may commit a war crime, for the first time ever" which still cracks me up

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I read some of the GATE manga, and there's one part where they can tell a group of commandos is American because one of them is black

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Jazerus posted:

the naboo believe only children should hold political power

kind of a logan's run thing

To be fair, we've done the same thing.

I mean, I guess it's slightly different in that the grown men are actually children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Baloogan posted:

i can't believe how they hosed it up so badly.

arararararar

yes please god drat it i want to watch modern military equipment destroy fantasy creatures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5-hthd39wM

you can tell the animators were digging it, but the character design and plot is so bad

what are you telling me that you dont like the dynamic between itami and rory mercury and leilei la lenlena, and tuka and pina colada?

• Locked thread