Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Probably shadowplay or something like that. I think you can set up shadowplay like xbox one's clip thing where you just hit a hotkey and it saves the last 10-20 seconds of footage for you.

this is what i use/do. Shadowplay and hotkey for the last 30 seconds of gameplay. Which is what I had my xbox one setup like.

If they were a streamer though it was either OBS or they had someone in their channel clip and link back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
They probably used boom.tv

find the doc on the team!

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 27, 2017

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I have shadowplay recording all kills/knocks/deaths, and the instant replay set up for 20 minute intervals (maximum) in case I want to save an entire match or forget to hit record.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Black Griffon posted:

I have shadowplay recording all kills/knocks/deaths, and the instant replay set up for 20 minute intervals (maximum) in case I want to save an entire match or forget to hit record.

I tried the all highlights feature but it made my computer almost poo poo itself? Everytime I quit the game it wasn't like processing my videos properly or something. This resulted in a page file/temp files so massive whenever I closed the game I'd get warnings about running out of memory and that windows was gonna be closing a ton of poo poo down.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Stealthgerbil posted:

Ark or conangame look way better for using the same engine.

at least until you see a wild dinosaur animation

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Tokubetsu posted:

I tried the all highlights feature but it made my computer almost poo poo itself? Everytime I quit the game it wasn't like processing my videos properly or something. This resulted in a page file/temp files so massive whenever I closed the game I'd get warnings about running out of memory and that windows was gonna be closing a ton of poo poo down.

I'm shuffling everything over to my 2TB spinner, including the temp files. I don't know if shadowplay runs directly from the HD or if it does something on the SSD in between, but it works perfectly. Maybe gently caress around with the Nvidia settings?

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Tell me about running pubg on a 4k monitor. I bought a new PC a month ago to play this game (but mostly because my old system was really starting show it's age).

My new specs are:
i7-7700K
16GB RAM
256SSD
GTX 1080Ti

The game runs like butter at ultra settings in 1080p on my 22 inch monitor. But just like my PC was starting to show it's age, I'm now having issues with my monitor starting to flicker so I need to replace it.

I've been looking at https://www.amazon.com/PG279Q-2560x1440-G-SYNC-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B017EVR2VM
But knowing how weird pubg performance can be I'm hesitant to upgrade. Thoughts?

I have that monitor, and almost those exact specs (I have a 1080 and 32GB RAM). I love the monitor. On games that I still dip under 60fps (Hitman on Ultra) GSYNC is a saviour. On games that I run well over 60FPS, the ultra low motion blur thing is really nice as well. Super smooth. Buy it.

I play PUBG on very low aside from textures and anti-aliasing, and I get 80-100FPS after landing.

edit: I have the older 144Hz version of that monitor

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Any tips for when you have to start moving to get into the first couple of circles, apart from look around every now and then? I always seem to be the one getting shot in the back of the head.

I still haven't killed anyone in FPP :downsgun:

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Walton Simons posted:

Any tips for when you have to start moving to get into the first couple of circles, apart from look around every now and then? I always seem to be the one getting shot in the back of the head.

Too many variables to give clear answers without getting a lot of contradictory advice.
Is there a vehicle available?
What meds and boosts do you have if you need to take circle damage?
Did many people land in the same area as you? Did you land on the north side of the map and it looks like the game will end on military island or vice versa?

Those are a few of the details you need to know, and those are rhetorical questions to help you gauge the situation.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Walton Simons posted:

I do it at exactly 4:20 on every timer.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

Walton Simons posted:

In FPP solo I play like a genuine piece of poo poo and prefer to be the last guy to make it in (at least for the first few nonlethal circles) so I can be almost completely sure that there is nobody behind me, and that if there is, I'll probably hear them coming because they'll be sprinting or driving. Of course, there's also a massive advantage to being the first guy in, so... your mileage may vary. Remember that you can spend literally 4-5 minutes outside of the first circle as long as you have a vehicle (preferably a bike) and meds to chain. You don't have to be there exactly on time every single time.

VulgarandStupid posted:

I do it at exactly 4:20 on every timer.

This is far better advice than my post, just do this.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Walton Simons posted:

It takes around 15 seconds to run 1 small square on the map.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

It takes around 15 seconds to run 1 small square on the map.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
Thanks for all the advice, I'll put a video up next time I get killed on the run so it's easier to pinpoint what I'm getting wrong.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
what's the diff between sprinting and running?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
The shift key.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

mcvey posted:

Sprinting is no gun out (or grenades/pistol), presumably.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCsdZayKRmg here's a breakdown.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 28, 2017

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

mcvey posted:

hold your knife out to sprint

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
e: e.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

My last 5 solo FPP games have been 2 wins and 3 top 10s. I think I've figured this out.

Anxiously awaiting another streak of bad games to bring me back down to earth.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

THIS JUST RAISES MORE QUESTIONS :tizzy:

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

THIS JUST RAISES MORE QUESTIONS :tizzy:

Sorry if my sarcasm detector is broken, but how does something that cut and dry raise more questions?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
How do I squares?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

TJChap2840 posted:

Sorry if my sarcasm detector is broken, but how does something that cut and dry raise more questions?

Like is that speed during the normal weather or rain or fog or what?? It doesn't even mention elevation or humidity or anything else that could effect velocity when the test was run so how are we supposed to know what those mean?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Redo the experiment with each type of footwear including barefoot, we must determine the most optimal gear.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
A common theme I seem to be facing is when I finally get good loot the circle is a million miles away and I can't find a vehicle. I'm looting pretty quickly now, but is there some trick to finding a car?

daslog fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 28, 2017

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Shima Honnou posted:

Redo the experiment with each type of footwear including barefoot, we must determine the most optimal gear.

It would be neat if having a small equipment load- that is, no armor or equipped weapons beyond a pistol and grenades- would allow faster movement. It would be good for the beginning of the game to deal with bad drop points, lack of vehicles with circles on the opposite map corner, etc.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Shima Honnou posted:

Why stop there? I need to know which character runs fastest. Does hairstyle choice affect wind resistance?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

daslog posted:

A common theme I seem to be facing is when I finally get good loot the circle is a million miles away and I can't find a vehicle. I'm looting pretty quickly now, but is there some trick to finding a car?

running along the road is usually your best bet. The other things I'd recommend is if the circle is really far away don't wait until its moving to find a car, watch for a car as you're floating towards your destination in your parachute and also check that map that shows where cars can spawn.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Also scan your area for cars as you're dropping in so you know in advance if you're gonna have to run or not.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Also scan your area for cars as you're dropping in so you know in advance if you're gonna have to run or not.

This is always a good idea, especially if there's only a few and people drop alongside you. Camping a car to blap them on their way out isn't a bad scheme.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Why stop there? I need to know which character runs fastest. Does hairstyle choice affect wind resistance?

What about if its snowing?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Zsinjeh posted:

link that poo poo, let's see how owned you got :smug:

Ah I dont remember the part after "twitch-", it was like minizw or something. But yea, I got rocked. I was crossing to houses in military as the circles got pretty small, so I had no chance against any entrenched enemies :(

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Any talk of a revert last action function? Say a guy, I don't know, let's call him Boot Slice, spent 15 minutes gathering loot and picking off bad guys, then waltzed into a house like he owned the place only to get shot in the face, is there any way for Boot Slice to undo the last 30 seconds?

Cathab
Mar 3, 2004
Pretty new to the game, playing on OC servers.

They've recently introduced FPP duo servers as a trial. After seeing the hype about FPP I tried it out, and it felt... uncomfortable. Something about it felt off, and I ended up doing a suicide rush 10 mins into the game because I felt like I was getting motion sickness.

Bare in mind I've played FPS games for the last 15 years of my life constantly, and have never run into this issue. I have the view FOV slider maxed out also. Anyone have any ideas/have experienced this before?

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Cathab posted:

They've recently introduced FPP duo servers as a trial. After seeing the hype about FPP I tried it out, and it felt... uncomfortable. Something about it felt off, and I ended up doing a suicide rush 10 mins into the game because I felt like I was getting motion sickness.

Bare in mind I've played FPS games for the last 15 years of my life constantly, and have never run into this issue. I have the view FOV slider maxed out also. Anyone have any ideas/have experienced this before?

forced headbob

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Apparently with full gear, you have no problem running just a hair slower than circa 1912 world 1000m records, sustained for 10km.

They should shrink the players a little bit, in all honesty.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
A very awful man just told me I was homeschooled, Arabic, and adopted in the lobby

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
How did he know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cathab posted:

This might be the same jank I was experiencing because it only got noticeable in forced FPP servers which it seems I gotta play solo to avoid since that's all I ever get grouping with goons :argh:

• Locked thread