Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pillsbury Fuccboi

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Charcuterie, my dude.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

SKULL.GIF posted:

good writeup ty

this did more than anything else I've ever seen to convince me that I should give wonder woman a chance watching

If you arent joking, this is the first O&R longform anyone on nite crew has read since like Christmas, so ty

Also i didnt finish it the first time because the villains were so retarded, it took someone telling me "they arent the real final bad guys dummy!" For me to try again, and i was not disappointed

Not sure how they're gonna make a compelling sequel (already greenlit) tho

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hugh hefner lol more like hugh deathner

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

i worship the goddamned Devil come @ me

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

good name/post combo

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

guess the secret service took all the knives so everything has to be bite-sized

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mariana Horchata posted:

ur continued existence in america could literally cost u an arm or a leg... :ohdear:

capitalism and imperialism sucks

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

not gonna lie i'd probably eat it tho

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

not gonna lie i'd probably eat it tho

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Once I finish this book I'm going to move onto something fun and light and maybe a bit trashy

This is like 5 "serious" books in a row, I need a break

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i cant believe trump killed hef

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Being picky about food is just what the capitalists want

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Nonsense posted:

the drinks they make are worse somehow

I hate martinis and that infamous pic makes me want to report the bartender for a crime.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

It's like Barron is running the kitchen.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ScrubLeague posted:

i got an appointment on friday morning to go get new glasses

I got new glasses two weeks ago its pretty sweet to be able to see so clearly had no idea it was so bad

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmXGVDnPU9o&t=17s

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

EULOGY FOR AMERICA

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to say our goodbyes to our dear friend America, who died recently after a brief, intense battle with fascism and a long, slow battle with carbs. Thank you all for coming out to help say farewell. It’s not easy. But at least America died doing what it loved most: deep-frying Halloween candy while white men tried to explain to women what jazz is.

America was sick for a really long time. In the early stages, I think we were all in denial. You could tell that America was unwell—public displays of brutality, deeply internalized prejudice, “Entourage”—but it seemed curable. Just a case of plain old electile dysfunction. We thought that we’d caught the fascism early, but, as we now know, it had metastasized. America was more Florida than country by the end.

America was born right here, in America, and lived here its entire life. America was always about family. It is survived by its similarly ill father, Britain, and its large brood of children: baseball, Google, fireworks, losing your fingers to fireworks, giving your Uber driver only four stars because he talked to you, thinking granola is healthy, Chicago (the place), “Chicago” (the musical), “Chicago” (the movie adaptation of the musical), Chicago (the band), “Chicago Fire,” “Chicago Med,” “Chicago P.D.,” “Chicago Justice,” “Chicago ‘Chicago’ ” (a show about the Chicago production of the musical “Chicago,” coming to NBC this fall), and a bunch of wars.

I’d personally be nowhere without America. America was there when I was born, when I got married, when I saw Janet Jackson’s nipple at the Super Bowl. Remember that? After that happened, none of us slept for days, because we had never seen the pointy part of a boob on our TVs before, and it really upset us. America was really cool that way. It would always get mad when you’d see the pointy part of a boob on a TV. I’m gonna miss that.

However, we should not dwell on the loss of our dear country, friend, and place where all the Cheesecake Factories and Lids stores are. Today, let’s celebrate America’s life, and remember all of the remarkable things it accomplished and how many actors playing Spider-Man who keep getting cuter and younger were inside of it. America gave us so much. And, boy, did it look good for its age. America was two hundred and forty-one years old when it died, but it didn’t look a day over a hundred and sixty-four! It looked so young, it could’ve been the very same America that put its own citizens in internment camps!

America got a bunch of things really right. Mostly how to put food inside other food. Anyone can just eat a chicken. But in a duck?! In a turkey?! In a gun?! No one is going to forget the Turduckenun any time soon. America was so inventive that way. And, I mean, everyone does silly stuff when they’re young. America was beautiful, too. Sure, it was a little lumpy, and you could always see its Florida through its pants, but it just got hotter with age. So hot. It was so, so hot by the time it died. Almost too hot to live in.

If there’s anything we should take away from this tragedy, it’s that you should always check yourself for fascism, especially around your midsection. It’s easy enough to do in the shower. If you catch it early, it can be cleared up with a rigorous regimen of local elections and books and yoga. But America was cocky. Nothing bad had ever happened to it before! It assumed this fascism would pass, just like the Second World War and “Entourage” had.

What a shame. America was just the best drat country in the whole U.S.A. I’m sorry that I’m getting choked up. I get really emotional when I think of America, and also I took too big of a bite of Turduckenun and it got lodged in my windpipe. We will all miss America greatly. Every time I see an American flag or a gun, I’ll think of America. But we can all rest easy knowing America is in a better place now: Russia.

:911::heritage::ussr:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm getting laser eye surgery

Both eyes

Gonna suck being blind

Gonna be awesome shooting lasers out of my eyes tho

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I'm glad Trump researched glass working, and provided the people with sight

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Redgrendel2001 posted:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Zeroisanumber posted:

Charcuterie, my dude.

more like

charred tushie

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It probably tastes fine because how do you ruin roasted cauliflower and not overcooked steak but jesus that's bad presentation.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Redgrendel2001 posted:

John Barron maybe

(Never forget Trump invented a fake publicist to poo poo-talk his own NJ Generals QB Flutie, then denied he himself was John Barron, then named his son that 20 years later)

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Bip Roberts posted:

It probably tastes fine because how do you ruin roasted cauliflower and not overcooked steak but jesus that's bad presentation.

they found a way

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

rest in piss and cum hef

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

This is pretty great thanks

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

I'm getting laser eye surgery

Both eyes

Gonna suck being blind

Gonna be awesome shooting lasers out of my eyes tho

how will you read my posts

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

Charcuterie, my dude.

more like uh charred sluttery

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I am the fuckman

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
donald truck nuts

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

I am the fuckman

suck my dick!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

Destroying them with lasers

Aka

Appropriately

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

I am the fuckman

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

I am the fuckman

biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

The same way I do usually

Without either eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

• Locked thread