Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

9/10? BETTER?!

I'm only so far into it, but it's a game I'd recommend for anyone looking for something to mellow out too. Dialogue is amazing, gameplay is fun and easy to pick up on. Visually looks stunning too. Everything can be interacted with and the joycons shake all the fuckin time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i can't in good conscience buy picross switch because i still have like five picross games to play on the 3ds and i bring that out on commutes WAY more frequently than the switch

gonna buy the gently caress outta golf story though

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Kaubocks posted:

i can't in good conscience buy picross switch because i still have like five picross games to play on the 3ds and i bring that out on commutes WAY more frequently than the switch

gonna buy the gently caress outta golf story though

Backlogs are for the weak, Picross is forever.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm only so far into it, but it's a game I'd recommend for anyone looking for something to mellow out too. Dialogue is amazing, gameplay is fun and easy to pick up on. Visually looks stunning too. Everything can be interacted with and the joycons shake all the fuckin time.

Thank you friend, I am somehow even more hyped than I thought I could ever be. Golf Storyes!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i wish i could pause several games at the same time, so i can switch between them at my leasure

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

Kurtofan posted:

i wish i could pause several games at the same time, so i can switch between them at my leasure

Yeh but for that the switch would need more than one game

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

lelandjs posted:

Here's the first half hour of Golf Story, if you want some footage before you get what is obviously going to be GotY 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYos6kdVUnc

I don't know what it is about this that y'all are excited about, but whatever, it's your money, enjoy videogames

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

raditts posted:

I don't know what it is about this that y'all are excited about, but whatever, it's your money, enjoy videogames
10% promise of a good game, 80% starvation for ANYTHING new to play, 5% boredom, 5% nagging desire to let everyone know about it online.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

a normal human being: golf story sure looks cute and chill

a weirdo: people just want it because they're starved for games on the switch, a platform with an incredibly strong launch

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jeeze there's a lot of games out tomorrow.
Is Deemo basically Voez with a tilted perspective? I really like Voez, but I could probably just stick with it since I've barely scratched the massive tracklist.

edit: I'd love to play Golf Story, but looking at footage, watching golf top down where you can hit a ball, like, diagonally down a screen kinda makes me queezy.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 28, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't get the insane appeal y'all are having for Golf Story either but Night in the Woods, a game that's like an inch away from being a visual novel, is still my GOTY even after a game like Mario Rabbids so go ahead and like your weird golf game!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

they could announce Switch F-Zero and Animal Crossing and have them out for 2018 holidays, and y'all would still push the narrative that Switch has a limited library and people are starved for things to play.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
posting "Golf Story when" every page is a meme even if you actually want Golf Story

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
i'm hungry for picross s

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I haven't been following Golf Story as a joke. That's weird in a world where stuff like Stardew Valley and Undertale have been widely accepted for years now.

edit: As for Picross, I'm still playing 3D 2. I reset after any mistakes in that game, so it's taking a while.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Sep 28, 2017

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

TFRazorsaw posted:

they could announce Switch F-Zero and Animal Crossing and have them out for 2018 holidays, and y'all would still push the narrative that Switch has a limited library and people are starved for things to play.
Yeah, that's why 90% of this thread is people repeating "game when???" over and over again.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I just don't get it. We've had at least six high profile releases so far and they're all generally agreed to be well made, along with a number of smaller releases that have been well received as well.

I'm just wondering by what standard this console has "no games" on it.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

Yeah, that's why 90% of this thread is people repeating "game when???" over and over again.

because we're excited about good video games you no-fun haver

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I haven't been following Golf Story as a joke. That's weird in a world where stuff like Stardew Valley and Undertale have been widely accepted for years now.

it looks pretty chill but it has more of a mobile game vibe than those two do, esp with the weird cheap looking non pixely UI elements that clash with the rest of the art

that said the video I saw showed a surprising amount of variety in the "golf" missions and for $15 I kiiiinda wanna pick it up, it does look like it plays well and 2D golf games are never a bad time

E: actually undertale is pretty rough around the edges too now that I think about it, but comparing it to this type of game is apples to oranges

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Sep 28, 2017

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Okay, what the hell is the huge appeal with Picross S? Its just Sudoku/Minesweeper? Are ya'll serious?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sensual Simian posted:

Okay, what the hell is the huge appeal with Picross S? Its just Sudoku/Minesweeper? Are ya'll serious?

Picross loving owns

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Andrast posted:

Picross loving owns

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'd consider a good sudoku game on the switch, especially if it had kakuro as well.

Then again my music library of late is hella Tangerine Dream and Suzanne Ciani so maybe I'm just in the mood to chill.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Well drat with that sort of conviction and the riveting sudoku-like youtube videos ive seen, Im wetting my pants for this obvious thriller.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
I just looked up picross on wikipedia-

Yeah this owns. I hope every picture is yoshi

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

picross is really fun if you like puzzles at all, you should try it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If you've had a DS or 3DS and never tried any flavour of Picross... You don't want to know how shameful that is.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Steamworld Dig 2 is way more fun than I thought it'd be. I think I'm coming up on the ending and it was definitely worth the purchase.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Drunk Tomato posted:

I just looked up picross on wikipedia-

Yeah this owns. I hope every picture is yoshi

Look up Picross 3D. It's beautiful.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Is Golf Story up yet?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Unmature posted:

Is Golf Story up yet?

Noon Pacific, or some other equally stupid time that isn't a rolling release the second it hits midnight in each time zone.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

[quote="“Sensual Simian”" post="“476844006”"]
Well drat with that sort of conviction and the riveting sudoku-like youtube videos ive seen, Im wetting my pants for this obvious thriller.
[/quote]

It's a chill easyish puzzle game great for soaking up little bouts of free time. That's all it is. It doesn't loving own but you get a ton of puzzles for very little money (the 3DS ones, anyway.)

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

meat police posted:

Steamworld Dig 2 is way more fun than I thought it'd be. I think I'm coming up on the ending and it was definitely worth the purchase.

Yeah it's bloody great. Fixes every little niggle I had with the original. Especially the way they sped up progression helps keep it fun.

On another note, after I finished it I started replaying Heist on PC. At some point it got DLC so now I have Fen, the blue sprite that hangs with Dot, in my party. It's awesome that they put in little details like that between games.

Nov 24, 2014

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

There is a huge glaring issue though, the port is terrible when it comes to fps in later Lands that you travel to. Severe slowdown at night when monsters are attacking, or during the day when the weather kicks in. It gives me a bit of vertigo, I guess, but I don't mind it enough to stop playing.

Luke from Raw Fury Games tells me that a patch for Kingdom: New Lands "should be available by Friday or early next week at the latest."

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i just saw that the lovely mario arcade game is 8 bucks lmao

yikes

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sensual Simian posted:

Delete your loving account.

enojy posted:

It's a chill easyish puzzle game great for soaking up little bouts of free time. That's all it is. It doesn't loving own but you get a ton of puzzles for very little money (the 3DS ones, anyway.)
WHAT YES IT loving DOES

e: Apparently I need to post the eShop update times on every page.

:siren: :siren: :siren: ESHOP UPDATE TIMES :siren: :siren: :siren:

NORTH AMERICA: Noon Eastern on Thursdays (just over 5 hours from this post)

EUROPE: 15.00 Central European Time on Thursdays (just over 2 hours from this post)

AUSTRALIA: Who the hell cares, but stuff probably goes live at the same time in Europe.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Sep 28, 2017

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sensual Simian posted:

Yes. Picross owns.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Picross is definitely my favorite puzzle and it's a crime there isn't one printed in the paper every day and books full of nonograms in the game section at book stores.

There's a couple crappy Android games, the good Jupiter games, and a few decent picross ones by third parties.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Golf Story will be out at 9AM EST!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
How do you play Picross

• Locked thread