Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

I haven't kept up with the actual news, so like...was this kneeling protest thing actually at a veterans' event or something? Cause I am not following how the flag = the troops otherwise. It's a symbol of America, not just the military.
You're either not a US resident or have been under a very heavy rock not to know that the flag always = the troops whenever Republicans get hold of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Wow Mad Magazine's taken an interesting turn.

(I'm guessing it isn't Mad, the artist looks familiar though).

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Gazpacho posted:

Has summers ever seen an amputee in his life?

His legs were sliced off by a destructo disk. Krillin hates the flag.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hugh Hefner is dead, so get ready for tepid obit cartoons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

Horsey's time to shine is here.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Pants Donkey posted:

Kelly has to do something. Probably his old man avatar cries over a Playboy magazine while a no-good kid streams XVideos. Maybe Hefner is shown in the sky with John Holmes and Larry Flynt, all giving a thumbs up. A newspaper calls him a brilliant innovator, and Korner Kelly says "Stroke of Genius."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This is actually perfect. Like, spot on.
Highly visible protests, like MLK's civil disobedience which famously blocked highways (Conservatives have a hard time remembering this fact so it's great to see McCoy giving it a nod), are designed to prevent access to a callous and willfully ignorant state of "normalcy". That's the entire point of such protest: to deny the unaffected and uncaring everyman the opportunity to ignore the suffering of his fellow man. By taking a knee during the anthem, their understated action has now gotten national attention, impossible to ignore any longer. Though so many would wish to turn a blind eye -- to say "it's not MY problem!" and drive on -- they are now, at long, long last, being confronted with the unavoidable truth. By inconveniencing the privileged white middle class enough to disrupt their daily schedule and prevent selfish normalcy, social traction can be gained.
This is the most AGC cartoon I've ever seen from McCoy. It's like he's perfectly hit on the soul of this kind of protest, but still thinks it's bad because at the end of the day he's still being slightly inconvenienced. (Except even less so because seeing someone kneel on TV for a few moments is even less intrusive than being blocked on a road).

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Jurgan posted:

Kelly has to do something. Probably his old man avatar cries over a Playboy magazine while a no-good kid streams XVideos. Maybe Hefner is shown in the sky with John Holmes and Larry Flynt, all giving a thumbs up. A newspaper calls him a brilliant innovator, and Korner Kelly says "Stroke of Genius."

At times I feel like if Sutton ever retires Kelly, this thread could crowdsource new comics weekly and no one would notice the difference.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

I didn't know he was still alive.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Jurgan posted:

quoting for later.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Renaissance Spam posted:

I'm the pervasive British accent.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

"Pledge Issue"? Is...is he saying what I think he is?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I'm a much happier person by letting go of any expectation that saying something smart to someone will have any positive impact. From social media:

"I have no idea where he stands on the subject."

-Someone that is staring directly at a cartoon depicting his stance on the issue

:cripes: :vince:

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
wrong thread, sorry

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Renaissance Spam posted:

Without checking, it is definitely Viz.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Kegluneq posted:

Without checking, it is definitely Viz.

Looks like Lee Healey's style. Another political of his:

jacksbrat
Oct 15, 2012

From a page back but this is loving loathsome. Using one serious issue to invalidate another. But what else is to be expected from Good Ol' Chip Bok.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Well, at least he resisted making all the "bad" players black, unlike Ramirez and BoK.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jurgan posted:

Throw in Martin Luther king somewhere in there.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Private Speech posted:

It looks a bit too much like:

Which probably makes them a bit uncomfortable.

I don't think these people find anything uncomfortable about that kind of salute.

Regarding Viz, it's always been a bit more politically on the nose than you might expect for what is basically an obscene parody of the Beano. Its greatest achievement came around the time of Maastricht when it ran a spoof tabloid article about how EU bureaucrats planned to standardise the size and shape of people's turds. 20 years later, reality caught up with satire.

Pants Donkey posted:

So is Paul Horner, the fake news rear end in a top hat who invented the "paid protesters" story. I wonder how Garrison will spin the OD.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Kopijeger posted:

I have a sudden urge to skin a certain someone alive, fuel them with adrenaline and salt their writhing waste of oxygen.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

To make this a good cartoon, the line would have to go around the outside of the maze.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Kopijeger posted:

On my job we sometimes have students and we threat them with a lot of care, somewhat like a customer. Today they work with us, tomorrow they may work for a possible customer and recommend us.
I rarelly call them "my minions". Often they need more work than they solve, but is good to have young people around.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Trump is a tax cheat. AGC.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Given Gorrell, I can't tell if this is A Good Cartoon or a good cartoon.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

jacksbrat posted:

From a page back but this is loving loathsome. Using one serious issue to invalidate another. But what else is to be expected from Good Ol' Chip Bok.

I can't wait till that brain-damage debate flairs up again so all these hot-takers can start howling over these snowflakes who can't even take a tackle anymore.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I suspect that part of the lol brain damage thing is based on the assumption that they're dumb as bricks to start with.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Sep 28, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

In a dark graveyard marked "Presidential Dreams", as Hillary Clinton struggles to keep from being pulled through the front gates, a hand punches out of a grave clutching three crinkled sheets of paper. "Three pages!" croaks Carly Fiorina,"Threeeee paaaagessssssss...."

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Kopijeger posted:

It's not Healey, it's the one who does the Jack Black cartoons.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Rincewinds posted:

Well, at least he resisted making all the "bad" players black, unlike Ramirez and BoK.
And stiglich

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jesus Christ :stare:

You gotta wonder if Ramirez makes these caricatures this grotesque on purpose

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

loquacius posted:

Jesus Christ :stare:

You gotta wonder if Ramirez makes these caricatures this grotesque on purpose

He definitely does - his style is the grotesque hyper exaggeratedness. His subject matter and beliefs are terrible, but I've always thought he has a unique and distinct style, at least when portraying people he disagrees with.

The thread often shits on him saying "he doesn't know how to draw! His Obama looks like a worm!" But that's absolutely the point. His understanding of how his comics will look in print when he does a mass of crosshatching is also bad, but overall he has one of the better art styles of politoons. I'd just rather he not have The Worst Opinions to convey.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

SgtScruffy posted:

He definitely does - his style is the grotesque hyper exaggeratedness. His subject matter and beliefs are terrible, but I've always thought he has a unique and distinct style, at least when portraying people he disagrees with.

No. He just can't draw people (any longer). Agree, disagree, they're all grotesqueries. Particularly chins, which he is now utterly incapable of portraying. His Dubya was just as poo poo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Not to mention his penchant for making cartoons using a lot of dark colors, which just come out as unreadable black smudges when they're printed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Xander77 posted:

No. He just can't draw people (any longer). Agree, disagree, they're all grotesqueries. Particularly chins, which he is now utterly incapable of portraying. His Dubya was just as poo poo.

Apart from Obama where his choice of not using the same style of linework as in everything else makes it seem weird, those pictures show he draws human caricatures very well :psyduck:

• Locked thread