Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I just unlocked ship battles and I have two observations:

1. I really like ships, and I'm bummed that there doesn't seem to be much more use for them besides the Arena and daily challenges, which I know are important for ability materials.

2. The ship lobby music is great and I want a toggle to make it play everywhere in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

wisdomHNOX posted:

I just unlocked ship battles and I have two observations:

1. I really like ships, and I'm bummed that there doesn't seem to be much more use for them besides the Arena and daily challenges, which I know are important for ability materials.
They're used in Territory Battles, too, so if you're in a guild, they're definitely worth building up. Also, ships are the only way to farm Zetas (material to grant the top skill levels), so they're super important for that.

wisdomHNOX posted:

2. The ship lobby music is great and I want a toggle to make it play everywhere in the game.

*turns on music for the first time in forever* Oh wow, that is pretty good.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Mister Blueberry posted:

At least R2 was behind empire, that weren't that hard to farm, and we had ages for doing it. Also, there are a lot of empire toons, easily accessible in a number of shops, unlike FO. FOST and FOTFP are really hard farms, that cannot even be panic farmed, so i don't get the business model this time around.

Oh for sure. There's totally going to be some "must have" character that requires BB-8, Old Han, Old Chewie, and, I don't know, Poe and Finn. It won't matter that Old Han is dead, he'll be needed for some Last Jedi thing because reasons.

Mister Blueberry posted:

Also, TB is super boring and i'm sick of it. I'm the TB officer and my guild is slowly dropping the ball, as we should, because gently caress this poo poo.

/rant

Agreed, i think I'm ready to say that Territory Battles kind of suck. It's wave after wave of Snowtroopers, super easy ship battles, and gate checks on characters that don't help you in any other aspect of the game, for a somewhat limited reward. Like, the gear is nice, and some character shards that are hard to find are available, but...I don't know, I was hoping for more interesting gameplay. Boss battle with Vader at the end, take down an AT-ST, something other than, "Time to fight more Snowtroopers".

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Oh for sure. There's totally going to be some "must have" character that requires BB-8, Old Han, Old Chewie, and, I don't know, Poe and Finn. It won't matter that Old Han is dead, he'll be needed for some Last Jedi thing because reasons.

You need him to unlock Leg-shot Murder Kylo with no mask and way too much sweat for an ice planet.

Thankfully, you don't need to bother leveling or gearing him for this.

thrawn527 posted:

Agreed, i think I'm ready to say that Territory Battles kind of suck. It's wave after wave of Snowtroopers, super easy ship battles, and gate checks on characters that don't help you in any other aspect of the game, for a somewhat limited reward. Like, the gear is nice, and some character shards that are hard to find are available, but...I don't know, I was hoping for more interesting gameplay. Boss battle with Vader at the end, take down an AT-ST, something other than, "Time to fight more Snowtroopers".

Yeah, it's a helluva hurdle just to be able to take your character to G12. It's almost as bad as ships, honestly. Just a long grind to get a specific reward (Zeta mats for fleet, G12 mats for TB). The problem is, if you don't participate in the grind, you'll never stack up in any other aspect of the game.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 26, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Real missed opportunity to have the last tier only be one section with just a mini raid on an AT-AT. I don't think the developers are fans.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

TB could be easily made less awful if they just cut down the number of rounds in the battles to 3. The special battles and ship stuff are fine (or at least acceptable) because they end quickly (and at times include Vader). Six waves of increasing grind is just dull, and the wave six buff buff shoot buff shoot bonus shoot purple shield garbage is really tiresome.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Pretty much. The minute 3 or 4 of them put up the protection buffs I just want to hit forfeit. It takes so loving long just because.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zachack posted:

TB could be easily made less awful if they just cut down the number of rounds in the battles to 3. The special battles and ship stuff are fine (or at least acceptable) because they end quickly (and at times include Vader). Six waves of increasing grind is just dull, and the wave six buff buff shoot buff shoot bonus shoot purple shield garbage is really tiresome.

gotta have those SUPER EASY fights so the lowbies can give their incremental and poo poo contributions. :jerkbag:

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

What's the optimal zFinn team? Finn, Poe, R2, Rey, Trooper? Or Pilot instead of Rey?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

The Diddler posted:

What's the optimal zFinn team? Finn, Poe, R2, Rey, Trooper? Or Pilot instead of Rey?

depends what you're doing.

Pilot/Rey seem to be the toss-up.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I wonder when this game will have it's Star Wars Galaxies moment, and what form it will take. It's bound to happen.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Cactus posted:

I wonder when this game will have it's Star Wars Galaxies moment, and what form it will take. It's bound to happen.

Context?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RC Cola posted:

Context?

Star Wars Galaxies was the old MMO. At one point Lucasarts shut it's servers down, killing the game, so all the time put into the game was lost. From what I remember, at the moment of shut down, the player base got together and jumped to lightspeed at the same time.

edit: Oh, unless OP meant when they took Jedi from being super hard to build up, and super great as a result for a reward, to easy to build up, but no less strong, meaning suddenly everyone was a Jedi. Because that happened, too.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 26, 2017

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

thrawn527 posted:

Star Wars Galaxies was the old MMO. At one point Lucasarts shut it's servers down, killing the game, so all the time put into the game was lost. From what I remember, at the moment of shut down, the player base got together and jumped to lightspeed at the same time.

edit: Oh, unless OP meant when they took Jedi from being super hard to build up, and super great as a result for a reward, to easy to build up, but no less strong, meaning suddenly everyone was a Jedi. Because that happened, too.

Could be a lot of things. STO managed to wreck their game THREE times. Jedi were never good for the game, so two of them have to do with that. Could be the introduction of the Jedi grind destroying the economy, the proliferation of Jedi making every other combat class obsolete or the NGE.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I was referring to the infamous NGE update. Sorry, I never even played that game and I've heard more than I ever cared to about it, and so assumed that most people that like star wars games will have too.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
The grind and constant tension to keep up is really wearing on me too. I've been increasingly less enthusiastic about it.

Oddly, the last few posts have made me want to reinstall and play on Bloodfin again. There's just something funny about stomping around Coruscant in storm trooper armor and a power maul.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Cactus posted:

If they don't add any more game modes or currency (I've never played a game that had as many types of currency that this game now does), revamp GW/ships at some point, keep releasing new Raids/TBs (and rotate out old ones eventually) and keep revisiting vintage characters to keep them relevant along with new characters, I think there's no reason it won't go on for several more years. The grind is real, but so is every other mobile game, and every blue moon or so they made a good decision, like allowing us to buy annoying gear in the Shard Shop for cheap.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

If you mean overhaul, it's going to have to happen, eventually. I'm thinking more along the lines of what WoW did where they made it much more approachable by streamlining the leveling process by boosting XP and removing a lot of lower level content that was useless because people skipped it.

SWG was lovely because, even though a ton of poo poo was broken, it was at least consistent in how it was broken and the sandbox nature of the game and the community made up for it, imo. When they streamlined that game and pushed everybody into preset professions (after the NGE), it lost everything that made it unique.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Agreed with the complaints about TB; 6 nodes per battle are annoying, as are the number of sections.

I'm also seriously fed up with G9-G12 gear grind. Carbantis are actually okay because it's a slow, steady grind from challenges. If they all were like that, even if you had to prioritize, carbantis with one challenge or stun cuffs with another that would be okay. But grinding the stupid loving stun cuffs and stun guns which have to be wrung out from this or that store a handful at a time when you need 100 of each to push a character to the next gear level is depressing. Is it in the shard shop? How about TB store? How about shipments? Do a crystal refresh, sim 14 nodes, get 1 stun cuff yay!

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

MoraleHazard posted:

Agreed with the complaints about TB; 6 nodes per battle are annoying, as are the number of sections.

I'm also seriously fed up with G9-G12 gear grind. Carbantis are actually okay because it's a slow, steady grind from challenges. If they all were like that, even if you had to prioritize, carbantis with one challenge or stun cuffs with another that would be okay. But grinding the stupid loving stun cuffs and stun guns which have to be wrung out from this or that store a handful at a time when you need 100 of each to push a character to the next gear level is depressing. Is it in the shard shop? How about TB store? How about shipments? Do a crystal refresh, sim 14 nodes, get 1 stun cuff yay!

I have been buying stun guns and cuffs from the shard store. The price seems reasonable somehow.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
TB is really loving boring, i cannot believe how little gameplay there is in the content it took them 6 months (?) to make. I am glad i am a new player and the game as a whole is still fresh to me, if THIS had been the only new content i had gotten after having played for a year or 2 i wouldn't still be playing.
The game is fun for now though, i enjoy GW as i can complete it every day through some resistance. GW is in a perfect spot for me atm. I wouldn't be so positive about it if i was on the receiving end of those 5x G12 meta heroes that are nigh impossible to beat

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

I wouldn't be so positive about it if i was on the receiving end of those 5x G12 meta heroes that are nigh impossible to beat

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

MoraleHazard posted:

:same:

After finding out the hard way how slow cuffs are to farm, I wish i had never farmed clones.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm almost done with Wiggs shards, and I'm absolutely dreading trying to get Chaze. I need some advice on what legendary events to be planning for, and in what order. https://swgoh.gg/u/warmachine/

CLS, R2, Thrawn, and Palpatine are all on my pecking list, though I suppose Palpatine can be moved to the end because of his partial unlock support status. Thus, what I'm thinking is this:

Phonix for Thrawn > Empire for R2 (having Thrawn means I have Phoenix rebels to get Palp) > Storybook Rebels for CLS.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Warmachine posted:

Phonix for Thrawn > Empire for R2 (having Thrawn means I have Phoenix rebels to get Palp) > Storybook Rebels for CLS.

Good idea? Bad idea?

This is more or less exactly what i have done, with the exception that i already had Phoenix up to par when Palpie was on a couple of weeks ago and managed to get him.

Palpie has the Empire tag and is from what i understand very important for the R2 event as it is difficult to get good Empire characters. Few good ones are grindable. Palpie, Thrawn, Vader, Shoretrooper, Veers, Krennic, Death Trooper all take ages or events to get.
The grindable ones (ie from a currency or cantina) are TFP, GMT, Stormtrooper, RG, Magmatrooper....and thats it. Literally just 5 dudes you can get in a sub-3-month timeframe, and aparently Magmatrooper is pretty crap. So you really want Palpie and/or Thrawn for R2.

Personally i have Palpie, TFP, GMT, Stormtrooper, RG and Magmatrooper at 7*, and am thinking of ditching Magma and use the rest for the R2 event (?). If Thrawn comes around before R2 i assume ill get him at 7* and am not sure who to ditch for R2.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

This is more or less exactly what i have done, with the exception that i already had Phoenix up to par when Palpie was on a couple of weeks ago and managed to get him.

Palpie has the Empire tag and is from what i understand very important for the R2 event as it is difficult to get good Empire characters. Few good ones are grindable. Palpie, Thrawn, Vader, Shoretrooper, Veers, Krennic, Death Trooper all take ages or events to get.
The grindable ones (ie from a currency or cantina) are TFP, GMT, Stormtrooper, RG, Magmatrooper....and thats it. Literally just 5 dudes you can get in a sub-3-month timeframe, and aparently Magmatrooper is pretty crap. So you really want Palpie and/or Thrawn for R2.

Personally i have Palpie, TFP, GMT, Stormtrooper, RG and Magmatrooper at 7*, and am thinking of ditching Magma and use the rest for the R2 event (?). If Thrawn comes around before R2 i assume ill get him at 7* and am not sure who to ditch for R2.

R2 is amazing. He can fit on most teams even without his zetas

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RC Cola posted:

R2 is amazing. He can fit on most teams even without his zetas

It seems like all the legendary supports, at least on paper, are pretty baller. BB-8 at least feels like he's going to be a nasty addition. Has anyone even seen a Hermit Yoda yet? And Palpatine had/is having his day.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hermit yoda gonna be gross on assist teams.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
I decided to get yoda first and before gear 12.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Mister Blueberry posted:

I decided to get yoda first and before gear 12.

Same. Not gonna worry about the grind. I just want cool-Yoda.

32 shards so far.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Someone was asking about spending saved up ally points in QGJ so I thought I'd mention that Memu is an android (and maybe iPhone?) emulator that is really easy to setup on a PC. You install it and then just pick what device you want to emulate. There are no additional drivers to download and you don't need to connect your phone to use it. Once the device is up, you just go to the Play Store, download SWGOH, login, and you can play with your mouse.

Once Memu is installed, you just script a macro (they call it "Operation Record" and it's very easy to setup) to tap the bottom right-hand corner of the screen every couple of seconds. Macros are automatically repeated in Memu so you just fire it up and let it go and check it every so often. You can't see what the emultor is doing since it's not part of the game but here's a peek:
'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepP_q_bN9A

E: you can also do this to macro auto-battles so you can grind gear without spending those precious tickets. It's just a little more complicated to setup since you have to remember that battles will take a little longer or shorter depending on the ally you select.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 28, 2017

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

fishtobaskets posted:

Hermit yoda gonna be gross on assist teams.

I read about using him on a team with an Ackbar lead where CLS is the only other rebel and you have a lot of non-attack actions (so with Thrawn and GK, maybe). Seems like that would get out of control in a hurry with all the extra Luke attacks.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lol I've been playing this game for like 2 years and I can't even complete the BB-8 first tier cause I don't have FO Officer unlocked.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

lol I've been playing this game for like 2 years and I can't even complete the BB-8 first tier cause I don't have FO Officer unlocked.

Have you tried getting good?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

:trumppop:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

7*g10 ballbot, so what

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'm not going to be able to get BB-8 this time around. Which sucks because he will be needed for the Jedi Rey they're going to reveal this December.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Ineptitude posted:

Veers. You can build up a half decent trooper team (Veers (l), StormT, SnowT, MagmaT) and fairly easily. You can also grind the crap out of Tarkin now, who's a good lead for random Emp and you should be working him anyway to help with Zetas. Magma isn't as bad as people say, he actually does decent damage spread around for events, he's just useless for raids/pvp because you don't want him doing half his damage to random targets in those venues.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Not really.

I just never started FO cause for the first year I barely played and only went after toons I liked such as bad Boba Fett and Dengar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Popete posted:

Not really.

I just never started FO cause for the first year I barely played and only went after toons I liked such as bad Boba Fett and Dengar.

A man after my own heart