Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Yeah don't spend $30 on that unless you have a lot of disposable income.

And yeah, Beatrix's is basically the same exact thing, if that ends up being the IX choose-a-relic option. I have them both and I'd probably use Beatrix more if i didn't also have cleansing strike for Agrias, just because Beatrix owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Well this makes up for my recent garbage pulls. Sure, more +Holy weapons, I now have:
7* Agrias OSB
Pecil USB
Locke OSB
WoL USB
Minfilia USB

Since I have Papa's BSB, probably a good idea to Legend Dive him.
What's better, Pecil USB or WoL?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm a bit ambivalent about the changes since I kinda wanted Lulu's BSB, but to be honest it's probably more damage to just chain her USB to itself. That +ice though...

My second and third choice are also gone so I'll have to think about it carefully

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
1/11 on the gem banner, a mostly worthless Edea SSB dupe. Lots of tempting choices for the selection relic but I need to wait on my other banner pulls to choose.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Pretty good! Im good with the luneth ssb for the str bonus, and got onion gauntlets after all this time and the game throwing every other relic of his at me but that one.

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Three SSB's, one a dupe, two on characters I have better SB's for so would never use. I guess they're +10 for mastery but that's about it for $30. I will definitely be taking the Onion Gauntlets unless I get them elsewhere in the fest, which is unlikely going forward but still a chance.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

pichupal posted:

If you want it for the Imperil Holy, Beatrix is likely going to be on the Crystal Tower Draw.

If you want it for Agrias, it appears on the next two Tactics events on really good banners along with her LMR and USB.

If I don't buy it then I'm never going to get it on future banners.

If I do buy it then I'm going to get on every single DU lucky draw for the foreseeable future. Heck I'll probably get it on unrelated banners too.

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis
Gem pull got me 2/11: Tifa's OSB, Sephiroth's SSB... meh. I also got Tifa's Unique and Sephiroth's BSB from the lucky draws lol.

I would appreciate some advice on what to choose for the BSB though. OK's BSB would've been an easy choice but I got that from the 100 gem pull on Phase 1. I think my top two choices so far are:

Firion: I got his USB from Phase 1, instant AoE + M.Blink sounds pretty good, and I don't have any strong holy characters.

Edea: To fill out my lack of mages overall, and also lacking ice stuff in general (I have Squall's BSB2 and Rinoa's BSB2). Also seems like it'd be a better choice for Magicites? Not sure at all since I'm still working my way thru the Nightmares. Would she be good with only her BSB?

Alphinaud's BSB might be nice too. I don't have any summoner options besides the Rydia OSB I drew from 30-pull, and I already have a pretty good wind team building up (Bartz' USB+OSB+BSB3, Luneth's OSB+BSB, Faris' USB). But again, would he be useful with only this?

I definitely want the best for strengthening my DPS options. Don't really need more breaker-types since I ended up with a fully decked out Setzer after trying to pull for Shadow, so Vann's BSB doesn't seem as necessary. Got Y'shtola's BSB and Rosa's USB so I'm good on healing stuff. Either way I'm going to wait until the later pulls are done before deciding.

EDIT: Whoops got Edea's and Lulu's mixed up, definitely would rather have Edea's burst over a +ice stat boost.

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Sep 28, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I am legitimately salty that Y'shtola BSB is not a choice. That makes no sense.

gently caress.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

jebeebus posted:

Lulu: To fill out my lack of mages overall, and also lacking ice stuff in general (I have Squall's BSB2 and Rinoa's BSB2), and the rare +ice boost everyone harps about. Also seems like it'd be a better choice for Magicites? Not sure at all since I'm still working my way thru the Nightmares. Would she be good with only her BSB?

If you want a mage ice bsb Edea is significantly better than Lulu.

edit:

Lulu's command 1 is a 10.48 potency attack.

Edea has enIce, a +Mag/-Def on Cmd2, and her cmd1 has a potency of 12, 18 if you include enIce, if you can softcap Mag.

I'd wait until you pull on banner 3 and 5. Get Raines BSB if you didn't pull it on 5, Edea BSB if you did pull Raines BSB and didn't pull her BSB.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 28, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I am legitimately salty that Y'shtola BSB is not a choice. That makes no sense.

gently caress.

It's gonna be the choice for the mythril version the banner, it sounds like.

jebeebus posted:

Alphinaud's BSB might be nice too. I don't have any summoner options besides the Rydia OSB I drew from 30-pull, and I already have a pretty good wind team building up (Bartz' USB+OSB+BSB3, Luneth's OSB+BSB, Faris' USB). But again, would he be useful with only this?

I have his BSB and his Deployment Tactics, and I'd probably use him still even with only his BSB. Wind is such a rare element for mages, and his ether on CM2 is very nice for spamming Valigarmanda / Tiamat on fights with multiple enemies. Deployment Tactics is pretty great, though.

Also his totally insane USB is on Banner 5, if you are pulling on that anyway.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Sep 28, 2017

jebeebus
May 2, 2005

FF7F00 Cocos Nucifera
Morus : Passiflora Edulis
Cherimoya : Castanea
Synsepalum+(Citrus x limon)
Monstera : L. chinensis

KPC_Mammon posted:

If you want a mage ice bsb Edea is significantly better than Lulu.

edit:

Lulu's command 1 is a 10.48 potency attack.

Edea has enIce, a +Mag/-Def on Cmd2, and her cmd1 has a potency of 12, 18 if you include enIce, if you can softcap Mag.

I'd wait until you pull on banner 3 and 5. Get Raines BSB if you didn't pull it on 5, Edea BSB if you did pull Raines BSB and didn't pull her BSB.

Err poo poo, somehow I mixed the two up haha. I definitely wanted Edea's BSB when writing my post, Lulu's sounds lame and basic as hell. Not worth it for just +ice in my case. Cid Raines looks pretty good, drat...

I'm gonna do some pulls on Phase 3 and maybe Phase 5 so I do have some chance of narrowing my choices.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I have his BSB and his Deployment Tactics, and I'd probably use him still even with only his BSB. Wind is such a rare element for mages, and his ether on CM2 is very nice for spamming Valigarmanda / Tiamat on fights with multiple enemies. Deployment Tactics is pretty great, though.

Also his totally insane USB is on Banner 5, if you are pulling on that anyway.

Hmm alright, maybe I'll do one pull on Phase 5 since I have 4 dupes on it. The only thing I was mainly thinking that Alphinaud's BSB might help me get mastery on the FF3 D300 Torment haha, which is the only D300 I've cleared so far.

jebeebus fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 28, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
It's good every now and then to read up on other people's misery and thereby live your own bad luck through them. It's like we're all members of a battered dog kennel who need to stick together, so I went into reading this post with that "I feel ya" sympathy I usually have:

reddit whale posted:

Like I never get this mad but seriously I'm starting to think when you do pulls with gems DeNa has the dupe rate up the roof I get it RNG will be RNG but seriously I just went 3/11 all dupes gem only banner on global in spite of rage I logged on my JP account did 2 more gem only banners 3/11 all dupes the select a osb one then okay fine I said to myself 3rd is a charm no way I can't even get a ssb that isn't a dupe id even be happy with paying for 10stats but then 2/11 dupe....

Yeah man, that sucks and I feel y-

quote:

Im very sorry to rant and I know this kinda thing is frowd upon in this sub but with 20,000$ USD spent on this game c'mon DeNa throw me a god drat bone....

:what:

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

welp insta-regret on the gem pull:

2/11
Cid Raines SSB (dupe)
Thancred SSB (poison/NE attack? yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn)

at least I got the select-a-relic to go.

I'm gonna wait for phase 4. If I get rikku USB, then I take cid raines BSB. If I don't hit on Rikku USB, I take OK BSB.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Just a reminder that the next DU should have III relics and comes before the gem selection ends. For those who want OK BSB you may want to wait...

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Oh man. I hope Kain BSB is on CT pick a BSB. Kain is my boy. I don't give a drat how good it is, I'm going for the maximum anime betrayals here.

IV is my favorite game but the relics are dodging me. Only have stuff for Porom and Golbez and Edge

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So collecting all the roulette prizes is a problem now?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So collecting all the roulette prizes is a problem now?

The drop rate is based around having 10 free stamina refreshes that we didn't get, apparently.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It's gonna be the choice for the mythril version the banner, it sounds like.

Oh man I hope so. Her friggin picture is even right on the realm label!

I took Raines BSB instead. No regrets.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
I agonized over whether or not to spend real money on the gem only banner, and then agonized over whether or not to pick Y'shtola BSB (a longtime chase relic of mine) or Ovelia BSB (I have her doublecast LMR, plus both her SSBs, plus Tactics is my favorite in the series). I've started legend diving Vanille because I have her BSB, USB, and SSB and she's been my go to healer for forever, and wasn't sure what the smarter choice was, or if I should go for an offensive relic instead.

Gem pull was Garland BSB, Porom SSB, and Y'shtola BSB. No dupes. Chose Ovelia BSB as my choice relic. Best pull I've had in months, and I've spent $30 on way stupider poo poo. No regrets.

Stopgap fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 28, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

pichupal posted:

FFII: Minwu (replacing Leila)

DeNA please

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Well that was a good draw. :toot:

Time to wait and see what Banner 5 holds for me, and if Fujin is on the other select banner.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

30th Anniversary Select draw: Terra OSB, Greg USB

Selection: Ya boi Edge BSB, he is now complete (50 sphere levels, even +3% ninja from motes)

Cool I got Terror Baltimore's OSB at long last, now to pull on banner 2 for her USB

Bartz BSB3, Celes BSB2, Bartz USB (no dupes)

:stare: OK well that works

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Bought the gem banner. I figure after playing this game for two years, they can get my money one time. Also, I really needed a boost+haste effect, so a guaranteed OK BSB was hard to pass up. The actual relic draw was 4/11 with Freya BSB, Zell SSB (wow, that sure is underwhelming!) and two dupes. But one of the two dupes was Orlandu OSB, so once I get full Rosettas on that 7* Saintly Excalibur, it will be my strongest non-synergy weapon. That certainly helps.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
So I don't think this game wants me to have OK BSB ever. I broke down and threw down 3000 gems on the selection banner... and it coughed up Rapha USB. Also Echo SSB and Cyan SSB but I don't think I care about those anywhere near as much, for obvious reasons. Given that my Earth damage is Rydia BSB and Celes with BSB2 toting Gaia's Cross, I'd be crazy not to go for Maria BSB even if I don't get OK BSB next lucky, which I won't, right? There's not enough edge cases where OK BSB is the better choice that I'd pass up on Maria here?

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Shithead knights need to come out more and give me their sweet chips.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

So I don't think this game wants me to have OK BSB ever. I broke down and threw down 3000 gems on the selection banner... and it coughed up Rapha USB. Also Echo SSB and Cyan SSB but I don't think I care about those anywhere near as much, for obvious reasons. Given that my Earth damage is Rydia BSB and Celes with BSB2 toting Gaia's Cross, I'd be crazy not to go for Maria BSB even if I don't get OK BSB next lucky, which I won't, right? There's not enough edge cases where OK BSB is the better choice that I'd pass up on Maria here?

Wait for the DU before making your selection. Also, OK's overall role is a bit different than Rapha. Do you have other characters geared to cover his versatile abilities? He can cast his BSB and then work as an entrust battery for example (which is probably his strongest role today). Or be an extra white/black mage. Or Ninja. Or cover all of your basic debuffing needs. Can you beat Hydra at all now?

Maria's good and all, but this all really depends on what else you have in the overall scheme of things. If you have specialized characters who cover each of OK's uses better than he would, than Maria may be the better choice after all.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

djfooboo posted:

Shithead knights need to come out more and give me their sweet chips.

Just woke up and did a full 120 stamina dungeon, zero knights.

DeNA this is some bulllllllshit

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Hydra is one of the best places to utilize Radiant Shield if and when your earth is lacking. My clear is a sub 60 with damage coming from Emperor SSB radiant shield, Dingus BSB and OK swiftspell.

OK with BSB is insane because of the power and versatility combined.

If you don't have radiant it's looking like to show up in CT draw in form of CoD BSB

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Hydra is one of the best places to utilize Radiant Shield if and when your earth is lacking. My clear is a sub 60 with damage coming from Emperor SSB radiant shield, Dingus BSB and OK swiftspell.

OK with BSB is insane because of the power and versatility combined.

If you don't have radiant it's looking like to show up in CT draw in form of CoD BSB

Reading this post made me supremely happy that I just recently got Tifa USB.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who calls him that :laugh:

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I broke down and pulled on the gem banner. Got Warrior of Light USB and Red SSB.

I've been waffling over what relic to choose. I was thinking either Yuffie BSB or Edge BSB because I am sorely lacking in water coverage. I would just choose Edge, but I recently also pulled Yuffie's USB on one of the luckies and I have her instant cast phys blink SSB. I have nothing for Edge. Help me choose goons.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I envy all you people that can casually throw down $30. I only just started my job and I can't afford to be a whale. :argh:

I'd totally do it too for that Red XIII BSB. I don't care if there's better options in the list the dog friend has been with me since the beginning. I'll gladly take a donation to the good dog fund.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

19 second Sea Lion clear with my post-fest fire crew

Bartz USB/LMR spamming blazing twinstrike (triple tap then 8 hit barrage is :lol:)
Vincent USB wrath then chain firaga
Ace USB LM1+2 instant USB then meltdown + valigarmanda
Onion Knight BSB protectga then smoldering fire
Rosa USB shellga wrath and dedicated Mom Bomb Haver

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I broke down and pulled on the gem banner. Got Warrior of Light USB and Red SSB.

I've been waffling over what relic to choose. I was thinking either Yuffie BSB or Edge BSB because I am sorely lacking in water coverage. I would just choose Edge, but I recently also pulled Yuffie's USB on one of the luckies and I have her instant cast phys blink SSB. I have nothing for Edge. Help me choose goons.

Honestly if Yuffie USB is all you have for water then I'd probably look for an imperil first. They're not super amazing but there are two on the FFX selection . Without an imperil doubling down on Yuffie probably doesn't help a ton and Edge's is okay in isolation but you'd probably need another relic or to fully legend dive him to match an imperil.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

Reading this post made me supremely happy that I just recently got Tifa USB.

Take it from me, Tifa's USB makes Hydra a gimme, especially if you have her BSB to En-earth her on top of it.

Also I've been playing with Firion's USB and it's hilarious. He's permanently in fast forward and you get to spam the hell out of it. I wish I had his BSB to go with it :(

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Heaven Spacey posted:

Also I've been playing with Firion's USB and it's hilarious. He's permanently in fast forward and you get to spam the hell out of it. I wish I had his BSB to go with it :(

What abilities are you spamming with it?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Just wait until Flashing Blade gets buffed to have a similar cast speed ramp up. Firion will likely nyoom off into the sun.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I envy all you people that can casually throw down $30. I only just started my job and I can't afford to be a whale. :argh:

I'd totally do it too for that Red XIII BSB. I don't care if there's better options in the list the dog friend has been with me since the beginning. I'll gladly take a donation to the good dog fund.

$30 is not a whale. Whales spend thousands of dollars on this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

30 bucks is barely minnow status

• Locked thread