Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That thing needs slaw and fries, depending on how close to Pittsburgh you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Manuel Calavera posted:

That thing needs slaw and fries, depending on how close to Pittsburgh you are.

Oh, goddamn it, now I want Primanti Bros. even though it is hundreds of miles away and would kill me if I tried to eat it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Well it's fair time in central PA again and since last year was my first foray to the fair ever,

how can you say "the fair" when pennsylvania doesn't have a state fair

Lutha Mahtin has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Sep 28, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Back we go on Saturday to eat some more artery-busting awesomeness. I will be camping on the Appalachian Trail for two days in between to cleanse myself.

That's a rather quaint toilet euphemism.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

McSpergin posted:

Shells and heads make wicked paella stock when seasoned properly, my uncle makes one on boxing day for the family with the prawns leftover bits :australia:

Yeah, If they're small prawns and fried, eat the whole lot. If they're large prawns, no don't ever eat the heads and tails. Peel them before simmering/grilling and make some stock with them.
I'm pretty sure after Phil Moscowitz's post here, https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3570811&perpage=40&pagenumber=22#post476730344 because I haven't had seafood for a while and I feel like cooking cajun one last time, that I'm going to track down some decent large prawns this weekend and make stock with the heads and tails for my prawn ettouffee

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
More of you need to try salt & pepper shrimp, shell on, AKA the only thing worth eating at any Chinese buffet.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

More of you need to try salt & pepper shrimp, shell on, AKA the only thing worth eating at any Chinese buffet.

Chinese buffet sweet and sour chicken is my weakness, also those fried dough things covered in sugar which I haven't seen in a decade.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

those fried dough things covered in sugar which I haven't seen in a decade.

You should check out my webcam

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

those fried dough things covered in sugar which I haven't seen in a decade.

Definitely the best dessert choice when your other options are room temperature melon chunks, something that may or may not be cheesecake, bananas in a mysterious red syrup, and a broken soft serve machine.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Rollersnake posted:

Definitely the best dessert choice when your other options are room temperature melon chunks, something that may or may not be cheesecake, bananas in a mysterious red syrup, and a broken soft serve machine.
I only patronize buffets that have those tasty little mocha sheet cakes, thank you very much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I went to one that had a working soft serve machine once

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Rollersnake posted:

That's the other thing I might make. If I can only buy small prawns then totally going to cook salt and pepper prawns and calamari. Either way, I just need to get my seafood on because it's been a while and most likely not going to bother if just cooking for myself after I move.

Fo3 has a new favorite as of 09:45 on Sep 28, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Chinese buffet sweet and sour chicken is my weakness, also those fried dough things covered in sugar which I haven't seen in a decade.

Same and same. Also a pile of that lovely brown lo mein with little streaks of cabbage clinging to it desperately for "health."

The fried dough thingies are not 100% inauthentic, but the real deal is just plain friend dough with no sugar. You're meant to dip them in things. I prefer the Americanized version, to be perfectly honest...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/trpkktrllng/status/879661219237449728
https://twitter.com/trpkktrllng/status/879674463700242432

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
The fried dough is just canned biscuits deep fried, a childhood staple of literally every redneck I know. Dip em in the red sweet and sour glop if you wanna know where your pancreas lives. Make them at home and roll them in cinnamon and sugar too. That's just good eatin'.

Chinese buffet is not complete without playing a round of "ersatz sushi roulette". First person to bite into still-frozen imitation crab loses. It's a high stakes game, frankly.

e: Pizza rules should be a thing if we're gonna start using bean sprouts as a topping. Gross.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 11:54 on Sep 28, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

fizzymercy posted:

The fried dough is just canned biscuits deep fried, a childhood staple of literally every redneck I know. Dip em in the red sweet and sour glop if you wanna know where your pancreas lives. Make them at home and roll them in cinnamon and sugar too. That's just good eatin'.

Chinese buffet is not complete without playing a round of "ersatz sushi roulette". First person to bite into still-frozen imitation crab loses. It's a high stakes game, frankly.

e: Pizza rules should be a thing if we're gonna start using bean sprouts as a topping. Gross.

So, you are saying we need a Pizza Revolution to install a Pizza Chairman?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Rollersnake posted:

That's a rather quaint toilet euphemism.

I was being literal.

As far as "the fair", I speak of course of the mighty and revered Bloomsburg Fair, but really from the end of August until October the whole central part of the state is awash in fairs large and small.

I am about 3.5 hours from Pittsburgh, but we do have a local restaurant that does Pitt-style slaw-and-fries sandwiches that are awesome.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Samizdata posted:

So, you are saying we need a Pizza Revolution to install a Pizza Chairman?

I'n not saying that, but I wouldn't mind a Council on Ethical Pizza Toppings. Things are getting out of hand here. Next thing you know they're gonna put alfalfa sprouts on Hawaiian with extra pineapple and cabbage and pizza will devolve into pure anarchy.

Death to Pizzarchy.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Full pizza communism now.

Also crossposting from the Trump thread:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I’d eat that but give me a plate instead of a butternut squash.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Arivia posted:

I’d eat that but give me a plate instead of a butternut squash.

That's romesco, a spanish pepper and almond sauce.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

That's romesco, a spanish pepper and almond sauce.

Don't forget the mustard (((jus)))

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fizzymercy posted:

Canned biscuits make better donuts than they do biscuits. Canned biscuits cooked the proper way are pretty blah, but deep fried and shaken in a bag with cinnamon and sugar, it's great.

#justrailertrashhacks

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bloom posted:

Don't forget the mustard (((jus)))

The individual elements and flavor ideas actually seem pretty good, but holy poo poo, don't do fine dining plating if you don't know how to do fine dining plating.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda posted:

Canned biscuits make better donuts than they do biscuits. Canned biscuits cooked the proper way are pretty blah, but deep fried and shaken in a bag with cinnamon and sugar, it's great.

#justrailertrashhacks

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's true

:negative:

(also, you're like the third person to do that with my avatar after I've admitted something like that. :yaycloud:)

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Randaconda posted:

It's true

:negative:

(also, you're like the third person to do that with my avatar after I've admitted something like that. :yaycloud:)

It's low hanging fruit

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It's low hanging fruit

Like their panniculus

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Wasabi the J posted:

Like their panniculus

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm nowhere near that chubs. :staredog:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress does Pennsylvania not have a state fair? That seems crazy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Because it's not a state, it's a :airquote: Commonwealth :airquote:

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

Wasabi the J posted:

Like their panniculus

I'm just here to appreciate your correct use of "panniculus" instead of the popular malapropism "pannus," which half my coworkers can't get loving straight no matter how many times we discuss corneal fibrous growths vs. abdominal adipose skirts

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

elise the great posted:

I'm just here to appreciate your correct use of "panniculus" instead of the popular malapropism "pannus," which half my coworkers can't get loving straight no matter how many times we discuss corneal fibrous growths vs. abdominal adipose skirts

Why don't they just use the proper medical term "eww gross what even is that"? :confused:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

elise the great posted:

Delicious, creamy punnuscota for dessert

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bongwizzard posted:

How the gently caress does Pennsylvania not have a state fair? That seems crazy.

Pennsylvanias weird in many ways. Anyway, I was at the Ephrata fair in PA last night and got a deep fried cheesesteak Stromboli where they used funnel cake dough or something similar to encase it in and got a deep fried brownie with raspberries on top. I was on a first time date with someone who had never had fair food too and they were delighted

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

bongwizzard posted:

A lot of the older states don't have them, because there were already so many county and local fairs going since the 1700s. Massachusetts doesn't have one either.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Pannus cotta

E:FB!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

elise the great posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0gGWRnoFDI