Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Tollymain posted:

im p sure youko has been described as specifically half-vampire somewhere in the story

Yeah, pretty early on in-fact. They noted that she's less affected by a vampire's traditional weaknesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm pretty sure that even though she started as a half-vampire, that she's been moving progressively further towards being a full vampire--her vulnerability to her weaknesses has increased, and she stopped showing up in pictures.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, remember the same thing happened with Genjirou where he started off fine and it got worse over his senior year until the freak out.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So to recap :

Shirayuki, a human, made friends with or fell in love with a non-human. She tried to bridge humans and non-humans and live with both sides. Unfortunately due to a famine, the human village she was in was literally starving to death - so they sold the nonhuman boy she liked/loved into a sideshow/circus thing to survive.

She sold her soul to a demon to become ageless and immortal, and has been sabotaging all efforts at living together to prevent any more tragedies like the one she endured.

It makes a lot of sense why she's doing what she is and makes her out to be much, much more interesting as a villain as she genuinely believes that what she's doing will prevent the people she's hurting from being hurt even worse.

Such a very, very good manga.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Agreed- it's amazing how this manga is able to combine slice-of-life, romcom and even outright dramatic elements to well :allears:

Can't wait for her to face off with her dad :black101:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Youko is half vampire, and we've seen that she can't turn fully into a bat. Tarage pointed that out last time, directing folks to his avatar.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

khy posted:

So to recap :

Shirayuki, a human, made friends with or fell in love with a non-human. She tried to bridge humans and non-humans and live with both sides. Unfortunately due to a famine, the human village she was in was literally starving to death - so they sold the nonhuman boy she liked/loved into a sideshow/circus thing to survive.

She sold her soul to a demon to become ageless and immortal, and has been sabotaging all efforts at living together to prevent any more tragedies like the one she endured.

It makes a lot of sense why she's doing what she is and makes her out to be much, much more interesting as a villain as she genuinely believes that what she's doing will prevent the people she's hurting from being hurt even worse.

Such a very, very good manga.

You left out the most important part that made me want to cry.

Akane is fighting against Shirayuiki - and really has done everything she's done with this school - in order to fulfill a promise she made to that same Shirayuki as a child.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I forgot to mention: the looks on the faces of those humans in Shirayuki's memory are some of the creepiest things I've ever seen in this, ostensibly a comedy manga.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

SpacePig posted:

I forgot to mention: the looks on the faces of those humans in Shirayuki's memory are some of the creepiest things I've ever seen in this, ostensibly a comedy manga.

Agreed. That was straight up Attack on Titan poo poo.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
If there's one thing to remember about this manga, it's that it's face-game is always on point.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
https://bato.to/reader#cfb1c75adc3a8044

Have an omake as apology for being late.

EDIT: Typo, reuploaded.

Tarage fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Sep 25, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
That is not a responsible use of time travel

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Cute Akane is my favorite Akane

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i like original flavor akane, i think its the pipe

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Wait, so Shirayuki actually keeps the Kappa's corpse with her? :stonk:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
https://bato.to/reader#f7c6b182c1747d82

I'm willing to bet the week wait is gonna kill some people~

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:stare:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
This chapter felt very short and it's making me angry. I am one of those people who will die this week.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

SpacePig posted:

This chapter felt very short and it's making me angry. I am one of those people who will die this week.

:same:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Shonen as gently caress. I love it.

Last chapter summary: Shiragami-san, secret's out
:tviv:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

SpacePig posted:

It was 20 pages not including the volume starting page at the front. That's a normal chapter lol.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kuromine is good. I believe in him. I can wait for the next chapter.

:tif:

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I am already dead.

How many more chapters are there now?

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 28, 2017

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

ActionZero posted:

I am already dead.

How many more chapters are there now?

Last chapter is 196.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
:tviv: NOW THAT'S HOW YOU PROPOSE TO A GIRL!

Holy poo poo, this chapter was just... holy poo poo!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Tarage posted:

It was 20 pages not including the volume starting page at the front. That's a normal chapter lol.

Oh, I know it was actually regular length. It just didn't feel like it. Because of the things that were happening. The very good things.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
first panel of page six is adorably bwaka

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

first panel of page six is adorably bwaka

It's the strongest attack.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
MotD

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress son

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
GOLY GOSH DARN IT. :stwoon:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

SpacePig posted:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Fellows, given the option, I would recommend instead NOT dying this week.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

That is one Hellsing looking vampire.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wonder if Youko will undergo a transformation as well.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

dublish posted:

That is one Hellsing looking vampire.

Reminds me of Pride from FMA, with all the extra eyes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Maybe she'll transform into a truly Cool Beauty

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Xelkelvos posted:

Maybe she'll transform into a truly Cool Beauty

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

She will get more dumb and cute.

• Locked thread