Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Buy take two stock w/your irl character, buy shark cards with profits, stocks go up

Its like a crafting loop and you can buy the gold airplane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

edit: doesn't look like any new vehicles today, just discounts.

Actually, they released the Howard NX-25 stunt plane on Elitas :eng101:

It's fun. It's an unarmed stunt plane. If you like tooling around in something fast and maneuverable but don't want to try flying the Alpha Z1 since it's a ridiculous handful, the NX-25 isn't bad.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Powershift posted:

What about that game mode where they were like "you're totally a badass drug dealer biker" and then you ended up driving lovely vans across the map for peanuts, or that mode where they were like "you're a gunrunner with a secret bunker and you can make guns" and you ended up driving lovely vans across the map for peanuts or that mode where they were like "you're a fuckin diamond smuggling CEO" and you ended up driving lovely vans across the map for peanuts

Nope, Bombuskha Run is even worse than all of those, amazing as that may sound. I stand by this claim.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Psion posted:

Nope, Bombuskha Run is even worse than all of those, amazing as that may sound. I stand by this claim.

You can dunk almost a whole wing in the lake without crashing. And you can (crash-)land on the side of the mountain and then fly away again.

But yeah, it's not a lot of fun once you've done those things.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I remember playing one round of Bombushka where the other team lost two people, and had one afk while we were up in the plane. The pilot flew around the map for roughly two years before this one lone buzzard was allowed to kill us finally, since one of the gunners was utterly obsessed with shooting him down. I spent most of that time watching Netflix.

It's a terrible game mode with bizarre scoring and incentives. The rounds take too long and it somehow manages to take helicopters and airplanes and make them completely boring.

I don't have a ton of experience in this game but Bombushka has been the worst of it.

tencent
Oct 23, 2013

Psion posted:

Confirmed, it really is that bad.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

I like when it bugs out and the helicopters can't even take off.

brothertim
Mar 6, 2013

Powershift posted:

What about that game mode where they were like "you're totally a badass drug dealer biker" and then you ended up driving lovely vans across the map for peanuts, or that mode where they were like "you're a gunrunner with a secret bunker and you can make guns" and you ended up driving lovely vans across the map for peanuts or that mode where they were like "you're a fuckin diamond smuggling CEO" and you ended up driving lovely vans across the map for peanuts

But all the DLC is FREE!!! :rolleyes:

I wonder what the next expansion for Van Simulator is gonna be...

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

brothertim posted:

But all the DLC is FREE!!! :rolleyes:

I wonder what the next expansion for Van Simulator is gonna be...

I read somewhere that "Smuggler's Run" is the final expansion -- is that real, or did somebody just pull that out of their rear end?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Made it up, most likely. Take Two's recent financials had an explicit statement about continuing GTAO support longer than planned due to how much shark card revenue they're still pulling in, and every quarter they're reporting hundreds of millions or some stupid amount of shark card revenue.

quote:

"We still expect fiscal 2018 to be a year of strong earnings and cash provided by operating activities for Take-Two, despite an unusually light release slate, driven by new releases of NBA 2K and WWE 2K, our robust catalog led by Grand Theft Auto, and innovative offerings designed to drive engagement and recurrent consumer spending," Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said in an earnings release.

(emphasis added)

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 27, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

prefect posted:

I read somewhere that "Smuggler's Run" is the final expansion -- is that real, or did somebody just pull that out of their rear end?

People said that about gunrunning.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

There were rumors going around a while ago that the final Online updates were coming but then they had an earnings call that was like "lol Online is making fuckloads of money so we're gonna just keep going". That said, I would expect them to continue to be similar to what they have been: content drops with some scripted missions. Don't expect anything substantially different like new Heists or whatever because they've peeled teams off onto RDR2 and GTA6.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

in short, expect dozens of new adversarial modes and at least two more freeroam business opportunities with ever-escalating buy in costs!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm betting RDR:O is basically farmville with guns.

brothertim
Mar 6, 2013
I can't wait to swap vans with wagons

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Remake Oregon Trail with the RDR engine

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Psion posted:

in short, expect dozens of new adversarial modes and at least two more freeroam business opportunities with ever-escalating buy in costs!

Personally i'm waiting for the naval warfare update where we get Battleships and Destroyers that multiple people can crew, but you need to buy a shipyard for $20m, and then a Battleship costs $10m and can take approximately 3 rockets before exploding :v:

Also, you have to buy a cargo ship to haul boat crates to make piddling amounts of money.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

T1g4h posted:

Also, you have to buy a cargo ship to haul boat crates to make piddling amounts of money.

the tug already exists and is nothing but pain, don't give them ideas

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Psion posted:

the tug already exists and is nothing but pain, don't give them ideas

I got my million dollars worth of fun out of the tug. mainly a bunch of guys trying to flip it back over when i beached it upside down trying to take the jumps by the pier. And also trying to get it out of the canal entrance on the other side of the pier with brickades.

As much as i hate the vans, i really want a trucker update. Give me a truck garage with all sorts of chrome and wicked rear end paint jobs and awesome trailers.

They could do the trailer from death race since we already got the truck
the smokey and the bandit whole rig
the fury road war rig
the rig and the car from duel, i already basically do that with the MOC
Optimus prime
dekotora
more dekotora

Also, make people have to back the trailers up because that's always hilarious to see people gently caress that up.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I'd kick a puppy for a Green Goblin Maximum Over drive livery for my MOC

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I'd kick a puppy for a Green Goblin Maximum Over drive livery for my MOC

Okay this would actually be super loving cool. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Let me upgrade my yacht into a LCS

Call up the captain and have him launch a cruise missile at someone

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

Let me upgrade my yacht into a LCS

Call up the captain and have him launch a cruise missile at someone

$25,000 a cruise missile

It takes 3 of them to kill an insurgent

They can be easily shot down in flight by a hydra

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Powershift posted:

$25,000 a cruise missile

That's not realistic in the slightest! Tomahawks are actually about $800k each.

Anyway, there's no use for them in GTA until Rockstar adds in civilian weddings.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ripper Swarm posted:

Anyway, there's no use for them in GTA until Rockstar adds in civilian weddings.

loving :laffo:

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

dekotora
more dekotora

YES. I need this - for parking on top of people while spamming Classical Horn #6

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

Powershift posted:

$25,000 a cruise missile

Don't care I'll be shooting them at the level 7's buying their first motocross helmets at Vespucci Beach

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Locobono posted:

YES. I need this - for parking on top of people while spamming Classical Horn #6

I like Classical Horn #8, but I'm realizing the only time I hear it is when someone kills me and my head lands on the steering wheel. :saddowns:

Locobono
Nov 6, 2003

Pump Action

prefect posted:

I like Classical Horn #8, but I'm realizing the only time I hear it is when someone kills me and my head lands on the steering wheel. :saddowns:

Isn't that the Ode to Joy one? Yeah, kinda ironic for bleeding out from a headshot

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

prefect posted:

thats why i mostly use the sad trombone

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
get the high note horn on your car

go into passive mode

follow pubbies around blasting the horn

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

coupedeville posted:

go into passive mode

Speaking as an elderly, it'd be amazing if Rockstar added in a horn that's so high pitched only teenagers could hear it...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Ripper Swarm posted:

That's not realistic in the slightest! Tomahawks are actually about $800k each.

holy heck :popeye:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

coupedeville posted:

go into passive mode

This man knows how to GTA.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Do the above but with a 3 star wanted level too.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mutata posted:

What do you have to do to get a 5-star wanted level? I was working on the kill-police-helicopters award, and I never got above four stars.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

prefect posted:

What do you have to do to get a 5-star wanted level? I was working on the kill-police-helicopters award, and I never got above four stars.

Keep killing the police

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mutata posted:

Also, the tank lasts a lot longer in passive mode.

brothertim
Mar 6, 2013

prefect posted:

If you got an APC just sit on the turret and keep shooting at cops. you'll get five stars real quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The tank in passive mode is a severely underrated trolling tool, in passive it's not damaged by running over cars so you can work up a giant cop parade and lead them to anyone on the map. And squish any unattended player cars.

• Locked thread