Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
[quote="“sellouts”" post="“476786377”"]
Why get the LTE then?
[/quote]

Even if I wasn't getting the cell service I would probably get the LTE. You have it if you want to activate it and it isn't that much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

rage-saq posted:

8:40 -> 4:30 took me from 100% to 27%. Like 10-12% an hour, though I don't have great LTE signal in my office so finding a signal might consume a lot of battery. Pretty heavy, but a little better than expected. I would get email notifications on my watch and phone at the same time which was kind of weird at first.

That's cool, I wish right now that I could get all texts and calls on my watch when I'm wearing it. Hate that my phone has to be locked.

Still waiting on my S3 but I did pick up a $12 Milanese loop on amazon today. It looks and feels great. If it holds up for a couple months I'll be happy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Did Apple say the Siri face will use more power? I seem to recall something like that. In any case, WatchOS 4 seems to be using more battery for me (like, I'm below 50% when I go to sleep at night), and I've been using the Siri face.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Haggins posted:

That's cool, I wish right now that I could get all texts and calls on my watch when I'm wearing it. Hate that my phone has to be locked.

Still waiting on my S3 but I did pick up a $12 Milanese loop on amazon today. It looks and feels great. If it holds up for a couple months I'll be happy.

There are about 10 different knockoff brands that I can see -- which one do you recommend?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Did Apple say the Siri face will use more power? I seem to recall something like that. In any case, WatchOS 4 seems to be using more battery for me (like, I'm below 50% when I go to sleep at night), and I've been using the Siri face.

I'll check my watch battery tonight, but my series 2 on watchOS 4 has been equivalent battery life. I use the watch for notifications and checking the time, by end of the day i'm at 70-80%. I'm not using the Siri face, so i haven't seen a difference.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

On knockoff watch band discussion, can anyone recommend a particular nike watch band immitation?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pragan4 posted:

On knockoff watch band discussion, can anyone recommend a particular nike watch band immitation?

While it is out of stock right now this one,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRHPEER/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for $9 is pretty great.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

MarcusSA posted:

While it is out of stock right now this one,

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRHPEER/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for $9 is pretty great.

Thanks--they have some other colors in stock so I'll have my very own in a couple of days.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
What is up with Edition available? Did they massively underestimate how popular they'd be this time around? Seems like every store has Sports in stock but none have SS or Edition.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I thought they cut the edition line last year because you'd have to be insane to get one.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SeANMcBAY posted:

I thought they cut the edition line last year because you'd have to be insane to get one.

Nah, the Edition was just dumb for Series 0 because it was 24k gold plated and cost like Ten Thousand Dollars. Since then, the Edition has been ceramic w/ the perks found on the stainless steel models, and somewhere around $1300. Still ridiculously priced, but at least the gray ceramic this year looks awesome.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

enojy posted:

Nah, the Edition was just dumb for Series 0 because it was 24k gold plated and cost like Ten Thousand Dollars. Since then, the Edition has been ceramic w/ the perks found on the stainless steel models, and somewhere around $1300. Still ridiculously priced, but at least the gray ceramic this year looks awesome.

I dunno, I think the gray ceramic looks like a crayola crayon. The white one I kind of like, but I think the SBSS looks waaaaaaay better than the gray ceramic. To each their own however.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Smashing Link posted:

There are about 10 different knockoff brands that I can see -- which one do you recommend?

This is the one I bought: http://amzn.to/2fRX9I4 Looks great and the cheapest band I've purchased. I really wanted something metal so I don't have to worry about getting it wet while I do dishes or out in the rain.

If you're curious about the other bands I have, I have been wearing Monowear Deployant at work. The leather is really nice and looks real sharp. I've had it since December and it's starting to show it's wear but it's held up fine. Now it has more of an aged looked, just what leather does. The clasp is secure, at no point do I feel like it's going to pop off. I will probably replace it with a black band with stainless hardware since I'm going from space grey to SS.

When I'm not at work I like wearing my thick leather biker looking band. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1178191834 I think that one might be out but if anyone is looking for a similar style, there are a few. The guy's stuff is high quality and very durable, and like $30 to boot. I feel like I'm ripping him off, I would have paid much more for it.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

enojy posted:

Series 0 wasn't plated, it was solid gold.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

I've been looking around Amazon and not seeing anything yet, but are there any knockoff Sport Loops anywhere yet?

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

Glazier posted:

Series 0 wasn't plated, it was solid gold.

And now it's loving useless.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

How close are we to getting those charging bands that were talked about before the new watch came out?

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

shadowvine118 posted:

How close are we to getting those charging bands that were talked about before the new watch came out?

lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What will I lose if I do a full restore on my watch and set it up as new? Just stuff that was on the watch, right? I won't lose health data from the past 2 years or anything?

Twitter has removed their Apple Watch app. I hope it's just temporary. It's my most used 3rd party watch app since I hate myself and want to stay up to date with what the god awful president is doing now.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 27, 2017

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
Apple Watch is supposed to set you free not keep you more tethered hth

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Not sure about everything, but you won’t lose your health data, that’s tied to your phone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I got a nylon loop today. It's quite nice, but does kind of look like you're wearing velcro.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Haggins posted:

This is the one I bought: http://amzn.to/2fRX9I4 Looks great and the cheapest band I've purchased. I really wanted something metal so I don't have to worry about getting it wet while I do dishes or out in the rain.

If you're curious about the other bands I have, I have been wearing Monowear Deployant at work. The leather is really nice and looks real sharp. I've had it since December and it's starting to show it's wear but it's held up fine. Now it has more of an aged looked, just what leather does. The clasp is secure, at no point do I feel like it's going to pop off. I will probably replace it with a black band with stainless hardware since I'm going from space grey to SS.

When I'm not at work I like wearing my thick leather biker looking band. https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1178191834 I think that one might be out but if anyone is looking for a similar style, there are a few. The guy's stuff is high quality and very durable, and like $30 to boot. I feel like I'm ripping him off, I would have paid much more for it.

Thanks. The Milanese loop style looks very comfortable and I need something for work that isn't rubber.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Looks like 4.1 will fix everyone's issues with Music. https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/27/watchos-4-1-music-streaming-radio-app/

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nice.

FYI my Series 2 was at 80% after a full day of use today, so if you're having low battery issues, maybe it's the Siri face.

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon
Is there a way to add workout types to the new Workout app on the watch? There used to be a bunch more options under Other, but now it just seems to have the basic ones, plus a few of the 'Other' workouts that I had used most recently before upgrading. It's weird. I found a place in Settings to remove workout types from the app but can't find a place to add them.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
I've been running with a playlist I downloaded to my S3 but the song volumes are all jacked. Does Sound Check not carry over/work on the watch? I have it turned on in iTunes.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
I hve a new S3 LTE paired with my iPhone but I’m not sure I want it (ATT)

Can I just knock it back to factory settings and paid it with my wife’s phone? Would I have to go thru number sync again?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

SeANMcBAY posted:

What will I lose if I do a full restore on my watch and set it up as new? Just stuff that was on the watch, right? I won't lose health data from the past 2 years or anything?

Twitter has removed their Apple Watch app. I hope it's just temporary. It's my most used 3rd party watch app since I hate myself and want to stay up to date with what the god awful president is doing now.

I can never get the twitter app to work on my 2, if I click on a tweet notification, I get taken to timeline/trending and never to anything useful. Hopefully they are just going to fix it and release.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

No confirmation you can browse your iPhone music on the watch like before so you're a liar.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Anya posted:

I can never get the twitter app to work on my 2, if I click on a tweet notification, I get taken to timeline/trending and never to anything useful. Hopefully they are just going to fix it and release.

Yeah the app has always been garbage on the phone. Don't miss it a bit.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

I kinda wish I could just pair my watch with an LTE iPad. Ditch the phone entirely.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The flashlight in os4 doesn't seem terribly useful although it does reveal that I have a shitload of burn in on my screen.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Haggins posted:

I kinda wish I could just pair my watch with an LTE iPad. Ditch the phone entirely.

I've thought the same thing. Too many iDevices. Hopefully in a few years we'll get an iPad that can be docked to a monitor and keyboard and has a more full-featured OS to replace desktop and laptop devices.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

So I have been wearing a fitbit for a couple years now and I can get a free Series 1 Apple Watch through a work rewards program. Is it a terrible idea to get a Series 1?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

god this blows posted:

So I have been wearing a fitbit for a couple years now and I can get a free Series 1 Apple Watch through a work rewards program. Is it a terrible idea to get a Series 1?

Not at all.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

Not at all.

How bad is the battery life on these things? I have the Alta HR which gets about a week and I know I won't get anything like that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The flashlight in os4 doesn't seem terribly useful although it does reveal that I have a shitload of burn in on my screen.

It's surprisingly useful. I tried it when I needed to put power steering fluid in my car last night and worked better than expected.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

god this blows posted:

How bad is the battery life on these things? I have the Alta HR which gets about a week and I know I won't get anything like that.

Charge it every night and you'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

god this blows posted:

How bad is the battery life on these things?
Safely more than a full day, probably not two full days is a safe estimate. Or 30-40 hours.

• Locked thread