Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

I was going to say that this looks exactly like one of the conference rooms in the Old Post Office Building, but then I googled and remembered that Trump's lease on the building was allowed to go through and it's now the Trump International Hotel.

And, as President, Trump is his own landlord.

I actually completely forgot that this happened and it is still hilarious that a law as clear as "Public Officials can't have the government lease them public property" was just sidelined.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I believe boxing faced a decline thanks to competition from UFC, MMA and similar, which has the benefit of both looking more violent like the audience wants while actually being safer and resulting in less injuries.

boxing declined before the rise of mma, mma is just filling the vacuum of serious punch sports on television since the only thing you regularly can see is wrestling which isn't quite so serious

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

That flag stands for FREEDOM and LIBERTY. Which means, of course a mechanical duty so rigid it should have the greatest punishment possible for deviation. And home of the brave too.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Knowing the area i am not at all surprised.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

boner confessor posted:

haha the professional bull riding circuit also has a page for the bulls and collects stats on them, in case you needed to see another example of the importance of educating potential viewers as to who the hell your athletes even are

http://www.pbr.com/en/bulls.aspx
I find this both extremely funny and weirdly charming. Also, the names are great: a cross between like, angsty metal songs and Western/country references. Filthy Animal! Dusty's Revenge! Shattered Dreams!

I wonder if they have bull trading cards? God knows there's trading cards for everything else under the sun.

Edit: they do :lol:

Kale
May 14, 2010

try the new taco place posted:

And right after that, POTUS is lying on Fox & Friends directly, instead of tweeting replies to their stories.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/913383047822749696

So unfair, the most unfair one sided Tax Deal in History. Highest tax rate in the world, fix it McConnell! Obama Bad!

I've just kind of determined that he doesn't give a poo poo if he lies his rear end off for the sake of pandering to his base and feeding them what they want to hear while everyone else goes "WTF" or just laughs at him so it's going to be this way for his entire presidency. We've had at least 5 most unfair deals or systems that America has entered into simultaneously this year because each one needs to be brought up at the time it's relevant and stated to be as such for the sake of his base.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Plus, all the rest of us are being replaced by automation, why not our sports heroes?

There's a cool robotics thing I remember reading about where they're planning on having a robot football team play the winners of the 2050 world cup

they have a long way to go though

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status/913455697987334144

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Zero_Grade posted:

I find this both extremely funny and weirdly charming. Also, the names are great: a cross between like, angsty metal songs and Western/country references. Filthy Animal! Dusty's Revenge! Shattered Dreams!

I wonder if they have bull trading cards? God knows there's trading cards for everything else under the sun.

Edit: they do :lol:

Heh, that is actually fairly metal. :devil:

Excepting Beans & Cornbread. :shobon:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Replace the human players with robots.

It's been done.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lote posted:

They're LoG caBin republicans. There's no T in it.
wait holy loving poo poo is that where the name came from

Learn something new every day in D&D

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Easy couple of million for any teenager willing to take a knee.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Take a knee to go to college debt-free!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

DACK FAYDEN posted:

wait holy loving poo poo is that where the name came from

Learn something new every day in D&D

No they wanted to name themselves the Lincoln something another but it was taken so they picked a different Lincoln thing.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

I expect nothing less from my retarded state. Anything that could been seen as anti-government or, heaven forbid, loving with football will be quickly silenced.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Randbrick posted:

Every person I've ever met who cared about boxing was a white collar man aged 25 to 40.

But that might just be more related to my life than boxing.

Its still really popular in a lot of latino communities

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

It's been done.

My baller status is also cool.

TheMadMilkman posted:

Easy couple of million for any teenager willing to take a knee.

I'm not certain "good ole boy" Southern judges would appreciate the pro-1st Amendment argument...

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Pembroke Fuse posted:

What exactly do they tout as accomplishments in the area of LGBT rights?

He's not as homophobic as ISIS or Roy Moore.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

EngineerJoe posted:

There are two solutions:

1. Reduce the speed and mass of the players.
2. Use less safety equipment (people who feel less safe will take less risks)

I leave it as an exercise to the reader to figure out how to implement this.

#1 already exists (reduced mass only): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_football

quote:

In sprint football, players must maintain a weight of 178 lb (81 kg) or less and a minimum of 5% body fat to be eligible to play. The end result of these weight restrictions is that, unlike conventional collegiate football which places a premium on body weight and strength, sprint football emphasizes speed and agility.

I've been to a game, it's fun.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

BarbarianElephant posted:

C'mon now, don't lump ISIS in with that loon Moore.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Bicyclops posted:

Plus, all the rest of us are being replaced by automation, why not our sports heroes?

I can't wait to see the day my grandkids gather in front of the tv to watch LinebackerBot 500 crush his opponents.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

cochise posted:

I expect nothing less from my retarded state. Anything that could been seen as anti-government or, heaven forbid, loving with football will be quickly silenced.

What's their plan if enough students protest that expelling them all would kill the season?

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

haveblue posted:

What's their plan if enough students protest that expelling them all would kill the season?

If that comes even close to happen expect death threats to the players.

Jaxyon fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 28, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Your Taint posted:

I can't wait to see the day my grandkids gather in front of the tv to watch LinebackerBot 500 crush his opponents.

"Back in my day, the 15 foot tall football robots ran on diesel, these electric ones nowadays just don't have any character to them"

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

I think the ACLU just got a boner.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Pembroke Fuse posted:

What exactly do they tout as accomplishments in the area of LGBT rights?

He merely doesn't care about LGBT people, instead of actively despising them like most of the party.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

BarbarianElephant posted:

The Log Cabin Republican slideshow celebrating Trump's inauguration was literally - and I am not missing anything, this is 100% of the things on the list - a bunch of pictures of him standing near famous gay people from his days in show business and a bullet point list of "achievements" that consisted of:

- Plan to defeat ISIS, a group which executes gays and lesbians.
- Said that marriage equality was "settled law."
- Held an LGBT pride flag for a photo.
- Paid the salaries and created jobs for thousands of gay and lesbian Americans.
- Said that gays should be able to serve in the military in 1998 (but then was for DADT in 2010. This wasn't included on the list.)
- Reform our immigration system to reward those who follow the rules (not sure how this was LGBT related, but they included it)

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

"Back in my day, the 15 foot tall football robots ran on diesel, these electric ones nowadays just don't have any character to them"

Mech augs suck, nano augs are better.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Your Taint posted:

Everybody knows that LBBOT500 has been downloading performance enhancing applets.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PhazonLink posted:

Mech augs suck, nano augs are better.

nano augs have unfair skul gun :mad:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

You do you, LA.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

It amazes me that the Log Cabin Republicans still exist.

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Dick Trauma posted:

Bring back the Procap!

And everyone loves a graph...

Who's the 300lb NHL player?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ActorAaronBooth/status/913465056851038208

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

boner confessor posted:

boxing declined before the rise of mma, mma is just filling the vacuum of serious punch sports on television since the only thing you regularly can see is wrestling which isn't quite so serious

Before MMA blew up, the biggest problem with boxing was the lack of entertaining heavyweights, and that division is still a dumpster fire. Today, I'm one of the anecdotal datapoints of MMA taking former boxing fans, I used to watch boxing all the time during the 90's, but now MMA is the only combat sport I watch. Boxing now looks like an absurd, limited sport to me that is only a little more legitimate than the WWE.

Randbrick
Sep 28, 2002
The authoritarianism is just so blatant, jesus, like a prog rock opera.

It's so easy to roll your eyes at the atheist kid who doesn't want to do the daily flag worship you overlook these people using force of law to impel black children to stand up and sit down on command in relation to a ritual act of worship for their loving flag.

But like everything flag related it isn't about the stupid cloth, it's about controlling the expression and public political acts of black kids. It's just right there. I feel like this should have been clearer than it was previously, because it's just right the hell there.

Kale
May 14, 2010

PT6A posted:

Huh, I'm very uninformed about ballet so I didn't know that. Interesting.

It basically requires you to be skinny as gently caress and perform feats like standing on your tip toes quiet often as well as acrobatics and trust falls with partners among other really uncomfortable types of posture. All of them seem like a nice healthy combination for broken bones and health problems. People like to associate it with dainty femininity which is moderately fair but that doesn't make it easy by any stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IMkjt1-A3M

Also gonna do the Canadian thing and say people could play hockey. In reality there are no safe sports. Hockey is loving ridiculous though with people getting crushed up against the boards, cut by skates, whacked in the face by errant sticks and pucks of vulcanized rubber being fired at you at velocities of over 100 Kph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdkPZrGL21I

Also this poo poo happened to the captain of my favorite NHL team a while back. Again have fun with that.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Sep 28, 2017

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It amazes me that the Log Cabin Republicans still exist.

White/Male/Money supercedes who you bone.

See: Peter Thiel

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Rigel posted:

Before MMA blew up, the biggest problem with boxing was the lack of entertaining heavyweights, and that division is still a dumpster fire. Today, I'm one of the anecdotal datapoints of MMA taking former boxing fans, I used to watch boxing all the time during the 90's, but now MMA is the only combat sport I watch. Boxing now looks like an absurd, limited sport to me that is only a little more legitimate than the WWE.

Plus the awful boxing judging that pisses people off (though I imagine MMA judging isn't great either)

Looking at you, Adalaide Byrd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Drone posted:

but what about the taco salad at Trump Tower #vivamexico #ilovemexico

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/728297587418247168?lang=en

Edit: I never really noticed it before but Trump's office is cluttered with so much loving poo poo

That's because as an ego obsessed idiot he has to have all his "accomplishments" on display.

And as the review said, the TT taco bowl was the only edible thing they got, and that was just barely. The pictures looked like someone ate a Taco Bell taco bowl and vomited it into a new shell

• Locked thread