Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I think Plague Lords of Ruel was my favorite; it struck a pretty good balance between Kai Lord ain't nothin' to gently caress with and YLAYQEH, even that late in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
What does YLAYQEH stand for? Google got me no results (in other news, I just saw a group of ominous horsemen ride by).

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

achtungnight posted:

What does YLAYQEH stand for? Google got me no results (in other news, I just saw a group of ominous horsemen ride by).

Your Life And Your Quest End Here

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Ah, I should have guessed. :laugh:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Caverns of Kalte posted:

As you lower the lever, a stone door slides across and seals off the rubbish-strewn chamber. When you raise the lever, the stone door slides open once again.

Healing: +1 EP (30/30).

After ten minutes of searching the room, you discover an old fur Backpack and a long coil of Rope. You may take the Backpack only if you do not already wear one. The Rope counts as two Backpack Items, as it takes up extra space.

Finally satisfied that there is nothing else of value in this junk-filled room, you leave and continue your exploration along the east passage.

You soon reach the bottom of a flight of broad stone steps that ascends northwards to a landing, thirty feet above. The centre of each step has been worn smooth by the feet of the countless creatures that once inhabited the lower levels of cold Ikaya. As you climb, you wonder how long you will remain undetected. So far you have neither seen nor heard any other living soul in these deserted passages.

You have the element of surprise on your side; you now pray that Vonotar is unprepared for an intruder from the depths of his own fortress. You reach the landing and pass through an empty hall, towards a darkened archway beyond. Here, the passage splits and branches off towards the east and west. You are hungry and must now eat a Meal or lose 3 ENDURANCE points.
We have two spare spaces in our backpack, so we can take the rope without dropping anything, or leave it here as we please.

We have three ordinary meals (I'm again ruling that there's nothing to hunt here) so we can eat one if we want or go hungry.

And then we can either go east or west.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Take the rope, eat a meal, go west

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Eat the rope, take the meal, and head left east.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

achtungnight posted:

I agree.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

West is best

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Loot, eat, go west, that's kind of left right?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

achtungnight posted:

All of this. Also, west is to the left on north-facing maps, so it works out.

Kangra posted:

EAST IS NOT LEFT.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ulmont posted:

EAST IS NOT LEFT.
It is if you're facing south. :shrug:

Kangra posted:

The rope is tough to chew and tastes terrible.

You walk along the passage for several minutes until it takes a left turn. To your dismay, you see that a huge fissure has opened, destroying most of the walls and floor of this new passage. The gaping hole is dark and wide.

A M’lare bowl hangs from the ceiling directly above the fissure.

We could attempt to hook the bowl with our rope and use it to swing across, or we could go back and take the western passage.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

West remains best

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

West!

Let's make sure to pick up every bit of loot in this place.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Make like Luke Skywalker and use our Rope. Carrie Fisher's ghost can kiss us for luck. :)

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Swing, what can go wrong?

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I see no reason we wouldn't want to swing from the light bowl containing an enslaved demon.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Tiggum posted:

We could attempt to hook the bowl with our rope and use it to swing across

Sure, swing.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

ulmont posted:

Sure, swing.
OOOoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOoooOOooOOOOOo

The bowl creaks and splinters of stone fall from the ceiling as you swing across the black fissure, but you are lucky; the Rope holds and you land safely on the other side. With a flick of your wrist you retrieve the Rope and set off along the passage.

You have gone only a few yards when you notice an arched stone door to your left, adorned with strange carvings. These carvings depict hundreds of skeletons entwined around smooth blocks of stone. To the side of the door you see that a lever in the wall is raised.

Pull the lever to open the door, or continue down the corridor?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

Tiggum posted:

Pull the lever to open the door

There may be loot!

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Pull the lever!

If a giant crocodile appears, scream ‘Wrong lever!’, then wonder why the Ice Barbarians even have such a lever.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Lever, skeletons, giant blocks of stone. I'm thinking crushing trap.
Pull the lever, let's see if we can trigger it before we tread on the hidden switch.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Pull the lever, Wolf!

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Mikl posted:

Pull the lever, Wolf!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKu5qgZOn-M

But yes, pull the lever.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The stone door grinds open to reveal a small, dimly lit chamber. A black monolith, eight feet high, stands directly in front of you. It is covered with strange symbols. You advance to get a clearer look, when the door suddenly begins to close behind you. There is no lever inside this chamber.

Try to dive through the door before it closes, or just let it close and continue to investigate this room?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Continue investigation. If we die, we dive.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Investigate this room and loot everything. I'm sure any ancient curse will have worn off by now!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Investigate.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

The door crashes shut, sealing the exit to the passage outside. Gradually you become aware of a vibration in the floor; but it lasts for only a few seconds and is followed by a dull click. Your gaze is drawn back to the black monolith. A crack has appeared in its surface. It runs the entire circumference of the slab and it is getting wider and wider.
Draw our sword and get ready to fight, or cower in a corner and hide under our cloak?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Hide.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Hide

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Hide, just so that camouflage gets put to use.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

If I know anything about monoliths, there's a 1 in 3 chance they will teach you Weaponskill. So let's draw our sword to get ready for instruction.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
If there’s a monster, better to fight.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fight the mon

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Fighting often leads to loot.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Bad choice, I'm afraid.

The monolith suddenly explodes, sending hundreds of razor-sharp shards screaming through the air. You are pierced by the stone shrapnel and thrown to the far wall by the sheer force of the blast. You lose 10 ENDURANCE points.

Endurance: 20/30.

You are bleeding very badly from a wound in your right leg. It seems as if the flow of blood will never stop, so you tie a makeshift tourniquet around your thigh. You stagger to your feet and survey the damaged chamber.

The monolith must have been designed to guard against or ensnare trespassers. A powerful glyph, which is a spell of explosive power, was obviously placed on it long ago.

You notice a panel in the north wall has opened to reveal a darkened exit from this chamber.

Healing: +1 EP (21/30).
We've suffered for it, but there is now a way forward from here. We could go north or we could try to open the door leading back the way we came.

Also remember that we can use our laumspur to heal 3, 4 or 5 Endurance at any time except during combat.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Go North and loot now the trap is disarmed

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

North.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014