Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

McDragon posted:

Well I got to R60. Didn't really get Lineages, but there was an interesting sounding build. I had 2000 assistants. Now I have 50,000+. Not gonna pretend I get them yet, but holy poo poo, Lineages are amazing.

Undead lineage is one of the single most powerful upgrades in the entire game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

ungulateman posted:

the news ticker has gems of wisdom like

"In the end, it doesn't antimatter"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Antimatter: how do you do the Zero Deaths achievement in a reasonable amount of time? I'm at the point where I could break infinity, and it's placement seems to indicate you can do it before that, but even in challenge 3 (which seems like it should actually make it easier) my progress almost immediately slowed to a crawl and I'm only 25% of the way to infinity.

EDIT: Okay, I gave up and tried breaking infinity and I'm having a hard time telling what it actually does. My IP income immediately increased from 16 to 30, which is nice, but I'm not sure what "cost multipliers post-infinity will begin increasing faster" means.

EDIT2: Okay, I get it. And now autobuying galaxies has a use again.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 26, 2017

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
It's supposed to take around ~20 hours so just leave it overnight or whatever.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Didn't see it mentioned here: Trimps 4.5 was released today.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

In ItRtG, I just killed Tyrant Overlord Baal for the first time...

What now?

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Klungar posted:

What now?

Push forward to get more p. baal kills for pets, reset and do a single Ultimate Baal Challenge to unlock the crystal factory feature (since you won't miss your GP purchases as much right now), start on DRC challenges?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
If you're ever going to do an Ultimate Arty run, do it now.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

If you're ever going to do an Ultimate Arty run, do it now.

The wiki says I should do an UBC first to unlock Crystals before I do UAC, does that sound right?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Don't actually do a UAC unless you want to barely touch the game for a few weeks. The game itself tells you not to do it for a reason.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 28, 2017

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Klungar posted:

What now?

Read this and decide:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701036862

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Sindai posted:

Don't actually do a UAC unless you want to barely touch the game for a few weeks. The game itself tells you not to do it for a reason.

Yeah, the consensus I was told is "UAC should either be the first thing you do, or the last." Plus they've since added a couple challenges where the rewards make UAC easier (AAC for one), so I'd wait until you're otherwise out of content.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Didn't see it mentioned here: Trimps 4.5 was released today.

Anything interesting? I stopped playing when I was at the magma post game where you basically automated everything as though you were using autotrimps without using it making it pretty boring overall.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
When does more stuff unlock in Antimatter Idle? I got 80 of the 8th dimension and bought an antimatter galaxy and the tick speed boost is barely noticeable. Now i am back to 80 8th dim but this time 140 are needed to get a galaxy which is going to take a lot longer than the first. No other features has unlocked so im getting bored with this one.

korora
Sep 3, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

When does more stuff unlock in Antimatter Idle? I got 80 of the 8th dimension and bought an antimatter galaxy and the tick speed boost is barely noticeable. Now i am back to 80 8th dim but this time 140 are needed to get a galaxy which is going to take a lot longer than the first. No other features has unlocked so im getting bored with this one.

After you get to infinity. Getting a galaxy increases the tickspeed reduction per upgrade, which is compounding, so it ends up speeding things up quite a lot once you get past the first few soft resets after a galaxy. You'll probably need a second galaxy to get to infinity but it goes pretty fast after you get the second one.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

pixaal posted:

Anything interesting? I stopped playing when I was at the magma post game where you basically automated everything as though you were using autotrimps without using it making it pretty boring overall.

3 new tiers of mastery, spires every 100 zones past 200, new achievements, and a new reward for beating spires -- you skip 5% of your highest level ever after portalling (with all of the same rewards, so it's a straight up efficiency boost).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

korora posted:

After you get to infinity. Getting a galaxy increases the tickspeed reduction per upgrade, which is compounding, so it ends up speeding things up quite a lot once you get past the first few soft resets after a galaxy. You'll probably need a second galaxy to get to infinity but it goes pretty fast after you get the second one.

Huh, is there some way to get rid of your galaxies, then? Because there's an achievement for going infinite with only one.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
When you reach infinity everything resets and you get an infinity point to spend on upgrades. A bunch of the early upgrades are only one point so things start to accelerate pretty quickly.

EDIT: Also an important point: unless an upgrade specifies which dimension it applies to it multiplies every dimension.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 28, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sindai posted:

When you reach infinity everything resets and you get an infinity point to spend on upgrades. A bunch of the early upgrades are priced at one point so things start to accelerate pretty quickly.

Ah, that makes sense. Guess I'll stop dicking around avoiding my second galaxy then.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I've been assuming Challenges unlock at some point around then too, is that wrong?

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I've been assuming Challenges unlock at some point around then too, is that wrong?

No, you're correct. Challenges unlock when you complete your first infinity.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
I just hit magma (Z230) in Trimps, and I'm wondering what my best option is now -- should I keep doing helium-per-hour runs with Corruption that top out around Z210 and ~10 million helium-per-hour, or should I push into Magma and start collecting magmite and more dark essence? I have around 1 billion helium and I just did the Deathless feat, although Deathless took a few hours and "cheating" with Bionic Wonderland 215.

For masteries, I have:

Portal Generator, Bounty Hunter, Home Detector, Turkimp Tamer I
Metallic Coat, Headstart I, Foremany
Headstart II

Map Reducer is my next buy, then double build, then TurkImp Tamer II.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Thanks, this helps. Looks like I need to do some more regular runs to build up GP to get to some base levels of CS/BS/CC before I start any of these.

On another ItRtG note, I got a Pet Token out of a Daily Draw, and grabbed the Robot pet :aaaaa: I've not done any pet campaigns so far, but it seems like I should probably start doing them now. Any similar guides as to how to tackle those?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If a run is going to be over 3 hours, do a food campaign (that's how long it takes pets to get hungry enough to eat at all), if shorter than that, do growth campaigns. Repeat for a few months until your other pets actually become useful.

Robot has high enough starting growth that you can get like 600% bonuses from training it for just a few minutes, so don't forget about that when you're close to beating one more god.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I started an UAC run and I didn't have any of the crystals or anything unlocked that helps move it along so now I'm sitting here not able to 'play' for a while.... :(

At least it's 20x speedhackable on nox

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Garfu posted:

I started an UAC run and I didn't have any of the crystals or anything unlocked that helps move it along so now I'm sitting here not able to 'play' for a while.... :(

At least it's 20x speedhackable on nox

I don't think crystals help UAC. I had all sorts of stuff and it's slow as hell.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

I just created my first divinity generator in itrtg. I don't really get what's going on? Its just a recycler to convert creations back into divinity?

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
At the basic level, yes but you're missing the key ingredient here: it converts it back into divinity starting at double the cost of the creation put into it. So say rocks take 4 divinity to create, the divinity generator will give you 8 when its processed. And you can upgrade it to run faster, to hold more, and to multiply the amount of divinity returned.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Klungar posted:

Thanks, this helps. Looks like I need to do some more regular runs to build up GP to get to some base levels of CS/BS/CC before I start any of these.

On another ItRtG note, I got a Pet Token out of a Daily Draw, and grabbed the Robot pet :aaaaa: I've not done any pet campaigns so far, but it seems like I should probably start doing them now. Any similar guides as to how to tackle those?

Pet campaigns are mostly useful on longer runs because you need the pets ranked up before they start to bring in the goods (and in some challenges pets are kinda disabled). If I bother I tend to do longer ones (over 6 hours) and in large groups - so 4+ pets per campaign (I have 14 pets).

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING
In "Antimatter Dimensions" (why am I still playing this game?), are the Challenges replayable or are they locked after completion? I notice there are achievements related to them so I don't want to take them on too soon if I won't be able to take another pass at completing the achievement.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Ignoranus posted:

In "Antimatter Dimensions" (why am I still playing this game?), are the Challenges replayable or are they locked after completion? I notice there are achievements related to them so I don't want to take them on too soon if I won't be able to take another pass at completing the achievement.

You can always replay them by selecting them again.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Is this all I have to do in antimatter dimensions?

"window.setInterval(1000,function(){maxall.click();})"

That's all I feel like I'm doing. Just click maxall every second.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

drat, ItRtG can be a long haul sometimes. If my calculations are right, I should be one-capped in all my skills by about... November 6th? With no viable way to speed it up that I know of. Just patiently wait for the caps to drop by 480 per day from auto-fights.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Goon Danton posted:

drat, ItRtG can be a long haul sometimes. If my calculations are right, I should be one-capped in all my skills by about... November 6th? With no viable way to speed it up that I know of. Just patiently wait for the caps to drop by 480 per day from auto-fights.

You could do manual fights all day long, or AHK it.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Goon Danton posted:

The 300% "creation speed boost" from offline time and ad point spending also applies to auto-training. It's 3:1 offline time:boost time up to a cap of 3 hours of boost (for 9 hours of offline time).

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Sibling of TB posted:

Is this all I have to do in antimatter dimensions?

"window.setInterval(1000,function(){maxall.click();})"

That's all I feel like I'm doing. Just click maxall every second.

Not even that much, you eventually get auto buyers.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You could do manual fights all day long, or AHK it.

I considered doing an ahk thing, but I'm not sure how much that could help. All of the skills I have left are 15-25 sec cooldowns, so maybe. I'd need to figure out what the longest fight you can do is. Shadow clones? Throw the heal skill in the rotation I guess.

Ignoranus posted:

The 300% "creation speed boost" from offline time and ad point spending also applies to auto-training. It's 3:1 offline time:boost time up to a cap of 3 hours of boost (for 9 hours of offline time).

Does the "skill use to reduce the cap" offline thing plus the boost end up being a net gain vs. just leaving it running?

Also I don't think I can do ad points. I'm playing the steam version since the version on Kong screws with the sound on my computer for some reason.

Ignoranus
Jun 3, 2006

HAPPY MORNING

Goon Danton posted:

I considered doing an ahk thing, but I'm not sure how much that could help. All of the skills I have left are 15-25 sec cooldowns, so maybe. I'd need to figure out what the longest fight you can do is. Shadow clones? Throw the heal skill in the rotation I guess.

I think AHK supports checking the color of spots on the screen, so you could actually use it to automatically start a new fight when the old one ends, too, probably.

Goon Danton posted:

Does the "skill use to reduce the cap" offline thing plus the boost end up being a net gain vs. just leaving it running?

Also I don't think I can do ad points. I'm playing the steam version since the version on Kong screws with the sound on my computer for some reason.

I'm not sure if it's a net gain or not. It's not clear to me if the reduction while offline happens at full speed or at a penalty or what. You can also get ad points on the mobile version of the game and the saves do sync, if you wanted to go that way.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Goon Danton posted:

I don't think one-capping the last few skills is that helpful except for UBC and 1k clone challenges, and you won't be ready for those until then anyway.

Long before that point you'll have enough clones that maxing training no longer hurts your building significantly.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I found a neat little game that's kinda/sorta idle that I'm liking. It's called Steampunk Idle Spinner: Cogwheels and Machines. You start out with a single cogwheel, connected to a machine that creates and collects coins. You manually spin that cogwheel, coins are collected, and eventually you have enough coins to add more cogwheels to the chain. Each cogwheel is a 2:1 ratio one, so a new one makes the previous one spin faster. You can also buy engines that spin the cogwheels for you. Eventually, new things are added to make your machine more complicated and coin-generating.

It's not perfect. The cost for things compared to your income starts out high and gets drastic, and none of the active mechanics (things popping up, clicking on coins) really help out. It's allieviated slightly if you watch a ton of ads, but not by much. It's very much a game that you play for ten seconds at a time and wait a few hours to play again, but it's oddly fun to make a custom-made giant machine that generates coins.