Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/913475444841652224

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

remember that short when jerry rigged up the freezer to freeze the entire house and ice skated around being chased by tom. that was ome good poo poo. half the reason to watch tom and jerry is to see old poo poo like iceboxes and those wires inside the mouse hole that were curled around a round thing what were those supposed to be anyway old fuses? but they weren't in a distribution/breaker box or anything just righ tint he wall where that cat could grab accidentally thinking it was jerry and get shocked haha what a lark

It's a knob in knob &tube wiring, a type of wiring that mainly relies on an air gap to avoid shorts lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

sherlock holmes is a pretty good dude most of the time

sherlock cumberbatch is a complete shithead that is the opposite of a compelling protagonist

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

the bitcoin of weed posted:

lots of people still think walter white was heroic

35-40% of americans think donald trump is the greatest president we've ever had

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Rick is very clearly meant to be at best, not a good guy. I mean, the first episode ends by presenting the idea of adventures with him as a horrifying threat. House and Sherlock are definitely supposed to be flawed heroes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnTYOxiaasA

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Addamere posted:

thats not what im arguing tho im arguing that rick is a shithead and so is house and so is sherlock and so is bojack and so is every other unambiguous antihero or insufferable genius like dude the wort anti is in the title antihero and the word insufferable is right there in insufferable genius how and why do people just ignore that and be like herpa derpa i wanna be just like [television shithead]

trump

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Duscat posted:

this was already a problem under obama, arrests were going up but the courts weren't funded to deal with them, so people wait for years before they get in front of a judge

the lucky ones get to wait it out outside, the unlucky ones don't, and so we get situations like 20 dudes sleeping on a concrete floor with 10 emergency blankets between them

preeetty much

like some county jails are so bad that if you aren't part of a gang you bet your rear end you'll be joining one once you get sent in and aren't rich enough to post bail

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Agrajag posted:

preeetty much

like some county jails are so bad that if you aren't part of a gang you bet your rear end you'll be joining one once you get sent in and aren't rich enough to post bail

gangs are just jail unions if u think about it

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

sherlock holmes is a pretty good dude most of the time

sherlock cumberbatch is a complete shithead that is the opposite of a compelling protagonist

but its modern~

the questionable protagonist is golden tv

just like trump you see

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i think donald trump is the biggest president we've ever had :hai:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Rah! posted:

trump weighs as much as a horse, is really dumb, is easily manipulated, easily frightened, pisses on himself, and likes sugar cubes

he basically is a horse, why do u think Pence signed on

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Rick is very clearly meant to be at best, not a good guy. I mean, the first episode ends by presenting the idea of adventures with him as a horrifying threat. House and Sherlock are definitely supposed to be flawed heroes.

the show explicitly states rich isnt a hero, but "more like a demon, or a really hosed-up god"

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Let's not argue about a $2 trillion increase in deficit.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

literally the spot where the president of the confederacy was caught hiding out like a rat, wearing women's clothes, planning to sail for england is immortalised thus:

We're simply never going to get over the Lost Cause bullshit until we burn down the South again.

edit: plus Ohio.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

but its modern~

the questionable protagonist is golden tv

just like trump you see

tromp... good??? :catstare:

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

get this: benedick cumberbad

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

alnilam posted:

It's a knob in knob &tube wiring, a type of wiring that mainly relies on an air gap to avoid shorts lol

holy poo poo you are awesome. never knew what they were supposed to be and never could figure out the words to google it

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Reporter: won't people be concerned that this will be a give away to people like Trump?

Cohn: nah cause middle class Americans won't care if they couple extra bucks in their pockets.

Reporter: can you even guarantee that all middle class Americans get a tax cut?

Cohn: lol no.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

He's the president all Americans deserve :911:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Schnorkles posted:

i think donald trump is the biggest president we've ever had :hai:

Taft at his heaviest proooooobably still has him beat.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

what a stupid show

just to be clear, I agree with you that they're all terrible people. But if you think Rick is an admirable hero, you're a moron who doesn't even understand the very clearly presented message of the show. If you think House is an admirable hero, you're taking the shows presentation of him at face value.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

MAGA Warlord posted:

Not many people have the balls to make fun of a shooting victim

that would be a dick move

Lol get it, dick "move" because his dick got shot off lmbo

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Al! posted:

35-40% of americans think donald trump is the greatest president we've ever had

fair point

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

what about catlicks?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Yinlock posted:

gangs are just jail unions if u think about it

management literally loving me in the rear end plz send halp

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Baloogan posted:

princess princible is p loving good (no spoilers plz)

shes not a princess

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/internetofshit/status/913477248912461825

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guy Goodbody posted:

what a stupid show

just to be clear, I agree with you that they're all terrible people. But if you think Rick is an admirable hero, you're a moron who doesn't even understand the very clearly presented message of the show. If you think House is an admirable hero, you're taking the shows presentation of him at face value.

the shows presentation of dr gregory house is a racist sexist drug addict with no apparent morals against stealing or plagiarizing or holding petty grudges who is overtly mean and belittling to everyone he meets

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Yinlock posted:

the show explicitly states rich isnt a hero, but "more like a demon, or a really hosed-up god"

typo but this post also refers to richie rich now

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/ShaunKing/status/913476839913467904

i sincerely hope they keep doing this and it wasn't just a one off pat on the back feel good moment

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Rah! posted:

that would be a dick move

Lol get it, dick "move" because his dick got shot off lmbo

his dick moved to the garbage along with his rear end n balls rofl

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Addamere posted:

thats not what im arguing tho im arguing that rick is a shithead and so is house and so is sherlock and so is bojack and so is every other unambiguous antihero or insufferable genius like dude the wort anti is in the title antihero and the word insufferable is right there in insufferable genius how and why do people just ignore that and be like herpa derpa i wanna be just like [television shithead]

the worst anti

is antifa

:911:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Addamere posted:

the shows presentation of dr gregory house is a racist sexist drug addict with no apparent morals against stealing or plagiarizing or holding petty grudges who is overtly mean and belittling to everyone he meets

but goddamnit he gets the job doen and always save the patient when nobody else could

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat posted:

the worst anti

is antifa

:911:

cant find the image of antifa lockhart but thats my response

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

makes u wonder if just cspam is deranged and everone but us is normal

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm anti antifa or, for short, just fasc....

No that doesn't work

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lastgirl posted:

i sincerely hope they keep doing this and it wasn't just a one off pat on the back feel good moment

they'll keep doing it until everyone kinda forgets about it because something else is going on

remember the congressional dem's sit-in on gun control after the pulse shooting? there was the police shooting in dallas and everyone kinda forgot about it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/juliehdavis/status/913478357509070848

lmao they don't even have a bill

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I think Hiro Protagonist of Snow Crash is actually an antagonist [1/45]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching