Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Azram Legion posted:

If the modding is still easy to do in 5
It is exactly the same more or less and most of it still works fine even in the beta.

There'll be some new commands, and some old unit and spell IDs that have changed, but nothing too crazy has gone on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So has anything been done to boost fire spells?

Azram Legion
Jan 23, 2005

Drunken Poet Glory

jBrereton posted:

It is exactly the same more or less and most of it still works fine even in the beta.

There'll be some new commands, and some old unit and spell IDs that have changed, but nothing too crazy has gone on.

That is honestly great to hear!

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Hunt11 posted:

So has anything been done to boost fire spells?
There are some buff rear end fire spells for Abysia and a fire version of blood feast that sets the caster Extremely ablaze (wear a fire ring or be abysian to live levels) in return for clearing their afflictions.

Water is still probably the weakest path, not much has been added to it just yet, but I predict it will be at some point. Illwinter are very open to the idea of an early patch after people get enough MP games in to make a decent data set of what needs nerfing/buffing, and Water will no doubt be a part of that balancing act.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Because it's a bother to copy & paste in two different threads, I am putting all the new info I find here
https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/dominions-5-warriors-of-the-faith/131532/100

There are some new bits of info in the big post in the middle of the thread, since the last time I updated the one here.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

quote:

Limp: Commanders lose 4 MM, troops do not but have a 25% chance of death if they move more than one province.
Crippled: Commanders lose 75% MM, troops do not but have a 50% chance of dying when moving one province and 75% if more.

:lol:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Hey, considering I lost some battles because of the many, many units loaded up with afflictions hiding in my armies, I like this change! Better to let all those cripples die and free up money than lugging them around into another battle and only then learning how dinged up your guys are.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

*sacred centaur with recuperation limps along behind army*

pan with shotgun: he says he'll be all better next month, but, well. it's the kindest thing.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

pan with shotgun: he says he'll be all better next month, but, well. it's the kindest thing.
As is only right.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

I'm gonna add Prince Albert as an Anglian national hero as either a lich, Werewolf or zombie. What should the nature of his tragic death be

e: actually I think vampire would be the best choice because then he can have haemophilia

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Sep 25, 2017

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
should be a mannikan in plate armor. prince Albert in a can

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

If they're both immortal they can be together forever. :kimchi:

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
In dominions 5 when they say blesses cant be stacked apart from weapon blesses, do they mean you only get the highest bless in each spell level? I.e you cant have fire shield and awe, or you cant have awe and fear as your bless?

Edit: The website says "The magic paths and scales will restrict which bless effects are available and how many can be chosen. E.g. an arch mage with a low skill on many paths will be able to choose many different minor bless effects, while a pretender with only one high path skill can choose one powerful matching bless effect or a combination of lesser ones. "

When it says "Choose" one powerful bless effect I assume this means something like a cost system where you get 10 points of fire and can "spend" it on awe for 10 points or 10 points made up of fire shield, heat aura, attack skill?

It seems like there are so many powerful defensive bless in dominions 5, dom 4 just had regeneration, +4 prot and hp bonuses. Dom 5 will have Awe/Fear/Invulnerability/Etherealness/Hard Skin/Bark Skin.

If Dom 3 was about Super combantants, Dom 4 was about magic, then it looks like Dom 5 will be about sacreds, I guess that's why they named it "Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith". It may actually be worth recruiting commanders instead of mages if they are sacred!

Imagine a Sidhe Lord with no gems spent on it, that self casts Regen/Mistform and blesses up with some combination of Awe/Fear/Invulnerability/Etherealness/Hard Skin/Bark Skin all for 0 gems!

Applebee123 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 25, 2017

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
You only get the ones you pay for, not the ones beneath them. Though some of the higher level stuff effectively include resists.

So you wouldn't be able to have Awe + Fire Shield, because they'd add up to more F than it's possible to buy. But you could have Awe + Fear if you wanted to buy that much F & D

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, for example F9 will give you 9 points to spend on fire blesses. You will be able to buy a 6 point one and a 3 point one, or 9 point bless.

You won't be able to buy Awe/Fear/Invulnerability/Etherealness/Hard Skin/Bark Skin, lol.

(and in addition, Pretender points were nerfed, we will have less to spend).

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the things that don't stack is you can't have two blood surges or two fire shields or two chills

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

violent sex idiot posted:

lol for fucks sake

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

the things that don't stack is you can't have two blood surges or two fire shields or two chills
Nor can you buy the same resistance bless multiple times.

Naksu
Jul 22, 2007

looks like snek will be ready for dom5

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Naksu posted:

I hate you.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Naksu posted:

Will snek gain features that allow it to replace the GGS / Brainwrinkle as well?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Now make Flashman.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I finally cast illwinter. Is it supposed to be bad or am I too terrible to understand it

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

It's awful

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the devs wanted the spell to represent them as a whole

Naksu
Jul 22, 2007

How are u posted:

Will snek gain features that allow it to replace the GGS / Brainwrinkle as well?

We can hope. Technically those have been 90% ready for... 8 months, give or take.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

RentACop posted:

I finally cast illwinter. Is it supposed to be bad or am I too terrible to understand it

it sets every province to cold 3 every turn, and also causes unrest for every one but you, and causes indie attacks for everyone but you. for hot 3 nations they instantly lose like 20% income

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
30%!

Plus anything with heat power loses 6 str/att/def

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

it also increases encumbrance to everyone who doesn't have cold resist and poo poo by approximately one lot

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
so it's basically gently caress Abysia In Particular: The Spell?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Abysia, Agartha, and C'tis especially.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

it also turbo fucks anyone who needs to walk through mountain passes

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Or needs to keep a river closed!

The uses are nearly endless.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Malachite_Dragon posted:

dominions is gently caress abysia in particular: the game

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Also it doesn't cost real gems and facilitates the blood troll of filling the global slots with trash. In dom5 the # of global slots will be a setting so we will actually get to see more globals used!

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

so i've been playing conquest of elysium 4, and while the content is neat and interesting, i've been wanting something meatier gameplay-wise. so i wanted to pick up dominions 4, but looking at the last few pages 5 will be coming out some time soon? should i just wait for 5 or go ahead and just pull the gun on 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Yesh,just wait 6 weeks or so.

• Locked thread