Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I'm sorry, I don't see what's not to like about that trade. He loses a flex and a RB who nobody is sure of when he comes back in exchange for a set-and-forget QB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Doppelganger posted:

I'm sorry, I don't see what's not to like about that trade. He loses a flex and a RB who nobody is sure of when he comes back in exchange for a set-and-forget QB.

Because he'd be giving up a WR1 and a possible RB1 in a 4 PT passing TD league where he has Mariota who rushes and scores rushing TD's? It's a no brainer.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Should I run Cobb tonight vs Chicago? He sat last week with that chest thing but I feel like he's on longer rest than everyone else in that game. The other option is Sterling Shepard vs the Bucs defense on Sunday which makes me really want to start Cobb.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Doltos posted:

Should I run Cobb tonight vs Chicago? He sat last week with that chest thing but I feel like he's on longer rest than everyone else in that game. The other option is Sterling Shepard vs the Bucs defense on Sunday which makes me really want to start Cobb.

Cobb was getting a lot of looks when he was healthy, if he goes tonight I'd roll him out. I think most of shepards production was that long TD and the giants offense in general has been...offensive

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

RisqueBarber posted:

Because he'd be giving up a WR1 and a possible RB1 in a 4 PT passing TD league where he has Mariota who rushes and scores rushing TD's? It's a no brainer.
Diggs is a WR1 right now by virtue of a 3 week sample size, and let's be real, this is Doug Martin we're talking about.

I still say he wins the trade.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Need some help with a trade offer:

It's 4 pts per TD, .5 PPR, 10 team league.

He (auto)drafted both Brady and Rodgers. He refused an offer of Cook for Brady last week.

It's a work league, so I see him every day. He's pretty good at fantasy (barring this year's autodrafted monstrosity), and he's a hardass. So if I stand pat and his team sucks, that would be ok too.

He's currently starting McCaffrey, Carson, AEllington (Flex), with DThomas and Hogan at WR.

Diggs and Martin Is too much. Post his team so we can get ideas of counter offers. Your team is pretty sweet.

Since you work with him, the best way to make something happen is to get him talking. Find out who he likes on your team and no matter what he says, act like you are giving up too much.

There's a good chance he's high on someone you are low on. You could always try getting an extra player out of him to make it work if he has other pieces you like.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Need some help with a trade offer:

It's 4 pts per TD, .5 PPR, 10 team league.

He (auto)drafted both Brady and Rodgers. He refused an offer of Cook for Brady last week.

It's a work league, so I see him every day. He's pretty good at fantasy (barring this year's autodrafted monstrosity), and he's a hardass. So if I stand pat and his team sucks, that would be ok too.

He's currently starting McCaffrey, Carson, AEllington (Flex), with DThomas and Hogan at WR.

Counter trade offer the same guys but for Brady, but only if you have a WR or two in waivers to pickup.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Doppelganger posted:

Diggs is a WR1 right now by virtue of a 3 week sample size, and let's be real, this is Doug Martin we're talking about.

I still say he wins the trade.

I don't understand why you think he wins this trade.

The guy he's trading has Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers but is starting Chris Carson at RB and Andre Ellington in his flex . He's in a 10 man league. Those players don't even start in 14 team leagues. He has absolutely no leverage, especially against someone starting Mariota. I wouldn't even trade Diggs or Martin separately for Aaron Rodgers. Why would you give an opponent, who in a 10 man league you'll probably play twice in, so much for so little?

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

RisqueBarber posted:

I don't understand why you think he wins this trade.

The guy he's trading has Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers but is starting Chris Carson at RB and Andre Ellington in his flex . He's in a 10 man league. Those players don't even start in 14 team leagues. He has absolutely no leverage, especially against someone starting Mariota. I wouldn't even trade Diggs or Martin separately for Aaron Rodgers. Why would you give an opponent, who in a 10 man league you'll probably play twice in, so much for so little?

Chris Carson is definitely starting in a 14 team league, poo poo he is starting in my 12

Stigmata
Jul 5, 2004

Oh Trey!
Should I drop Chris Carson for Buck Allen in a 12-team PPR league? My league is weird and we can only have 5 RBs rostered at any given time (except for IR). I'm mainly thinking rest of the season overall. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on this, even though Allen's floor seems higher to me.

My other RBs are Le'Veon Bell, Ty Montgomery, Tevin Coleman and Tarik Cohen so I'm not hurting for weekly starters or fill-ins.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

Stigmata posted:

Should I drop Chris Carson for Buck Allen in a 12-team PPR league? My league is weird and we can only have 5 RBs rostered at any given time (except for IR). I'm mainly thinking rest of the season overall. I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger on this, even though Allen's floor seems higher to me.

My other RBs are Le'Veon Bell, Ty Montgomery, Tevin Coleman and Tarik Cohen so I'm not hurting for weekly starters or fill-ins.

I would sit tight. I like Chris Carson as a higher potential ceiling play as he seems to be getting most of the snaps in Seattle at least. Allen's floor is definitely higher, but that whole Raven's offense doesn't seem very good at all.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Prosise is out this week, Carson is going to have a big game. Scoop him up off the wire or via trade now if you can.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Diggs and Martin Is too much. Post his team so we can get ideas of counter offers. Your team is pretty sweet.

Since you work with him, the best way to make something happen is to get him talking. Find out who he likes on your team and no matter what he says, act like you are giving up too much.

There's a good chance he's high on someone you are low on. You could always try getting an extra player out of him to make it work if he has other pieces you like.

I declined his offer and told him he could have Diggs or Martin, but not both. Also that I'd throw in Abdullah and KBenjamin too. He hasn't responded yet.

I win even if he doesn't take any trade from me. The only way I lose is if he trades one of them to someone else. But last I heard, he was firing off trade offers of Brady for everyone's first rounders, so yeah...

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Stigmata posted:

In PPR, yea, roster Buck. Carson has no target upside and both have similar rushing upside. Well no, one guy is competing against West for rush attempts, the other is competing against Russell Wilson.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

AnacondaHL posted:

In PPR, yea, roster Buck. Carson has no target upside and both have similar rushing upside. Well no, one guy is competing against West for rush attempts, the other is competing against Russell Wilson.

I disagree, I think you keep Carson over Buck in PPR. Buck is competing with West and Collins. Carson is competing with the corpse of Eddie Lacy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Traded Deshaun Watson for DJax in 3WR 2Flex ppr league. Done a very good right?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Any concerns starting Montgomery tonight

Could slot in mixon or Carson instead

Not ppr

brugroffil fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Sep 28, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I disagree, I think you keep Carson over Buck in PPR. Buck is competing with West and Collins. Carson is competing with the corpse of Eddie Lacy.
I agree with this. Carson is basically a must-start this week against the Colts and when the Seattle offense gets its poo poo together (like they have to do every year), Carson will be a weekly starter in any size leagues.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Traded Deshaun Watson for DJax in 3WR 2Flex ppr league. Done a very good right?
You done good, son. D-Jax is a guy you have to manage carefully and try to avoid his dud games but he'll be a great third WR or flex option in plus match-ups.

brugroffil posted:

Not ppr
Oof. I'm honestly leaning towards the Mixon/Carson starts without any PPR bonuses. I'd hate to sit Montgomery but his yardage ceiling probably isn't that high in this game and I see him as a TD or bust guy this week. Short week to prepare and the Packers will be playing with a severely depleted o-line tonight. Mixon/Carson both have stellar match-ups and both could see upwards of 20 touches.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

brugroffil posted:

Not ppr

Who else are you starting if you can bench 2 of those?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

coronaball posted:

Who else are you starting if you can bench 2 of those?

Bell and Montgomery

Mixon is my flex right now so just Carson is benched.

Don't know if it makes any difference that my opponent this week is starting Rodgers

brugroffil fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 29, 2017

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

What are the odds Doug Baldwin doesn't play this week? I have to decide in the next hour or so whether I'm going to put Cohen into McCaffrey's RB spot so that McCaffrey can potentially be flexed into Baldwin's spot on Sunday if needed.

My usual lineup:

RB: Kareem Hunt
RB: Christian McCaffrey
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Doug Baldwin
FLX: Larry Fitzgerald

Doug Baldwin injury:

RB: Kareem Hunt
RB: Tarik Cohen
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
FLX: Christian McCaffrey

Bench:
Frank Gore
Duke Johnson
Corey Davis
Kenny Golladay
J.J. Nelson

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Doug missed practice again today but was confident he would play. Not sure how that helps but there you go

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

How many Rush att/g do you think Russell Wilson gets? Those don't just come out of thin air. (It's 7.0, compared to Carson's 12.3, SEA total 25.7)

In comparison, Buck gets 14.3, West+Collins get 19.0, but the Ravens have rushed 33.0 times per game.

And to be clear, this is really nitpicky percentages, in 0PPR it's Carson over Buck easily. Based on the original post, the point of this pickup was to reduce the upside variance chance of your opponents, not to actually play either, so all that said I say Buck over Carson.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Would you play Carson over CJ Anderson or Jordan Howard?

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
So I was offered Chris Thompson for Zach Ertz.

For RBs I have Mike Tolbert, Joe Mixon, Lesean McCoy, and Marshawn Lynch. My other TE on the bench is Evan Engram. It's a 0PPR league with standard scoring. Last week I played McCoy and Lynch and had Mixon as my flex.

I'm leaning towards declining the trade since I'll end up having to pick up another tight end, and there isn't really anyone good, and while my RBs haven't been stellar, they haven't been awful either (and they haven't had season ending injuries).

Thoughts?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Welp

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Butter Hole posted:

He declind Cook for Brady? That already sounds like an overpay--Cook looks like an RB1. I would just not trade with him if he wants more than that, the difference between Brady and Mariota isn't worth it.

I got offered Agholor and Rob Kelley for Cook yesterday.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
turned Tarik Cohen and Cooper Kupp into Zach Ertz. That'll take the sting out of Jordan Reed. :toot:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
A dude is offering Jordy Nelson for my Keenan Allen and Joe Mixon. Mixon isn't in my starting lineup...

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

89 posted:

A dude is offering Jordy Nelson for my Keenan Allen and Joe Mixon. Mixon isn't in my starting lineup...

I'm guessing he's pretty hard up for running back so see if you can get a better deal. With a new OC in Cincy it looks like they're finally turning to Mixon as the lead back in that offense. Unless Jeremy Hill does something stupid like have a good game in the next 2 weeks, I think you're going to see Mixon turn into a solid RB2/Flex option. Nelson is obviously better than Allen, but they both come with health worries, and I've always worried a little bit about target share with Nelson and kept him just a bit below the other elite WR1s in my personal rankings for that reason. When you've got a great QB who can spread it out and other good receiving options in Cobb and Adams, it just gets tough to compete sometimes and he's going to have a few bummer games. I say no on the trade as framed unless you're just ridiculously stacked at RB as it is.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Boof Bonser posted:

I'm guessing he's pretty hard up for running back so see if you can get a better deal. With a new OC in Cincy it looks like they're finally turning to Mixon as the lead back in that offense. Unless Jeremy Hill does something stupid like have a good game in the next 2 weeks, I think you're going to see Mixon turn into a solid RB2/Flex option. Nelson is obviously better than Allen, but they both come with health worries, and I've always worried a little bit about target share with Nelson and kept him just a bit below the other elite WR1s in my personal rankings for that reason. When you've got a great QB who can spread it out and other good receiving options in Cobb and Adams, it just gets tough to compete sometimes and he's going to have a few bummer games. I say no on the trade as framed unless you're just ridiculously stacked at RB as it is.

Shady & Gurley are my starting RBs. Gillisle & Mixon are on my bench.

89 fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 29, 2017

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

RCarr posted:

Would you play Carson over CJ Anderson or Jordan Howard?

No

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

89 posted:

Shady & Gurley are my starting RBs. Gillisle & Mixon are on my bench.

That's obviously a great 1-2 punch at RB. Who are your WRs now and who are you using at the flex?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Boof Bonser posted:

That's obviously a great 1-2 punch at RB. Who are your WRs now and who are you using at the flex?

No flex. Starting lineup (10 man league, 0.5 PPR)

QB: Winston
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Todd Gurley
WR: Julio Jones
WR: AJ Green
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Cameron Brate
K: whateva
LB: Kwon Alexander
LB: Benadrick McKinney
DB: Landon Collins
DL: Melvin Ingram

Bench:
Joe Mixon
Mike Gillsle
Pierre Garcon
Marquis Lee
Jared Cook
Alex Smith
Jarrad Davis
Lawrence Timmons

89 fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 29, 2017

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Welcome 2 da owned zone fellow Monty owners

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican
Well I think I'm ready to bench Amari this week. Playing Rishard Matthews in place of him along with Diggs and Hilton in standard. This is correct yeah?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If Mixon has another good game this week you can sell him higher.

Ol Sweepy
Nov 28, 2005

Safety First

Gorman Thomas posted:

Welcome 2 da owned zone fellow Monty owners

If Monty and Williams looks like they're going to be out for some time I'd be investing in Jones. Considering taking a flyer on him.
Looks like he was a solid pass catcher and runner at UTEP. The O Line in GB is pretty dinged up and they are playing short, quick passes.

I think he's the right fit to fill in for Monty.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I currently have Donte Moncrief stashed on my bench, Marqis Lee is available on the wire. Should I keep Moncrief for when Luck comes back, or drop him for Lee?

My current WR roster:

Amari Cooper
Rishard Matthews
J.J. Nelson
Kelvin Benjamin
Terrelle Pryor
Donte Moncrief

Right now I'm 3-0 with the highest PF and second lowest PA in my league. 10 teams, no PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Liquid Banjo posted:

Well I think I'm ready to bench Amari this week. Playing Rishard Matthews in place of him along with Diggs and Hilton in standard. This is correct yeah?

I would still start him.

• Locked thread