Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I was waiting for my car ride to work so I was playing Picross S on my TV and when it arrived I took my Switch with me to play more Picross in the car. I will play it more during my lunch hour.

Thank you for reading my Switch story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Tayter Swift posted:

Since the 1995 launch year? Only thing I thought they launched in 1995 was the Virtual Boy.

Mario Picross came out that year! Earthbound too. Which is kinda the same vibe as golf story so kinda parallels there

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

KingSlime posted:

I can't believe it took this long for a hybrid console to be a thing

It's so drat obvious in retrospect

Hey, the Sega Nomad was a hybrid. You could plug in a second controller and A/V cables and everything.

Oh, you mean 'thing that people actually bought'. Yeah, it's surprising it took this long.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’m so loving happy golf story turned out to both be not vapourware and also insanely good.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ludwig van Halen posted:

Huh, I thought you had to use a JP payment method to buy stuff from the Japanese eShop. So thats not the case?

I'm pretty sure PSN requires a JP payment method, so I figured Nintendo would too.

Yeah, it took my credit card with no fuss at all. You can also link a paypal account from anywhere, from what I've tested.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I’m so loving happy golf story turned out to both be not vapourware and also insanely good.

Same. I'm surprised it turned out good with such unknown devs.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

bagina posted:

Really enjoying Golf Story bit dear sweet poo poo is the pro controller lag something fierce. I’m five feet away from the docked system. I’m relatively new to the Switch. Is it the game, the controller, or so I potentially have bum equipment?

Try resyncing the controller. Earlier I was playing Splatoon 2 and had some really strange issues with my pro controller, resynced, it worked fine. Then I played Golf Story with the pro controller for over an hour with no issues.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Where the gently caress is the idol in golf story...

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

an actual dog posted:

Where the gently caress is the idol in golf story...

The archaeologist has buried it somewhere and forgotten. Get the special wedge from the shop and do his quest.

But if you haven't met him yet, you'll need to beat Lara on the course.

Meanwhile, I am getting skullfucked by this flipper rear end in a top hat's nightmare putting challenge from hell in Bermuda Isles.

Putting: effortless, until suddenly it's impossible.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
There's a button dedicated to throwing golf balls at people GOTY

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. I'm surprised it turned out good with such unknown devs.

Yeah, the writing is some of the funniest and most authentic I've seen in a game in ages, and the dialog boxes and font moving and shaking to represent the tone and emotion in a characters speech is a really, really good way of adding character and personality in a pixel-art game. I'm surprised I haven't seen it before. The Mario + Luigi games do it a bit but not on this level.

In don't know how long my playtime in the game will be but if it had been a $40 game from a AAA publisher I would be impressed. The fact that it's $15 and an indie game from unknown devs is completely shocking. Definitely a contender for indie GOTY 2017.

[Edit: I literally laughed out loud when the scientists in the mini golf lodge started talking in speedrunning terms]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 28, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

[quote="“Autonomous Monster”" post="“476865112”"]
The archaeologist has buried it somewhere and forgotten. Get the special wedge from the shop and do his quest.
[/quote]

Where is this shop? I can't find one with a wedge and Lurker Valley isn't open.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
There are so many drat games I would love to see ported to the Switch that I know will never ever happen and that makes me very sad. Dear Satoru Iwata, great benevolent Ghost-in-the-Switch, please give me Gunbound.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
I've been playing a lot of other Picross game since the announcement of Picross S (Picross, Picross 3D, and Picross: Twilight Princess). I didn't even realize all of the other Picross games I missed that came out (the sequel to 3D, and the 'E' series). Do these ever go on sale on the eShop? I wish there was a bundle to pick them all up at a discount...

Also, as simple as it was, I sort of wish the Micross from Twilight Princess came back. I'm also surprised they haven't introduced a "colors" Picross variant, since that seems to be a thing in other nonogram puzzles.

Regardless, having fun with Picross S. Pretty much the same ol' Picross. I wish there was more music variety, but again, "same ol' Picross."

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

an actual dog posted:

Where is this shop? I can't find one with a wedge and Lurker Valley isn't open.

Ah, you might need to do another sidequest to get the Lurker Valley shop open. The wedge is in there, at any rate. I think it's the third of the four quests on the right hand map, the one where you need to stick to the deep rough on the approach.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Drunk Tomato posted:

When's frolf story, huh

September 28, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
are there any reviews of the switch version of fifa out there yet?

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

XOIC of Radishes posted:

Also, as simple as it was, I sort of wish the Micross from Twilight Princess came back.

If this is the huge picture made out of smaller puzzles, it's in Pokémon Picross and picross e2 (maybe later ones too, I'm only up to 3)

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Too many loving games

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

XOIC of Radishes posted:

I didn't even realize all of the other Picross games I missed that came out (the sequel to 3D, and the 'E' series). Do these ever go on sale on the eShop? I wish there was a bundle to pick them all up at a discount...

I've paid close attention over the years. In the US I believe the only one of those to ever go on any sort of sale was when you could spend gold coins on My Nintendo for a discount on 3D Round 2 earlier this year.

What I'm saying is with no chance of a sale just BUY BUY BUY

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

bowmore posted:

are there any reviews of the switch version of fifa out there yet?

I dont think so but there's lots impressions and footage on yt and such from people who got it early and it looks like a great port.

Really tempted to pick it up tonight even tho I've never played one before heh.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there a golf story thread yet? If not, it's obvious we need one.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

bagina posted:

Really enjoying Golf Story bit dear sweet poo poo is the pro controller lag something fierce. I’m five feet away from the docked system. I’m relatively new to the Switch. Is it the game, the controller, or so I potentially have bum equipment?

I've been playing docked with the pro for like 20 minutes and I don't notice any input lag? Is it just on your swing or do you notice it when you're exploring?

There's Disc Golf!?!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a golf story thread yet? If not, it's obvious we need one.

be the change you want to see on the forums,f riend

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ceramics posted:

I dont think so but there's lots impressions and footage on yt and such from people who got it early and it looks like a great port.

I've never played it before either but I like football and my friends all like Fifa

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I will produce the golf story thread.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also i bought golf story because ya'll wouldn't shut up about it so maybe "....." when works as a marketing strat

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Golf Story hype was real and, perhaps even more shockingly, completely deserved.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Where are all the Golf Story Doubters now???

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I love that the music is a real guitar and the lovely 16-bit synth. It sounds so delightful.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Please do so and link it so I can read about and enjoy golf story with my friends on the forums

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Vikar Jerome posted:

the gently caress is this garbage. i mean, i'll ignore the weird rear end weeaboo adults into kids brony 14 going on 32 cartoon garbage or whatever the gently caress it is for the moment, but an n64 playing a game using the left and right prongs and not the middle and its a final fantasy type affair? on my nintendo 64? what in the gently caress.

Not only that, but the RPG they show isn't even a real game!

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Ceramics posted:

That's good to hear because my alarm bells went off as soon as I realized that the eShop page includes neither footage nor screenshots of the actual gameplay

Which just reeks of bullshit galore, what the gently caress do they think people are clicking on the page for if not to see what the damned game looks like??

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Does anybody have Switch carrying case recommendations?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Nintendo should reject store pages without gameplay footage imo

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JoeCL posted:

Does anybody have Switch carrying case recommendations?

I like the official one. The Hori one is good if you want a more rugged case. They're all pretty decent though. Just get the one that you think looks best to you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Cool, I was about to but saw your post.

Title suggestion:

Golf Story: The Greatest Game That Has Ever Been

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Golf story is like tiger words, you think it's charming but it's loving a bunch of milfs on the sly

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm on my way home to buy and then play golf story

today is a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007

XOIC of Radishes posted:

I've been playing a lot of other Picross game since the announcement of Picross S (Picross, Picross 3D, and Picross: Twilight Princess). I didn't even realize all of the other Picross games I missed that came out (the sequel to 3D, and the 'E' series). Do these ever go on sale on the eShop? I wish there was a bundle to pick them all up at a discount...

Also, as simple as it was, I sort of wish the Micross from Twilight Princess came back. I'm also surprised they haven't introduced a "colors" Picross variant, since that seems to be a thing in other nonogram puzzles.

Regardless, having fun with Picross S. Pretty much the same ol' Picross. I wish there was more music variety, but again, "same ol' Picross."

There was this for the DS once.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/illust-logic-ds-colorful-logic-review

• Locked thread