Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Looks like I won't be able to get the mythril I need to pull on phase 2 again, probably for the best I shouldn't chase relics.

Of course the banner changes the day before the 5 mythril login bonus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I've got 3 dupes (Eiko BSB, Cid BSB, and Dagger BSB) and of those the only one I *really* don't want to see is Eiko's, since Dagger's dagger is actually a great stat stick and I have poo poo-all for spears so I guess a 6* one isn't the worst thing in the world, but I'm really hoping for Cloud or Zidane's USB, and I'd be happy with BSBs for Seph, Cloud, Edea, Rinoa, and Squall especially, so this banner has the most potential of any to give me pulls that I'm happy with.

Have 3 pulls budgeted, and there's enough stuff on there that I want that I'll probably do all 3 unless I get some absurd god-pull.

Yeah, same here. No dupes, so basically everything on the banner is good for me. At least the dagger is an ok stat stick...I hope I pass by Rinoa's BSB...

I'm REALLY worried about Banner 5 though, because thanks to my particular luck, I went from having 1 dupe to 3 after the lucky draws. I really want Raines' BSB though so I'm still gonna blow it all.

quote:

Same boat except 5 pulls... I don't know if I can handle the 5 daggers

good luck! :v:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I got three dupes - Cloud BSB2, Garnet 1 and Eiko. Dagger's Dagger isn't a bad dupe, at least. Cloud USB and Edea BSB would be my big winners here, but I'm not sure if I'll do more then one pull. I don't mind not having Cloud USB too much, and it's almost guaranteed to show up in another fest.

Also got pulls planned for 4 for Rikku USB(Just Vaan BSB Dupe) and 5 for Alphinaud (Raines BSB, Papalymo and Minfilia dupes, which are all element+ stuff so it's not even that bad).

Thundercracker posted:

I picked Vaan BSB as my select because redditors said its still good in current JP meta. Also because in MP Vaan players somehow do 9999 damage with it even if the rest of the party is struggling to put out decent dps and I want to know how that's even possible.

Vaan can can take Steal Power if no one is taking an ATK buff and Mug Bloodlust for another boost so reaching the ATK cap will never be an issue for him, which already helps him get good damage.

He's also got a pretty great dive for pure damage. LM1 is 10% with Daggers, LM2 increases damage based on the amount of debuffs, which is another 20% for four and 30% for five is someone's bringing a Pentabreak or MND break. Vaan gets another 9% dagger damage in his Legend Dive.

I need to double check if all of these are additive, but that's already +39% in most situations with a dagger, with +10% for bringing MND break. All of this on a one-hit attack makes getting 9999 pretty easy, and the fast commands with the stacking MAG/DEF and DEF breaks actually means it's decent DPS too, and non-elemental.

(He also gets +9% for Thief Abilities from his Record Dive, but he sadly has Support-typed commands on his BSB.)

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Was unable to resist the siren song of four characters I like having USBs on Banner 2 so I did an 11-pull on it before it disappears, came out with a brand new Cecil USB and Golbez BSB, as well as a dupe Rydia BSB whip. My 4 synergy is getting sick.

If nothing else Cecil's USB being a base 6* sword with +holy is neat. I'm a little miffed about that rainbow not being Bartz or Terra but this was absolutely not a bad pull.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That was rather tense right there at the end.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Dr Pepper posted:

That was rather tense right there at the end.

:stare:
Aaaaand unclench.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I only have enough mythril for one pull tonight because I'm weak and did a second pull on banner 2 (2x Ceodore BSB meh). I'll have enough for a second pull before it goes away though, which is usually my limit anyway.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
Has anybody fully dived Delita? While pulling for other Tactics characters over a bunch of banners I've managed to pull his USB, BSB, LMR, and SSB. I'm hoping for Lightning's USB on banner 5 but if I don't get it I was thinking about using the *5 motes I was saving on him, since a multi-element USB/burst and a chance to double strike seem like they'd be useful in the magicite dungeouns.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Stopgap posted:

Has anybody fully dived Delita? While pulling for other Tactics characters over a bunch of banners I've managed to pull his USB, BSB, LMR, and SSB. I'm hoping for Lightning's USB on banner 5 but if I don't get it I was thinking about using the *5 motes I was saving on him, since a multi-element USB/burst and a chance to double strike seem like they'd be useful in the magicite dungeouns.

I would love to hear how this combo does with Magicites. I got just the USB in a Lucky draw, the BSB is an intriguing combo on paper, but it's hard to tell if all those multipliers actually work against all that defense.

There's almost no talk about this online that I've been able to find.

StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013
I'm kind of stuck in a rut. I don't know what skills or equipment to aim for so I can finish more difficult events.

I'm stonewalled on any 160+ difficulty dungeons. =(

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/GvrW

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

iamsosmrt posted:

Thanks, thats helpful. My Magicite experience has been pretty bad for characters without enelement (Raines lacks it for both dark and holy) but he does have other buffing options. I'll most likely take it but I'm going to wait till the tower draw.

Yeah, just to give you a little more info, my clear team for the Holy which has it on farm is Orlandeau with OSB and BSB and LMR, Raines with BSB, Kuja BSB, Y'sh with BSB and Ramza with BSB2 and USB. Despite having so much less stuff, Raines actually does do only a little less than Orlandeau does throwing out his damage-capped, sometimes dual casted Command 2.

He's not technically on my Dark clear team but I also haven't yet put that on farm since farming Holy Magicite was more important to me.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

StriderVM posted:

I'm kind of stuck in a rut. I don't know what skills or equipment to aim for so I can finish more difficult events.

I'm stonewalled on any 160+ difficulty dungeons. =(

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/GvrW

Switch kuja for cid raines, rikku for tyro, and tidus for CId(ff7) then you should have no trouble until you get to more specialized content. That gives you Wall, Hastega, and a dps monster

Griz
May 21, 2001

Ybrik posted:

Switch kuja for cid raines, rikku for tyro, and tidus for CId(ff7) then you should have no trouble until you get to more specialized content. That gives you Wall, Hastega, and a dps monster

also you should unlock Tyro and Ramza record materia 2 , they're clones of Mako Might and Ace Striker

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Really wanted Squalls BSB2

This works

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
2/11

Cid BSB
Sephiroth BSB2

Not Cloud but I'm not disappointed. Unfortunately that's all I can throw at this banner, especially now that it's got 5 dupes

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Edea's Valkyrie is the first dupe I've gotten, gonna combine those immediately. Cloud's BSB is nice though, I have his OSB.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Had 4 dupes on banner 3 but I really wanted some ice poo poo so I pulled anyway. 2/11 no dupes, Rinoa's BSB2 and Sephiroth's OSB. Was really hoping for Squall's BSB2 since I have his OSB but I'm still pretty happy.

I think I remember people saying Sephiroth's OSB is trash, but I have his enfire SSB so would that turn it into a decent fire OSB or nah?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I win again. WOW

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Elephant Ambush posted:

I win again. WOW

it's you

you're the one i hate

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
100 gem netted a 6* and I got super excited praying for Cloud's USB. Turns out it was Zidane's, but by the looks of it this is a pretty great relic, especially paired with his LM2. I've already got both his Bursts and en-wind SSB so I'm definitely diving him.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Pull 1: Garnet BSB1 (dupe), Squall USB.
Pull 2: Cid VII BSB, Squall BSB2

No luck on Cloud USB or Zidane stuff this time, but it's nice to have some Ice stuff. Might have to remake my Ice team from magical to physical since also getting Fran's USB this fest.

Got three pulls left for the fest: once on Banner 4, once on 5, then the Crystal Tower Draw for probably Larsa? Still thinking about that and the Gem Selection banner.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Had two 11-pulls budgeted for this.

Pull 1: Seph OSB, Squall USB
Pull 2: Garnet BSB (dupe), Seph BSB, Zidane USB, Cloud USB

Hot dang. Would have loved Zidane's BSB2 or Rinoa/Squall's BSBs, but getting all four 6*s, a +Dark katana, and an extra +Lightning dagger? One of my luckiest set of pulls yet.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Took me 400 mythril to rack up an Axis Blade. Was looking for that or Cloud's USB. Ouch. My stack of 535 mythril took a beating, and I won't recover from that for a while. But I did get that one at least. Got SIX of Zidane's frickin USB. But also got a bunch of Edeas. I think I'm ok on ice stuff now. Maybe I'll pick a water thing off the gem banner? hmm

Well, I recovered from Tactics way back when, I'll recover from this.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Sep 29, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

okay thread i am back again, that zell weapon looks fun but i take it i didnt do great on my 11 pull?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/245704769199407104/363132635091959808/image.png

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

okay thread i am back again, that zell weapon looks fun but i take it i didnt do great on my 11 pull?

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/245704769199407104/363132635091959808/image.png
Icebrand is overshadowed by Squall's BSB2 but is decent enough. Zell's BSB is one of the best non-elemental DPS SBs in the game.

EDIT: and it comes on a +fire fist for some reason, which can come in handy

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
2/11 Cloud USB and Sephiroth BSB. Probably going to pull again tomorrow when I get enough mythril but I'll take another look at other banners first. Grabbing a wind imperil from the gem selection now for sure.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Did a single pull and for 2/11 : Squall USB and Cloud BSB2, the latter of which is exactly what I hoped to get. My Cloud USB and full-dive for him will finally pay off. :sparkles:

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Went 3/22, Zell BSB, Cid BSB, and Cloud BSB 2.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Only one pull planned for this banner, hoping for almost anything as only 2 dupes:

That's a great draw! Even though Hamelin is a dupe, Axis Blade is perfect because Squall is already fully Legend Dived and I have his OSB.

Looks like the Crystal Tower draw is next for me.

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

I got zidane and squall USBs. I don't know what to do with them really but neither were dupes!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fang, go home. You're drunk, and also two banners early. And you're a dupe.

I can't believe I got two different dupes on a banner I only had one dupe on. That's some Schwartzcough level luck.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
200 Mythril gone in a blink. Wound up with:

Zidane USB!!!
2x Zidane BSB2
Eiko BSB (dupe)
Edea BSB
Squall BSB2!
Sephiroth OSB
Sephiroth BSB2
Zell BSB

Pretty happy with that. :woop: Cloud stuff would have been nice, but Zidane looks like a beast.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
1/11 Cid BSB.

So much for any hope of getting any ice relics.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nihilarian posted:

Icebrand is overshadowed by Squall's BSB2 but is decent enough. Zell's BSB is one of the best non-elemental DPS SBs in the game.

EDIT: and it comes on a +fire fist for some reason, which can come in handy

i always enjoyed zell and his hot dog obsession so that seems fine. all right!

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
Upon closer inspection, my only non-dupes on Banner 3 are the Force Stealer, Zidane's stuff and Edea's BSB, which I'm strongly leaning towards taking as my relic bonus right now. I don't think I can justify a pull on this banner, it's like eight dupes. It's less that I desperately want Cloud's USB than I feel like I should always be pulling. Not pulling during Orbfest?!?! Hurry up Saturday, bring banner 4 so I can cleanse myself of my shame.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Zells BSB fist is a primo Refia weapon

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I got Zidane USB, Squall BSB2 and Eiko BSB(DUPE, MOTHERFF--)

I guess I got some good stuff? I'm not sure what to do with my remianing two potential pulls.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Pulled on this banner:

2/11

Squall BSB2 (dupe)
Zidane BSB2

I'm not really excited about the Zidane one.

I only have enough for one pull on B5 now :\

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Well, the banner had a Hamelin on it, which means I now have another Hamelin. Seriously, every freaking time. On the up side, also got Edea's BSB, which was one of my chase items on this banner. Maybe now I can actually take out Fenrir. Also got a Dagger of Resolve, which, whatever. Already have her BSB2, so this is more just extra stats for her and a +Lightning magic dagger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Did 4 pulls on this one even though I thought I was only going to do 3. Ended up with:

2 Rinoa BSBs
1 Edea BSB
1 Cid BSB
2 Seph BSB
1 Cloud BSB2

A bit miffed that I didn't get one single USB this entire fest, and that I never got more than 2/11 relics, but I did end up with some nice BSBs and some much-needed ice coverage. Was really hoping to land Cloud's USB or Squall's BSB2, but I don't think I could throw another pull at this one with all the dupes on it now.

edit: How is Rinoa's BSB, anyway? I don't see anyone ever mentioning it which I assume means it's not very good.

• Locked thread