Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

i had this happen 2 nights in a row and the dream always involved some machinery making me bite down on rusted metal blades, cracking my teeth and slicing my gums

:catstare:

dang my sleep paralysis almost always consisted of me just struggling to breathe/move (usually i'd be able to barely wiggle a pinky finger, or at least thought i was doing it), until i would feel like i was about to suffocate, and then i would wake up. A few times i thought someone was watching me too...though there was also that one time where i was getting eaten from the inside out by a swarm of beetles while a weird buzzing noise grew into a roar that drowned out everything else

furthermore, trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
TRUMP251: Puerto Rico is devastated. Governor said "great job!"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i'm pretty sure the governor said "jesus christ everyone here is dying why aren't you sending anyone it's been nearly two weeks you fat loving oaf"

what trump heard: blah blah good job blah blah

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

15 minutes between everything being bad and hard and everything being great. good to know the president kicked things into gear!

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Ben Nerevarine posted:

"Absolute boy" is a typo, racist, or term of endearment, what's the better read here

Typo. Meant absolute boor.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

I've had at least 10000 dreams where I'm in high school trying to graduate even tho I'm 3x years old and have a ba and jd

for me it's my last semester in college and a math course i need to complete my degree, registered for, but never once attended, and i'm mostly thinking about ways to somehow get the course requirement waived using blurry dream logic and it's not looking good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

this is literally the worst tweet ever made

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Maria hit like a week ago, surely they must be onto second or third responders by now.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/913555399994953729

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

also if you're having these night terrors only when you sleep on your back, you need to take a fuckign sleep study and see if you have apnea and your brain isn't getting oxygen. i knew someone who died a couple years ago because she sltopped breathing in her sleep and never woke up

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

*peers out over the complete devastation from the Condado to the San José, breathing deep the decay and rot of sewage and sealife washed ashore*

Great job! :thumbsup:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I remember a dream where I was like 9 and I had to to take the garbage to the curb and while on the curb a Cthulhu horror materialized behind me and I couldn't move and I died rip

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

"ah, some peaceful me time" I tell myself as my boss screams at me to get the gently caress out of the tent and back to work or I'm fired.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol if you havent had so many 'in school without pants" dreams that it stops being embarassing

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

BIG LUTHER shoulda put him thru a fkn table when he had the chance

:hai:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

murked by dragon posted:

*extremely steve jobs voice*

revolutionary

stylish

imagine a world... where you could jack off anywhere

introducing the pause pod

Android had that for years

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

"ah, some peaceful me time" I tell myself as my boss screams at me to get the gently caress out of the tent and back to work or I'm fired.

Deploy it anywhere! *tent gets collapsed as I set it up on a busy sidewalk*

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

the absolute boy is extremely good

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

euphronius posted:

I've had at least 10000 dreams where I'm in high school trying to graduate even tho I'm 3x years old and have a ba and jd

I used to have the "I forgot about a class and never attended a single lecture or test" dream at least once every 2-3 months

Now all my dreams are just a whirling torrent of warm piss :sad:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

euphronius posted:

I remember a dream where I was like 9 and I had to to take the garbage to the curb and while on the curb a Cthulhu horror materialized behind me and I couldn't move and I died rip

I got eaten by a giant spider once while o was trapped in a cage, sad way to go

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

she was also literally going to have a sleep study done about a week after i told her she snored super loudly and then just stop breathing for 20 seconds a time and this duration got longer and longer until i woke her and suggested she have it done.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

turn off the bot m8

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

euphronius posted:

trump

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
great job! I continue to repeat as I drown from a dam rupture

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Rah! posted:

:catstare:

dang my sleep paralysis almost always consisted of me just struggling to breathe/move (usually i'd be able to barely wiggle a pinky finger, or at least thought i was doing it), until i would feel like i was about to suffocate, and then i would wake up. A few times i thought someone was watching me too...though there was also that one time where i was getting eaten from the inside out by a swarm of beetles while a weird buzzing noise grew into a roar that drowned out everything else

furthermore, trump

The best is when that loops. And with each loop after fake waking up you're going through it again. That's when what's watching you starts moving forward from place to place. Till it's in the loving bed with you. And then you're convinced that your entire life was actually the dream and this moment with the demon is the only that is truly real and you are well and truly hosed on a level that you can't fathom.

And then you actually wake up for real but are convinced for a good while you're still in the same drat dream and wondering when you will open your eyes and still be in the bed with that thing.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Mariana Horchata posted:

turn off the bot m8

n o p l e a s e

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"air control this is eagle 1, my copilot has set up a Pause Pod directly on my controls and I cannot disturb him without breaking the Pause Pod Oath, please advise, over"

THS
Sep 15, 2017

pretty regularly i have a dream where i wake up in my bedroom but it's still a dream and i have to wake up again in a slightly different version of my bedroom and i'll do that twenty times easily

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

FabioClone posted:

How many of you are Russian bots?

I'm not a bot. I would tell you if I were.

It's the law. You have to.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Unperson_47 posted:

also if you're having these night terrors only when you sleep on your back, you need to take a fuckign sleep study and see if you have apnea and your brain isn't getting oxygen. i knew someone who died a couple years ago because she sltopped breathing in her sleep and never woke up

Doesn't sleep apnea leave you uselessly tired during the day?>

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Unperson_47 posted:

i was extremely sick when all this happened and haven't had it since. no amount of rationally trying to cinvince yourself it's all a dream didn't do a loving thing and i was terrified of going to sleep

There was a period where I had loving awful dreams every night and would wake up and only like an hour or two had passed and I'd go back to sleep and have more nightmares and nights felt like they lasted forever.

I was under a lot of stress at a time. Kinda like right now except without liquor and nihilism to keep me on the straight and narrow

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

n o p l e a s e

:hai:

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Unperson_47 posted:

longterm sleep apnea is also terrible for your mental health and your basic ability at the brainthinkings so defs worth checking

you can easily find out if you might have it by recording a night of your snoring and eyeballing the audio for 30-60 second stretches of complete silence followed by snorts and gasps

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ah some me time

i say in my tent on the street away from job panhandling on same street

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Guy Goodbody posted:

Doesn't sleep apnea leave you uselessly tired during the day?>

yes, you are a zombie during the day and you spend the night getting chased by zombies

it owns bigly

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Alan Smithee posted:

why is he wearing a kaffiya or whatevs

Tactical Kaffiya (tm) for desert combat.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

euphronius posted:

I regularly have dreams where I'm tumbling into the fleshy cisterns of Hell, gnawed on by grotesque jaws with teeth at all angles, impaled by ribs on slime-drenched pustules, etc.

I find it to be relaxing as it's a diversion from Trump :shobon:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Donny & Eric Awesome Administration Great Job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I love the colder weather of fall. What I dont love is the fact that Im always tired if I wake up before sunrise which is now required :|

• Locked thread