Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
I was that rear end in a top hat in Half-Life Deathmatch who would hold onto a live hand grenade and run after people to frag them. Aerospray MG + Baller is pretty much the same thing and I'm having a blast. I do agree with Fetus, though. They need to increase the special charge for that weapon at the very least, maybe to 220+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

The best (worst?) part of this? I had absolutely no Special Charge Up abilities at all on my gear.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/mori_119/status/913204368651935744

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Standing here
I realize
You are just like me
Trying to make inkstory

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
"Let's just stop it already, you ever think that?"

A suffering Salmonid.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

why stop when im winning it big ↺_↺ (money symbols for eyes)

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Dr. Fetus posted:

The best (worst?) part of this? I had absolutely no Special Charge Up abilities at all on my gear.

Now that everyone knows that set is OP everyone is using it and wrecking my poo poo :(

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Splatoon Koshien tournament ran last weekend at Aichi prefecture, and Nintendo did a report on the event with some comments from the producer. If you missed it, the streams of the public and team finals were also published.

Public final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_1VvevFRA

Team final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_kvKOVbgSI

Finals were in a best of three format. Both feature a heavy reliance on Aerospray RG.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 28, 2017

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Finally, S+ on Tower Control... Now I need to get out of A for Rainmaker and Splatzones :sweatdrop:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Splatoon Koshien tournament ran last weekend at Aichi prefecture, and Nintendo did a report on the event with some comments from the producer. If you missed it, the streams of the public and team finals were also published.

Public final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2_1VvevFRA

Team final: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_kvKOVbgSI

Finals were in a best of three format. Both feature a heavy reliance on Aerospray RG.

Im the team leader in the Pikachu hoodie and Anonymous mask.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Congratulations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oh hell yeah!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Blank Construct posted:

Finally, S+ on Tower Control... Now I need to get out of A for Rainmaker and Splatzones :sweatdrop:

get to S in rainmaker first and go for the coveted rear end rank

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Kaubocks posted:

I'm too good at splat zones and too terrible at rainmaker to ever be a proper rear end

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Somebody get to A in Splat Zones, S in Tower Control, and then play Rainmaker exclusively to get the legendary rear end+50 rank.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Kaubocks posted:

Dr. Fetus posted:

Somebody get to A in Splat Zones, S in Tower Control, and then play Rainmaker exclusively to get the legendary rear end+50 rank.

What are you guys, seven or something?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
rear end lol

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rexroom posted:

Pff look at this dumb 12 year old. Thinking rear end isn't funny.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Dr. Fetus posted:

A, S+6, S+9 , come on its so obvious.

Edit, +4 ,+20 also acceptible

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rexroom posted:

I don't think you understand. It's like another word for your rear end.

Big Nubbins
Jun 1, 2004
One of those weird coincidences happened in my last Salmon Run just now. I was sitting in the lobby with the other 2 players and said out loud to myself, "poo poo, I definitely don't have time to get a beer." Seconds later- I poo poo you not- a player named "Beer" slides into the 4th slot.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
so uh apparently the party system in this game is complete trash and it's basically impossible to play with your friends even in regular matches? weird that the op doesn't mention this. have they said if this will ever be improved to non-garbage levels?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
It's Nintendo, so probably not.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

The play with friends for turf war is exactly the same as the first game. If you want to guarantee teams, play league.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I love the salmonid aesthetic so much. Its like Mad Max but with cooking utensils.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

ZeButler posted:

The play with friends for turf war is exactly the same as the first game. If you want to guarantee teams, play league.

oh league sounds alright i guess. gonna have to find a fourth but that's not so hard in the age of discord.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Zo posted:

so uh apparently the party system in this game is complete trash and it's basically impossible to play with your friends even in regular matches? weird that the op doesn't mention this. have they said if this will ever be improved to non-garbage levels?
This is so you and your friends don't go into games and stomp on a bunch of uncoordinated children. It's annoying but among all the questionable things Nintendo does I'm 100% onboard with this having been that group in the past.

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

but i love to be spawncamped by a 4-squid s+50 team

splat me more

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

If you are trying the same tactic over and over, and it's not working, the answer is not to try it yet again. The answer is to try something else entirely! If your grand plan hasn't worked for the last several attempts, what in the world would make you think it'll work this time? Adapt to the changing circumstances of the match and act accordingly instead of trying to shoehorn in your sneaky routes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you are trying the same tactic over and over, and it's not working, the answer is not to try it yet again. The answer is to try something else entirely! If your grand plan hasn't worked for the last several attempts, what in the world would make you think it'll work this time? Adapt to the changing circumstances of the match and act accordingly instead of trying to shoehorn in your sneaky routes.

I think you're forgetting several maps can just be outright locked down at the far spawn by a competent team.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also, it's OK to get on the tower even if there are still a couple enemies around. Especially if all of your team is still alive, and you haven't moved the tower at all so far.

PUT SOME loving DISTANCE ON THE BOARD, PEOPLE!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think you're forgetting several maps can just be outright locked down at the far spawn by a competent team.

I'm not sure what this has to do with what I said. Like I'm talking about an absolute refusal to learn from your mistakes. And even then, lockdowns like that don't really happen for the entire match unless we're playing really badly.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Guy Goodbody posted:

Also, it's OK to get on the tower even if there are still a couple enemies around. Especially if all of your team is still alive, and you haven't moved the tower at all so far.

speaking of tower control if you have splash walls as your sub then learn how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBLn06725E4&t=33s

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Dr. Fetus posted:

People love to throw themselves into meatgrindery poo poo. Look at the battlefield series, Metro and the prison level were easily the most popular maps in 3 and 4. It's instant action I guess. Personally I can't stand it, and prefer situations where I can flank and out maneuver my opponents to hopefully come out on top. Rather than trying to win through sheer luck/attrition.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Making my way through the A ranks and "hmm, I don’t see any teammates, I guess I should blindly and singlehandedly run at the objective instead of retreating and waiting for help, also why are my teammates' names constantly appearing on my screen??" is apparently the main strategy.

(Granted, I had no idea about the "buzz your teammate while waiting to spawn" feature for ages.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

I love the salmonid aesthetic so much. Its like Mad Max but with cooking utensils.

Forget playable Octolings, when can I play as a Salmonling with corncob drumsticks

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I love how much the cellist looks like a Junji Ito drawing.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

This legitimately pisses me off. Like okay, if you're the only one alive and their whole team is up, don't go off diving into your death. But 3 of them are dead. Why are you all painting the enemy spawn!? Why are you people so afraid to play the game!? There is value in defensive play, sure, and making mistakes is costly. But the most successful teams I've seen in S+ are the people that aren't afraid to get on the tower. Hell, I've won several matches because the enemy team was afraid to get on it, even though we were all dead.

Also don't be afraid to take risks. Making mistakes is how you learn what works and what doesn't. There's absolutely nothing to lose. Oh, you're about to derank? Oh boo hoo, now you get to have the easiest 10 matches of your life, what a tragedy. If you really belong in the rank above it, anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had an apoplectic fit today when we lost a rainmaker game by a point today even though with 1 minute left we team wiped them and popped the bubble and no one picked up the rainmaker. I was in a special and kinda far so I couldn't take it but I was jumping around spamming this way/booyah, figuring the two teammates next to me would get the message but instead everyone ran away and we ended up losing. Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

If you are trying the same tactic over and over, and it's not working, the answer is not to try it yet again.

We call that practicing, maybe you should try it :smug:
they're practicing losing