Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

TealShark posted:

Half the DLC characters of 2K17, same price? Unless one of the DLC packs is a fuckton of arenas, this is a major ripoff from previous years.

Oh it's definitely a ripoff. The season pass doesn't even include any more arenas. It's just those characters, and the new moves and accelerator. It doesn't even look like the season pass includes pre-order guys like RVD or Batista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In fairness, last year's didn't get you Nakamura, Crews or Nia either. (Not that it's not lovely)

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Doesn't seem to have a showcase either. I understand it's not for everyone, but I've always enjoyed it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Oh it's definitely a ripoff. The season pass doesn't even include any more arenas. It's just those characters, and the new moves and accelerator. It doesn't even look like the season pass includes pre-order guys like RVD or Batista.

...so Bobby Roode's finisher is DLC?

And yeah, RVD and Batista are exclusive to the deluxe and Cena Nuff editions. You can get the season pass, but it'd have to be in Addition to that

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I don't actually mind these games at all, but the only thing about 2k18 that intrigues me is the 8 man modes. I'm sure since this is a first-time feature it'll probably be buggy as hell. I'll wait for reviews, and get it on Black Friday if it's actually functional.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I don't actually mind these games at all, but the only thing about 2k18 that intrigues me is the 8 man modes. I'm sure since this is a first-time feature it'll probably be buggy as hell. I'll wait for reviews, and get it on Black Friday if it's actually functional.
Oddly enough, Smackdown Just Bring It (the first one for PS2) supported 8 wrestlers. But yeah it might as well be a new feature.

I'm in the "probably get it on Black Friday" boat as well. Yeah it's probably a bad decision but I've skipped the last 5 games, so I guess I'm due. I'll rely on Fire Pro World to satisfy my user-created content and "actual good game" needs, while 2K18 can be my mindless glitzy sort-of-polished jam for silly multiplayer sessions.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

...so Bobby Roode's finisher is DLC?

And yeah, RVD and Batista are exclusive to the deluxe and Cena Nuff editions. You can get the season pass, but it'd have to be in Addition to that

They already showed the Glorious DDT in the super speed move reveal video.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There might be a new version of it, but the big ones they were touting were stuff like spots the AoP do, and what I assume to be the newer version of the Tye-Breaker (the swing-out GTS thing he's doing for it now that he was told the ushigoroshi is AJ's)

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Gaz-L posted:

There might be a new version of it, but the big ones they were touting were stuff like spots the AoP do, and what I assume to be the newer version of the Tye-Breaker (the swing-out GTS thing he's doing for it now that he was told the ushigoroshi is AJ's)

Odd they would complain about this when Seth and Finn both use the sling blade

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Probably the first year I won't get the season pass , as I haven't really watched wwe regularly, the nxt people may as well be jobbers (as good as they may be irl)

Stoked To finally have kurt though, I think 07 was the final year we had him?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
This'll be my first year not getting a WWE game in about a decade. I don't want to give those assholes money anymore and nothing they've shown has really tempted me to make an exception. 8 wrestlers on screen is something I've wanted for a long time but even the idea of doing proper survivor series matches isn't really worth it, particularly as people have mentioned here, it'll probably take them until at least WWE 2K19 to get it working properly.

Plus Mario Odyssey comes out like ten days later so why loving bother at all.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Fire Pro Patch Notes posted:

Version 0.9009 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please post patch-related comments to
this thread so that we may better track your feedback.

OFFLINE MODE
Fixed bug where Ring/Venue/Referee settings would not save.
Wrestler Select menu: Now displays number to signify number of variant costumes.
Wrestler Select menu: Added wrestler auto-sort option. [Xbox: X button / PS4: Square button]
*Pressing the button cycles through sort options: Default > Ascending >Descending
Added page jump function for menus with many options. [Xbox: RB / PS4: R1 / Keyboard: E]
Tournament/League Wrestler Select menu: Added description of controls.
Tournament/League Wrestler Select menu: Made it easier to see what item is currently selected.
Tournament/League Wrestler Select menu: When using Random Select, currently selected wrestlers will no longer be replaced.
Cursor now ignores mouse placement when mouse is inactive.
Can now right click to exit text entry windows.
EDIT MODE
Overwrite wrestler prompt: Fixed bug that would display wrestler.
Edit CPU Logic menu: Can now quit editing logic percentages even when the total percentage doesn’t equal 100%.
:siren:Transfer Wrestler menu: Can now select/batch transfer multiple wrestlers in an organization or stable.:siren:
Belt Edit menu: When using a mouse/keyboard, fixed bug where changes would not be applied if you saved before pressing [Confirm].
Belt Edit/Ring Edit menu: Added confirmation prompt when exiting menu.
Belt Edit/Ring Edit menu: Added color wheel tool for selecting colors.
Wrestler Appearance menu
[Mouse/Keyboard Controls]
Can now right click to delete a layer.
Copy/Paste remapped from Backspace to F1.
Can now copy/paste colors with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.
Can now delete layers with Delete key.
Fixed bug where cursor would disappear if you double clicked the Part Preview button.
Parts Preview now properly rotates when you click the arrow buttons.
If you click outside the color wheel, the color wheel menu will close.
If you click outside the Part Select or Filter window with a part selected, the Part Select window will close.
[General Controls]
Can now close copy/paste menu. [Xbox: Y button / PS4: Triangle button / Keyboard: F1, right click]
ONLINE MODE
Fixed bug where SWA Rules matches would use Over the Top Rope rules.
Fixed bug where default wrestlers would display instead of your edit wrestler if the cache was activated.
MATCHES
In a CPU vs CPU match, adjusted time after match ends before results screen.
CPU wrestlers now perform a taunt after winning a match.
*This taunt will be the move set to [Performance 4].
Referee now stops counting a ring out sooner.
Exploit fixed that allowed a wrestler to connect with too many post moves before opponent recovered.
Fixed bug where CPU Level wasn’t properly taken into consideration when reversing moves in a CPU vs CPU match.
*Wrestler taking the move was at a disadvantage.
Fixed bug where wrestler would slump against post in deathmatches with fluorescent tubes/barbed wire boards against post.
[VENUES]
Adjusted look of ring colors.
Added the following venues:
SCS Stadium
Arena de Universo
Spike Dome
[MOVES]
Added the following moves:
Running [European Uppercut Attack]
Counter [High Angle Drop Kick]
Front Grapple (BIG) [Phoenixplex Hold]
Adjusted: Standing [High Angle Drop Kick]
Adjusted: Opponent Down - Face Down, Near Head [Omoplata Crossface]

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
New venues! Yay!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

[quote="“Perry Normal”" post="“476856722”"]
This’ll be my first year not getting a WWE game in about a decade. I don’t want to give those assholes money anymore and nothing they’ve shown has really tempted me to make an exception. 8 wrestlers on screen is something I’ve wanted for a long time but even the idea of doing proper survivor series matches isn’t really worth it, particularly as people have mentioned here, it’ll probably take them until at least WWE 2K19 to get it working properly.

Plus Mario Odyssey comes out like ten days later so why loving bother at all.
[/quote]

Kinda in the same boat. I fired up 17 a couple months back and played the Showcase DLC and was so disgusted by how poor it was that I decided if I get 2K18, it has to be on stupid sale. Like $20 sale. And only if it's not a complete dumpster fire.

I know it's a "Smackdown" game so it's going to be a dumpster fire, it's to what degree that I'm interested.

Can't be worse than whichever one was the first on the new consoles. 2K15? gently caress that was real bad.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I don't have a Xbone or PS4 so I don't give a poo poo and why the gently caress would I get in on PC when the PC versions have been random levels of functional. I am looking forward to when nL gets their hands on it in two weeks since it doesn't take much for them to break something.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So the new venues are solid. One is basically your average WWE show, one is a big Mexican arena complete with dancing girls, and the Spike Dome is the Tokyo Dome.

Kinda wish they'd add something on the opposite end, though- like a sparsely populated VFW or a bingo hall.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
Maybe a venue that resembles the Hammerstein Ballroom?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Jack Anderson posted:

Fixed bug where wrestler would slump against post in deathmatches with fluorescent tubes/barbed wire boards against post.

Man that was actually a cool bug.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Maxwell Lord posted:

So the new venues are solid. One is basically your average WWE show, one is a big Mexican arena complete with dancing girls, and the Spike Dome is the Tokyo Dome.

Kinda wish they'd add something on the opposite end, though- like a sparsely populated VFW or a bingo hall.

Specifically, SCS Stadium is NXT at Full Sail. It's a super cool venue and I'm happy to see it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

unimportantguy posted:

Specifically, SCS Stadium is NXT at Full Sail. It's a super cool venue and I'm happy to see it.

Does it include the crowd being deathly quiet so they can hear Mauro?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alexa doesn't even do the belt holding thing in her entrance. Preorder cancelled.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The "Road to Glory" mode is basically a career mode, but for online! Which I'm sure won't be broken in any way, shape, or form!

https://wwe.2k.com/news/entries/wwe-2k18-road-to-glory/

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

loot boxes

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I don't know why I thought WWE would be spared this bullshit after it popped up in the newest NBA game.

Good Job 2k.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

joylessdivision posted:

I don't know why I thought WWE would be spared this bullshit after it popped up in the newest NBA game.

Good Job 2k.

Well, 2k is saying that the loot boxes can only be bought with VC from the game, not real money

(This year)

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I guess it's been long enough since the last thread implosion over the ethics of DLC. What the hell, bring it on

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

I guess it's been long enough since the last thread implosion over the ethics of DLC. What the hell, bring it on

Well, this year their charging the same amount as last year's DLC, but for half the content

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are the loot boxes only for the MyPlayer mode though? That didn't seem clear, but I did only skim.

(As in, are 'Dash Wilder Boots' available to regular creation or do you need to unlock them through there for it?)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Are the loot boxes only for the MyPlayer mode though? That didn't seem clear, but I did only skim.

(As in, are 'Dash Wilder Boots' available to regular creation or do you need to unlock them through there for it?)

I think it's only for the online "Road to Glory" mode

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Possibly MyCareer as well. And Road To Glory isn't a career mode. It's Ultimate Team: WWE edition. Like it's nearly identical to EA UFC's implementation.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Possibly MyCareer as well. And Road To Glory isn't a career mode. It's Ultimate Team: WWE edition. Like it's nearly identical to EA UFC's implementation.

But if they didn't gently caress with the accelerator, that unlocks everything so MyCareer wouldn't be impacted, in theory.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The embargo of 2k18 has been lifted, and if you were worried, don't be, it's still glitchy as gently caress!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The glitches are the good part.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Davros1 posted:

The embargo of 2k18 has been lifted, and if you were worried, don't be, it's still glitchy as gently caress!

fun ladder surfing glitchy or unplayable bad glitchy

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

fun ladder surfing glitchy or unplayable bad glitchy

Both? The Rumble match I saw had Hawkins get eliminated but stay frozen in the ring, Enzo have convulsions in the corner, and Eddie Guerrero walk around as if he was possessed.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
If you are dumb enough to buy WWE2kanything you deserve to have less and less DLC for more and more money.

Because the publisher and developer know you aren't good with money, you bought the game! So squeeze every dollar out of the brain-dead idiots who think "oh it's an okay game" or "it looks better this year! They have *insert name* in it! WOW!" isn't a sign they should have their bank accounts frozen.

I'm Andy Rooney, and we'll be back next week with 60 minutes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Enzo have convulsions in the corner

So uncannily realistic is what you're saying?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

If you are dumb enough to buy WWE2kanything you deserve to have less and less DLC for more and more money.

There was some year I bought the base game on Black Friday for $25, and the DLC on PS+ Discount for $10. $35 for the full game within a month of release is pretty good IMO.

I think I might just wait this one out until next year when it's certainly $20 on the Switch and I can just buy the Kurt Angle DLC for $2.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I think I will wait forever because spending any amount of money on garbage seems like a waste of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

BUT THIS YEAR IT HAS KURT ANGLE AND A NEW HAT!!!!