Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Hold The Ashes posted:

I'm thinking about coming back to play on either of the two newest progression servers but need to know about the True Box poo poo first. I don't like playing just one character since it's so dependent on other people, logging in and then seeing no groups and thinking "well I guess I can't play tonight" blows so I'd like to play 3 characters. My setup is one extremely good PC and an 80" 4k monitor.

Everything I've seen points to VM is an easy/quick way to getting banned?

If so what are my options, to just use 2 lovely laptops? Just how lovely/cheap could I get away with?

If I do that, is there any way to control it all through my TV and just use one keyboard/mouse to control it all, or am I going to be playing DDR on multiple keyboards?

Can't speak on the VMs. But you can use lovely laptops (less than $200 on newegg). There is a program called synergy (which a few friends save 1 cant get to work) and one called multiplicity(sp?) which a few have used. They allow you pull the screens off laptops and put them onto main monitor and use 1 key/mouse for all of them, based on which window you are on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Stumbled upon a file called "revision.txt" in my EQ directory, which stems from an ancient Kunark CD install and has been upgraded ever since. Man, the devs were such amateurs back then. Check out this bunch of patch notes from 1999, including a public shaming list of people who got banned for distruptive behavior.

quote:

2/10/99 10:41am
---------------
Welcome to Phase 4 of the EverQuest BETA Test!

Thank you for participating in the final EverQuest beta phase.

Please keep in mind that this is still BETA. There will be bugs, there will be problems.

With 25,000 of you entering the game these next few days there will undoubtedly be difficulties. We will resolve them as quickly as possible, but we ask for your patience and help, especially during this time. Expectations are high, and while I don't think you'll be disappointed, please remember this is still a test, and we are all here to help in this process.

With that said, welcome to our world -- I'll see you in-game :)

-Brad McQuaid
Producer, EverQuest

*NOTE* Phase 3.0 and 3.5 testers wishing to have their accounts restored MUST use the test server.

If you wish to connect to the EverQuest Test Server, you must run "testEverQuest.exe" instead of "EverQuest.exe".

2/15/99 12:30am
---------------
We have added the EverQuest tutorial, which is recommended for new players getting started in the world of Norrath. To patch the tutorial, you will need to patch using the "testeverquest.exe" to receive all of the required files, then run "tutorial.exe". Please give us any feedback that you may have for improvments that should be made. All of the character restorations from phases 3 and 3.5 to the "Test" server should be completed by the end of the day. Also, please note that the "News" window will only contain information regarding the current additions and bug fixes, all past news can be read from the "revision.txt" file located in your EverQuest directory.

Bug Fixes

- The "Backstab" and "Bind Wound" skills should be working as intended.
- We believe we have solved one of the problems that occurs when people
would get booted at the EverQuest loading screen (with the Elf woman on it).
- We should very shortly have fixed all of the registration problems. Try back
later tonight if you haven't successfully registered.
- Zones should be MUCH, MUCH more stable now. We fixed a major crash problem with them.
- New Banshee drivers should be up on https://www.everquest.com - These are EverQuest specific.
Thanks to 3dfx for giving us these drivers before they are generally released.
- If you have a Voodoo2 and you have THE latest drivers from 3dfx, you will have
a problem switching resolutions. Please use the drivers off of https://www.everquest.com as they
work properly.

2/19/99 9pm
-------------
The EverQuest Team is pleased to announce a major enhancement to Trade Skills!

We've just updated our all of our servers with over 1,000 new items, the vast majority of which are created exclusively using the various trade skills available to players in the game. The EverQuest manual has been updated to reflect these skills.

To be really successful as a tradesman it is important to remember a few things:
-A trade merchant shouldn't sell every component required to make an item. They don't want you undercutting them.
-A merchant will usually not give you retail value for a product you are selling. They need to make a profit.
-A merchant will usually give you more money for an item than the cost of the components if the item is only available from PC tradesmen.
-A merchant will usually charge a high price for a trade item. This allows a PC tradesman a hefty profit if they wish to sell directly to players.
-A trade item will usually be better than a merchant bought item of the same cost.

2/22/99
----------
-Test Server Update

Good evening citizens of Norrath!

Various changes have been made to the trade skills, including additional component carrying merchants, new items, and general bug fixes. Pending the success of the changes and bug fixes on the Test server, all remaining world servers should be updated on Thursday, 25th. If you have any suggestions or complaints about the trade skills, please direct all comments to us via the "/feedback" command.

Included in the patch is an updated version of the EverQuest beta manual.

The following players have been banned from the Phase 4 EverQuest beta test for failure to comply with repeated warnings against exploiting mobs and other PvP+ players on the Rallos Zek server.
Chat Handle/Character Name:
Tweed/Tweed
Bendoggius/Smizzurf
Lucenthawk/Lucenthawk
Jakila/Revken
DustyAirs/Amoush
lou76/Llan

The following player has been banned for ignoring repeated warnings against the use of profanity and racial slurs on the Chat server.
Moonrings

We regret the necessity of these actions, but we are committed to providing a positive play environment for our testing customers.

February 26th
-------------

1) Problem with people unable to enter the game after getting disconnected - We found this problem
and we believe we have completely corrected it.
2) Seeing your own Hit Point bug - We corrected several problems in this area. You shouldn't
have any more problems seeing your own Hit Points any more. In addition, you shouldn't have
any more problems seeing the Hit Points of your own party or monsters you target. This should
fix the Paladin - Lay Hands on problem as well.
3) Charm Spell problems - We should have fixed all the problems related to this spell, particularly
regarding Hit Points and other associated problems.
4) Problems with falling thru the World while zoning - We believe this problem has been fixed.
If anyone still encounters this problem, please email us immediately.
5) All Bards should now get Dual Wield.
6) Rangers, Shadow Knights and Paladins should all get channelling.
7) Several Crash Bugs have been fixed on both the zone and world servers.
8) Several Combat bugs have been fixed regarding damage.
9) You should now be able to target translucent creatures (also see note below).
10) You can no longer trade with NPC's from any height.
11) If you zone while anonymous, you will still be anonymous when you reach the new zone.
12) Sound - We have finally activated music. You will only get music if you have a Sound Font
capable sound card. These cards include - Awe 64 Gold and Value, Awe32, SB Live - In the next
few days we will be activating the music on ALL sound cards. As this is code hasn't been
in before, please let us know of any problems you encounter.
13) Other Client side bugs, including several lockups and crashes.
14) Boats - Boats should be very stable now. Enjoy sailing!!
15) Targeting - We have made MAJOR improvements to the targeting routines. Try
them out and tell us what you think.
16) You should no longer lose your Newbie Guild Tunic upon death.
17) The chat server is now optional.
18) We have TEMPORARILY disabled Glide on Banshees.. we've found a potentially
fatal problem, and are working with 3dfx to resolve it.

Wednesday March 3rd

BILLING SYSTEM TEST
-------------------

Beginning tomorrow (Thursday March 4th) at around 11am PST we will begin
conducting live tests of our billing system. What that will mean for you
is that the next time you log in after we turn this on, you will need
to enter your billing information.

NO CHARGES WILL BE PUT ON YOUR CARDS - THIS IS A ZERO DOLLAR TEST.

You will still see our pricing options, but ignore those dollar amounts
as nothing will actually be charged to your card. We are merely doing
a dry run of the system. Please select randomly from the different
pricing plans.

For those of you who do not have credit cards, you will be unable to
play EverQuest for the remainder of the test. We apologize, but this
is neccessary for us to test the functionality of the Billing System.

The Credit Card you use DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THE SAME ONE YOU USED FOR THE
PHASE 4 BETA.

Also, we will be at times forcing people to resubscribe (maybe once or twice
over the next week) just to shake out any problems with the billing system.

The EverQuest Team

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Hold The Ashes posted:

I'm thinking about coming back to play on either of the two newest progression servers but need to know about the True Box poo poo first. I don't like playing just one character since it's so dependent on other people, logging in and then seeing no groups and thinking "well I guess I can't play tonight" blows so I'd like to play 3 characters. My setup is one extremely good PC and an 80" 4k monitor.

Everything I've seen points to VM is an easy/quick way to getting banned?

If so what are my options, to just use 2 lovely laptops? Just how lovely/cheap could I get away with?

If I do that, is there any way to control it all through my TV and just use one keyboard/mouse to control it all, or am I going to be playing DDR on multiple keyboards?

Technically, software to send keyboard commands to multiple pcs is also forbidden (like VMs are).

True box also has ways to monitor if you're trying to control things through 1 keyboard mouse. If it detects input across your characters at the same time, it'll kick all your characters offline. I don't know the exact specifics as I don't box, but we have a crazy guy that runs like a 12 box crew, and sometimes we'll be raiding and he'll be "gently caress, got true boxed" as all his toons go offline.

Not saying you can't do it, but most of the boxers (just the 1-2 extra box people) I know don't try to really fight the system too much. They have spare comps and lovely laptops, and just line 'em up.

Here's the 12 boxer guy's setup:

My previous guild had a 9 boxer, his setup was 9 laptops surrounding him (he sent us a panorama video of it lol).

Pilsner posted:

Stumbled upon a file called "revision.txt" in my EQ directory, which stems from an ancient Kunark CD install and has been upgraded ever since. Man, the devs were such amateurs back then. Check out this bunch of patch notes from 1999, including a public shaming list of people who got banned for distruptive behavior.

That's awesome.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

quote:

- We believe we have solved one of the problems that occurs when people
would get booted at the EverQuest loading screen (with the Elf woman on it).

:lol:

e: RE: public shaming of people that got banned, didn't SOE also publish a list of people that change servers or paid for name changes, resulting in people knowing who the scumbags were at all times?

suuma fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Sep 18, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

suuma posted:

:lol:

e: RE: public shaming of people that got banned, didn't SOE also publish a list of people that change servers or paid for name changes, resulting in people knowing who the scumbags were at all times?

Yes

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

xZAOx posted:

Here's the 12 boxer guy's setup:

This guy is single

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I imagine the 12 boxer guy to be either an absolute nightmare to play with on raids or some sort of virtuoso with no in between. Why 12 though? I can at least understand 6 boxing (though I would never do it in a million years, 3 is fine with me on live and most I'd want to do true box is 2).

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Stanos posted:

I imagine the 12 boxer guy to be either an absolute nightmare to play with on raids or some sort of virtuoso with no in between. Why 12 though? I can at least understand 6 boxing (though I would never do it in a million years, 3 is fine with me on live and most I'd want to do true box is 2).

He's a super nice, chill dude. I don't know how he got to 12 or why.

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Agnarr news: they (tentatively) unfucked the Jade Chokidai Prod part of the Howling Stones key. Dude who drops it is popping all over the place constantly and now the Sarnak fort is a feeding frenzy!

I heard something about the VP key getting easier too, I don't know about the rest of the lovely parts of the game. Anyone got the scoop on all the poo poo that was changed during downtime?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Turpitude posted:

Agnarr news: they (tentatively) unfucked the Jade Chokidai Prod part of the Howling Stones key. Dude who drops it is popping all over the place constantly and now the Sarnak fort is a feeding frenzy!

I heard something about the VP key getting easier too, I don't know about the rest of the lovely parts of the game. Anyone got the scoop on all the poo poo that was changed during downtime?

VP key pieces are no longer MQable presumably removing most of the incentive to be fuckshits

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Turpitude posted:

I imagine this story more as one poor dude feeling sorry for people and increasing the spawn rates, then the B List celebrity devs that still work at this shitshow of a company finding out and dragging the guy off kicking and screaming while they berate him over something called "The Vision™".

Then they change all spawns to be half of what they were 16 years ago.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009

Tomahawk posted:

VP key pieces are no longer MQable presumably removing most of the incentive to be fuckshits

I hope this ends up being the case instead of people trying to sell "loot rights" instead. I guess it'll still help though.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Ramulack posted:

I hope this ends up being the case instead of people trying to sell "loot rights" instead. I guess it'll still help though.

Yeah, selling LRs to ground spawns is going to go well.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Completed my epic 2.0 on Phinny - I didn't notice the clicky effect was reduced to 3 minutes compared to 6 for the 1.5 - very nice !

There doesn't appear to be much in the way of quests in Omens of War so I may bite the bullet and do the BiC quest.

Only 10.5 weeks till DoN opens...

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Baconroll posted:

Only 10.5 weeks till DoN opens...

DoN doesn't add much.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Agnarr Talk :
I love Kunark expansion for what it adds to the grouping content and stuff you can do as a solo player.... but oh boy is it challenging to keep the guild motivated due to the lack of raiding content.
Also we've been dealing with the obvious kronofarm grabs from people clearly using all their dkp on tradable loot (RBB, Tobrin, ...) and then going on a "break" and never to be seen again.

Can't wait for the first true raiding expansion.

Did Phinigel endure the same problems during the second half of Kunark?

(Our raiding schedule looks like this : Always check for OW targets first, euroguild)
-Monday : Faydedar x2 >Fear > Hate
-Wednesday : Trakanon > Gorenaire > Talendor > Yaelx3
-Thursday : VS > Sev x2 > Naggy x3 > Vox x3
-Saturday : Optional Veeshan's Peak raid (we /random all loot as no dkp are gained. Over half of the guild is not comitting to camping the key parts, which is HORRIBLE on agnarr, recent fix hasn't changed the issue much)
-Sunday : Plane of Sky (5x SL and 5x SotS)

Raiding schedule feels quite full, but most of these fights we've been doing since the 5th week of Classic.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Evernoob posted:

Agnarr Talk :
I love Kunark expansion for what it adds to the grouping content and stuff you can do as a solo player.... but oh boy is it challenging to keep the guild motivated due to the lack of raiding content.
Also we've been dealing with the obvious kronofarm grabs from people clearly using all their dkp on tradable loot (RBB, Tobrin, ...) and then going on a "break" and never to be seen again.

Can't wait for the first true raiding expansion.

Did Phinigel endure the same problems during the second half of Kunark?

(Our raiding schedule looks like this : Always check for OW targets first, euroguild)
-Monday : Faydedar x2 >Fear > Hate
-Wednesday : Trakanon > Gorenaire > Talendor > Yaelx3
-Thursday : VS > Sev x2 > Naggy x3 > Vox x3
-Saturday : Optional Veeshan's Peak raid (we /random all loot as no dkp are gained. Over half of the guild is not comitting to camping the key parts, which is HORRIBLE on agnarr, recent fix hasn't changed the issue much)
-Sunday : Plane of Sky (5x SL and 5x SotS)

Raiding schedule feels quite full, but most of these fights we've been doing since the 5th week of Classic.

Man, I am there with you. I was super stoked for Kunark and I kinda still am because epics and stuff... But gently caress raiding content.

-Tuesday: VS > Sev > Fay > Talendor (We did Gorenaire once and are skipping it probably forever now)
-Thursday: Trak > Fear
-Sunday: Vox x2 > Naggy x2 > Sky (skip Overseer and Hand and island 4 usually) > Hate (Only Ire, Maestro, Magi, Inny - and whatever is in our way).

We are kinda ehhh on VP. Don't have the force keyed to clear ourselves. Trying to motivate folks like "Guys, lets just finish our our last slots for our friends, finish the grind, and we get rewarded with The Frozen Throne.. err Velious"

Edit: Yeah, Krono DKP bids are getting dicey. We've also gotten a crazyyy amount of CoFs, so that doesnt help lol

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
RU Frank the Ogre SK who i stumbled upon in the NE corner of Fear and let me loot my Wizzy Pants?

I still love Kunark for the 6man content like Chardok Royals and Howling Stones, but this is also the best era for Kronofarmers and it feels like this server got it worse than any previous one.

That they changed the Jade Prod drop and the VP MQ is proof enough for this.

If they ever launch a new TLP I kind of hope they launch Classic + Kunark as one package, and then give us 24 weeks of Velious + Luclin in one go.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I love Kunark zones, love epics, but I really never thought EQ figured out raiding and gear until Velious. That's when gear stops sucking, that's when they started kinda giving everyone some variety. At least that's my opinion.

The way our Phinny guild does things, we do current era on DKP nights, then other stuff becomes off-night. I don't know how they did it back in Kunark though, with so much less to do, and the previous era content still being relevant since Kunark just adds "oh more dragons that give that same loot and a raiding zone that's a clusterfuck to get into".

I'm loving Omens, but I'm also surprised at how quickly you beat the raid content. Compare it to GoD, which had several raid zones. Omens just has Anguish (like 2.5 hours) and the 6 trials (drops seem to be "oh yeah that's hot" to "grats a box"). I wish RSS had gotten that AoC, a few nice pieces there, and more to do. But we'll probably just end up doing one night as epics for a while. Really not a ton.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 25, 2017

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I saw this months ago in regards to agnarr. Very few people (from phinny) went over to agnarr to take it serious. Most went over to krono farm and/or grab a CoF or something to sell. A bunch of faceless left and joined us cos that guild is a poo poo show with RMR problems, terrible members and low raid turn outs.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Yeah, Phinny was a good experience all the way through pretty much. There were speedbumps with a lot of the same things but not nearly the level of assholery that Agnarr has.

Phinny also had it easier on VP key with the ability to spawn a metric fuckton of picks at will pretty much.

I used Kunark to make sure I had all my clickies, utility items and pre nerf gear secured and banked for the future. To hell with Veeshans Peak.

Hold The Ashes
Sep 17, 2017
Dumb question but it seems now they do a TLP bundle with a bag every time they launch a new progression server, does anyone know if you can buy it but not claim it until a new prog server comes out and then you would be able to have multiple on the new server when most people are rocking just one?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Evernoob posted:

RU Frank the Ogre SK who i stumbled upon in the NE corner of Fear and let me loot my Wizzy Pants?

I still love Kunark for the 6man content like Chardok Royals and Howling Stones, but this is also the best era for Kronofarmers and it feels like this server got it worse than any previous one.

That they changed the Jade Prod drop and the VP MQ is proof enough for this.

If they ever launch a new TLP I kind of hope they launch Classic + Kunark as one package, and then give us 24 weeks of Velious + Luclin in one go.

Haha, no, he's someone else. I'm the complete opposite, Frankdabank, the Erudite Pally.

Whoever is the Librarian, you're the best, thanks for the rezzes in Hole last night.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

FranktheBank posted:

Haha, no, he's someone else. I'm the complete opposite, Frankdabank, the Erudite Pally.

Whoever is the Librarian, you're the best, thanks for the rezzes in Hole last night.

that'd be me and I'm glad I could help. Thank you for the clutch heal when I was at 10% and my charm wanted me dead real bad.

Anyone know how camped the open world fear/hate planes are now? I've been wanting to go try and solo there as an enchanter and get some blue diamonds and such

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Solarin posted:

that'd be me and I'm glad I could help. Thank you for the clutch heal when I was at 10% and my charm wanted me dead real bad.

Anyone know how camped the open world fear/hate planes are now? I've been wanting to go try and solo there as an enchanter and get some blue diamonds and such

Hell yeah man, that was a hype fight lol.

OW Fear and Hate are pretty dead. I did Hate a couple nights ago and there was 1 group near zone in, we were near maestro, just /ooc'd rots. Fear had 4-6 people

Hold The Ashes
Sep 17, 2017
Does Agnarr have the insanely low solo XP rate as Phinny?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Hold The Ashes posted:

Does Agnarr have the insanely low solo XP rate as Phinny?

I don't think so, I level pretty fast.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Phinny exp isn't super slow anymore, but yes Agnarr is much much slower. Solo you can get up to like 11% aa per kill at 70, I haven't tested it myself so not sure if that was with lesson or not.

Hold The Ashes
Sep 17, 2017

Krazuel posted:

Phinny exp isn't super slow anymore, but yes Agnarr is much much slower. Solo you can get up to like 11% aa per kill at 70, I haven't tested it myself so not sure if that was with lesson or not.

Did you typo and mean to say Phinny is much much slower? The FAQ on the launcher says XP is faster on Agnarr than Phinny.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Agnarr is faster than Phinny was in the same era.
However if you make a new character now on Phinny, you will level faster than you did a year ago. This speed is probably faster than current Agnarr.

Soloing on Agnarr is very slow and tedious, because it is mostly the grouping experience that got a nice boost. Finding groups is usually pretty easy too, unless you are playing a less desired class. But then forming your group is usually the answer.

Off topic, a friend who i'm playing on Agnarr with wishes to try out Live as a duo with me with Mercs.
We will have member status off course, and have no interest in raiding on Live.

Which server would be good to level in as a duo, with the odd chance of finding another player?
Or should one of us box a 3rd free character + free merc?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Phinegal has had two?(?) increases throughout expansion launches, so it's exp is faster than Agnarr until Agnarr hits ~Pop. I leveled in classic on both Phinegal and Agnarr and honestly I couldn't tell a difference both were slow as poo poo.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The pace on Agnarr feels perfect to me. The levels fly by when grouped and in a good spot, but solo is decent enough for classes that can do it. Though the xp loss from dying hurts real bad when you're soloing, especially in the 50s.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Solarin posted:

The pace on Agnarr feels perfect to me. The levels fly by when grouped and in a good spot, but solo is decent enough for classes that can do it. Though the xp loss from dying hurts real bad when you're soloing, especially in the 50s.

I agree. XP was absolutely flying in solid groups.

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
Yep,

If you are in a solid group in a solid spot (Crushbone / Unrest / Lguk / CoM) from 1 to 45 exp flies and you should get at least 1 level per hour.
After 45 to 60 is does slow down quite a but taking several hours per level.

Nothing like Live though where I just logged on out of curiousity, made a bard, grabbed a tank merc, and just a couple of hours later i was lvl 30+ after leaving the 2nd zone without even grouping.

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Oh Phinny I'm having a lot of fun single grouping the mini-named in Anguish. No complex mechanics but you do need a very solid tank and a healer (or 2) who are quick on the mark as even with defensive the damage can be very spikey.

Getting a 150hp aug without paying any dkp is very nice !

I really don't know whether any SK or Pally could currently single group tank these reliably - maybe with 3 spam healers.

The minis really have quite low HPs so you don't need a lot of dps.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Baconroll posted:

I really don't know whether any SK or Pally could currently single group tank these reliably - maybe with 3 spam healers.

Yeah I run with various guild pugs and warrior defensive on these make this so much easier, too bad they ripped out Deflection :(

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

Baconroll posted:

The minis really have quite low HPs so you don't need a lot of dps.

Alternately, bring top DPS and watch them melt before your tank does.

A good rule of thumb for 99% of EverQuest is that the application of more DPS solves all of your problems.

Hold The Ashes
Sep 17, 2017
So because I'm human garbage I've ended up getting ahold of 100 krono without even deciding which server I wanted to play on between Phinny and Agnarr and need the patented goon advice

I'm the poopsocking type and want to raid and I really like velious/luclin/pop which Agnarr has coming up but I have the feeling the population is going to nose dive when it gets locked down to just PoP and I'm sure even I would get bored of nothing but PoP, so Phinny has that edge to me.

But starting this late on Phinny and without knowing anybody could I even get a raiding spot as a cleric, chanter or shaman and if I could would I even have a shot at getting my 2.0 being behind so many other people?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

Hold The Ashes posted:

So because I'm human garbage I've ended up getting ahold of 100 krono without even deciding which server I wanted to play on between Phinny and Agnarr and need the patented goon advice

I'm the poopsocking type and want to raid and I really like velious/luclin/pop which Agnarr has coming up but I have the feeling the population is going to nose dive when it gets locked down to just PoP and I'm sure even I would get bored of nothing but PoP, so Phinny has that edge to me.

But starting this late on Phinny and without knowing anybody could I even get a raiding spot as a cleric, chanter or shaman and if I could would I even have a shot at getting my 2.0 being behind so many other people?

Yeah wouldn't take long either if you are willing to spend some of that krono dollars for a powerlevel on phinegal. 2.0 would probably be doable too, as most guilds would prioritize orbs to main over alts and they are rolling in pretty quickly. All those classes are pretty wanted roo with maybe a slight edge to enchanters this expansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Clerics never have trouble finding a raid guild.

Orbs just depends on the guild. Some will loot council, some dkp, but there's basically 4.5 more months of Anguish raiding, with 4-5 orbs a week. They'll be at rot status (aka, boxes) long before then. Provided you join a competent guild that can clear Anguish of course.