Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

BarronsArtGallery posted:

ya but I swear to god after like a few years everyone did this thing that hipsters do like when they decide to incorporate a new identity to stand out from the new consensus. so they start arguing that the prequels are actually really good and Lucas is a secret genius.

no of course it wasn't due to the fact that his kids needed college tuition money

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/Russian_Starr/status/913579652488290304

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
they also got triggered when I said that lightsaber-proof riot baton in VII was dumb as hell so I dunno what I'm expecting tbh

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

http://www.davidbrin.com/nonfiction/starwars2.html

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

:thunk:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
thank god Cointelpro saved America in the sixties 🙏

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Lightsabers are dumb there i sez it

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

BarronsArtGallery posted:

I'm just making small talk in the ed balls thread d00d. everyone in that thread were the ones that got triggered. Especially after the last comment I made lo

Sure they did

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
it's true and star wars trilogies have preceded reactionary waves: reagan, bush, trump

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Call me when they invent a lightflail

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

watch

other

movies

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

watch

other

movies

this is like when harry potter had to throw the ring away

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

felt m8 🌿🌀😝

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

hikkomori-books

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Barron trump should have been the king of naboo but the nausicaans hosed up stealing the election

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I cried when bambis mom died of aids

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean, he's right, but one would've thought the proof had been there from the offset.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

your posts are makin me nausicaan

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Lucas wanted to badguy in the force unleased video games to be darth insanitarius. Not even joking.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Reality Winner posted:

Lucas wanted to badguy in the force unleased video games to be darth insanitarius. Not even joking.

can he be banned from life

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Reality Winner posted:

Call me when they invent a lightflail

One of the games got modded and you could have a lightshield which owned. It was just a little square block made of light that deflected lasers and you pushed through people.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Reality Winner posted:

George Pukeass

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
woker when broker
thunker when drunker

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Louise Mensch is insane, but it's also true that Russia "invented" whataboutism by deflecting criticism of their regime by pointing out the the US lynches (present tense) African-Americans

And that's on top of African diplomats making their way to the UN from the airport being unable to eat at roadside diners nor stop at nearby hotels because they weren't allowed to per Jim Crow

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
"i want the liberals to be the good guys, but the movie keeps showing them to be bad and dumb! the movie is broken!" -- a liberal star wars prequel viewer

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

triple sulk posted:

i'm gonna repeat myself

again

the second trump is ousted, hashtag the resistance considers their mission over because their mission is 1000% about trump being in office. it's not about republicans or republican policy. it's strictly about trump. the best plan is to just let trump stay in office and continue to be loving terrible (despite the ever persistent threat to ending humanity in nuclear hellfire) so he pisses off most of the country but also keeps hashtag the resistance people mad as gently caress so they actually give a poo poo and turn out to vote because you can't totally rely on everyone else and if 2016 taught us anything you really want every vote you can get

if they stop giving a gently caress if he's ousted they don't turn out and you get a republican in office again in 2020, be it a pence on a second term or whatever

There's something in common here with the Republican strategy re: abortion, just can't place it.

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
Why are we talking about Star Wars?

Empire was pretty good for a movie made in the 80's but that's about it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

the best plan is to just let trump ... end ... humanity in nuclear hellfire

yes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

https://twitter.com/Ugarles/status/913439214712377345

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

gradenko_2000 posted:

Louise Mensch is insane, but it's also true that Russia "invented" whataboutism by deflecting criticism of their regime by pointing out the the US lynches (present tense) African-Americans

And that's on top of African diplomats making their way to the UN from the airport being unable to eat at roadside diners nor stop at nearby hotels because they weren't allowed to per Jim Crow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_you_are_lynching_Negroes

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

gradenko_2000 posted:

Louise Mensch is insane, but it's also true that Russia "invented" whataboutism
lmao just lmao

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
how loving American do you have to be to think that deflection is a creation of the (Russian) USSR

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 12:15 on Sep 29, 2017

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

jBrereton posted:

how loving American do you have to be to think that deflection is a creation of the (Russian) USSR

I did put it in quotes didn't I

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/913724057484279808

He's up

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/913723771336392704
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/913724766208610304
lol he's gonna give PR nothing

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

duke orange doesn't like his bad ratings

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

God. He literally only gives a poo poo about his 'ratings'.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

jBrereton posted:

i think you mean Otkloneniye, invented by the KGB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

He's gonna give em some sweet rear end tax cuts

• Locked thread