Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StriderVM
Aug 23, 2013

Ybrik posted:

Switch kuja for cid raines, rikku for tyro, and tidus for CId(ff7) then you should have no trouble until you get to more specialized content. That gives you Wall, Hastega, and a dps monster

Thanks for the tips. How would I do this? Should I try to draw on some banners? Any specific skills to craft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

HPanda posted:

Well, the banner had a Hamelin on it, which means I now have another Hamelin. Seriously, every freaking time. On the up side, also got Edea's BSB, which was one of my chase items on this banner. Maybe now I can actually take out Fenrir. Also got a Dagger of Resolve, which, whatever. Already have her BSB2, so this is more just extra stats for her and a +Lightning magic dagger.

Did another stupidity pull on a whim, but it paid off. Got Zidane's Ultra. Definitely not too shabby and my first wind imperil. Also got another Edea BSB, so okay!

Oh, and dollar pull got me Cid BSB. This banner has been kind to me.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Spent 5 pulls chasing Squall's BSB ended up without it but got USBs for Cloud and Zidane, Seph OSB, and BSBs for Zell, Edea, Zidane and Cloud (dupe)

Not bad at all, guess I'm diving Cloud now. Zidane and Cloud look like they'll be best bros

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

StriderVM posted:

Thanks for the tips. How would I do this? Should I try to draw on some banners? Any specific skills to craft?

You have everything to succeed with soul break wise so just pull on banners where you see value/low amount of dupes.

I'd give Cid Raines wrath and memento mori thats all he needs.
Tyro some combination of fullbreak/multibreak and then either another stacking break or protectga/shellga.

Cid(ff7) is mostly there for his SB so just pick whatever your strongest dragoon/machinist abilities are.
Cloud is your heavy hitter so I'd give him life siphon and Omega drive or whatever.

Lastly You have Aeris as your healer so give here your strongest cure spell and whatever barrier you didn't put on Tyro.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I was really hopeful when that many rainbows came out, but I didn't get the big ones. Still pretty satisfied with the pull overall daggers aside. The only dupe is Squall USB.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

edit: How is Rinoa's BSB, anyway? I don't see anyone ever mentioning it which I assume means it's not very good.

It's good, but it's in direct competition with Edea BSB, which is in most circumstances better. Also, Rinoa's MAG-Mug on her CMD2 can interfere with breakdowns if you're not careful (though it's only a -40% to MBD's -50%, so it's only a 5% difference against most break-resistant content).

Still, it's an en-ice with scaling potency thresholds (as opposed to scaling hit thresholds) and a self-MAG-boost. It's good enough to use in high-end stuff. It's an A- to Edea BSB's A+, for a gauge of how valuable it is.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I was really hopeful when that many rainbows came out, but I didn't get the big ones. Still pretty satisfied with the pull overall daggers aside. The only dupe is Squall USB.

Those daggers can be combined to make a decent +lighting mage weapon.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

KataraniSword posted:

It's good, but it's in direct competition with Edea BSB, which is in most circumstances better. Also, Rinoa's MAG-Mug on her CMD2 can interfere with breakdowns if you're not careful (though it's only a -40% to MBD's -50%, so it's only a 5% difference against most break-resistant content).

Still, it's an en-ice with scaling potency thresholds (as opposed to scaling hit thresholds) and a self-MAG-boost. It's good enough to use in high-end stuff. It's an A- to Edea BSB's A+, for a gauge of how valuable it is.

Ah that sounds pretty good then, I got Edea's BSB also so I guess I'll let them tag team Fenrir, surely that has to be less painful than trying to take him out with Celes' BSB2 and Bartz spamming Snowspell Strike.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ah that sounds pretty good then, I got Edea's BSB also so I guess I'll let them tag team Fenrir, surely that has to be less painful than trying to take him out with Celes' BSB2 and Bartz spamming Snowspell Strike.

Oh, absolutely. With two faithgas and their own self-buffs, and they'll tear the puppy apart, no need to worry about blink sucking up damage. Still gotta watch out for Slow procs and pre-mitigation ganks, but that's the biggest dangers in the fight.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

edit: How is Rinoa's BSB, anyway? I don't see anyone ever mentioning it which I assume means it's not very good.

Minor note: that's her BSB2, she also has a (less impressive) older BSB.

I got Rinoa's BSB2 and Edea's BSB too, so I guess that's ice handled for the forseeable future.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm 3/33 on anniversary banners so far. Fortunately the PS1 banner broke my nothing but dupes streak and I got Edea's BSB. It's nice, but I still feel a little shafted.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
gonna write this post as I pull because why not

Pull 1: 2/14 Zidane USB, BSB!

Nice! I really love Zidane and I'm stoked I got both his things! haha this is awesome, I'm happy

Pull 2: 5/14 Sephiroth OSB, BSB, Eiko BSB, Rinoa BSB, Zell BSB

HOLY poo poo

uh

should I keep going or just leave this as is? because holy poo poo dudes

I just needed a great DPS and I think Zidane covers that now. I wanted an Ice BSB though for Fran synergy. 7/14 is pretty loving great though.

I guess if I stop now I could pull on 4 and hope for Ayame BSB?

goddamn guys I think this might have been by best round of pulls since I started playing this game :D

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Nice! I really love Zidane and I'm stoked I got both his things! haha this is awesome, I'm happy

HOLY poo poo

uh

I just needed a great DPS and I think Zidane covers that now. I wanted an Ice BSB though for Fran synergy. 7/14 is pretty loving great though.

goddamn guys I think this might have been by best round of pulls since I started playing this game :D

I vote to keep on going. If the game is giving you 14-pulls for 50 myth, you got yourself a good thing going on.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Did the Omega MP Cid Mission in short order. Really the only vital ingredient is Last Stand and aoe regen/esuna. Everything else is optional, even the Stops. I did two with mastery where no one had stop.

It's a pretty fragile boss that can be rushed down.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 29, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

HOLY poo poo

uh

4 dupes is usually too many for me, I'd definitely stop at 7

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Three dupes is questionable. Four is a bad idea. Five is absolutely no go.

Five is where I ended up after two pulls so the Squall/Cloud chase is over.

Zidane USB - seems extremely good
Squall USB - doesn't look very exciting without enice and a 5* spellblade
Zidane BSB2 - seems extremely good
Zell BSB - seems really good
Rinoa BSB2 - seems good

Good pair of pulls despite missing the hot prizes. What amuses me is how I have three BSB+ relics for Squall and he still isn't great.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Any opinions on Snow's BSB1? Considering it for my Gem Selection.

Since grabbing Squall's BSB2 and USB I want to get something Ice+, I thought just going for Snow on the Gem Draw and grabbing another Last Stand might be nice. I have at least one piece of boosting equipment for every element but Ice (and Poison) right now. It seems better then Lulu's Burst at the minimum, but I'm not sure if the stat stick is $30 worthy.

Next opportunities for +Ice stuff seems to be either the XIII-2 banner for Serah's Swimsuit and Noel's Armlet, or all the way for 3rd Anniversary for Squall's UOSB and FSB.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I can confirm that Zidane's BSB2 is very good.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Three dupes is questionable. Four is a bad idea. Five is absolutely no go.

Five is where I ended up after two pulls so the Squall/Cloud chase is over.

Zidane USB - seems extremely good
Squall USB - doesn't look very exciting without enice and a 5* spellblade
Zell BSB - seems really good
Rinoa BSB2 - seems good

Good pair of pulls despite missing the hot prizes. What amuses me is how I have three BSB+ relics for Squall and he still isn't great.

Yep, I'm thinking I'm going to follow in your footsteps and quit while I'm ahead.

Getting a fully decked-out Zidane and Sephiroth in one go is too good to tempt fate on. This'll let me pull once or twice on 4 and go hard on 5 as well.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

pichupal posted:

Any opinions on Snow's BSB1? Considering it for my Gem Selection.

Since grabbing Squall's BSB2 and USB I want to get something Ice+, I thought just going for Snow on the Gem Draw and grabbing another Last Stand might be nice. I have at least one piece of boosting equipment for every element but Ice (and Poison) right now. It seems better then Lulu's Burst at the minimum, but I'm not sure if the stat stick is $30 worthy.

Next opportunities for +Ice stuff seems to be either the XIII-2 banner for Serah's Swimsuit and Noel's Armlet, or all the way for 3rd Anniversary for Squall's UOSB and FSB.

It's a lifesiphonable last stand. The damage is okay but not exciting. He's in my Fenrir team keeping the primary DPS 80 Serah alive.

I don't recommend spending 30 a stat stick but consider it if you lack a source of guts?

private message
Aug 22, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]
Just pulled Squall BSB2. What's the best way to use it? Thunder God's Might RM, BSB2 -> CMD1 x3 -> Cloud USB RW -> CMD2?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

God I hope the 2nd round of the mythril dungeon hits tomorrow night otherwise I'm gonna be screwed on doing an 11 pull for Zidane stuff. :ohdear:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The pulls continue

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Game really psyched me out by giving my a disco ball but making a dupe Sephiroth OSB. At least I got Eiko BSB which was probably my best possible 5*.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

Despite great pulls I'm still pissed off at the game because the roulette is infuriating. This is not how you do a fest.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

fridge corn posted:

The pulls continue

Stop hogging all the good pulls my man

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

It's not the best Cloud dollar pull, but I'll take it!

(edit) My fest is actually going pretty nice. Pull tally during this past week:

3x Luckies
2x FFVI, banner 1
1x Fest Banner 1
1x Gem Select:
Dollar pulls on everything

3 new USB (Tyro 1+2, Yuffie), 1 new OSB (Quistis), 7 new BSB (Cloud 2, Squall 2, Yuffie, Sazh, Leila, Porom, Sabin, Garnet 1), one new SSB (Setzer 2).

And I still have two more planned banner 5 pulls left, my gem select, and quite probably a pull on the Crystal Tower select. :toot:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 29, 2017

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

There are the dreams you let yourself have when you see three discos on the pull, then there's the brutal reality when they flip over.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

There are the dreams you let yourself have when you see three discos on the pull, then there's the brutal reality when they flip over.

When the fanfare on the third reveal is sarcastic.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So exvius has a bunch of nothing going on and I have a few questions;
1. I haven't played this since like, right after release. Did they ever make tidus or whoever the release bonus unit a regular unit?
2. Is there anything worth re-rolling for right now or would it be better to just grab my old account and go for it, if I can remember my account poo poo?
3. I assume the game has changed a bunch since then, what's the new hotness?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Nuebot posted:

So exvius has a bunch of nothing going on and I have a few questions;
1. I haven't played this since like, right after release. Did they ever make tidus or whoever the release bonus unit a regular unit?
2. Is there anything worth re-rolling for right now or would it be better to just grab my old account and go for it, if I can remember my account poo poo?
3. I assume the game has changed a bunch since then, what's the new hotness?

1.Yes, almost every character you could imagine is in game at this point and easily recruitable through a museum.
2.If you quit soon after launch id just do a new account. Theres a new 30x pull for this anniversary event, dont even have to pay mythril, so you could just restart till you get a good pull. I guarantee nothing you had is worth any value at this point.
3.A LOT. But in the short term, several new tiers of soul breaks which radically shift the gameplay.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

RagnarokAngel posted:

1.Yes, almost every character you could imagine is in game at this point and easily recruitable through a museum.
2.If you quit soon after launch id just do a new account. Theres a new 30x pull for this anniversary event, dont even have to pay mythril, so you could just restart till you get a good pull. I guarantee nothing you had is worth any value at this point.
3.A LOT. But in the short term, several new tiers of soul breaks which radically shift the gameplay.

Yeah I don't remember poo poo so I guess I'll just do a new. Anything super awesome I should be aiming for at the moment?

EDIT: Turns out you can't re-roll. So much for this idea.

Double Edit: Emulator to the rescue;

Any good? I got two huge rainbow shits.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Sep 29, 2017

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Thats such a broad statement especially because you dont have anything to begin with. Id pull till you get like, at least 5 orbs out of 30 and then ask the discord if its a keeper.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I got Squall's BSB2 from my pulls...

I also have Lulu's dress. Say yes to the dress, Squall. :getin:

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Three 11 pulls plus a dollar draw:

100 gem - Dupe Seph BSB2
11x - Cloud BSB2, Dupe hamelin
11x - Dupe Seph BSB2, Squall USB
Ill-advised 11x - Zidane USB, Dupe Seph OSB

No Cloud USB for me, looks like. Now I have far too many dupes to keep going.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The only exp RMs are Cid, Luneth, and OK, right?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

The only exp RMs are Cid, Luneth, and OK, right?

No, theres one for palom and relm as well so you can kit out a full party.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Nuebot posted:

Double Edit: Emulator to the rescue;

Any good? I got two huge rainbow shits.

Orlandeau has arguably the best OSB in the game, that pull is worth it alone. Get him unlocked as soon as you get a Soul of Hero and you're on your way

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RagnarokAngel posted:

No, theres one for palom and relm as well so you can kit out a full party.

Nice, but they're all RM2s noooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

1/11 Burst :/ (Zidane)

Do we get another chunk of mythril soon? Would like to roll on banner 4 as well.

• Locked thread