Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Oh man my ten year is coming up soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

We're at 2 that I know of. 1 if you don't count the guy who decided to eat a bullet between sophmore and junior year. The other one died giving birth a couple years ago. I didn't think that really happened in the first world anymore.

Maternal Mortality: We're doing a little worse than Kazakhstan and a little better than Thailand.

MAGA

E: suboptimal, that's the most accurate sex-ed I've ever heard of.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Arc Light posted:

So, while the police department is hands-off, the Sheriff (an elected official) is going all in.

Yikes.

Edited for clarity/screenshot. And to show off Sheriff Whittington's glorious visage, which he attached to his post.

Ah look, another rear end in a top hat that hasn't read the SCOTUS ruling on the Pledge and the National Anthem.

Have fun in court.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Most of the people I went to school with were douche canoes that I have no interest in and honestly cannot even remember their names or faces anymore. I think every reunion for my class has been cancelled due to lack of attendance but I only catch that news second hand from the few cool people I talk to on Facebook.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pesticide20 posted:

Oh man my ten year is coming up soon

My ten year is tomorrow.

gently caress driving six hours south to see which of the girls in my class have pumped out more than one kid.

My class was only 100 people and I keep up with the ones I like, gently caress a ten year reunion

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I only went to my 10 year so I could subtly gloat that I hadn't gotten too fat, didn't have any kids out of wedlock, and didn't have any DUIs or felony convictions.

It was also nice to see that some people I'd written off as gently caress ups ended up getting their lives together and turned into some really cool people. :gbsmith:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I was in the field when my ten year came around.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Y'all young as gently caress

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I've never returned to my high school town except to see immediate family, mostly after medical issues. All the HS people I care about moved to the coasts or various southern or northern cities. Or died.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

The class president and 20th organizer ate his gun the week before our 20th. It was so typical. His dad died leaving a ton of debts, he was a lawyer dealing coke to try to make it back(supposedly), and the Feds got him all kind of indicted. He had married a real sweetie from our class too, and left her and twins to face the music.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My 10 year is in a couple months. I won't be attending. I kept in touch with the few worth talking to, and don't really care what anyone else is up to. My hometown is a nice place so you can't really fault people for not leaving.

I've got a really good memory which makes it really easy to hold a grudge. A lot of the friends I had in high school were idiots that I don't miss. If I could do it over I'd have run cross country instead of doing JROTC poo poo.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 29, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

DoktorLoken posted:

No poo poo. The only thing along those lines that I remember is one of the weird goth kids going to prison for murder after he deliberately hung his friend and watched him die.

Uhhh Jesus loving christ

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
10 year came and went. Didn't give a poo poo. Got all the details of who died/is a crackhead/pumped out kids and got fat from a guy I knew since elementary school, when we happened to be working on the same construction site together for a bit. Small-ish town, so most of us grew up together from elementary through high school.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

lol if you and your classmates weren't the target of your cannibal librarian. Just lol.

http://nypost.com/2014/03/14/cannibal-cops-pals-convicted-in-sick-rape-kill-fantasy-plot/

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Skipped both my 10th and 20th year reunions.
I was thinking the same thing and then realized I was a decade off.

Smiling Jack posted:

Y'all young as gently caress

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
What's the point of being older than 39. I'm already going bald. Hope I die while I still have hair

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I interrupt "who's oldest?" chat for an important message from the president.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/913550237377138688

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

mlmp08 posted:

I interrupt "who's oldest?" chat for an important message from the president.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/913550237377138688

I'm not impressed my president

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

ElMaligno posted:

I'm not impressed my president

Please remember that the real tragedy is how poorly the president's been treated.

Also my in laws don't have water or power, but maybe they should be thankful or something something Fox News something.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

milk milk lemonade posted:

What's the point of being older than 39. I'm already going bald. Hope I die while I still have hair

I started balding at 17 so count your goddamn blessings

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Professor Bling posted:

I started balding at 17 so count your goddamn blessings

I choked up a little bit over Lethal Weapon the show cause Murtaugh and Riggs make such a cute couple. Pretty sure I have the estrogen induced baldness. I'm a balding bitch

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

A guy in my grade, who I knew a little bit, fell asleep at the wheel and got in a terrible wreck that almost killed him. He was pulled from a burning vehicle and afterward, supposedly, they couldn't figure out how anyone opened his door. Ergo, Jesus. After a couple questions from the student body about how this changed his life (jesus), someone was like "what about all the people that die" and then it was classic "we're out of time, back to class" mode.

The only semi-famous person I knew from my school was a second-rate NFL player that bounced around the league for a handful of years before dropping away. Turns out the model on Let's Make a Deal was two classes behind me, though.

Edit: A friend at our rival HS died in a blackhawk crash as part of CTF-B. First active duty funeral I attended (shortly before I joined), and the moment that I learned Taps is usually a loving recording while someone pretends to play a bugle.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 29, 2017

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

milk milk lemonade posted:

I choked up a little bit over Lethal Weapon the show cause Murtaugh and Riggs make such a cute couple. Pretty sure I have the estrogen induced baldness. I'm a balding bitch

Might as well 'roid up you got nothing to lose

E: most notable alumnus from my HS won an early episode of Fear Factor and then told Joe Rogan he was gonna spend his prize money on butt implants.

They weren't even that big.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 29, 2017

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I went to my 10 (ex got faaaaaat), went to my 20 (ex lost the weight was actually skinnier than high school).

I enjoyed them both. One of the footballers became a lawyer and footed the open bar bill so that was nice. He's still a douche but a big hearted one at least.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

We didn't have a cool guest speaker like everyone else. One of my classmates, a star football player with multiple scholarship offers for full rides, got killed holding up a liquor store. Same store he hit twice prior.
About ten percent of the chicks in my graduating class became strippers, and like 40% of the overall class ended up with pill/opiod/heroin problems. Some kid I graduated with (but didn't know) has stolen several classmates phones. Just from the pics he posts to Facebook you can see he is doped out, but morons keep lending him their phones, "to call my ride real quick".

I have also skipped every reunion and just realized I graduated 15 years ago. gently caress.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

my kinda ape posted:

Also we had some dude who got a silver star for like jumping on a grenade and covering it with his helmet or something. He told an entire auditorium of middle and high schoolers about having to double tap wounded drugged up Iraqi insurgents. I wish I could remember his name, I'm pretty sure he had written a book about his experiences. It sounds like something I loving dreamed up in retrospect but I'm 95% sure I'm remembering it correctly.

It was this guy! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Kasal

Actually pretty badass.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
So, hypothetical here. My 10 year is coming up next year. I moved out the summer I graduated. Wasn't part of the church, so I ain't got that bulletin board to look up. I vaguely remember the name of class president. The only folks on my friends lists are the ones who never did a fb purge.

Where do you start digging to find out about a highschool reunion?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Facebook.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I promise you'll enjoy watching the underrated comedy "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" more than you will going to you own.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dare I asks how a song would slap?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Dare I asks how a song would slap?

Bass my dude

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
GED class of 2000.

gently caress reunions.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
"If you can't treat someone with dignity and respect, then get out."

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/913595160214286336

Someone at the Air Force Academy Prep School wrote "go home n-" on the whiteboards of five black cadet candidates. The LTG is properly pissed and gave the Mattis-level speech above, including telling everyone in the room to grab their phones and film him so they can take his words with them.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Sep 29, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Several of my classmates went on to become famous in a pop punk band that's far more popular than I realized. One was on Survivor. A few are professional actors with varying levels of success.

And then there's a pretty classic tale of high school death where one kid died early in junior year from a car accident. He was the passenger and was ejected through the windshield. The guy driving made it through without serious injury. He wasn't the same dude after that.

And then a nice, quiet girl who I remember being a really decent human being killed herself while I was in basic training.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

cowboy elvis posted:

Several of my classmates went on to become famous in a pop punk band that's far more popular than I realized. One was on Survivor. A few are professional actors with varying levels of success.

And then there's a pretty classic tale of high school death where one kid died early in junior year from a car accident. He was the passenger and was ejected through the windshield. The guy driving made it through without serious injury. He wasn't the same dude after that.

And then a nice, quiet girl who I remember being a really decent human being killed herself while I was in basic training.

Are you talking about The Academy Is?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Yes

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
The school I went to in Florida has only had 10 or so deaths out of 375. Most have been the typical dui/overdose/suicide. One was a girl who got caught with ecstasy in college and the police flipped her to be an informant. The geniuses in Tallahassee PD decided this little red headed Jewish girl should try to buy pounds of coke and automatic weapons from the local drug kingpin as her first job. They found her murdered a few counties over.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Rachel_Hoffman

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

The school I went to in Florida has only had 10 or so deaths out of 375. Most have been the typical dui/overdose/suicide. One was a girl who got caught with ecstasy in college and the police flipped her to be an informant. The geniuses in Tallahassee PD decided this little red headed Jewish girl should try to buy pounds of coke and automatic weapons from the local drug kingpin as her first job. They found her murdered a few counties over.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Rachel_Hoffman

that would be funny if it wasn't sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

that would be funny if it wasn't sad

Even worse, Check out the Law they passed in response at the bottom: Its basically spitting on her grave.

• Locked thread