Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

89 posted:

No flex. Starting lineup (10 man league, 0.5 PPR)

QB: Winston
RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Todd Gurley
WR: Julio Jones
WR: AJ Green
WR: Keenan Allen
TE: Cameron Brate
K: whateva
LB: Kwon Alexander
LB: Benadrick McKinney
DB: Landon Collins
DL: Melvin Ingram

Bench:
Joe Mixon
Mike Gillsle
Pierre Garcon
Marquis Lee
Jared Cook
Alex Smith
Jarrad Davis
Lawrence Timmons

Even for a 10-team league this is an absurdly stacked team. I don't think you can go wrong with either side of the trade, just go with your gut. But I have to ask about what kind of people you're drafting with here. Is this a keeper league or something? How did you end up with 3 consensus first rounders on your team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Is there a rule against DFS discussion? Curious why there are no DK/FD threads. Their ads were annoying af but the game is actually pretty fun.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Boof Bonser posted:

Is there a rule against DFS discussion? Curious why there are no DK/FD threads. Their ads were annoying af but the game is actually pretty fun.

There's a DFS thread.

It's dead.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
[quote="“Beer4TheBeerGod”" post="“476874766”"]
I would still start him.
[/quote]

The historical Crabtree and Cooper numbers against the No Fly Zone are hoooooorrible. I'm sitting Crabbycakes.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is there a reason to jump on Aaron Jones for a desperate rb pick up?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

montgomery's ribs might be broken but green bay will not go into their next game with only two rbs, one of whom is a fullback., so i'd grab him if you have an empty slot but it's a decent chance he winds up splitting carries with a free agent.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there a reason to jump on Aaron Jones for a desperate rb pick up?

Aaron Jones is pretty clearly a better RB than Jamaal Williams. Explosive, good measureables, dangerous in the passing game. I'd add him, but I fully expect stupid motherfucker, Mike McCarthy to go trade for Eddie Lacy or Knile Davis or some stupid poo poo like that. Assuming Ty Mont and J. Williams can't go.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Hmm okay. My rb situation is a nightmare atm, fournette is my main but my others are Stewart, burkhead, and Morris if ezekiel sits. I did pick up Smallwood but it's all shaky ground.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

montgomery's ribs might be broken but green bay will not go into their next game with only two rbs, one of whom is a fullback., so i'd grab him if you have an empty slot but it's a decent chance he winds up splitting carries with a free agent.

Saints, please trade Adrian to Green Bay and get something good back.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Saints, please trade Adrian to Green Bay and get something good back.

As a reluctant Peterson owner, second.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Kingtheninja posted:

Hmm okay. My rb situation is a nightmare atm, fournette is my main but my others are Stewart, burkhead, and Morris if ezekiel sits. I did pick up Smallwood but it's all shaky ground.

There is potential for Jones to be a starting RB on an NFL team which makes him light years more valuable than Morris and Burkhead rn. I would pick him up. The cost is literally just the worst player on your roster.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Boof Bonser posted:

Even for a 10-team league this is an absurdly stacked team. I don't think you can go wrong with either side of the trade, just go with your gut. But I have to ask about what kind of people you're drafting with here. Is this a keeper league or something? How did you end up with 3 consensus first rounders on your team?

I drafted with people who ended up with good teams. I just had some luck.

I was #5 out of 10 in the draft.

- I drafted LeSean McCoy in the 1st
- Aaron Rodgers & Brady went in the 1st round to the old timers. Baldwin went at the front of the 2nd, so AJ Green slipped to me in the 2nd.
- Demariyus Thomas & Keenan were my next picks. SOMEHOW Gurley was there in the 5th, so I took him.

quote:

Draft Day Roster:
WR: Demariyus Thomas
TE: Tyler Eifert
K: who cares
LB: Jerrell Freeman

Bench:
Stefon Diggs
Mike Gillisle
Joe Mixon
Danny Woodhead
Pierre Garçon
Eric Decker
Kenny Britt
Terrance West
Chris Hogan

Then, I:

Traded:
Demariyus Thomas & Stefon Diggs for Julio Jones
Keenan Allen & Joe Mixon for Jordy Nelson

Current roster:

quote:

WR: Jordy Nelson
K: 🤷🏻‍♂️
LB: Jarrad Davis

Bench:
Mike Gillisle
Pierre Garçon
Marquis Lee
Alex Smith
Jared Cook
Benandrick McKinney
Lawrence Timmons

I've got 1 open roster spot I think. I wouldn't normally roster so many LBs, but I've had....a time with injuries to my LBs

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

89 posted:

A dude is offering Jordy Nelson for my Keenan Allen and Joe Mixon. Mixon isn't in my starting lineup...

I would take this. Jordy is an absolute beast, and Adams might be out for a while with that nasty hit he took.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

14 Team league 1 PPR

Team A gets Devonta Freeman

Team B gets Michael Thomas and Chris Thompson

Thoughts?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I declined his offer and told him he could have Diggs or Martin, but not both. Also that I'd throw in Abdullah and KBenjamin too. He hasn't responded yet.

I win even if he doesn't take any trade from me. The only way I lose is if he trades one of them to someone else. But last I heard, he was firing off trade offers of Brady for everyone's first rounders, so yeah...

He ended up wanting to do Rodgers for Diggs/KBenjamin. Which is p good, but it would only leave me with two WR on my roster. If one of them got hurt (or both!) I would be in a really bad position WR-wise...

WW only has scrubs like Shepard, Hurns, and Sanu.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RisqueBarber posted:

14 Team league 1 PPR

Thoughts?

Team B

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

He ended up wanting to do Rodgers for Diggs/KBenjamin. Which is p good, but it would only leave me with two WR on my roster. If one of them got hurt (or both!) I would be in a really bad position WR-wise...

WW only has scrubs like Shepard, Hurns, and Sanu.

He isn't willing to throw in one of his better than WW WR's to complete it?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RisqueBarber posted:

14 Team league 1 PPR

Thoughts?

It's a pretty equitable trade, either way. This could possibly benefit both teams "equally" depending on how their rosters are built.

Anisocoria Feldman
Dec 11, 2007

I'm sorry if I'm spoiling everybody's good time.

Sooooo is it time to cut bait on Martellus Bennett or is there some chance that he still ends up a top 15 TE? And also, does it even matter? :rolleyes:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I mean lolGB TEs, but they did just lose Davante Adams and Ty Monty to possibly multiweek injuries, I would hold and see for now if possible.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Alfalfa posted:

He isn't willing to throw in one of his better than WW WR's to complete it?

His WR are awful.

I made the trade. I realized I can always trade one of my 5 other RB for another WR if I have to.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

Sooooo is it time to cut bait on Martellus Bennett or is there some chance that he still ends up a top 15 TE? And also, does it even matter? :rolleyes:

If you're in nonPPR sure. His value comes from higher than average volume targets, with some potential upside now that Ty is out (Rodgers has somehow managed to share the targets near equally across Ty, Bennett, Cobb, Jordy, and Davante). His red zone stats are also decent, it just happens that on those touchdown slant routes defenses are collapsing on him instead of Jordy.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Geronimo might figure back into the packers as well, with adams out.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

89 posted:

No flex. Starting lineup (10 man league, 0.5 PPR)

K: whateva
LB: Benadrick McKinney

Bench:
Joe Mixon
Mike Gillsle
Pierre Garcon
Marquis Lee
Jared Cook
Alex Smith
Jarrad Davis
Lawrence Timmons

How in the hell did you get Gurley, AJ, Julio, and Lesean in a 10 person league? That looks like a 4 person league.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

89 posted:

I drafted with people who ended up with good teams. I just had some luck.

I was #5 out of 10 in the draft.

- I drafted LeSean McCoy in the 1st
- Aaron Rodgers & Brady went in the 1st round to the old timers. Baldwin went at the front of the 2nd, so AJ Green slipped to me in the 2nd.
- Demariyus Thomas & Keenan were my next picks. SOMEHOW Gurley was there in the 5th, so I took him.

Then, I:

Traded:
Demariyus Thomas & Stefon Diggs for Julio Jones
Keenan Allen & Joe Mixon for Jordy Nelson

Current roster:

I've got 1 open roster spot I think. I wouldn't normally roster so many LBs, but I've had....a time with injuries to my LBs

Ah, you're playing with morons, got it.

I'd say you're pretty close to on cruise control to 1st. I'm sure some others have good teams as well but you've effectively got like 5 1st/2nd round picks which means there are some chumps out there with 0 or 1.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 29, 2017

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

scrubs season six posted:

How in the hell did you get Gurley, AJ, Julio, and Lesean in a 10 person league? That looks like a 4 person league.

I got Hunt, Cook, Evans, and Julio in my 10 man league.

Most 10 man leagues I've noticed always have a homer or two who always over reach leaving plenty of good stuff later on.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

My fantasy season so far was summed up last night in 2 plays.

1PPR league Adams isn't getting thrown hardly anything but yet scores his 2nd TD to put me in a nice spot moving forward after Thursday...

Oh wait holding lets try this again.

He died :rip: just like my championship hopes.

Right on the edge of busting through then oops

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

help I can't decide whether to start Adam Thielen or Rishard Matthews as my 3rd WR for Week 4, who would you start???

(other 2 are Jordy Nelson and Alshon Jeffrey, and I have Tyrell Williams sitting around on my bench)

standard league, btw

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Anisocoria Feldman posted:

If you're not in a pretty deep league and you don't have Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, or maybe Kyle Rudolph or Jimmy Graham, then you're basically in streaming TE territory. I would absolutely not be afraid to cut Bennett for someone with a better matchup. The one exception here might be if you're in a league where weirdos all roster two TEs and the guys on the WW are total crap.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Stroop There It Is posted:

help I can't decide whether to start Adam Thielen or Rishard Matthews as my 3rd WR for Week 4, who would you start???

(other 2 are Jordy Nelson and Alshon Jeffrey, and I have Tyrell Williams sitting around on my bench)

standard league, btw

With Corey Davis out I think Matthews is absolutely the dude this week. I have him in my DFS lineups and like him to find the end zone this week.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Alfalfa posted:

I got Hunt, Cook, Evans, and Julio in my 10 man league.

Most 10 man leagues I've noticed always have a homer or two who always over reach leaving plenty of good stuff later on.

That's also pretty crazy especially because of how Hunt and Cook have worked out. Basically 1st rounder (Evans) 1st rounder (Julio), 3rd rounder (Hunt), 3rd rounder (Cook) but hunt and cook are looking more like 1st/2nd rounders.

But at this early stage I'm going to have to give the nod to the other guy with his 1st (lesean), 1st (Julio), 2nd (gurley), 2nd (AJ), 2nd (jordy).

Congrats to both of you though, that's pretty cool. I'm in a 10 man and a 12 man every year and there's pretty much zero homerism or doing silly poo poo.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
I'm really leery of Amari's drops, and Denvers defense. But I know Crabs may or may not be out... Maybe meaning more targets

Should I hold the course and start him or replace him with one of the following?
Alshon Jeffery
Rishard Matthews
Willie Snead

What are you other Amari owners doing?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
A couple days ago I had decided to sit Cooper until I saw something (PPR, and we start three WRs plus a flex!). But I'm getting cold feet.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

TheFace posted:

I'm really leery of Amari's drops, and Denvers defense. But I know Crabs may or may not be out... Maybe meaning more targets

Should I hold the course and start him or replace him with one of the following?
Alshon Jeffery
Rishard Matthews
Willie Snead

I hate to say it but I think you have to go with Amari. Those other three are more bust than boom. I would say you could try Willie Snead but he was apparently limited in practice today with a hamstring injury.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Montgomery owner has no running backs. He's got Jock Jizz, and Fat Rob.

He's also an AB owner. So I'd like to trade for AB while giving him a RB or two.

My current roster:
RB: Howard, Mixon, Coleman, Buck Allen
WR: Thomas, Alshon, Thielen, Hogan, Marshall, Crowder

His current roster:
RB: Ty, Fat Rob, Jock Jizz
WR: AB, Cobb, Tate, Landry, Lee, C.Davis

I really like Mixon going forward which is why I'm more than willing to part with Howard. This is 1ppr, 14 team league I should mention.

I'm thinking of offering my Howard, and maybe Allen as well for his AB. Is that too little? The guy literally has nothing at

I'm sure there's a trade to be had there that benefits both parties, I'm just awful at this.

decypher fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 29, 2017

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

TheFace posted:

Alshon Jeffery
Rishard Matthews
Willie Snead

Amari Cooper is killing me. I had him as a 6th round keeper this year and thought I was going to run wild over the league and he's performed about like you would expect from a 6th-round WR (maybe even worse). I've been trying to trade him but he has no trade value right now. UNless something changes he's not even the WR1 in Oakland. I'd probably keep starting him for another week or two on the "start your studs" theory but I'd also be losing patience fast. You could be completely forgiven for starting Alshon or Matthews over him this week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

decypher posted:

I'm thinking of offering my Howard, and maybe Allen as well for his AB. Is that too little?

Of course it's too little. It's insulting.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

Of course it's too little. It's insulting.

Yeah that's awful. Maybe Howard and Thomas would get you AB if he's desperate. As an AB owner I don't think I would do it though.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I like how he was MAYBE considering throwing in Buck Allen.

"I'll give you this mediocre running back for your first round pick / best player / only chance your team has at being successful. Oh, and if you act right I'll throw in this garbage running back I would never start."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I am so sad that I've lost DJ AND Monty in both of my main leagues.

I like God is trying to tell him this isn't my year.

• Locked thread