Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Pakled posted:

Nah, we knew about the private server a couple days ago. The news the email prankster broke was that Kushner never disclosed it to the Senate inquiry on Russian interference.

If I'm not mistaken, the news from a few days ago was that Kushner was using a private email address, a @yahoo.com email address to be specific. Not a private server, which is a whole different story. And exactly the thing people were bitching about with Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Charliegrs posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the news from a few days ago was that Kushner was using a private email address, a @yahoo.com email address to be specific. Not a private server, which is a whole different story. And exactly the thing people were bitching about with Hillary.

"Lock them up! Lock them up!"

Probably the main reason he didn't appoint a special prosecutor after he won. Trump knew.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Knew what?

He thinks Clinton used liquid bleach and a cloth to wipe the data and thinks his young kid is an expert at the Cyber.

e: For some cyber news, the FCC head is saying he's going to lower broadband stands to 10 Mb.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Using Yahoo for government business is catastrophically worse and a whole different category of mistake from using your own server that you have control over, but the server thing sounds way more nefarious, this was done on purpose by Republicans and the media played along.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
And this is an actual crime as of recently, and yet the right will likely automatically view any prosecution of Kushner as illegitimate, so it will be a difficult prosecution even with a plethora of evidence. This would be Session's call to prosecute, right?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

someone needs to FOIA HMX-1's flight logs and find out which flights are normal flight hours, which are official business, and which are 'miscellaneous.'

Maybe you could just contact the writers of the politico article.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RandomBlue posted:

Trump voting acquaintances of mine:

"Well that's just crap someone wrote in a book, there's no proof."
"Trump didn't confirm that exact passage in that interview, he was kinda non-commital."
"Everyone said poo poo like that back then."

Yes, I did :sever:. They claim they think the entire racist thing is just lies by the left and all the proof is either a lie or, circumstantial or deliberately misinterpreted.

Trump could be the one man embodiment of Blazing Saddles and people would excuse him of it

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

How's the kneeling thing going, picking up steam still or fizzling?

E: sorry to hear about the injury

They're doing a linking arms thing now? There will still be kneelers, but I don't think anyone from last night did.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

San Marcos TX bar posted this, said they will turn off any sports game that has even a single player taking a knee, even if it's the super bowl.

OTOH, it's Texas, so 590 of those reactions are positive. OTOH, it's a college town, so 99% of the comments are negative.

Worthwhile gambit? If the minority who "like" are more likely customers anyway, and they come to show agreement, it seems like it might be :negative:

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

BrianBoitano posted:

San Marcos TX bar posted this, said they will turn off any sports game that has even a single player taking a knee, even if it's the super bowl.

OTOH, it's Texas, so 590 of those reactions are positive. OTOH, it's a college town, so 99% of the comments are negative.

Worthwhile gambit? If the minority who "like" are more likely customers anyway, and they come to show agreement, it seems like it might be :negative:

Good luck being a bar and turning off NFL games. Even diehard racists still love that poo poo, will grumble loudly about "those uppity players", then still find a bar showing the game and watch it anyways. The right is terrible at political boycotts.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BrianBoitano posted:

business protests workers bringing 'politics' into workplace by...bringing politics into workplace

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

BrianBoitano posted:

That horribly compressed image is in clear violation of the flag code.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

BrianBoitano posted:

I understand that if you don't turn that game back on... I'm going to have to eat every loving chicken in this room.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Reminder that Texas allows guns/tiny tiny penis indicators in bars.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

KickerOfMice posted:

A week's probation if you please, too much politics for meeeeee. pls/ty.

Suffer with the rest of us.

There is no respite.

There is always more, and it is always worse.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Mayor of San Juan is not happy about the comments coming out of the WH.

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/913739978190057472

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I hate conversion therapy advocates with the burning hate of a Khmer Rouge officer for a dude with spectacles, but do you have a link for the 50%?

Hmmm... I can't find anything solid here. I think this may have been a stat I pulled out of the air. Best I can find is:

quote:

People who have gone through conversion therapy face 8.9 times the rates of suicide ideation, face depression at 5.9 times the rate of their peers and are three times more likely to use illegal drugs and be at high risk for sexually transmitted infections.

from https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/28/gay-conversion-therapy-ruins-lives-lgbt-rights

which ultimately references this: http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbt/resources/therapeutic-response.pdf

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

vorebane posted:

That's horrific, I want the 'Republicans have no conscience whatsoever' pile to factually shrink now.

Ok, so I can't actually find a link indicating that it's 50%. Still sucks though:

quote:

People who have gone through conversion therapy face 8.9 times the rates of suicide ideation, face depression at 5.9 times the rate of their peers and are three times more likely to use illegal drugs and be at high risk for sexually transmitted infections.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/may/28/gay-conversion-therapy-ruins-lives-lgbt-rights

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
So it comes out that Russia was buying facebook ads and setting up fake twitter accounts trying to ratchet up racial tensions the same week that Trump decides to ratchet up racial tensions

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
So in this tax plan they want to double the standard deduction but eliminate the mortgage interest / personal property line item deductions? I would need to look at my mortgage statement, but I am fairly certain this would result in a net tax increase for me based on my adjusted income.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Withnail posted:

So it comes out that Russia was buying facebook ads and setting up fake twitter accounts trying to ratchet up racial tensions the same week that Trump decides to ratchet up racial tensions
Pretty sure Trump doesn't need their help on that

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Sock The Great posted:

So in this tax plan they want to double the standard deduction but eliminate the mortgage interest / personal property line item deductions? I would need to look at my mortgage statement, but I am fairly certain this would result in a net tax increase for me based on my adjusted income.

No. The tax plan has 2 major changes from the leaks:

- It doesn't change the mortgage interest deduction at all.
- It leaves open the "option" for a 4th tax bracket for income above $391,000 a year.

It also changes the tax brackets from:

10/15/25/28/33/35/39

to

12/25/35/(maybe an undecided 4th, but probably not)

So, in addition to the standard deduction changes, it would depend what your income was and what the range for the brackets end up being. It's hard to do a 1 to 1 comparison with the exact numbers.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 29, 2017

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Sock The Great posted:

They aren't proposing getting rid of the mortgage interest deduction, but the increase to the standard deduction might nullify the benefit of the MI deduction, as you have to do itemized deductions vs standard flat deduction in order to use MI deduction. Tax experts correct me if I'm wrong.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
With the way Trump eats mostly junk food, and probably has Dementia, someone really needs to check his nutrient levels.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/913757869627133953

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/913760243770896389

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Post 9-11 User posted:

With the way Trump eats mostly junk food, and probably has Dementia, someone really needs to check his nutrient levels.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/913757869627133953

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/913760243770896389

The notion that stock buy backs will increase growth is dumb. The S&P is at an all time high and the economy is at ~3% growth from ~ 2% (and we are back to 2015 growth levels.) Are we really going to see that much of an improvement if the S&P goes up another 30%?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Hey guys, gently caress Ohio.

https://twitter.com/WCPO/status/913426982968360960

This is a highway sign commemorating Lee in Ohio no one remembered was there but they’re reinstalling and paying for the damage done to it because white people are racist.

Again, gently caress Ohio.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Dejawesp posted:

Who's the 160 pound 5,7 football player? I feel like he shouldn't be hard to spot.

I assume the 260 pound NHL player is a goalie.

Edit: I have no good cat pics but here's George Lucas without hair:

Days late on this, but never too late to make a Phil Kessel is fat joke:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

farraday posted:

This is a highway sign commemorating Lee in Ohio no one remembered was there but they’re reinstalling and paying for the damage done to it because white people are racist.

I've been saying gently caress Ohio for years, but indeed, gently caress ohio.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Drew Carey show begs to differ.

Hence why I hate the Drew Carey show.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Koalas March posted:

I've been saying gently caress Ohio for years, but indeed, gently caress ohio.

You’re from Michigan, I think that’s your factory default.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

pacerhimself posted:

They aren't proposing getting rid of the mortgage interest deduction, but the increase to the standard deduction might nullify the benefit of the MI deduction, as you have to do itemized deductions vs standard flat deduction in order to use MI deduction. Tax experts correct me if I'm wrong.

Okay, I misunderstood that a bit; thanks for the clarification. They are proposing eliminating the property tax deduction though; which would royally gently caress me as I live in CT and pay over $9,000 a year in property taxes.

Don't see how that ultimately gets through though considering the number of red districts in NY and NJ which would be adversely effected.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Sock The Great posted:

Okay, I misunderstood that a bit; thanks for the clarification. They are proposing eliminating the property tax deduction though; which would royally gently caress me as I live in CT and pay over $9,000 a year in property taxes.

Don't see how that ultimately gets through though considering the number of red districts in NY and NJ which would be adversely effected.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/913764883711348737

That’s because it’s mostly in there as a pay for on the outline to make the budget resolution passable.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

farraday posted:

So we taking bets on how long it will last before it is damaged again?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

BrianBoitano posted:

One, if you own a bar nearby, send people to this bar to sit for the anthem.
Then when they turn it off, have one shout ' X down the street is showing the game, free drink if you get there in next 20 minutes and say Bob sent you!'.

Patriot bar owner cries as he suddenly losing customers and realises he already paid the money to air the game he is now blocking.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

happyhippy posted:

Then when they turn it off, have one shout ' X down the street is showing the game, free drink if you get there in next 20 minutes and say Bob sent you!'.

Patriot bar owner cries as he suddenly losing customers and realises he already paid the money to air the game he is now blocking.

This sounds like a great way to get glassed

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sock The Great posted:

Yeah eliminating deductions of local and state taxes will gently caress over blue states, which is probably intentional. Red parts of blue states will just serve as collateral damage to loving over liberals.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sock The Great posted:

Yeah, I'll get kicked in the dick as well with that.

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

happyhippy posted:

Joke's on his competitors, as he just shows the game anyway with no sense of shame whatsoever (to a full crowd thanks to all the free publicity).

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

So how many of these do we have left before we complete confirmation that every single attack he threw in 2016 was projection?

Fred was on the grassy knoll, and he refused to release his medical records to cover up bleeding from his eyes and his wherever, and he was actually born in Kenya. That's about the only one's left, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If they eliminate the Property Tax deduction then uh that's gonna be pretty bad for people here in Illinois specifically Cook County.

• Locked thread