Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.

loquacius posted:

Yeah my conclusion on this one was that if it's real they won't listen to anything I have to say, I just pointed out the thing about how the car is totally normal because I knew somebody else would anyway

These fake confessions always trip up over the most basic details, no one is that ignorant of the concept of 'driving to work'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

I remember Discmen! Do you remember those cassette adapters and "nonskip" floating trays they used to sell so you could listen to CDs in your car?!

Oh hell yeah. I used a cassette adapter waaaay after everyone else had stopped, too, back when I had a really old car and an iPod and that was the only way to make one talk to the other

That explains why I didn't remember it, H.H posted it while I was on vacation.

The first two sentences in it read as follows:

quote:

I have transcended the need to sleep and now can be productive 24/7. Nobody believes me but it's true.

which would explain a lot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

which would explain a lot

Yeah,with that kind of production dude is operating at a level none of us can comprehend. All of our walls are probably filled with delicious lobsters, and we're just too lazy to perceive them.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I wouldn't post this one

quote:

i have a tiny dick and even smaller balls. the balls are above the dick also. the balls hand down around the dick like the ears on a basset hound. the dick stinks and i hate it. the balls do not smell. however, i also hate the balls. thank you.

if it didn't give me a perfect excuse to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIy_RXX_VLE

Anyway that one didn't count, here's two more

quote:

My mom never apologized for her insane behavior during her meth and prescription pills addiction that lasted through most of my life and it's really weighing on me. I tried reaching out to NarAnon, the support group for family members of addicts, but it was all older people dealing with their kids, which wasn't quite what I needed. She's been clean a few years but it's still really hard to separate her from who she was as an addict.

I think I would feel a lot better if I just knew that she had reflected on how she treated me - and my brother too - when we were growing up and was genuinely remorseful for it.

I know I should go see a therapist about this and deal with the things that happened that way instead of expecting her to come begging for forgiveness, it just still bugs me that she never apologized for it.

My instinct is to say you should try to confront her about it, but (a) I don't actually know what I'm talking about, and (b) I can understand if you wouldn't want to do that. Just seems like it's eating you up inside. Alternately, as the E/N thread says, closure comes from within

quote:

I just saw the movie "It" yesterday and it might just be the most arousing movie I've ever seen. That swimming scene with all the closeups of Beverly's tits and rear end was amazing, and it seemed like most of the scenes had great rear end or at least leg shots of her. If they weren't trying to sexualize a teenager they failed terribly because every time she was on the screen I had at least a semi-chub going on.

Anyway I jerked off thinking about her this morning and have started a fap folder with every hot picture of that actress I can find. Imho she's the next chloe moretz for me to obsess over until she turns 18 and/or gets a boyfriend.

I guess it's good you have movie star outlets instead of actually victimizing children but you should still seek help

I looked it up and that actress was born in 2002, so I guess I'm like super old now or something

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Person with the meth addicted mom: If you want to have a relationship with your mom, you should get a therapist to work with you both. Your mom probably thinks she did the best she could, but therapy will help her realize that she still has to atone for what she put you through.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Meth mom seems like the first real confession we've had in awhile. I wish I had advice for you buddy, but I don't. I think loq's right and either going to therapy yourself to get over it or confronting her could be solutions. Confronting her though could make things even worse. Addicts can get pretty weird when being confronted with things they're not ready to deal with and it could push her right off the wagon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I prefer the much cuter name of "potato bug" and i will never not call them that.

That's a completely different bug, iirc.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Inescapable Duck posted:

That's a completely different bug, iirc.

There is an actual potato bug but if you look on the wikipedia for this cuter rolling-up version you will find that potato bug is a common (and most correct) name for them too.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

alpaca diseases posted:

If it's not a fake he might be talking about slaters (woodlouse)

Hope you're enjoying your damp walls schitzogoon

These are "Roly Polys" [Roh-lee Poh-lees] where I'm from, aka "Pill Bugs"

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I too had a mother who was an addict and who put me through hell. I used to hate her. I resented her for failing to be there for me and for all the traumatic things she put me through. I suppose now though I cannot hate her. I did the same thing after all I just didn't have kids to inflict my insanity upon. I think you need to accept that your never gonna have the relationship you want with her because she closed that door a long long time ago. My mom will never really be my 'mom' because I will never ever respect her. Why should I? She failed to be a mother. I don't hold it against her anymore but that doesn't somehow undo the damage. We're too old to hold onto this baggage, there's no sense in it. Accept that it's not something you can change and get on with your life. Enjoy whatever connection you do have instead of wishing it was of a different nature.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

It fan goon should read the book. All the boys run a train on her. It's weird.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fritzler posted:

It fan goon should read the book. All the boys run a train on her. It's weird.

IT, the book, was written while Stephen King was on a decade-long cocaine binge

It's a cool concept for a horror story but the book has a whole bunch of just completely insane poo poo in it which King hammered out while coked out of his brain and probably didn't even read afterward

He's said in interviews that the inspiration for the book Misery was what cocaine did to his work, like, the crazy cat-lady fan in that book represented cocaine

There was a whole section of 11/22/63 that was just a huge IT callback though which is pretty good

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
Oh and one more thing even if she was remorseful it wouldn't make you feel any better.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

blarzgh posted:

These are "Roly Polys" [Roh-lee Poh-lees] where I'm from, aka "Pill Bugs"

I'm guessing you came from around the Ohio area, as both of these names are things I heard growing up.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Nocheez posted:

I'm guessing you came from around the Ohio area, as both of these names are things I heard growing up.

Texas, and I'll thank you not to insult me any further.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Nap Ghost

blarzgh posted:

I've spent time in both places. They are both lovely places in different ways (and in many of the same ways, too).

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

blarzgh posted:

Remember, Ohio is famous for being the state most people leave the planet to get away from. Most of them return to Texas.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

loquacius posted:

IT, the book, was written while Stephen King was on a decade-long cocaine binge

It's a cool concept for a horror story but the book has a whole bunch of just completely insane poo poo in it which King hammered out while coked out of his brain and probably didn't even read afterward

He's said in interviews that the inspiration for the book Misery was what cocaine did to his work, like, the crazy cat-lady fan in that book represented cocaine

There was a whole section of 11/22/63 that was just a huge IT callback though which is pretty good

this kind of explains that one S.K. movie or show about world eating orbs at an airport

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Putty posted:

this kind of explains that one S.K. movie or show about world eating orbs at an airport

Langoliers! I loved that move as a kid

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
My mom is addicted to home shows, its just awful and i have lost all respect i ever had for her.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Super Waffle posted:

The story was better. I really liked Four Past Midnight as a kid.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Super Waffle posted:

that movie was horrible garbage. insufferably dull and boring. hours spent building up the langoliers and when theyre finally revealed its such a wet fart of a conclusion.

if you have fond memories as a kid, dont rewatch it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Speaking as someone who's read like ten King books, King has never been any good at endings

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
I read the stand and the ending is indeed poo poo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Blind Sally posted:

that movie was horrible garbage. insufferably dull and boring. hours spent building up the langoliers and when theyre finally revealed its such a wet fart of a conclusion.

I only remember being kind of glad when the blind girl got stabbed. It was an alright concept for a movie but the execution was awful.

King is a great writer but his talent is building a world and characters. He has no idea how to end it and I wish he'd just refuse to end things and keep every book as a never ending series because that's what he's good at.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I only remember being kind of glad when the blind girl got stabbed. It was an alright concept for a movie but the execution was awful.

King is a great writer but his talent is building a world and characters. He has no idea how to end it and I wish he'd just refuse to end things and keep every book as a never ending series because that's what he's good at.

Yeah, the Dark Tower series was good up until the last book in large part because he never found himself obligated to just wrap everything up. Then he hit the last book, and it was bad. The last part of the last book was especially bad.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

Yeah, the Dark Tower series was good up until the last book in large part because he never found himself obligated to just wrap everything up. Then he hit the last book, and it was bad. The last part of the last book was especially bad.

The Dark Tower was good through the 4th book. Wolves on was crummy, but the last book was good. I was trying to think of a King book that had a good ending, but the only ones I can come up with are The Long Walk and The Regulators. Both of which were published as Richard Bachman, so depends on how picky we're being.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Stand: bad ending that came out of loving nowhere
Under The Dome: bad ending that mostly came out of loving nowhere
11/22/63: ending could have worked but didn't
IT: ending involved underage gangbang
Dark Tower: good until he had to end it, then bad

I think those are all the ones I've read and there's a very specific connecting thread here :thunk:

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Dark Tower was good through the 4th book. Wolves on was crummy, but the last book was good. I was trying to think of a King book that had a good ending, but the only ones I can come up with are The Long Walk and The Regulators. Both of which were published as Richard Bachman, so depends on how picky we're being.

I'd argue here but I think Wizard and Glass was absolutely the height of the series so it'd be kind of a tepid defense

Wolves was of course highly derivative (an intentional homage, but still) but I enjoyed it anyway

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Stephen King must know he is poo poo at endings, why else would he make Roland go back in time to start the story all over again as his last line?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Can we at least agree that the dark tower movie is an abomination that got every single main character completely wrong? Seriously, matthew however you spell his last name was the perfect walter but they even screwed that up. It's like they told matthew to act completely contrary to every other character he played and channel the playfulness into ultra-dark seriousness.

That movie is trash and the dark tower deserved better.

half coke half diet
Feb 3, 2006
I fight for all those men who have their nuts in a vice grip

Blind Sally posted:

Disagree, Bronson Pinchot deserved an EMMY for that performance. AN EMMY!!!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Can we at least agree that the dark tower movie is an abomination that got every single main character completely wrong? Seriously, matthew however you spell his last name was the perfect walter but they even screwed that up. It's like they told matthew to act completely contrary to every other character he played and channel the playfulness into ultra-dark seriousness.

I didn't even bother seeing it

It was telling that I read the whole goddamn series and when I watched the trailer I couldn't tell what the movie was about

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I like King's novels, and I absolutely love his short stories but when I found out about the Dark Tower series, I thought, "Do I really want to invest 100 hours of my life into these?" and decided against it. Then I googled the ending and I was so glad I didn't start them.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
The second, third, and fourth books are great and the stories hold up on their own even if you don't read the first book or bother finishing the series.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

blarzgh posted:

when I found out about the Dark Tower series, I thought, "Do I really want to invest 100 hours of my life into these?" and decided against it. Then I googled the ending and I was so glad I didn't start them.

Same. Although I started them anyway after being dragged to the movie. Stalling out on book 2 though.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

Speaking as someone who's read like ten King books, King has never been any good at endings

I thought IT had a pretty good ending. I don't know sometimes his narratives kind of blow up into crazy poo poo near the end. It's hit (Revival, IT) and miss (Needful Things, Under the Dome, the Stand), mostly miss; but I like car crash stuff sometimes and I think it sometimes can be kind of mind blowing while other times being really dumb.

The ending to Needful Things still pisses me off today. At least with IT you are always aware some weird poo poo is going on; Needful Things is just like 'oh here you go, some crazy poo poo to wrap it up).

facebook jihad fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 29, 2017

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Yes, they could have made a ton of money making a movie for every book but they just kinda crammed them all together into a wad of trifling nonsense

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

timefly posted:

Yes, they could have made a ton of money making a movie for every book but they just kinda crammed them all together into a wad of trifling nonsense

Just about every single planned film series based on novels besides Harry Potter was a humongous failure.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Improbable Lobster posted:

Just about every single planned film series based on novels besides Harry Potter was a humongous failure.
That's because Harry Potter actually went book by book. Heck, they did TWO movies for the last book!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PetraCore posted:

That's because Harry Potter actually went book by book. Heck, they did TWO movies for the last book!

So did Twilight! (I think?)

And Hunger Games.

Come to think of it these are all YA books that got made into successful series.