Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

im not an explosives expert but some of those look like dummy grenades and rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Mariana Horchata posted:

if I am an Angel as someone itt had brought up ln

idk i always saw u as more of a buffy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

so after a huge heat wave a few days ago we're immediately back to cold fall weather

im glad global warming is over

what's a heat wave in Canada anyway

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
is michael cera james 2: 2 james 2 serious

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

shiksa posted:

michael cera is doing a marlon brando impression as andy and lucy's kid in the twin peaks return

what the ffffuuuuuuck is that about

lmao

when you name your kid Wally Brando thats what you get

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
but trump said he would never do this! :thunk:

https://twitter.com/jmillerlewis/status/913808872397312001

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lol, LAPD is dumb as gently caress.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

michael cera is doing a marlon brando impression as andy and lucy's kid in the twin peaks return

what the ffffuuuuuuck is that about

lol

twin peaks is good

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

no

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

ugggggghhhhhh

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

remember hillary clinton?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/KeeganNYC/status/913760893724512256

quote:

The stranger paid for their meals, then took the group to a nearby office. There, he and several others had them sign contracts, mostly in English, took their photos and strapped devices about the size of a ’90s-era cell phone around their ankles. “It scared me when I saw how big it was,” said Valdez.

The man was an employee of Libre by Nexus. Since 2013, the Virginia-based company has gotten thousands of immigrants out of detention by arranging for bail bondsmen to post immigration bonds. In exchange, customers pay the company hefty upfront fees and agree to wear GPS-equipped ankle monitors — a privilege for which Libre charges $420 a month, sometimes for years. Valdez asked her name be changed to prevent reprisals from the company.

Valdez, who fled Honduras in 2015 when gang members killed her husband, languished for three months in the Houston Contract Detention Facility with a $10,000 bond she had no way to pay. She was desperate to get out; the chances of winning an asylum case while locked up are abysmally low.

A fellow detainee eventually gave her Libre’s number, and she passed it to a friend in Austin who paid the company $2,500 in upfront charges. Within days she was free, with a court date set for November 2019.

Over the next year, Valdez paid Libre a total of $3,780 for the monitor, money she mostly earned working at a Mexican restaurant and babysitting for friends and family.

quote:

At first, Valdez believed she was paying down her $10,000 bond and working toward the day when the ankle monitor would be removed. But a few months after her release, she called Libre to check on her progress and was shocked to hear that the fees were merely a rental charge for the device — she was no closer to being free than the day she was released from detention. To get the monitor removed and settle up with Libre, she’d still have to pay the company $10,000, according to her contract.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

"fake news" hoots and hollers the Medicare boomer as he gets thrown out of Walmart after not being able to afford his prescriptions

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fits my needs posted:

what's a heat wave in Canada anyway

98.6 in your alien numbers was the highest it got

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Shageletic posted:

He become a millionaire by being the most outright corrupt Congresscritter since that dude with the worst haircut in history.

trump was never a congressman

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

lmao

How many years did he spend at West Point with whatever bare minimum freedoms the military allows a soldier? Seems to me all that freedom got him wishing for communism.:ussr:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

lol literal debt slavery

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

its now 55.4, this drop occurred in like 2 days

global warming is defeated, we did it fam

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Shageletic posted:

He become a millionaire by being the most outright corrupt Congresscritter since that dude with the worst haircut in history.

rod blagojevich was a governor though

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

How is this legal? Wtf. Burn it all down.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/913810776351223808

:thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk::thunk:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yinlock posted:

98.6 in your alien numbers was the highest it got

lmao 36? sad

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

its now 55.4, this drop occurred in like 2 days

global warming is defeated, we did it fam

lol yeah it was like 85 here yesterday now its 55 here

i have a fire going :3: its v nice

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

well I know what I won't be watching

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

could this have to do with republicans having the majority in the federal government?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

lmao 36? sad

it was a scorcher

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

And people still say political violence is never justified

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

fits my needs posted:

lol literal debt slavery

I like to think of it as debt freedom slavery, rolls off the tongue a little better

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
and now these poeple work for nazis :sigh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

punchymcpunch posted:

https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/913759427961991169

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

punchymcpunch posted:

Everytime I eat a pizza

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

pathetic little tramp posted:

could this have to do with republicans having the majority in the federal government?

I think you'll find that the 2-3 democrats that voted for the is when it passed means it's the democrats fault

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Who is Lena Dunham ?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

well I know what I won't be watching

I'll live post about for you.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

MariusLecter posted:

Who is Lena Dunham ?

a miserable pile of secrets

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

MariusLecter posted:

Who is Lena Dunham ?

please don't open this thread of discussion again, her show is over

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

MariusLecter posted:

Who is Lena Dunham ?

she molested her sister and made rear end eating mainstream

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

MariusLecter posted:

Who is Lena Dunham ?

she made the sex in the city reboot where everyone is somehow even more unlikable

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

Yinlock posted:

it was a scorcher

cmon bby we know u hotter than that :wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

yeah this has existed for decades with in-car breathalyzer interlocks

• Locked thread