Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

1/11 Burst :/ (Zidane)

Do we get another chunk of mythril soon? Would like to roll on banner 4 as well.

We will get a second mythril dungeon im not sure when though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So with native Cloud USB, I still don't think I can use it in magicite dungeons because the only other SB I have for Cloud is his old BSB1. I don't even have Climhazzard lol.

I have Shout, Chant, Zack CSB, OK BSB, etc etc etc to get him going but I think I need his BSB2 to make him do anything useful. Should I pull once more to try for his BSB2 or can I make Fenrir Overdrive work?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Shock Trooper posted:

Orlandeau has arguably the best OSB in the game, that pull is worth it alone. Get him unlocked as soon as you get a Soul of Hero and you're on your way

What OSB can even challenge the title? Kuja?

I'd say its status as the best OSB isn't even arguable.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"

Elephant Ambush posted:

So with native Cloud USB, I still don't think I can use it in magicite dungeons because the only other SB I have for Cloud is his old BSB1. I don't even have Climhazzard lol.

I have Shout, Chant, Zack CSB, OK BSB, etc etc etc to get him going but I think I need his BSB2 to make him do anything useful. Should I pull once more to try for his BSB2 or can I make Fenrir Overdrive work?

The point of using Cloud USB in Magicite outside of Golem isn't to use either of his BSBs, it's to have him spam Omega Drive with his USB active with as many hones as possible to do around 6-7k per hit with a chance to doublecast per turn, and since you have Chant and Zack CSB as well, you can expect to do a bit over 10k per hit if you have the SB to spare for both that and Shout.

But yeah, outside of Magicite, you're going to want his BSB2 since Fenrir is non-elemental and its command multipliers aren't that great.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 29, 2017

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Soloed omega raid with edge USB and cloud usb rw. Had to equip instant ko resist on everyone and focus on magic mitigation but it wasn't that bad after phase two started and he was stopped and taking full damage from water

Also I just realized I have 4 kiku ichimonjis. Only one of them is horrible though (cyans)

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 29, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

AnotherGamer posted:

The point of using Cloud USB in Magicite outside of Golem isn't to use either of his BSBs, it's to have him spam Omega Drive with his USB active with as many hones as possible to do around 6-7k per hit with a chance to doublecast per turn, and since you have Chant and Zack CSB as well, you can expect to do a bit over 10k per hit if you have the SB to spare for both that and Shout.

This is all correct, although there's also the alternative option of using him for retaliate purposes, which someone used to sub30 Living Flame. Cloud would still OD spam, but as he's doing that, everyone else just whacks him with as many hits as possible.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Noctis gets the same multiplier as Orlandu and gets accompanying buffs in bubble & Armiger (Atk+30% and CT-66% as long as Stoneskin is active). On its own it's not as good as Orlandu's TG mode buff IMO since it can go away quickly while TG mode is a guaranteed 25s. But Noctis OSB paired with his USB (10xST physical dmg, self Stoneskin 100% HP and EX Mode "Royal Power" [While under Stoneskin effect, self ATK +30% and small damage up for Non-elemental abilities]), that sounds like some good stuff

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'd say there's a few edge cases. Dragoons (ie Luneth, Fang, Kain, etc) get OSBs coded as Jumps that can benefit from related RMs and such. Edgar's OSB is still the only AoE OSB in existence, for whatever that is worth to you (probably not much). Noctis' OSB is less reliable version of TGC Mode, it gives him a 30% Stoneskin and is infinite duration as long as he keeps the stoneskin on. More useful in combo with his USB which gives him a 100% stoneskin and it's own bonuses. Beyond specific examples like that, anyone that has Wrath access with an OSB and a corresponding EnElement is going to have a good time (ie Quistis).

Mostly though, yeah TGC OSB is the best and that's because it may as well be an EX-Mode USB before they started making them.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Sep 29, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

It's also got the highest multiplier. The other problem is most of the others are kind of trash.

Oh yeah, Omega MP was a pain in the rear end beating 3 times, mostly cuz the MP servers are awful. Luckily you only really have to master it once, so even if you get a mediocre team that can survive to the last phase, you simply need a last stand to finish out his countdown for the CMs.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 29, 2017

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
The holy elemental boost from the actual relic breaks the multiplier tie.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

AnotherGamer posted:

But yeah, outside of Magicite, you're going to want his BSB2 since Fenrir is non-elemental and its command multipliers aren't that great.

Thanks. I'll hone up Omega Drive then and start working on his Legend Dive. I'm not sure I want to pull again just for his BSB2. I'd rather save the mythril for FFTA and/or the next Orlandeau banner.

I am really overwhelmed with Legend Dive options right now. I just finished Ramza and Y'shtola but now I have all the following USBs:

Cloud
Bartz (no BSB)
Tifa (no BSB)
Paladin Cecil (BSB)
Edge (SSB only)

I also have Noctis SSB and Raines BSB.

I was originally going to LD Edge but now I'm not sure. My main goal is magicite dungeons because I can only beat 2 currently. All other content is pretty easy for me with all this crazy new stuff.

Any advice?

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

AnotherGamer posted:

Chant and Zack CSB are redundant. They both provide the same +50% crit damage buff that doesn't stack. Chant is stapled to stoneskin whereas the CSB is stapled to +50% ATK and wind chain. CSB is almost always the better option.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Had a gift card so I did the gem draw, got Vincent's BSB and Jeckt's OSB. Neither are dupes and it seems like a decent pull, Vincent's BSB has radiant shield on a +fire bracer and having a ranged option for Tidus is nice, though I doubt I'll be using Jeckt anytime soon (especially since I pulled Sephiroth's OSB which is basically the same thing except on a character that I have an enfire option for.)

Obviously waiting until the end of the fest to pick my relic but I'm 95% sure I'll be choosing Rikku's BSB, I use her all the time, I have her LMR, and I could use a water imperil.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Hey my dudes, what are some good Wind-element physical SBs besides anything on banner 3? I want to pair my Zidane up with someone, but I feel like going harder on this banner at 7/14 is just asking for disappointment.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Hey my dudes, what are some good Wind-element physical SBs besides anything on banner 3? I want to pair my Zidane up with someone, but I feel like going harder on this banner at 7/14 is just asking for disappointment.

Fang BSB and Zack BSB are two the immediately come to mind. I've just started using the latter more and liking it.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Cool, thanks! This game is insidious -- before I just wanted OK/Rikku/Raines buffs, and now I want those, some Wind SB synergy, and a Dark Imperil/chain.

The ride never ends!

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Looking for advice on optimizing my current wind murder squad, and help with selection relic choice:

For selection relic: Onion Knight BSB or Zack's BSB? Anyone with Zack CSB/BSB have any thoughts?

Current team:
Cloud: USB/BSB2/LMR/full dive
Zack: CSB
Faris: USB2/USB/BSB/full dive
Zidane: USB/BSB2
*healer* generally Ysh for wall/bsb/dive, or Rosa USB

So, the only problem with the above is a lack of hastega, so I figured in most content I can RW Rikku USB, and in Magicites replace Faris, maybe with Edge.

I'm just not sure who I could drop for OK BSB -> Wrath/Entrust if I chose him, any thoughts there? I figured if I had native haste as well I could RW an instacast like Ramza USB.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Cool, thanks! This game is insidious -- before I just wanted OK/Rikku/Raines buffs, and now I want those, some Wind SB synergy, and a Dark Imperil/chain.

The ride never ends!

"Good" news - the first Dark Chain is on the upcoming Dissidia banner, and there's dark imperils on the next two fest banners! :shepspends:

(Real talk though, Seymour BSB is not a great Dark Imperil, it's the epitome of consolation prize.)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

ceaselessfuture posted:

ETA isn't until December but I know Marcus gets a Wind/Poison version of Vaan's BSB. It's not instant but it gains AoE and has 2 hit commands instead.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Chant and Zack CSB are redundant. They both provide the same +50% crit damage buff that doesn't stack. Chant is stapled to stoneskin whereas the CSB is stapled to +50% ATK and wind chain. CSB is almost always the better option.

Fuuuuuu.... I completely missed that Zack csb comes with a boostaga. Makes me taking Ramza on my wind team pointless.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ceaselessfuture posted:

There are surprisingly few amazing physical Wind relics coming up until 3rd Anniversary so it'll be hard to aim for Wind stuff.

There's Cid VII's USB on a primarily Lightning banner in Rude/Elena 2 in a few weeks, the return of Zidane USB and Marcus's Wind/Bio Vaan BSB clone on Garnet 2 in two months, FF1 Thief's Wind/Bio Lion BSB clone in four months, then we're at 3rd Anniversary where Zack and Luneth get new things to play with.

There are a few decent magical options - mainly Alphinaud USB/BSB/LMR on the Heavensward XIV event, and Fujin appearing in the next two VIII events, but that's really about it. Whatever fest we get before 3rd Anniversary will probably have some nice Wind stuff?

Edit: I forgot Meia shows up in the FFI event. i guess we have a hard date that we'll actually get Meia, unless they seriously rework those banners.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 29, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Should I try to go after the wind relics in this banner to compliment Zack's CSB or the really good relics on phase 5 mostly Lightning's USB?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Should I try to go after the wind relics in this banner to compliment Zack's CSB or the really good relics on phase 5 mostly Lightning's USB?

It depends on how many dupes you have on each banner. Also there's still the extra 30 Mythril from the Mythril dungeon I think we're supposed to get soon, so maybe you'll be able to afford both?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

ceaselessfuture posted:

I've gotten a lot of mileage out of Luneth's BSB in the past

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Thundercracker posted:

Did the Omega MP Cid Mission in short order. Really the only vital ingredient is Last Stand and aoe regen/esuna. Everything else is optional, even the Stops. I did two with mastery where no one had stop.

It's a pretty fragile boss that can be rushed down.

What did your team end up looking like? I've tried in a couple of groups and there's just too much damage coming out to kill him it seems before we died. Of course those were pub groups but still.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I went into this fest hoping to expand my elemental options for earth, water and ice teams.

My haul so far:
Zidane bsb 1
Zidane bsb 2
Zidane usb x 2
Matoya bsb
Firion usb
Yuna ssb
Emperor bsb
Raines osb
Cloud bsb2
WoL osb
Ysh usb
Pecil Osb
Ovelia usb

:shepface:

Edit: this is also not counting any dupes.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Wow, if I start fielding Setzer, Agrias won't be as much of a necessity on my team anymore. It's weird to think about. But then again, having someone else to carry the other half of Proshellga is a necessity as well... most of the time.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

saltylopez posted:

I went into this fest hoping to expand my elemental options for earth, water and ice teams.

My haul so far:
Zidane bsb 1
Zidane bsb 2
Zidane usb x 2
Matoya bsb
Firion usb
Yuna ssb
Emperor bsb
Raines osb
Cloud bsb2
WoL osb
Ysh usb
Pecil Osb
Ovelia usb

Well, the good news is I think Matoya's BSB does some ice. :v:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

saltylopez posted:

My haul so far:
Zidane bsb 1
Zidane bsb 2
Zidane usb x 2
Matoya bsb
Firion usb
Yuna ssb
Emperor bsb
Raines osb
Cloud bsb2
WoL osb
Ysh usb
Pecil Osb
Ovelia usb

My condolences. Firion USB's cast time buff and honed Sharpshooter stuff might help for Water and Ice if you're going physical, at least? Mainly if you really have no other options, but Hailstorm and Icicle Shot could be decent for Fenrir.

Matoya works okay for a mage team for Ice too, but she can't carry you to victory by herself.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

pichupal posted:

My condolences. Firion USB's cast time buff and honed Sharpshooter stuff might help for Water and Ice if you're going physical, at least? Mainly if you really have no other options, but Hailstorm and Icicle Shot could be decent for Fenrir.

Matoya works okay for a mage team for Ice too, but she can't carry you to victory by herself.

Yeah he's the part of my fenrir team I was hoping to replace (previously spamming bsb and hailstorm). Guess now he'll be even spammier with hailstorm once I get it honed.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

saltylopez posted:

It depends on how many dupes you have on each banner. Also there's still the extra 30 Mythril from the Mythril dungeon I think we're supposed to get soon, so maybe you'll be able to afford both?

There's a banner like the gem only one where you get a choice of BSB except you can use mythril coming, right? Was planning on pulling for it.

I got 3 dupes on phase 3 and 2 on phase 5.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

There's a banner like the gem only one where you get a choice of BSB except you can use mythril coming, right? Was planning on pulling for it.

I got 3 dupes on phase 3 and 2 on phase 5.

That banner will exist but the bsb choice has been curated down to one bsb from each realm instead of every bsb. The rumored list still had some decent ones on it though, so it could be worthwhile.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Oryp posted:

Looking for advice on optimizing my current wind murder squad, and help with selection relic choice:

For selection relic: Onion Knight BSB or Zack's BSB? Anyone with Zack CSB/BSB have any thoughts?

Current team:
Cloud: USB/BSB2/LMR/full dive
Zack: CSB
Faris: USB2/USB/BSB/full dive
Zidane: USB/BSB2
*healer* generally Ysh for wall/bsb/dive, or Rosa USB

So, the only problem with the above is a lack of hastega, so I figured in most content I can RW Rikku USB, and in Magicites replace Faris, maybe with Edge.

I'm just not sure who I could drop for OK BSB -> Wrath/Entrust if I chose him, any thoughts there? I figured if I had native haste as well I could RW an instacast like Ramza USB.

OK can replace Zidane. His BSB stacks with Zack CSB and gives you hastega. Craft and hone an Aerora Strike just for Zack to use. It's not a lot of huge damage but it helps the chain.

Cloud can do all the damage by himself. Zidane is unnecessary.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

saltylopez posted:

That banner will exist but the bsb choice has been curated down to one bsb from each realm instead of every bsb. The rumored list still had some decent ones on it though, so it could be worthwhile.

Hmm both banners should be around at the same time, right? I could make a decision then.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I put that word there just in case I said something wrong (I'd just woken up, ok), but just including that word at all made me wrong I guess. Geez.

Anyway, I've been tracking my stamina since yesterday, and of the last 600 stamina points spent on the Orbfest dungeon, 15 stages at 40 stamina a pop, I've gotten a grand total of two (2) Gold Knight appearances. This is bullshit.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I have Cloud's USB+BSB2 but not Zack's CSB, so I've never seen them in action together personally until just now. I did a multiplayer Omega and Cloud hit a ~340k damage Cloud Cycle :catstare:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Cloud USB + Chant is absolutely loving ridiculously broken

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

OK can replace Zidane. His BSB stacks with Zack CSB and gives you hastega. Craft and hone an Aerora Strike just for Zack to use. It's not a lot of huge damage but it helps the chain.

Cloud can do all the damage by himself. Zidane is unnecessary.

This makes me sad for Zidane, I thought his USB sounded pretty good!

I was thinking the stacking wind imperil would be enough to make him worthwhile on the team, plus the damage output.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oryp posted:

This makes me sad for Zidane, I thought his USB sounded pretty good!

I was thinking the stacking wind imperil would be enough to make him worthwhile on the team, plus the damage output.

His USB is good. Great, even; the problem is that Cloud's USB is busted enough that a second source of wind imperil isn't really needed and Faris can do more on average with her turns than Zidane can (with regards to debuffing vs dps, since your dps is more or less taken care of).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

His USB is good. Great, even; the problem is that Cloud's USB is busted enough that a second source of wind imperil isn't really needed and Faris can do more on average with her turns than Zidane can (with regards to debuffing vs dps, since your dps is more or less taken care of).

That makes sense, and I guess I can always drop Faris for Zidane in magicite since her debuffs would be much less valuable there.

Thanks for the help! Been trying to figure out the ideal team composition, and if it is worth using my selection on Onion Knight instead of Zack BSB.

• Locked thread