Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

My theory is they're going to make us farm seperatists hardly anyone has for the nightsister update. With 2 weeks notice of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I need only GG from the seppies.

I am a sperglord prick.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

I need only GG from the seppies.

I am a sperglord prick.

Hey Chilli when you posted that put a Zeta on Rey meme before, was that joke advice or good advice? I can never tell from just reading zeta descriptions if they're going to be good or not.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Cactus posted:

My theory is they're going to make us farm seperatists hardly anyone has for the nightsister update. With 2 weeks notice of course.

Finally two teams I don't care for that won't distract me off my regular grinds for a month

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Cactus posted:

Hey Chilli when you posted that put a Zeta on Rey meme before, was that joke advice or good advice? I can never tell from just reading zeta descriptions if they're going to be good or not.

Rey's Zeta is not good.

It's mainly useful for Resistance HAAT P4 gimmicks (keep the B2's alive and dazed so you can use them as expose batteries during topple), but even that job has just been taken away by BB8 existing.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Canemacar posted:

I'm not going to be able to get BB-8 this time around. Which sucks because he will be needed for the Jedi Rey they're going to reveal this December.

:same:

Don't really care though; I'll get him next time around.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

Rey's Zeta is not good.

It's mainly useful for Resistance HAAT P4 gimmicks (keep the B2's alive and dazed so you can use them as expose batteries during topple), but even that job has just been taken away by BB8 existing.

Thanks. My next one is going on number cruncher or it binds all things anyway but like I said, reading the zeta abilities sometimes doesn't really give an idea of how good or rubbish they are so it's nice to have advice.

e: I'm leaning towards R2's because my current goal is a g12 fully potency/speed modded resistance team because I've faced some in arena (they're always the ones with chinese or japanese characters for names that always seem to know what the gently caress they're doing) and I literally do not get a single turn. And they're really fun to play with, more so than any other squad.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 29, 2017

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

I think they want to get to the point where players won't immediately have everything they need for every new challenge to diversify the characters on rosters.

Anybody have tips for beating the AA 6* challenge other than pray that the AI bugs out and doesn't reinforce or use Mace's shield?

Right now my team is: Wedge 7*, Biggs 7*, JC 6*, Ahsoka 6*. After that I can choose from Poe, RP, and CS in descending order of ship power. On strat I saw was to use Republic/Resistance ships to absorb the opening volley and then reinforce with Biggs and better ships to focus on JC/Ahsoka first. I seem to die too quickly to do that, though.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Sep 29, 2017

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

That wasn't me, and it's a joke.

There's a solid 1 use for Rey's zeta and it's P4 Tank.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Cactus posted:

I think that meme is supposed to be like one of those expanding brain memes. Someone joked that the level 4 brain is Pao's zeta.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

tadashi posted:

I think that meme is supposed to be like one of those expanding brain memes. Someone joked that the level 4 brain is Pao's zeta.

Donate to me in qgj pls

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
There's a zeta guide on the spreadsheet. I worked really hard on it and it's all terrible.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I still want them to troll the playerbase with a meta-breaking jar jar binks.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Cactus posted:

I still want them to troll the playerbase with a meta-breaking jar jar binks.
Honestly that would rank at about their third greatest troll

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Question about capital ship speed. If you both have the same ship, at the same stars and level, how does it determine who goes first every go around? There's no gear or mods for increasing speed of these ships, so in theory they would both go "at the same time", but obviously they can't. I think it's just random, in my experience, like opponent went first the first time, and when the TM came back to full, I went, and on like that, but I didn't know if there's rhyme or reason surrounding it.

Basically, if we both have Tarkin, how does the game determine who gets to bring in the TIEs first? Because that's kind of a game changer.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

People have mentioned that the next capital ship is rumored to be dark side, and would be Nute Gunray. But, wouldn't General Hux make sense, since Episode VIII is coming out soon, and he would realistically be the head of a ship like that.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hockles posted:

People have mentioned that the next capital ship is rumored to be dark side, and would be Nute Gunray. But, wouldn't General Hux make sense, since Episode VIII is coming out soon, and he would realistically be the head of a ship like that.

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. I think people are just assuming they'll pull a dick move like making you suddenly have to level Nute Gunray to use the new shiny ship.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
The real dick move would be having Grevious as the next cap ship commander.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Davethulhu posted:

I'm very biased since I 7*ed GG months ago and have to settle for a 5* BB8 because I wasn't clairvoyant enough to farm obscure FO long ago, but what if they did both? A cap ship for an easy guy to farm like Nute, AND a bone to us sad sacks who have up til now, wasted months and months on a worthless toon. Unlikely they'd drop 2 Separatist capital ships though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense. I think people are just assuming they'll pull a dick move like making you suddenly have to level Nute Gunray to use the new shiny ship.

Talia is the daily login character for October, so get ready for the night-sister/separatist review.

Yes, this will probably include Nute Gunray/GenG admiral ship.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Chilichimp posted:

Talia is the daily login character for October, so get ready for the night-sister/separatist review.

I really hope they don't add more capital ships without any other ship content... PvE would be great but at least some method to obtain the Reaper, Kylo's ship, Falcon. New ships would be good too. The mode has been kind of completely ignored for months now.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I figured they fired the guy who made ships, and it was only that guy who even cared for them.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

oops wrong forum posted:

I'm very biased since I 7*ed GG months ago and have to settle for a 5* BB8 because I wasn't clairvoyant enough to farm obscure FO long ago, but what if they did both? A cap ship for an easy guy to farm like Nute, AND a bone to us sad sacks who have up til now, wasted months and months on a worthless toon. Unlikely they'd drop 2 Separatist capital ships though.

Will probably require two captains or some dumb poo poo

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Fecha posted:

I really hope they don't add more capital ships without any other ship content... PvE would be great but at least some method to obtain the Reaper, Kylo's ship, Falcon. New ships would be good too. The mode has been kind of completely ignored for months now.

At least if they added a separatist capital ship, the various geonosian ships (and darth maul) would have a home.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

My daily toon for October is TFP. Is that just a placeholder?

Also, happy 7* GK day, SM!

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Vulpes posted:

I just looked at the forums, apparently it's a screw up. They said they're going to do a hotfix on Monday.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Vulpes posted:

TFP was last October's login toon.

They didn't actually apply the part of the patch that changes the login track, so it just used the only October value on record.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Which is a shame, I actually need some TFP shards to finish him off. But I keep getting side tracked by these marquee events.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Is swgoh.gg broken at the moment? It still isn't showing BB8 on my roster even though I've had him more than 24 hours and have synced several times.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

QGJ members I think that after the R2 event at the end of the month we can try hard tank again. Work on those HAAT teams friends.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

TFP was last October's login toon.

They didn't actually apply the part of the patch that changes the login track, so it just used the only October value on record.

These people are paid for this work.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

Is swgoh.gg broken at the moment? It still isn't showing BB8 on my roster even though I've had him more than 24 hours and have synced several times.

They prolly need to add him to the database.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

RC Cola posted:

QGJ members I think that after the R2 event at the end of the month we can try hard tank again. Work on those HAAT teams friends.

So it is confirmed that R2 is at the end of the month?

Does that mean another month to wait for Thrawn?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Davethulhu posted:

He's not that bad a farm, actually, got him to 7* a while ago just picking up the shards from the fleet store whenever they popped up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

He's not that bad a farm, actually, got him to 7* a while ago just picking up the shards from the fleet store whenever they popped up.

Eh, those shards have a seemingly endless series of steep competition. I mean, I buy them whenever I see them too, but that's since the beginning of fleet last year and I'm still not done.

a 1 year long grind should never be something called "not that bad a farm."

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

So it is confirmed that R2 is at the end of the month?

Does that mean another month to wait for Thrawn?

It is confirmed, R2 at the end of the month.

Thrawn could come mid-month or next month, noone knows.

It's a dick move to have 2 R2's before they bring thrawn back, but here we are.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Chilichimp posted:

It is confirmed, R2 at the end of the month.

Thrawn could come mid-month or next month, noone knows.

Thrawn might be a free 7* empire character to get r2. Why would they give you that when you could have to panic farm royal guard or stormtrooper?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I guess I wasted a lot of crystals on cantina refreshes to get Hera and Ezra to 7*. Still hoping it's mid-October with Rebels new season.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

I guess I wasted a lot of crystals on cantina refreshes to get Hera and Ezra to 7*. Still hoping it's mid-October with Rebels new season.

It's never a waste, when you'll need them soon enough anyway.

Every 7* is a 7* you'll never have to farm again.

I'm quitting them game if they go to 8 stars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Chilichimp posted:

I was only able to get a 5* Thrawn the first go around and I was hoping to use him to get R2 up to 7* (only 6* atm) ... So ya I'm sure they will dick us by dickily making Thrawn after R2, dicks.