Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

for accuracy they should have been born from the horse's rear end in a top hat

Something Awful Goons: Failing To Understand Cartoons Since 1999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

well the internet does make you stupid! :newlol:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

"Guys i hate ads so much why can't they go away i will pay for a site myself!!!"

https://www.theverge.com/2017/9/26/16367620/showtime-cpu-cryptocurrency-monero-coinhive

quote:

This past weekend, Showtime websites were found to be running a script that allows the sites to mine visitors’ extra CPU power for cryptocurrency, as pointed out by users on Twitter. The afflicted sites included showtime.com and showtimeanytime.com, but the script has since been removed following reports from Gizmodo and other sites.

"OMMMMGGG YOURE MAKING ME PAY FOR THE SITE GET THIS OFF NOWWWWW"

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

hahah so much for innovating around ads, u love them and u cannot get away from them

ok now some ads errebody loves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W16qzZ7J5YQ

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
and now, "javascript cryprocurrency miners are good" from the poster who brought you "ads are good"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
when thepiratebay does it *shrug*

when a company you pay for premium cable in order to watch shows without ads does it :thunk:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

javascript blacklists exist for a reason

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

https://twitter.com/FordMiddleEast/status/913088482838491137

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:barf:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Wheany posted:

and now, "javascript cryprocurrency miners are good" from the poster who brought you "ads are good"

they are good for people who think ads don't work on them because they are constantly trying to avoid ads and do weird stuff like install software thats selling their browsing history and selling whitelists to big companies who are just going to pay to get ads that are a little more relevant in front of you instead of understanding that good content doesnt just magically appear, content that people pay for gets made if youre so opposed to ads but want free stuff it makes no logical sense why you wouldnt want to be providing a revenue stream to people who make the stuff you like instead you just run no script and live the RMS way with text might as well just go into a comapny and poo poo all over their floor and say i want you to go out of business but then whine when you cant buy taco bell anymore because they closed it down from people making GBS threads all inside it and not paying for anything oh and stealing a chalupa

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

VR has not been cracked yet and those who do will be worth a lot of money

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

oh yes its so horrible that now more cars might need to be sold in a place where you dont understand the culture and their second largest import is automobiles

pagancow fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 29, 2017

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

just imagine how dumb you sound when you tell someone "omg ur ads are dumb" and they are moving product hand over fist in that country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRLe826lyao

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

pagancow posted:

they are good for people who think ads don't work on them because they are constantly trying to avoid ads and do weird stuff like install software thats selling their browsing history and selling whitelists to big companies who are just going to pay to get ads that are a little more relevant in front of you instead of understanding that good content doesnt just magically appear, content that people pay for gets made if youre so opposed to ads but want free stuff it makes no logical sense why you wouldnt want to be providing a revenue stream to people who make the stuff you like instead you just run no script and live the RMS way with text might as well just go into a comapny and poo poo all over their floor and say i want you to go out of business but then whine when you cant buy taco bell anymore because they closed it down from people making GBS threads all inside it and not paying for anything oh and stealing a chalupa

didn't read lol

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Wheany posted:

didn't read lol

same

blocked some ads today (all of them). feels good

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

oh yeah youre right you only like advertisments not actual thought pieces, better ship the paganvid 2.0 and pay pre-roll space for it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the last time i saw an advertisement i liked, steve was alive and macs were still made of bright polycarbonate.

everything since about 2007 has been poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pagancow posted:

oh yes its so horrible that now more cars might need to be sold in a place where you dont understand the culture and their second largest import is automobiles

no its cool that women get to drive in saudi arabia, really, but its gross as hell that a car company exploits the occasion to advertise their cars while celebrating burqas using a cute rearview mirror

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

advertisements make the world a worse place

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

saudia arabia has culturally advanced to 1920 (in one small way) and it's good to encourage them

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sure

but gross burqa commercials will not do the trick

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I'm mainly worried that she's driving through the dark with no headlights on.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

only ads can save her

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Powaqoatse posted:

advertisements make the world a worse place

my friend, ads make the world go round.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Smythe posted:

my friend, ads make the world go round.

nah my man

even if ads were illegal, capitalism would find a way to exploit everyone so

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Powaqoatse posted:

nah my man

even if ads were illegal, capitalism would find a way to exploit everyone so

it would be cool if ads were illegal though because our public spaces would be nicer

billboards are blight

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hella agreed

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

billboards are illegal in maine

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

you can't spell bad without ads

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

fart simpson posted:

you can't spell bad without ads

i agre

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dude have you ever worked in the nonprofit arts space? there are no ads the there is no money. you go around sucking cock for underwriters, donors, and the occasional paltry box office take. you scrape and crawl on your belly to finance modest shows. in commercial tv powered by ads there is an infinite money spigot to pay your bros and broettes (artists) a fuckton of money all while keeping the corporate overlords happy. tv is one of the last bastions of decent blue collar work in this country and weve got good unions strongarming the fat ad revenue to thank for it. just my $0.02

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
anyways while im on this tangent that i made and nobody will care about id like to take this time to say that we should all be happy we're not fine artists. my good buddy is a painter (like fine art painter) and that is a tough fuckin gig

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i respect your poo poo smythe & its excellent that companies pay for your stuff and put whatever ad somewhere that nobody looks at. i think its important and good but i will not look at the ad

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
oh i dont have ads. im a nonprofit arts drone with no budget. but i respect the ad. ads paid for my lavish way of life OP, and i respect them.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

even better imo

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I cannot love an ad because it attempts to control my brain. I am still too human

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
you can't spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

you can't spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

this one hits almost all the good points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN8ZnDghWAY

except no rf modulated output on the games wtf

• Locked thread