Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

there's more time in 1/100th of the time between protons disappearing and the heat death than all of known history right now x 10

Just like space is really big, time is realllly big. If all of time up to now was the planet Earth, all the time left to go is the rest of the Universe

I know taht was my joke

it was bad

turning on my monitor now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am very sad right now. I just lost my one hitter. I went to tap it out and dropped it out the window.

I had that little piece of metal for longer than I can remember. :(

At least I still got the dugout with the weed in it.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nonsense posted:

The Red Cross sent nothing, pocketed all of it

well thats lovely

Serf
May 5, 2011

the bitcoin of weed posted:

he quit after having multiple public meltdowns about the teens having it out for him lol

he's been ranting about how the dsa is now too left lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

euphronius posted:

oh please share it!

also your opinion. about hillary

no its mine

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gringostar posted:

I'm betting washington or ca

eh its either going to be the bay area or NYC since they had pretty organized chapters before the post-trump influx

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

the bitcoin of weed posted:

he quit after having multiple public meltdowns about the teens having it out for him lol

so much for the tolerant left

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

none of this matters because apparently the lives of United States citizens in non-electoral territories don't matter. good luck with the JSawyer survival mod, my PR brothers and sisters

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zeroisanumber posted:

CNN spent a MONTH on that loving airliner that disappeared. A MONTH.

i watched a lot of MH 370 coverage at the gym and I have to say, not entirely not worth it

a good old mystery

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gringostar posted:

they're in afghanistan

*checking map*

looks like afghanistan is not an island

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Kazak_Hstan posted:

i watched a lot of MH 370 coverage at the gym and I have to say, not entirely not worth it

a good old mystery

:allbuttons:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Serf posted:

the dsa isn't a party

i mean i could put myself on the ballot as DSA if i wanted, DSA itself can't formally support candidates without changing its tax structure

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

im pretty sure thats wrong

402 only requires that a cbo estimate happen if practicable, 3205 asserts that it's out of order to not have it released and floating around for 28 hours

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

PR, being part of the US... Is not part of southcom

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

TRUMP

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

eonwe posted:

I don't think trump is good

:eyepop:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

You will respect our president

Princess Died
Jun 29, 2017

Epic High Five posted:

Don't we have entire divisions that we spend billions of dollars a year maintaining at the level where you press a button, and within 18 hours you have thousands of troops fully supported and ready to go even if it's thousands of miles away?

:smugdon:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the man is making his own katrina except it's worse than katrina

incredible

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

2DCAT posted:

I think they mean that Kelly should know how naval relief efforts work regardless of hemisphere/operational area

btw how was your emergency meeting did you meet chief idiot again

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/913859178514538500

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

triple sulk posted:

incredible

katrina was also man-made in every sense of the word from the storm itself to the lovely levees

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

incredible

Can't get bad coverage if there's no power for the cameras. :smugdon:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Puerto... Rio? Rico? Never heard of her.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

triple sulk posted:

incredible

obama did katrina

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i mean i could put myself on the ballot as DSA if i wanted, DSA itself can't formally support candidates without changing its tax structure

is DSA a scam?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im johnny puerto rico and i say kill em all

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Serf posted:

they have made huge gains as a group. but they aren't a party. they just advocate for candidates that align with their interests. like there's a city council rep in atlanta who ran as a democrat but is a dsa member and won

Being an official party would be it's own trial since it would take a huge influx of funds and political capital to just muscle in onto the rolls of a single state. And then it has to make sure not to get ratfucked by the Dems when it comes to actually getting a candidate voted in with the possibility of splitting a left wing vote in favor of the Republican candidate. At this state of American politics, it may be better to just be like the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus and be an internal group of Dems with specific policy goals and ideologies.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:matters:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

2DCAT posted:

yes, but you would think that the SOUTHCOM leader would know about US military assets in the Caribbean, where PR is located

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Bip Roberts posted:

doesn't sound like it's developing

I bet the CDC would differ on that.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

A Handed Missus posted:

Puerto... Rio? Rico? Never heard of her.

john kelly looks like michael ironside, so I assume he knows how to operate SeaQuest DSV

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

now is NOT the time for partisan politics however democrats are the real racists

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

m a r k e t
f o r c e s

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

eonwe posted:

im johnny puerto rico and i say kill em all

Serf
May 5, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

Being an official party would be it's own trial since it would take a huge influx of funds and political capital to just muscle in onto the rolls of a single state. And then it has to make sure not to get ratfucked by the Dems when it comes to actually getting a candidate voted in with the possibility of splitting a left wing vote in favor of the Republican candidate. At this state of American politics, it may be better to just be like the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus and be an internal group of Dems with specific policy goals and ideologies.

exactly. the goal has always been to change the democrats from within and eventually wear their skin like a roach thrall

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Don't we have entire divisions that we spend billions of dollars a year maintaining at the level where you press a button, and within 18 hours you have thousands of troops fully supported and ready to go even if it's thousands of miles away?

The button was repurposed to order Trump a coke.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

yes, but you would think that the SOUTHCOM leader would know about US military assets in the Caribbean, where PR is located

tormp

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

zegermans posted:

I think they mean that Kelly should know how naval relief efforts work regardless of hemisphere/operational area

btw how was your emergency meeting did you meet chief idiot again

That makes more sense. Derp on my part.

Nothing funny... Just a giant piss war where fact and reason are pushed aside and replaced with passion and "what ones heart says."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

i know oceans i've flown over ocean a thousand times believe me
i know

• Locked thread