Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

facebook is cool again, I just shamed my former state rep and he resorted to quoting the dictionary at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it's mixed, because while the story and story missions are fantastic, there's too much filler inbetween . The way it works is there's 9 areas with a major storyline mission and 2 lieutenants. To open up each lieutenant you have to go around the district doing random filler missions (steal cash from this place, destroy their supplies, kill these enforcers, tail this car around, etc..).

That said, the story is fantastic, there's a lot of really good characters, and if you have ever wanted to drive around New Orleans blasting Fortunate Son, stopping only to chuck molotovs into white only diners, then buddy, this game is for you. Plus enemies have this in-between step where they're not dead, but they're counted as dead, so they're just rolling around moaning and screaming in agony and buddy, never have you wanted to empty shotguns into kneecaps more to see that happen.

The actual story missions are great as you do stuff like dose a party with LSD and burn a Klan leader on a cross.

Jesus Christ, sold

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Hows star fox 2? I have a retropie and that's the only thing that intrigues me

I have a pretty good version of Star Fox 2 on my retropie. It's basically all range mode from SF64 but with the original Star Fox graphics. And the over world matches that from Star Fox Assault for DS where you have to intercept an enemy then go into battle.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I love Russ

https://twitter.com/BryanKalbrosky/status/913845722407153664

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

No Butt Stuff posted:

facebook is cool again, I just shamed my former state rep and he resorted to quoting the dictionary at me.

Flik and I play fantasy football with my state rep lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

golden parachute alert

https://twitter.com/Hadas_Gold/status/913865256669151233

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Why is the forums background red

what is happening

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Butter Hole posted:

Why is the forums background red

what is happening

I do not see the thing you see. Screenshot it.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

fishing with the fam posted:

I do not see the thing you see. Screenshot it.

Interesting. I tested and it only happens in firefox. I will investigate further and report back on this urgent matter.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I see no red in firefox 55.0.3

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Leperflesh posted:

I see no red in firefox 55.0.3

Firefox updated today to 56.0, and everything is normal for me.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Flik and I play fantasy football with my state rep lol

He is terrible at trading, oh and Mel already made a deal with him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Butter Hole you might be dying

Seiferguy thanks for letting me know sf2 on retropie exists. Much easier solution.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The ACA lives and Tom Price is out of a job. :lol:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Flikken posted:

He is terrible at trading, oh and Mel already made a deal with him.

And who has the better record :colbert:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The font seems bigger for some reason

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

And who has the better record :colbert:

It's early.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Don's been there since 2007 so maybe he's not all-in on ACA sabotage.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
also this graph :lol:

https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/913842087216451584

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
A few months ago I had to go to the emergency room and I finally got all of my bills back for it. I tore my calf and went to the emergency room, sat there for 3+ hours waiting, saw the doctor for maybe 10 minutes, he wrote me some prescriptions, gave me some cheap crutches and sent me on my way.

Use of emergency room - $350
Crutches - $250
Emergency physician charge - $1300

Total: $1900

Almost 2 grand to sit in an emergency room for a little more than three hours and to be told there's nothing we can do, here's some pain meds and some crutches. I have insurance and an HSA so I won't have to come out of pocket for anything but I hate thinking what it could have cost if there was something more that needed to be done, or if I didn't have insurance.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Doing some quick and possibly wrong math on this, but it looks like if you make the median US income you'll get about $200 extra.

Someone in the 1% receives over $30k.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

My favorite reddit drama is The_Donald started raiding cuckolding fetish subforums to tell them that they're degenerates and need to stop, but are utterly shocked that the people who get off on being humiliated started jacking off to this

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

CyberPingu posted:

Yeyy. The little brother showed up

The N64 one feels so close now

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'd be pretty interested in an N64 classic since that's where retropie kind of falls short.

Edit: an N64 classic would probably miss a lot of good games because of disputes with Rare, sadly.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Oh boy...I cant wait for all those super blurry n64 graphics.

In HD

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Looks like the Price was

wrong

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm so wifed up. Going to the girls house and making dinner and watching the sinner..and I wouldn't rather be doing anything else.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Doing some quick and possibly wrong math on this, but it looks like if you make the median US income you'll get about $200 extra.

Someone in the 1% receives over $30k.

factor in eliminating the estate tax and the 1%ers start receiving millions.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm so wifed up. Going to the girls house and making dinner and watching the sinner..and I wouldn't rather be doing anything else.

Go forth and be happy good goon

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Alternatively. Watch your back. Start stockpiling money now.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/sahluwal/status/913886049499152384

Now that's what I call...draining the swamp

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Leperflesh posted:

factor in eliminating the estate tax and the 1%ers start receiving millions.

Yeah, I'm sure it's even worse. This was just from calculating what the take home pay would be for both groups without any deductions or anything like that, which is what I assume the report looked at.

Since you're the human encyclopedia, can you explain exactly how the estate tax works? From what I can gather they calculate a tax for the value of the estate since some investments aren't taxed until their liquidated. If that's right, how can people justify trying to abolish the tax?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Freaquency posted:

how can people justify trying to abolish the tax?

Because what is the poor, hardworking, family farmer that owns 6 million in assets supposed to do, hmmm?

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 30, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They lie about it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Yeah, I'm sure it's even worse. This was just from calculating what the take home pay would be for both groups without any deductions or anything like that, which is what I assume the report looked at.

Since you're the human encyclopedia, can you explain exactly how the estate tax works? From what I can gather they calculate a tax for the value of the estate since some investments aren't taxed until their liquidated. If that's right, how can people justify trying to abolish the tax?

There's a $5.45M per person exemption, plus a lifetime gift allowance (so you can give some of your estate to your heirs before you die), plus additional protections already on the books for farmers, plus a special farmers' payment plan that lets a working farm pay off an estate tax in installments over several years.

So basically

Kalli posted:

They lie about it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
http://afropunk.com/2017/09/guy-tried-whitesplain-martin-luther-king-jr-mlks-daughter/

Kill whitey

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

took 3 hurricanes but don finally has his katrina

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/913873034750119937

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We are getting A+ reviews on our response but puerto rico is in the ocean. Its an island in the ocean. Surrounded on all sides by water. But the response, everyone says we are doing great.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Not just water but ocean water. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

every time somebody mentions Donald Trump the pics of him pretending to drive a truck on the White House lawn pop into my head

I think it's the funniest thing I've ever seen and this is where I would post them if the awful app let me upload pics without error messages

• Locked thread