Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think he also uses it as a test to see if any of the guests listen to the show. None of them seem to have passed.

What do you think they're supposed to say if they "pass"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everyone seems to be taken off guard with it, they're not sure if he's serious or not.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's a joking bad catchphrase that came from the catchphrase submissions & is funny for the following reasons

1. Means nothing. There is no show that attempts to talk to uninteresting people
2. Not actually true, CBB is an improv show with a loose interview format
3. Feeds into scotts character as an extremely bad interviewer/host
4. You and your super friends quoting each other in every thread

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's a joking bad catchphrase that came from the catchphrase submissions & is funny for the following reasons

1. Means nothing. There is no show that attempts to talk to uninteresting people
2. Not actually true, CBB is an improv show with a loose interview format
3. Feeds into scotts character as an extremely bad interviewer/host
4. You and your super friends quoting each other in every thread

Thank you for the analysis, Keven. Very insightful and well thought out. I hadn't considered this angle, and will take the day to think on this. You've really given me some food for thought. Thanks.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Keven is so smart. Way to Keven, Keven. All obvious jokes are funny filtered through Keven, major contributor whom everyone likes

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Happy to help folks. Have a good one.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
the podcast analyzer

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The thread where we post with interesting users.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Everyone seems to be taken off guard with it, they're not sure if he's serious or not.

I would be baffled of someone said that to my face

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's the kind of slogan that would show up in Hollywood Handbook as a quick joke.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Pound Foolish and Weird L. I'm dying.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
My favourite part of the last CBB was Andy and Scott assuming PFT was doing a bit about Downsizing and then it turning out that PFT didn't actually know that was a movie.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

My favourite part of the last CBB was Andy and Scott assuming PFT was doing a bit about Downsizing and then it turning out that PFT didn't actually know that was a movie.

Especially PFT's absolutely nonplussed "Oh, maybe I didn't make it clear: NOT INTERESTED."

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I like when he says that he's absolutely not a Borrower, and then had to convince them that he doesn't steal from big people, just borrows from them. It's a stupid little thing that I bet they all forgot, but I loved it.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

He's back

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Some classic Ducca really made my whole morning. Spectacular drug name jokes.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's Very Good.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Bob Ducca is the best I am very happy this episode was very good thank you.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
This episode is great.

Mods plz change name to MID-MORNING ARMPIT PISSES

cams
Mar 28, 2003

nick's "that must be unbearable" and the varied reactions to it were beautiful

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

When they bring up eczema and Jason says "I'm allergic to EGGS-ema" and nobody reacts at all... I hope he understands how it feels to be let down by his friends now.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

When they bring up eczema and Jason says "I'm allergic to EGGS-ema" and nobody reacts at all... I hope he understands how it feels to be let down by his friends now.

I could feel part of Mantzoukas's soul die at that moment.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Instant classic, #duccastrong

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Nothing could make me happier than seeing Ducca back on the show! (Short of PFT's grandmas returning, naturally.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

I am disappointed Zouks didn't bring everything to a standstill immediately to rip Scott a new one for barreling past a joke that was practically tailor made for him.

PerilPastry posted:

Nothing could make me happier than seeing Ducca back on the show! (Short of PFT's grandmas returning, naturally.)

I have been binging through the Superego archives on Stitcher Premium and there is some excellent unused Matt and Mark grandma material in the bonus episodes.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I hate it when goons try to "punch up" podcasts with their own jokes.

With that out of the way, I was really disappointed that "night sweats... day sweats..." wasn't followed up with "Keith Sweats".

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

NAAAWAAALINS

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

cams posted:

nick's "that must be unbearable" and the varied reactions to it were beautiful

Oh, Nick.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Thank you/congratulations to Bibby Moynihan for introducing the phrase "bust a piss" to countless listeners' lexicons today.

Also, my God, this exists

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's not another Time Bobby is it?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Don't worry.

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug

Gargamel Gibson posted:

It's not another Time Bobby is it?

Kind of.Paul does the ads with Scott, so it's pretty good.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Slow Pesci does sound suspiciously like Fourvel....

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

PFT saying plainly "State your premise!" was too much for me...

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Thordain posted:

Kind of.Paul does the ads with Scott, so it's pretty good.

And during the Blue Apron ad they accidently stumble on a joke site created by the McElroy brothers during a blue apron and.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Late on this, but I'm really enjoying this high status low status conversation in the recent Andy Samberg episode. Just take a break from the show to talk about the improv you're currently doing.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I like that you could tell Bobby definitely listens to the show somewhat regularly, following up the "nose" countdown with an "it's been awhile...since I heard that".

Surprised when some regulars don't seem to get oft repeated jokes outside their own eps.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Crazyweasel posted:

I like that you could tell Bobby definitely listens to the show somewhat regularly, following up the "nose" countdown with an "it's been awhile...since I heard that".

Surprised when some regulars don't seem to get oft repeated jokes outside their own eps.

That was in a previous episode of his though, Time Bobby 2 I believe they hit it pretty hard

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
For some reason the real world name that sounds the most like a Star Wars character absolutely destroyed me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

a pipe smoking dog posted:

And during the Blue Apron ad they accidently stumble on a joke site created by the McElroy brothers during a blue apron and.

Haha, not only that but it looks like "blapron.com" redirects to blueapron.com with a MBMBAM referral code, so it seems Scotty Aucks and PFT was kinda driving ad revenue to the Brothers McElroy by encouraging people to check out blapron.com. =D